The Deaf Mutant

By wolffie_03

Y/n is a new Avenger, but she has her differences. She is deaf, Completely deaf she uses ASL to communicate... More

Author notes
Waiting
Loki return
Spoken
I guess she does have a voice
Overheated I think?
Loki's room
The sickness
Our little secret
Her Snuggle Buddy
Loki's New Beginning
Trust me love
Blue
No Promises
Good Night My Child
Scars Are Forever
Overload
Does It Look Bad
1k reads
Blue Button
Babysitter?
No Ordinary Mortal
It's Cute
Girls Day Out
Secret room
Author's Bestie'sšŸ˜±šŸ˜šŸ˜œ
Come On Prince
Trip Down Memory Lane
Time you know...
spiderling
I Can Braid It If You Like
Our Little Avenger
Did I Kill Anyone
You can speak
I'm Not Going To Die
See No Evil-Hear No Evil
I'm not a good person
Possibilities Of Tomorrow
I Should Choke You With This
She Wasn't Alone

Do They Know

3.3K 76 74
By wolffie_03

Chapter 25

It's been a few weeks and it's almost the end of June. I and Loki have grown closer in our friendship and he is almost fluent in sign language. Nat has been helping me prep for school along with Tony and Bruce helping me with mathematics and calculus. Thor finely diced to start to learn sign and he is doing pretty good.

Tony postponed our move to the compound but that's fine with me. Loki and I have been training a lot and it's not as hard as I thought it would be to keep up with an Asgardian, Thor I'm a little skeptical about. Oh after about a week I also gave Clint his bow back but mainly because he also had a mission.

But this morning is not good. I may be alive and have a family but Today is not my day. For most teens, they would enjoy their 16th birthday but me no. In Hydra, we would do experiments that made no sense to me since I ALREADY HAD POWERS, then after they would have the audacity to say happy birthday, and give me some stale, 8yr old, nasty -looking cupcake.

LIKE COME ON MAN.

Then I also have to share my Birthday with my mother's death day. I don't remember much about her, she gave me a necklace that had a blue crystal in it. my father told me that she always said it will always help me find my way home. But I lost the necklace. My birthday just brings back too many bad memories I would like to forget. I don't want to get out of bed. I just want to cry and eat ice cream or just do nothing.

Ohh look at me I'm sixteen. Sixteen years without a mom, twelve years without a present father, and my first birth without experiments. I put a pillow over my face. As much as I want to skip this day, other people had other plans.

Tony opened the door and walked. I can tell by the way he walks.

"Good morning Y-" I sat up swiftly, letting my eyes glow bright signaling him to get out. "I will come back later"

He states slowly backing out of the door, closing it. I lay back down and put the pillow back over my face.

About 10 minutes later Nat and Clint walked into my room. "Okay, sunshine it's time to get up" "it's like almost 9:00 am you never sleep in this la-"

Once again I sit up letting the power course throw my body. I just want them to leave me alone. With my eyes glowing I look at both of them tilting my head slightly and say using my real voice.

"Get....out" Natasha's face looks surprised, as things begin to float around the room her eyes widened, Clint doesn't look phased by my outburst, they both walk out and close the door. I feel kinda bad for flashing my eyes at them. I lay back down with tears in my eyes. I just want this day to be over.

Team's POV

Tony walks out of Y/n's room confused and a little concerned she has never flashed her eyes at him. He walks to the elevator and presses the button to the temporary common room. The doors open and he walks out.

"Jarvis call a team meeting everyone but Y/n"

"Okay sir does that include Mr.Loki sir."

"Yea, maybe he can help. Thanks J." he states while thinking. Tony walks and sits on the couch. Soon enough the entire team including Loki walks out of the elevator. They walk over to the many couches and sit.

"Tony I would like to know why you called a meeting and why not in the meeting rooms?" Cap asks while walking to sit in one of the chairs

"It's Y/n" "and what's wrong with her," Nat asked but sounded more like a demand.

"No one thinks it's weird that she missed training and that it's almost 9am and she is still in bed." Everyone shared worried expressions except Loki who had a book in his face but was listening to their conversation.

"That does seem a little off for Lady Y/n"

"I went to wake her up but she sat up and flashed her eyes at me."

"Okay so she is in a mood," Sam states

"No, something seems off, JARVIS, ask detector Fury to send me Y/n's file." "yes Sir"

Clint and Natasha shared a worried expression and almost as if they read each other's mind Natasha began to speak.

"Me and Clint are going to go to her room and see what's going on" with that said they both stand and head to the elevator.

As the doors close Nat steps forward to push the button to their floor. The doors open and they both walk out of the elevator to Y/n's room opening the door. Walking in, stopping inches from her bed.

