Redamancy | BTS

By strawberheecake

Redamancy (n.) - a love returned in full. A hybrid BTS x reader AU. Started: April 19, 2021 Completed: Janu... More

0 - Prologue
1 - The Will
2 - Questions
3 - First Impressions
4 - Intentions
5 - The Revelation
6 - Hidden Messages
7 - Bentos & Blueprints
8 - Misunderstanding
9 - Tickles & Cub Bites
10 - Pack Representatives
11 - New Rules
12 - Dessert
14 - Surprise
15 - Forever Cub
16 - Sunshine
17 - Connections
18 - Kitchen Appliance Nightmare
19 - Trust
20 - Intern Kim
21 - Red
22 - Binnie, Junie, & Beomie
23 - Heartbeats & Cuddles
24 - Headlines
25 - Housewarming Gift
26 - Hot off the Press
27 - Chance Encounter
28 - Written in the Stars
29 - POV
30 - Family
31 - Boss Woman
32 - Officially Mine
33 - Dirty Little Secrets
34 - Attention, Please!
35 - Chocolate Cake
36 - Cub Wrangling
37 - New Routines
38 - Take Your Pick
39 - New Beginnings
40 - Redamancy
BTS Imagine Post
French Translation
Russian Translation
Sequel Short Stories

13 - Cub vs. Bear

22.4K 1K 603
By strawberheecake

As you pull into the small parking lot at the pack's place, you can already feel an odd change in the atmosphere. You haven't even stepped foot out of your car yet, let alone set your gears into park, but you can sense that something isn't quite right. The air is tense and the silence in the surrounding forest is deafening.

Your suspicions are confirmed the moment you cut off the engine and unlock your doors to step out. Just when your driver's door is cracked open enough, no more than seven inches wide, you see a blur of light brown scurry into the vehicle before scaling up your arm.

"Hoseok?" you squeak in surprise, blinking rapidly at the red panda staring at you with an expression resembling something similar to alarm.

The small hybrid squeaks at you and you cock your head to the side in confusion. You can see Hoseok give a laborious agitated huff before using one of his small hands to tug on your shirt sleeve and using his other hand to point towards the main clearing.

"Is something wrong?" you ask with furrowed eyebrows. Of course, you weren't really expecting a response that you could understand, but a nonverbal cue would have been helpful too. When Hoseok starts squeaking at you again, your body finally reacts and you clamber out of the car, with the red panda hybrid still perched on your arm.

Just as you're about to slam your door shut, a new hand reaches out and stops you from doing so.

"Oh, Namjoon," you startle with a slight jump. "You almost gave me a heart attack." You try to laugh off the small scare the panther hybrid just put you through, but when you finally take a good look at him hunched into a squatting position on the ground next to your car, you instantly seize your laughter.

"Get down, Y/N," the leader hushes you suddenly. His authoritative, yet calming, tone instantly sends shivers down your spine and you can't help but clamp your mouth shut and do as you're told. Your heart beats wildly in your chest as you watch the older male shut your car door as softly as possible before he turns to face you again.

"What's going on, Namjoon?" you ask, voice barely above a hushed whisper.

"Look, Y/N," he sighs. "I think you were-"

Before the pack leader can finish his statement, two pickup trucks roll up and park on the other side of your car. When you stand up to get a better look, Hoseok lets out a surprised squeak and tries to hide somewhere within or behind the hair that falls past your shoulders.

"Oh, they're-"

"I knew it, you were being followed," Namjoon mutters mostly to himself but you hear his statement nonetheless. He then proceeds to stand in front of you, sheltering your smaller frame with his taller one.

"Hi, there," a new voice greets. 

"How can I help you, sir?" the pack leader responds with a stern tone, unlike the soothing tone you've grown accustomed to. There's no real heat or malice in his tone, yet anyone would be able to tell the panther hybrid isn't too thrilled about the strangers in his territory.

"Namjoon," you whisper in a slight hiss, reaching both arms to give one of his arms a gentle tug. The older male turns to look at you expectedly, arching an eyebrow in a silent question. You take his cue as a chance to step next to him so that you can look him in the eyes. "He's from the contracting team. He's just dropping by today to scope out the land to ensure there aren't any unexpected problems before his team begins the project on Monday."

"Oh," the panther breathes out softly, reaching his other arm to scratch awkwardly behind his neck. "Well, this is embarrassing."