"Okay sunshine time to get up" nat states in a loving tone

"It's like 9:00 am you have never slept this la-" Clint stops talking when he notices her slowly sitting up from the bed. With Y/N glowing eyes she looks at them feeling the power rush through her body as the heat rises within her she states in a low growl.

"Get....Out" as things began to float around the room Natsha looked at her shocked but Clint just stood there unfazed but on the inside there was a slightest bit of fear. They both walk out and close the door as Y/n lays back down.

They look at eachother with worried faces and speed walk to the elevator.

Stepping inside Clint presses the floor where the rest if the team is as the door closes.

"That is not like her, she has never flashed her eyes at you secse the first few weeks when I got here."

"Thanks for pointing out the obvious Barton '' Nat notes as she ponders onto why she is acting like this. Going through their past week of any signs of behavior changes. The doors open and they step out.

"Hate to say this but you are right Stark, she is acting off" Clint states as they walk off the elevator back to their previous seats. Loki looks up in interest with a hint of concern that Stark was right. But quickly recomposes himself and  goes back to his book.

"Good thing your back now Fury sent over her file"

He brings up a big screen that they all can see and he opens the file. Almost every thing on the file read classified.

"So this didn't really help much, everything is classified" Sam said while looking at the screen while going through it they came across her main file and head shot although everything was almost classified.

"What today's date" "June 20th I think" cap answers Tony's question. Tony eyes went big

"According to the file today is her birthday" Tony states surprised.

"She never said anything about a birthday" Thor says a bit to load.

Loki looks up from his book puzzled. He thinks about all the conversations he has shared with her and all the movies he has watched but never once has she said anything about her birthday. To be honest she has never really said anything about her past to any of the team

. Even Loki is confused about the scars he has seen on her ,every time he asks, she deflects from the question so he just stops asking.

"What sixteen year old hates their birthday" Clint says and the group fell silent.

That's when it hit him, her past she never talks about and neither her birthday. Something had to happen for her to be acting like this and that explains the scars. Loki marked his book and placed it on the table, swiftly standing up and walking to the elevator.

"Brother where are you going?" He didn't answer and just kept walking to the elevator.

"Reindeer games, what are you up to?" Tony asked, standing up. Loki just ignored him and rolled his eyes. The team stood up and followed Loki inside of the elevator.

On the way to the floor they continuously ask what is doing. The doors opened and Loki swiftly walked to her room and put his hand on the doorknob.

"Brother whatever is going through your mind, it is not a good idea" Thor said warning him Loki turned around to face the group that was standing behind him at the door.

"Loki as much as I do not like you, I don't want you getting hurt at least by her. She almost threw something at my head." Clint explained. With that said nat hit him in the head telling him to choose his words wisely.

"Reindeer games I could honestly care less about what you do. I'm all for you getting thrown in the wall better yet out of one of the windows. Or repeatedly thrown into the floor......again"  Natasha gave him a warning glare sending shivers down his spine.

"But you shouldn't go in there" he explains blankly, keeping his eyes on Nats' movements.

Ignoring everyone's attempt to warn him he opens the door and walks into the room feeling the change in the atmosphere, looking back he notices a small blue shimmer of light from around the door.

Remembering his mission he turns back around and speeds over to the bed stopping at the side of the bed.

"Okay, get up," Loki said while crossing his arms.

"I know you can hear me I can see your hearing aids"

"Umm Loki I don't think this is a good idea," Steve tells him. Loki grabs one of the pillows from under her head and hits her with it. Sitting up feeling every emotion and emotion that she can't describe. Looking at him with glowing eyes he smirks.

"Good, glad you're awake" out of the many approaches Loki could have taken, he chose violence. Well not for him manly just y/n, she stared at him as things in the room began to float behind her.

Tony tried entering the room but was pushed aback by the force field that was in place. Loki took a small step forward, flashing her eyes brighter than they were before giving him a warning to back off. He looked at her challenging her.

Before he knew it a pillow was flying at his head, noticing the object that was almost at his face he made a swift movement to the left moving out of the way allowing the pillow to hit the wall. Tilting his head looking at her surprised by the aim.

Another object was flying at him directly after the last, this time it was a shoe. Loki moved out of the way just in time only for the shoe to go flying towards the door.

"Stark I dont think it's a good idea for you to be that close" Thor says looking at the fly shoe stepping out of the way.

"That shoe is getting pretty close dont you think" sam states as he follows what Thors doing by stepping out of the way, the group followed by moving out the way all expert Stark

"I think im fi-" Tony was cut off when he took a hit to the left eye by the shoe, he grabbed his eye in pain and groaned as he stepped away from the door.

"Pepper's going to kill me. I hope you know that, when she asks why I have another black eye I'm going to blame it on you this time." He said loud enough for everyone to hear while groning walking up and down the hall. The team takes Tony to get him taken care of, believing Loki has this handled.

"Really" Loki states coldly as he catches a pen that y/n threw at him using her powers. Right behind the pin was the dagger he had gifted to her, catching moving swiftly to the side not get cut by the blade. He drops the blade as he walks forwards.

"That is enough"

He stops in front of her as she tries to punch him. Grabbing her wrist holding them tight enough to restrain her but not too tight to hurt her. Using her eye ice powers making her body cold to try and get him to release her.

Holding onto her wrists, as she keeps moving to try and loosen the grip, his hands begin to turn blue anywhere he is having skin to skin contact with her turns blue.

"Honestly love, did you really think that would hurt me?" he says as he watches his hands turn blue slightly exposing his frost giant form. Keeping eye contact continuously pulling against him so he would let her go.

"Just stop..... I'm trying to help, so let me." he says, focusing on her eyes taking a seat on the bed. The color in her eyes fades returning back to their original color. Done with fighting she looks down feeling hopeless and numb.

Trying to think of anything so she could just feel again. Loki lets go and looks at her, he thinks about what his mother would do in the situation and what she would tell him to do.

Taking her hand, pulling her into him and holding her. As she tried pushing him away not wanting to be touched. Pulling her closer, holding her tighter in the hug, most times it's not alway about what you want but more like what you need, and right now she needed this.

Giving up on fighting him she buries her head into his chest closing her eyes, feeling his heartbeat, feeling the rising and falling of his chest as he breathes. The feeling of his hands around her holding her, tight for the fear that she might leave.

Just sitting there forgetting about what today is letting someone in and seeing her vulnerable witch was hard. She wasn't crying, she was just sitting there.

After about five minutes in the hug, with her head buried in his chest she quietly says.

"Thank you" Loki nodded his head in response until he realized that she just talked to him. He looks down at her in disbelief "you just said something to me"she slightly looks up from wear she has made herself confiable.

"I also hit Stark with my shoe" they both began to silently laugh after she said that. Enjoy each other's company.

"So why do you hate your birthday?" he asked in a whisper, coming out of the hug sitting up, Sitting beside him she stares out the door.

"You don't have to speak, I understand sign language.....well thanks to you" he says as he glances at her. She was going to have to tell the team or someone about where she comes from. Fury knows but no one else. Taking a deep breath she begins to speak

"Last year, I wasn't an avenger, I didn't know anything about them, except that they were the villains. All my life that's all I have been told. But I didn't really believe it." she mubels as tears began to fill her eyes

"The past 12 years I spent my birthday begging torcherd hurt and broken just so they could build me the way they wanted me. I wasn't even born deaf, they caused that to happen to me, they gave me family so I could cope then snapched them away. They controlled me, I was their pupett, and I wasn't strong enough to fight them." she says as tears began to flow like rivers down her cheek.

He glanced down at her seeing how hurt she is.

"My mother died the day I was born, my father couldn't handle me, I don't know why so when I was about four he gave me away to my uncle who didn't make my life any easier. Didnt love me like his own, didn't save me when I needed him most,just left me for them to hurt me and he didn't care." Loki looked forward and hurt that anyone could ever treat her like that.

"So I learned not to trust people because when you need them most they will leave, and you can't do anything to stop it. So being quiet and not talking is what I thought was best."

Loki turned his body to face her, placing his fingers under her chin and lifting her head up so he could see her face. Taking the sleeve of his tunic and wiping her tears off her face.

"Darling you are not weak, and every scar tells a story of its own. I have seen you fight and I have seen you fall and get back up again. Losing your mother and father and the family you have known may have hurt you, but through all of that you have gained a family of... um misfits that love and will do whatever it takes to protect you. I don't know who did this to but I can tell you that anytime you are in trouble this team will do whatever it takes to bring you back home. They all care for you and so do I, so don't think you're alone in your fight."

"And honestly Love, your voice sounds beautiful" he said gazing into her eyes. Y/n begins letting out a little laugh and looks around the room, noticing the mess she made.

"It's a mess" she mumbled as she looked around.

"About that, get up we are going to the training room" he tells her while standing from the bed, she gives him a puzzle look. Looking down at her black long sleeve oversized t-shirt and shorts.

"I can wait for you to change, " he says, walking over to the chair and taking a seat. Rolling her eyes she gets out of bed and walks to her closet grabbing a long sleeve grey workout shirt and black leggings, putting it on not bothering with socks or shoes she walks out. Loki stands and they both walk out of her room closing the door.