"Thank you, again, for coming out here on a weekend! I hope the drive wasn't too bad," you turn to smile warmly at the contractor.

"Oh yes, the drive was just fine. Quite nice to get a glimpse of all this breathtaking nature and take a break from our normal cityscape," he responds enthusiastically.

"I completely agree," you nod. "It's one of my favorite parts about driving here."

When the car door of the second truck slams shut, you turn to smile knowingly as you see a familiar figure.

"Sorry, if you'll just give us a moment," you quietly excuse yourself from the contract's attention sheepishly. "We'll just be a minute and then I'll show you the main plot of land."

"Of course," he nods. "Take your time."

When you turn a few paces to face the approaching figure, your arms, which are still wrapped around Namjoon's arm, tug lightly to catch his attention. The pack leader glances down at your arms still wrapped around his and smiles lightly before tracing your gaze to where you're looking.

"Y/N!" the new person calls out excitedly.

"Hi, Soobin," you wave. 

"Soobin?" Namjoon murmurs in confusion, eyes examining the younger male up and down. Even Hoseok, who is still perched on your shoulder conveniently, perks up in interest at the familiar name.

"I can't believe I'm finally here," Soobin chuckles as he joins the three of you.

"I figured I'd need help moving all of your things to the house if we want to keep things efficient," you explain to the pack leader. "Plus, my car will be full after just seating the eight of us, so Soobin will be following me and driving your things over."

"Hence why I drove my pickup truck," Soobin adds. "Do you think everything will fit in it?"

You eye the vehicle's truck bed before glancing up at Namjoon for his opinion.

"I think if we organize all of the boxes really well, we can make it in one trip," the leader nods in confirmation.

"Awesome," Soobin smiles happily.  "Hi, by the way. It's really nice to be able to finally meet you. I'm Choi Soobin."

"Kim Namjoon," the older male greets back with a slight bow. "And the tiny red panda on Y/N's shoulder is Jung Hoseok."

"Oh, how adorable!" the taller male coos when he finally notices said hybrid.

"C'mon, let's go so I can introduce you to the rest of the pack," you motion to Soobin before turning to face the contractor again. "Shall we?"

"After you," he nods politely.

As the five of you walk leisurely through the dense forest trees, your arms naturally unwrap themselves from Namjoon's arm to give him some space. However, the moment you let go, you notice the pack leader stepping closer to you and leaning down until his lips are just at your ear level.

"Hoseok," he whispers. He's speaking at such close proximity, you can't help the cool shivers that travel down your spine or the goosebumps that raise on the back of your neck. "You might want to go ahead and warn the others before we all get there."

Your mind seems to be trapped in some haze because you barely register the feeling of the red panda hybrid running down your arm and dashing off ahead of everyone. When you finally realize his absence, you shake your head in confusion and turn to look up at Namjoon.

"Wait, why is Hoseok warning everyone?" you whisper softly so that the two men behind you don't hear.

"I wasn't the only one who thought you were being followed," the panther hybrid shrugs. "When we heard more than one car engine turn in down the road after yours, we all kind of panicked."

"Sorry," you wince with a light chuckle. "That's completely on me. I should have checked with you guys before inviting strangers over."

"No need to apologize," Namjoon shakes his head in understanding. "You didn't have any way to contact us and I'd hate it if you drove out all this way just to tell us something so small."

"I'll still be sure to run these things by you and the pack next time," you offer, and Namjoon nods gratefully. "Plus, there's a landline at the house you guys will be staying at so I can definitely contact you guys much quicker."

"Better keep that information away from the cubs for now. Otherwise, you might be getting their calls at 2 A.M. in the morning," Namjoon teases.

"They'll find out eventually when we get there," you giggle.

"So, Namjoon-ssi," Soobin says from behind the two of you, and you and Namjoon instantly create some distance in between yourselves to open the conversation back up. "If I remember correctly, Y/N told me you're the pack leader."

"Ah, I guess," the panther chuckles awkwardly, scratching the back of his neck in embarrassment again.

"You guess?" you tease with raised eyebrows. "Namjoon, you're literally the boss-man around here."

Your adamant statement causes both the contractor and lawyer to chuckle lightly. The pack leader in question feels his own ears flicker at the sudden attention as his cheeks heat up with a burst of warmth.

"Well, it was never officially decided," Namjoon begins to explain. "But I guess everyone just naturally listened to me in all situations - except for when it comes to cooking."

"Ah, so you're a natural-born leader," the contractor hums in understanding.