Getting into the elevator and pressing the floor to the training rooms, she glances at Loki as the doors begin to close, feeling the elevator slightly jerk as it goes up to the training floor. Riding in a comfortable silence the elevator stops and the doors open. Walking out going to the end of the hall to the sparring room. Loki opens the doors and holds it for y/n to walk through then doing the same himself. Walking in stepping on the sparring mat she looks to loki.

"Today we will not be training, I will be trying my best to help you gain control over your abilities. Despite not having mine available to me, I have learned enough from my mother over the years, on control." he tells her, circling  her, folding her arms over her chest as she looks at him. From Asgrad and his studies on different beings and their different powers he should be able to help a little.

"Everyone has it, control I mean, it's just the matter of do you want to use it. What do you know about your powers, about what they mean and what you can do with them?" she looks at him, dropping her hands to her side, thinking about what she really knows.

"Okay name one of your powers" he says, stopping his circling and standing in front of her but having space in between each other.

"Ugh Cryokinesis" she says slightly stumbling on the words not being used to talking as much, Loki thinks and then begins to talk.

"Okay cryokinesis, You can create, shape, move, control, interact and manipulate ice. From what I have also seen you can manipulate the cold by reducing the kinetic energy of atoms using ice, if I am not mistaken" she looks at him a little confused but processing what he said because not all of it was a bunch of random science words put into one sentence.

"With this ability you can immediately turn your enemies into ice, freezing them to death by touching them or....... kissing" as she opens her mouth to protest he stops her.

"And before you ask I did see that, back to what I was saying. It can be voluntary, or involuntary which I am guessing in your case it's involuntary" he asked as she nodded her head and he continued.

"Because I can't get frostbite due to specific reasons, this is the first ability we will focus on, there are many things that this certain ability can do. So the whole reason we are here is to get control over all your abilities, so we will be practicing on a moving target" he says gesturing to himself, she looks at him, she has heard him say crazy thing but if she think what he is thinking this my be or one of the stupids plans she has ever heard him say. Shaking her head, refusing to go along with his plan.

Turning to walk out the door not being in the mood to deal with this asgardians stupidity, Loki rushes in front of her stopping her before she gets to the door, holding her shoulders slightly guiding her back to the middle of the floor, not letting her give up this easily.

"Nope we do not leave until you have some control" he told her firmly releasing his grip on her, backing away as her face gave him a warning that he would soon be thrown into a wall if he didn't move.

"Oh and don't worry about me getting hurt love....I hardly think you could, hurt me" he teased with a smirk on his face. Her face immediately changed from concern to determination accepting his challenge.

As her eyes begin to turn ice blue she lets out a breath of frost, focusing on her powers she begins to form a ball of ice in her hand. Throwing the ball of ice as her hands give off a cold fog, Loki swiftly but elegantly glides across the floor missing the hit of the ice but instead it hits the wall behind him.

Trying again but coming out with the same outcome, creating two balls of ice in her hands at once for rapid fire, but still missing. After about ten tries she places her hands on her knees catching her breath letting her eyes return to their normal eye color.

"Come on love your not even trying" looking up at him as he smirks Y/N stands having her eyes turn ice blue  as her hands give off a fog, lifting her leg up into the air placing it onto the the ground having the floor around her turn to ice, once Loki understands what's happening his face goes blank, not having enough time to move the floor under him becomes ice and he slips and falls.

Y/n smiles as Loki just lays there as his skin trunks blue and his eyes blood red. "I think I should have made rules" he says looking up at the ceiling,Y/N silently chuckles.

Stepping into the ice and gliding over to where the now blue Loki is lying, hovering over him so he can see her face she smiles, with a swift movement of her hand the ice vanishes and the floor returns to its original state just as her eyes fade back to their original color. Loki skin slowly trunks back to his asgardian form standing up looking at y/n who has a smug look on her face.

"Let's take a break, how about breakfast" he says walking to the door.

"As long as you're not cooking" she mumbles while catching up with him, as he holds the door for her he playfully rolls his eyes, doing the same for the next door they walk down the hall together to the elevator.

Stepping inside the elevator pushing the button to the temporary kitchen/common room. Riding the elevator in a comfortable silences as the doors open and they walk out, walking into the room the team was talking, more like whispering, conspiring on something, when Stark had looked up noticing her presents he sat back on the couch quickly clearing the holographic screen from off the table and the room fell dead silent.

Not even a comfortable one, Loki and you shared a puzzled look confused about what just happened, walking over to the couches slowly, Starks agitated pained face came into view, apparently the shoe had made itself know on Stark's face, by leaving a big bruise on his left eye, with a small cut that had about two stitches closing it up.

'Dang how hard did that shoe hit him' she thought to herself as she came and stood beside the couches with Loki looking around the room. Waiting for someone to say something, standing there confused because even the team is not this silent, especially Thor.

As sam let out a dye cough she began to notice what everyone is doing cap pretend to be reading a book, Thor is kissing the Mjolnir, Clints sitting back on the couch with his feet on the table twirling a drumstick, bruce randomly flipping pages threw a file with a pencil tucked behind his ear, Natsha sitting beside Clint polishing her gun that was hidden in the waistband of her pants, and Tony is just staring blankly at her with a hint of anger in his eyes as he picks up the ice pack from off the table and place it on his face.

She raises her hands to sign something but changes her mind, walking over to the kitchen getting a muffin that Steve most likely baked. With her back turned to the team Loki looks at them again wondering why they are acting like that, they went through so much to see what was wrong just to ignore her.

While looking at them he notices a change on how Tonys face softed, Nat stopped what she was doing with her gun and just stared at Y/N, fighting every urge to make sure she is okay,Cap put the book down that he was 'reading' only to find out he was holding it upside down. Thor put his hammer down and Bruce put the file down. They all looked around the room at each other sharing the same look.

Guilt.

Walking back to the group they quickly returned to what they were doing before she left, gurstering Loki to follow her, she began walking to the elevator. Loki trunks to follow her but looks over his shoulder only to his brother smile and wink at him.

'What are they up to, and if it is what i think it is this may not end well' he thinks as they both step on the elevator waiting for the doors to open on their floor. The doors opened and they walked into Y/n's room sitting on her bed.

"I wonder what that was about" y/n signed, taking a bite of her muffin.

"Metoo" Loki said pondering "what is that" he asked, staring at the muffin, placing her muffin down on her dresser she tries her best to explain.

"Tiny pancakes basically that were baked in the oven instead of a pan, with fruit in it" breaking it in half giving a peace to him he smelled it then took a bite smiling but quickly recomposing himself. "It's good"

Moving to sit against the headboard y/n grabs the remote and puts on a movie finding nemo. Loki moves to sit beside her while finishing her muffin. She pushes play and they enjoy the movie.

*******

After finishing finding nemo and finding dory someone knocks on the door. Y/n lifts her head from Loki's shoulder and looks at the door. Loki gets up off the bed and walks to the door, opening the door slightly to see who is at the door. Standing at the door was Thor, Tony, and Natasha. Loki closed the door and turned around to y/n who was trying to find another movie.

"I will be right back" she nodded her head to let him know she herded him, he opened the door and stepped out closing the door.

" We need a favor" Stark told Loki, Loki folded his arms over his chest and looked at him waiting for him to finish whatever he wanted to say. " Could you possibly get Lady y/n in a dress?" Thor asked his brother with pleading eyes. Loki's eyes widened when he heard Thor's request.

"She is not going to like that, and how am I supposed to do that with these on" he sated gustring to the bands on his wrist. Natasha shook her head "see Told you Tony this whole thing is a bad idea"

"Wait,wait,wait if you guys are planning what I think you are planning I am going to tell you, this may be a bad idea." loki said in a warning tone

"See even he agrees with me" she says to Tony

"Just get it done okay" Tony says in a low whisper so he is not heard by y/n from the other room. After saying that Tony and Thor began to walk back to the elevator waiting for Natasha.

"How is she doing" Natasha asked worried

"She is in a better mood than earlier today, maybe finally coming to terms that its her Birthday"

"Thank you Loki, for everything we haven't seen her this happy ever so, thank you" she turned around to leave but turned back around saying.

"Her dresses are in her closet" then walked to get in the elevator disappearing behind the metal doors. A small smile grew on Loki's face but quickly walked back into the room, closing the door behind him.

"Lets play a game" Y/n gave him confused look

"Are you feeling alright?" she asked, getting off the bed.

"No,no,no i'm fine darling just let's play dress up" he says more confidently this time. Y/n walked up to him reaching up placing a hand on his forehead making sure he's not running a fever, as if asgardians can get sick.

"I am completely well, no need to worry" he says kindly and removes her hand from his face. Not completely believing he is okay, she reluctantly leads him to her walk-in closet. She takes a seat in one of the chairs in the closet letting him look around.

After looking around and not finding any dresses but not wanting to seem suspicious which he already does he looks back at her. Knowing exactly what he is looking for she rolls her eyes and gets up, walking to the back of the closet moving clothes that are on the hagers to one side and reveals an area where her more elegant clothes are which are a lot especially with how Stark throws parties. But sense Y/N arrival he hasn't had a party yet but Nat still takes her dress shopping just in case. Y/n left Loki to look through the dresses and went back to sit in the chair.