"Definitely," you nod with a proud smile resting on your lips.

"Don't worry, I'm not good in the kitchen either," Soobin laughs. "My roommates never let me near them while they're cooking. They claim I'd ruin the meal if I did."

"Yeah, I hear that a lot too," Namjoon laughs as he finds common ground he can relate to the lawyer with.

"Oh, you have roommates?" you ask curiously.

"Ah, I don't think I've ever mentioned them," the lawyer responds with a nod. "I live with two roommates. One's older and the other one is younger."

"I see," you hum.

"Actually, the younger one is a bear hybrid," Soobin adds.

"No wonder," Namjoon gasps suddenly. "I kept smelling another hybrid's scent but I wasn't too sure."

"A bear hybrid?" you beam in amazement. "If you're okay with it - and if your roommates are okay with it - I'd love to meet them one day."

"Of course-"

"Why? Are we not good enough for you anymore, Y/N?" a new voice asks just as the four of you step into the main clearing.

"Busted," Namjoon whistles under his breath.

"Jungkook! That's not what I meant," you stumble as you turn to meet the youngest hybrid's gaze with wide eyes.

"Who are these strange men? Why are you visiting them and their bear hybrid?" the black panther continues his angry rant as he stomps up to you and pulls you behind him swiftly. Jungkook stands protectively in front of you, just as Namjoon had done moments ago, and glares cold daggers at the two "strange" men.

"Kook," Seokjin calls out to his youngest in a warning tone. "Hobi just told you who they are. Don't say anything you'll regret later."

"Here, why don't I show you around," Namjoon offers the contractor in a gentle tone. The older man gladly accepts the pack leader's offer before they're both setting off on their short tour.

However, the moment they leave, Jungkook's gaze hardens on Soobin. When you peek over the side of the panther hybrid's body, you notice the lawyer gulp nervously under the heated gaze the pack's youngest is throwing at him.

"Kookie, these men are here to help you build your new house and to help you move to your temporary house," you explain calmly, slowly wiggling your wrist to get him to loosen his iron grip on you.

"Then why are you visiting a bear hybrid?" Jungkook asks, whipping around to stare at you with furrowed eyebrows.

'Because the bear hybrid is Soobin's roommate and Soobin is my friend."

"Well I'm your friend and I'm also a hybrid," he huffs cutely. "You should just visit me instead."

"I visit you often, Jungkook," you giggle. "And I will continue visiting you for a very long time."

"Great, she will no longer be visiting your bear," Jungkook retorts happily to Soobin who nods with a knowing smile on his lips.

When the young panther begins tugging you hastily towards the rest of the pack, you turn to Soobin to motion for him to follow.

"One wrong word and we would have gone back to living in our tent," Seokjin scolds Jungkook the moment he's within arms reach. Your eyes widen in shock as you witness the eldest pinch the youngest's sensitive buds.

"Oh," you squeak in surprise, turning your head to avoid gazing in that direction. "I don't think I was supposed to see that."

"Looks like our cub is already feeling quite protective over you," Taehyung smirks.

"I'm not going to lie. I really thought it would be you," Hoseok muses, pointing at the tiger hybrid.

"I know when to step in and when to stay back," the younger male responds cheekily. "Plus, we all know that I'm Y/N's favorite and that no other hybrid could replace me."

"There he goes again," Jimin groans with a sassy eye roll.

"Again? Does he say that often?" you ask bewilderedly.

"At least once a day," the fox hybrid huffs.

"Guys, introduce yourselves before the poor lawyer combusts from feeling so awkward," Yoongi suddenly cuts in, using a lazy hand to motion at Soobin standing behind you. The human male's usual tall frame suddenly looks tiny behind yours.

"I'm so sorry about Jungkook earlier," Seokjin quickly apologizes with a bow.

"No worries," Soobin waves his arm as a gesture to signal that he understands where the panther is coming from. "Namjoon was like that too and I understand how off-putting it can be to have a stranger on your property."

"Namjoon?" Yoongi questions in an amused tone.

"He stepped out in front of Y/N when the contractor and I first arrived," the lawyer explains.

"Interesting," the snow leopard hums. You wish to ask him what's so intriguing about the situation, but you decide to save your question for later.

"Well as you said, Jungkook was probably just taken aback by having strangers here. Plus, he tends to be a little protective over things he likes."

"Jin!" Jungkook roars in horror and steps on the elder's foot out of pure panic. "I just like having Y/N as a friend. Why do you have to make it sound so weird."