Loki came back with a dress still in its bag, standing up taking the bag from him, wondering what he had chosen,choosing  a random hanger, and opened the bag. The dress was beautiful over all the top a midnight blue and the bottom reminded her of a starry night the only problem was.

" I am not wearing this" she says when she finally notices it is sleeveless. Loki looks at the dress.

"The dress looks amazing and I find nothing wrong with it." she shakes her head and begins zipping the bag up. Loki placed a hand on top of hers that was zipping the bag. She looks up at him in his eyes. "At least try it on" she rolls her eyes grabbing the dress from off the hanger and they both walk out of the closet. Y/n goes to the bathroom to change and Loki goes to sit on her bed and patiently wait for her to finish changing.

Finishing up tieing the scraps of the dress and seeing the scars on her arms in her reflection of the mirror she second-guesses this whole thing. As she begins to undo the dress and just change clothes she takes a hard look in the mirror, seeing the changes in herself and the confidence she has gained, the independence she has now. Even the team who has accepted her as their family no matter her scars or the lack of information they know about her they love her.

Each scar tells a story,a reminder of when people tried to break her down but failed. Sometimes the hardest thing to wear is your own skin but fails to realize that her skin can be easiest. Fails to realize that no one shames her for who she is, and what she looks like. Not by the color of her skin, or by the color of her eyes. But can't see that they love her for all the things she hates, all the things that make her. Her . Her scars are not just reminders of all the bad things that have happened to her, but reminders that she has won every time.

Without thinking she opens the door and walks out before she has the chance to second guess herself. Loki stands up from the bed and looks at her completely speechless, she smiles and he begins to walk up to her.

"You look.." he pauses, trying to remember how to speak and find words. "Beautiful" he says with a smile.

"Next is your hair" , turning around and walking to the bathroom, realizing that Loki is serious  about this, you open the drawer and pull out a hair brush. "Would you like some help" hearing him ask that her face goes blank. She managed a small laugh without beginning to offensive.

"No thank you" she said as she began to carefully brush out her hair, after finishing brushing her hair she quickly styled it the way she liked it and walked out of the bathroom to where loki was waiting. Loki stood up and complimented her again on how radiant she looks.

"If i am correct I believe this game goes both ways, so i believe it my turn to get dressed up." he says to her. She smiles and nods her head yes. "Shall we then" he asks, offering his arm to her. She takes his arm without a second thought and they walk to the next room over which is Loki's room. Opening his door and walking into his closet.

'This is going to be difficult' she thinks when she sees that his closet is mostly empty. Loki takes a seat and watches her look through his clothes.

After about 10 minutes of searching and trying to match clothes she finally has an outfit. A white dress shirt, a green silk neck tie,with a black jacket with a matching green hancershift in the jacket pocket, with black dress pants, and black shoes. Handing the clothes to him so he can change, they both walked out of the closet. Loki went to the bathroom to change and y/n sat on loki's neatly made bed waiting for him. After waiting and hearing him yell 'stupid midgardian clothes' as he strugeled, he was finally ready and presentable. Opening the door to the bathroom and walking out y/n stood up off the bed and smiled. She then cleared throat and walked up to him and gave the best curtsy she could in return Loki  gave her a bow and offered a hand to her.

As if it was staged, JARVIS interrupted what they were doing.

"Mis.saffire, Reindeergames, Mr.Stark would like to see you downstairs. He says it urgent" looking at each other loki walks to the door and opens it for her she walks out and waits for loki in the hall. As she picks up her dress so she won't trip they both walk down the hall to get to the elevator. Waiting for the doors to open she glances at Loki. "you look nice" "thank you" the doors opened  and they quickly walked through pushing the button to the floor. While anxiously waiting y/n began to wonder what is so important or urgent. The doors opened but the entire floor was pitch black, looking at each other with a worried look, giving off a soft blue glow from her hands so they could see, they both slowly walked out together.

Feeling the vibration of someone running across the room, y/n steps in front of loki with a hand out. "I can protect myself." y/n steps aside and lets Loki take the lead, knowing exactly what's coming up,letting out a small squeal as he walks into a table and falls onto the ground. Walking up to him and squatting down to his ear and wipers. "Yea you're doing great on your own." while Loki was standing up the sound of glass breaking echoed off the walls, it could have been a glass cup from the bar or one of the glass tables.

As they both hurried to the end of the hallway to walk into the room. Letting both of her hands and her eyes turn bright sapphire blue they both walk in. Not even taking to steps into the room the lights turn on and they are all standing there. "SURPRISE" they say in unison together. Looking down at the dress and then at Loki who is pinching the bride of his nose. they threw a surprise party for my birthday, i have treated them like crap and they did this she thought as tears began to fill up in her eyes.

"I told you, Stark this was a stuipd-" Fury was cut off mid sentences by y/n speaking to them.

"Thank you" , the team face went blank when they heard her speak, it was rare when they could hear her speak and it makes them happy every time she does knowing that she is trusting them more and more.

"Well my bad Stark but can't blame us for not believing that this plan was completely stupid"  Furys say as he placed a hand on tony shoulder. Shaking his hand off and walking away, "well not everyone believed it was a stupid idea" he says turning to the team. "Right" the room fell silent while everyone found the floor and the ceiling a lot more interesting than they ever had been before.

"To speak for the rest of the team everyone thought it was a stupid idea, shell head and we all are very suprised that your plan actuly worked becuse and we all knew you had no plane B" loki said without a care in the world. With everyone agreeing Stark walked away to go pour himself a drink.

After everyone hugged y/n Fury pulled her out to the hall to have a private conversation. "So do they know yet, because they asked for your file earlier today?" he asked, folding his hands over his chest.

"That depends on what you're implying" she signed in response.

"Do they know about hydra, about how you got all those scars?" he asked, gesturing to the scars. "No they don't, i will tell them when i am ready"

"And when will that be? You have been here for almost three months now, and they know nothing, does any of them know anything" he whispers.

"Yes actually someone knows a little bit" she signs "and who knows"

"Loki" she signed confidently.

"So you're telling me you trusted a murderous psychopath that tried to take over the world but failed and is now wearing power limiting bracelets and under house arrest in efforts to try and help a man that I personally hate, turn over a new leaf and possibly become a member of the avengers? Is that corrects , is that what you just signed to me"

"Well I didn't sign all that but yes, but he doest know it was hydra. The only thing I told him is why I hate my birthday and a little about my father" she signed, looking at him. Fury mentaly face palms himself.

"This man has been here for about 2 weeks maybe 3 and you have told him more about yourself than the avengers, I am not mad at you, i am glad you are becoming more trusting and you are starting to talk to people. But just please tell them soon before they find out the wrong way."

Fury says as kindly as he can. Y/n goes in for a hug and fury gladly accepts it. Before joining the avenger and after they rescued her she spent about a month and a half at shield but mainly with fury.

"You know the last time I trusted someone I lost an eye"he says, still hugging her. As she pulls away from the hug she smiles, "well it's good to know you're risking your last eye for me"

Walking back to the small party that Tony threw,that was just the team and Fury. y/n walked over to the couch and sat beside loki and Fury went to the bar.

"I know what you did" she whispered in his ear, he looked down at her. "Thank you" she says as she rest head on his shoulder.

Interrupting their moment, Clint and Natsha walked over and sat on the couch in front of y/n and loki."aww look at the two love birds" Clint said while taking a seat, y/n sat up and when she heard him say that."we are not dating"

"hun then i would advise you stop acting like it" Natasha said smiling

"So how did you get her in a dress?" Clint asked Loki while taking a sip of his drink. Loki looked down at y/n who was smirking, "umm i have my ways" he said mischievously. 

"How did you get her in one with no sleeves" "that was a bit of a struggle" he said clearing his throat.

Tony walked over to the group with a drink in his hand and sat down. "Okay who's up for a game of truth dare" Tony asks the group. Hearing Tony say that the rest of the team began to take a seat.

"I will go first, y/n" Clint says, turning his head towards her,she looks at him and rolls her eyes.

"Truth or dare" he ask "truth"

"Do you have a crush?" y/n looks at him blankly

"with whom, the only place i have ever been is the tower and i don't like anyone here.At Least like that" she signs back

"Tony truth or dare" sam ask trying to get the game going "truth" "how much money do you have" he said smiling

"12.4 billion right now.... But whos counting" he states taking a sip of his drink

"apparently you" Clint says under his breath

"Okay Clint truth or dare" Natsha asked "dare i guess"

"I dare you to let someone of your choosing, use your bow to shoot a piece of fruit off your head" Clint looks around the room but quickly becomes a little concerned.

"can I change it to truth" "No" natasha says blankly

"Fine y/n, maybe at the end of this I won't end up looking like Fury and still have both eyes" he mumbled while getting up handing his bow to y/n.reaching his hand under the table he pulls out an arrow and hands it to her.

She gets up thinking this is a bad idea, meeting Clint in the clear area of the room, getting an apple from the kitchen and placing it on his head.