You stifle a giggle under your breath at the cute panther as he continues to complain to the sugar glider hybrid.

"Please excuse him," Yoongi rolls his eyes. "He's still going through puberty."

"But he's older than me?" you question, knowing full well the panther is done growing. However, the snow leopard just shushes you with a quiet shake of his head as he brings one finger up to his lips while scrunching his nose cutely.

"That's Seokjin, by the way," you turn to explain to Soobin as you point out the older male of the still-bickering duo. "He's the oldest."

"And that man over there," you say pointing to the red panda hybrid in human form now, "is Hoseok. The red panda hybrid you met earlier."

"Oh, it's nice to meet you in your human form," Soobin bows politely.

"Oh, he's polite," Hoseok cheers quietly. "I like him."

"You like most people after you get over your initial fear of them," Jimin states, matter-of-factly.

"And I'm Taehyung," the tiger hybrid finally introduces himself.

"Ah, Taehyung - Y/N's favorite," Soobin nods along.

"Please don't encourage him," Yoongi pleads, causing everyone to laugh.

"I think Namjoon and the contractor should be finishing up pretty soon since the guy is only here to scope out any potential problems," you announce after a beat of silence. "Why don't we get started with loading the truck so that way we can head out sooner?"

"Sounds good to me," Seokjin nods.

"Is everyone ready?" you ask, taking a final look around the clearing. Where there used to be the camping supplies the boys used regularly, now lies the vibrant green grass and a few large boxes packed to the brim with all of their belongings.

"Yeah, let's go to our new house," Taehyung yips excitedly.

♡ ♡ ♡

Happy Monday, Dalgis! Here's this week's update. I hope you enjoyed it!

For those of you who have not seen my announcement or tweet yet, I opened a Google Form this morning in anticipation of celebrate reaching 1K followers. I would really appreciate it if you all responded with ideas regarding how we should celebrate this special milestone since none of this would be possible without my lovely readers and followers. I'll include the link down below, but if the link doesn't work, click on the link in my bio and click on the "Surprise!" tab - it'll take you directly to the form. The form closes on Monday, July 26th at 12:00 A.M. (PST).
https://forms.gle/wn3RpeZpKyWCFDsh8

Question of the Week: all feelings aside, who do you think you would truly get along well with, in real-life among K-pop idols? More specifically, who do you think can most realistically be your best friend(s)?
For me, I think I would get along really well with Jake from Enhypen. Over and over again, all of the members have always talked about how Jake's presence is just really comforting and how you feel at ease whenever you're with him - and it amazes me each time how I'm able to feel that through a screen. And honestly, now that I'm 20 and going on, I value a small number of close friendships over a large number of superficial friendships. Furthermore, I think our personalities are similar in ways that would allow us to form a close friendship but also different in ways so that our similarities won't drive us insane. (In case my last statement doesn't make sense, sometimes when you have too much in common with another person, those similarities actually drive you insane because they're just too much like you.)

As always, I hope you have a wonderful week! Thank you for your constant love and support. I love you and stay safe my beautiful Dalgis!

Until next Monday,
Dalgi Jungoo 🍓

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

281K 6.1K 25
๐šƒ๐š‘๐š’๐šœ ๐š’๐šœ ๐šŠ ๐šœ๐š๐š˜๐š›๐šข ๐šŠ๐š‹๐š˜๐šž๐š ๐šŠ ๐š๐š’๐š›๐š• ๐š ๐š‘๐š˜๐š– ๐š๐š’๐š—๐š๐šœ 7 ๐šŠ๐š—๐š’๐š–๐šŠ๐š•๐šœ ๐šŠ๐š—๐š ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ๐šข ๐š ๐š’๐š•๐š• ๐š‘๐šŽ๐š•๐š™ ๐š‘๐šŽ๐š› ๐š๐š‘๐š›๐š˜๐šž๐š๐š‘ ๐šœ๐š...
283K 10.6K 52
au where a boy falls in love with another through online messaging. all rights reserved. started: July 16, 2016 completed: September 10, 2016
40.9K 1.4K 22
โi really like you, Tae hyungโž when an innocent, young hybrid falls for his bad boy neighbour. BTS VKOOK HYBRID AU started; 090918 ended; 301019 comp...
145K 6.6K 29
[ ๐๐š๐ซ๐ญ ๐Ÿ’ ] Published: June 2022 Completed: July 2022