"Could you try your best and aim for the apple" rolling her eyes at his comment she gets into a stance. The team all gets up and gathers around but watches from a distance so they don't get hit.

As she positioned her fingers, she began to draw back the arrow, positioning her hand slightly under her chin. Using her dominant eye she looked down the arrow and aligned it with the target or in this case the apple on Clint's head. Taking a deep breath in and out Clint shuts his eyes.Relaxing her grip on the string and allowing her fingers to slip backwards.

After shooting the arrow she kept her stance. Watching the arrow fly across the room and hit the apple right in the middle, and fall to the floor, the team cheers and walks back to their seats. Clint grabs the apple and the arrow from off the floor to meet the rest of the team back at the couches.

" Where did you learn to shoot a bow like that?" Fury choked on his drink after hearing that.

"Self-taught" she signed back confidently, Loki looked at her weirdly from beside her on the couch, he could probably tell she was lying. " so this game just become dangerous out of nowhere" Sam says

"Well moving on truth or dare Fury"steve says "i'm not playing" he responds quickly

"Brother truth or-" loki glance at thor cuts him off mid sentence
"Bruce truth or dare" Thor says quickly changing glances. "Truth I guess"

"Do you Fancy anyone?" Bruce's face turns a bright red as he scratches his neck trying to find the right words. "Well I guess that answers that question" Thor says, taking a swing of his drink.

"Okay I think it's time for a small gift that I have" Tony says getting up and walking to the bar, reaching down under the counter he pulls out a box that's wrapped up and has a blue bow tied around it. Walking back to the group and handing the box to y/n, he smiles and takes his seat.

Not completely used to this kind of attention on her birthday and never having been given a gift it takes a minute for her to figure out what to say. "You really didn't have to get me anything" she signs

"Calm down it's from the team, and Pepper because I couldn't figure out how to tie the bow up there" she smiles at his comment and carefully unties the bow and opens the box. Inside the box there was another box that had the Stark industries logo on it. Opening the box she sees what's inside the box: it's a phone. "Thank you" she signs.

"Honestly that gift was long overdue," Sam says, glancing back at Tony.

******

After cake and saying goodnight Loki walks y/n back to her room. Walking into the elevator they ride in a comfortable  silence. The doors slide open and they both walk out, walking her to her bedroom door she turns and looks up at him.

"Thank you loki, you didn't have to do what you did today but you did" she says with a smile on her face.

"Well it was my pleasure darling, but i think you should get to bed before Lady Natasha comes for us both" He says as he opens the door to her room for her. She walks into her room and turns to face him. "Good night Lady Y/n" he says with a smile "good night Loki" she says returning the same smile. Loki begins to walk away as she closes the door, he glances back at her once more and smiles as the door closes completely. He walks to his room and closes the door.

She places her new phone still in the box on her nightstand. Untying her dress she lets it fall to the ground, picking it up and placing it back into its bag. Grabbing some pajamas and putting them on, she walks and turns off her lights and gets into bed. Getting comfortable she gets ready to drift off to sleep.

Early this morning she was ready for this day to end, not ready to dwell on the past. This day was always the hardest day of the year for her. The biggest thing she didn't realize is that as much as she feels alone she has a family that won't let her dwell in her own sorrow. That they won't let her give up before the day even started.

As she thinks over what happened today she remembers everything. How Loki distracted her to help her forget about the emotional pain. How the team secretly threw a party for her. How Stark got her a gift. How she got to watch Loki's face light up after eating a muffin. How today has been the most she has laughed in a very long time. How the day didn't end in test and more scares, how she told someone a little about her past. How Fury is still looking out for her even though they no longer live in the same building. How she got to shoot an apple off Clint's head, she got to watch Loki taste cake for the first time. How today is the most confident she has felt ever, that she is no longer under mind control of Hydra and that she can make her own decisions. That she not only just has a team she has family, that will stick with her no matter what.

As she closes her eyes she lets her memories of today replay in her head, as darkness consumed her and she drifted off to sleep.

Word count: 8341

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 31.1K 27
(Book one) When Anna Smith enrolled in the army, she was best friends with Bucky Barnes and Steve Rogers. She left them to follow a dream of becoming...
90K 1.9K 42
"Why won't you go and talk to her buck?" "Because if I go in there and she tries to kill me... I'm not going to stop her" ~~~~~~~~~ Your found by t...
77.9K 2.1K 50
As a HYDRA experiment you can't seem to feel anything anymore until you meet the tall dark haired man he's sour at first but sweet comes eventually t...
2.7K 74 14
You were one of the best detectives until one day you happened to meet a Hydra member. Ever since that day, nothing has been the same. You have been...