His Angel | Alec Lightwood

By LilyPotterr69

"Love conquers all, in the end" More

-
PANDEMONIUM
CLARY FRAY
[ D O T ]
[ C I T Y O F B O N E S ]
[ D E A D M A N S P A R T Y ]
[ D.M.P C O N T I N U E D ]
[ M A G N U S B A N E ]
[ R A I S I N G H E L L ]
C L A R Y ' S N E C K L A C E
T H O S E D A M N W O L V E S
F A M I L Y H O N O U R
T H E M O R T A L C U P
S I M O N
F O R E S A K E N
M E L I O R N
A M B U S H
A F T E R M A T H
[ P R E P E R A T I O N S ]
[ W E D D I N G B E L L S ]
[ V A L E N T I N E ]
[ D I S C O V E R Y ]
[ H O M E ]
Question
[ DEMON HUNT ]

[ B A B Y ]

11.1K 180 17
By LilyPotterr69

Alec

"It's all right Alec, all that matters is your back" Jace says before Aldertree pulls him to the door and escorts him out, along with three other clave members- without any questions asked. Typical.

"Lily" I hear Isabelle gasp as I see my wife fall limp in her arms, collapsing onto the ground.

"Whats wrong with her?" I shout, rushing over and gently laying her head on my lap, circling my thumb against her fair skin.

"Alec she's pregnant" Izzy tells me, failing to meet my eyes.

"What? You mean to tell me my wife has been to hell and back and has been carrying our child this entire time? Alone? Oh by the angel" I whisper, tears threatening to spill from my eyes.

"Magnus do something, please!" Izzy cries, clinging on to Lily so hard her fingertips turned white as snow, Magnus raced over and crouched next to her small frame- grazing his hands over her as violet light spilled from the tips of his fingers and blanketed my wife.

"She's lucky, a minute later and she would have lost the baby. They'll both be okay, but she needs rest, and a lot of it" Magnus explains as he collapses, tiredly, onto the sofa after what seems like hours of relentless trying to wake her up.

"Oh, baby" I mumble as I kneel down beside her, taking her small hand in mine, "I'm so sorry" I mumble under my breath, as the flood gates opened and I began to sob.

"For what?" I hear her groan, trying to sit up but being forced back down against my heavy weight above her.

"By the Angel, your awake" I crush her with my arms, shaking my hands around her waist and pulling her flush against my chest and resting my chin on top of her head.

"Why are you crying?" She teases, already returning to her normal self, giving me a small and tired smile.

"I love you so much you know that right? I've gone insane without you here. You're so beyond important to me and I need to know you understand that, I'll never let anything happen to you again Lily I swear it. I'm so sorry for letting that monster take you" I whisper, kissing her gently.

"Oh believe me I know you went insane Alec, Clary kindly filled me in. I want you to know that I don't blame you, neither you or anyone else for that matter could have prevented it, besides it wasn't all that bad, at least I wasn't alone, Jace made sure to protect me" I explain, as he breathed a sigh of relief.

"Yeah I suppose it's not as bad when you think of it like that, I'm just so glad you're okay, both of you. I don't know what I would have done if I lost you, our life together has barely even begun yet" I grumble, "but I guess that's about to change"

"Are you mad? I know we haven't talked about having a baby yet but I-"

"I'm so happy, and I mean that I swear to you. After losing you it made me realise I don't want to wait around, you never know what's going to happen and I never want to miss out with you again. Besides, I think you'll be an amazing mother." I smile, rubbing my thumb over the peak of her swollen belly.

"I missed you grumpy cat"

"I missed you more my love" I say as I pull her into my chest, "More than you'll ever know."

-

Lily

"Now, care to explain what's going on with you? How are you? Are you okay?" Izzy says marching into my room and pulling me into a bone crushing hug.

"Izzy!" I wince as I feel the air I so heavily relied on squeezed from my lungs, "I'm okay, really and as for the baby they're as healthy as can be. I promise!"

"I'm so glad Lil, you're so strong. I'm so proud of you for not crumbling, I know I would have. Did you know you were pregnant before you were taken?"

"Nope, I found out not longer after Jace and I were taken, I was so ill I thought he'd done something to me but turns out it was just this little guy" I smile, rubbing my stomach slightly.

"I'll kill that bastard" Alec growls at the mention of Valentine as I feel him tense up at my side.

"Not if I beat you to it" Izzy snarls, gosh I have to love them.

"Both of you are completely fine" Izzy says with a warm smile before pulling me into a bone crushing hug, "I'll leave you two to it, just wanted to see how you were, love you" she says before leaving to go see Magnus.

"Do you think I'm ready to be a dad?" My husband asks me while nervously playing with his knuckles.

"Alec Lightwood you are going the be the most amazing father to our baby and I know that for sure, I mean come on. You're the most loving and caring person alive, even if you can be suffocatingly protective at times that's exactly what I want for our children. I don't have a single doubt in you Alec, you're the only person I would ever deem perfect to be a father." I reassure him, taking his large hand in mine.

"Thank you, baby. You have no idea how badly I needed to hear that. I love you" he says before kissing my cheek and pulling me onto him, the pair of us drift into a deep slumber after he wrapped his arms around my frame protectively.

-

"How'd it go with Aldertree?" I ask Magnus as he makes his way over to Alec and I.

"Well, the man didn't disappoint. In his own charming, inimitable way he informed me that I will indeed be punished, but the form of punishment is yet to be decided"

"All for trying to save my life, so thank you" Alec said gratefully, patting the older warlocks shoulder.

"Yeah thank you Magnus, you have no idea how thankful I am for everything you've done for us. You're amazing" I grin, hugging him tightly.

"Thank you for not dying on me" Magnus joked, "And you don't have to thank me biscuit, you're my family and I'll do anything for family. How's Jace?"

"He won't be gone long. Once his hand touches the soul sword the truth will come out and prove that he's never been on Valentines side. How anyone can believe that is astounding, he hates the man even more than I do."

"Hey Alec, Lily demon briefing in the ops centre, all hands on deck" Raj butts in, before running on ahead.

"My dear Raj, you look well" Magnus smirks, proud of himself for taking him out previously.

"Thank you again Magnus" I say, hugging him before Alec and I head to the ops centre.

"Demon attack downtown, one mundane dead" I explain to a confused Clary as we stand beside her, waiting for Aldertree to start speaking.

"And since we don't have Jace you're with us" Alec explains with a pained expression, almost looking constipated.

"Wait you want me on your team?" She gasps as Iz and I share a knowing smirk, I think Alec and Clary are on their way to becoming civil, at least for the sake of the rest of us.

"It's not my first choice but we're a man down and everyone else is on patrol. Gear up" Alec snaps.

Welp it was a nice thought.

-

"Well this is one nasty demon, punched a hole right through his chest" Izzy says while examining the mangled body, covered in wounds.

"With that kind of strength I doubt it's done yet" I say as Luke nods in agreement.

"Nothing in the immediate area" Alec says, standing behind me, resting his large hand on my lower back.

"We're taking the body back to the institute, I'll run some tests to see what kind of demon we're dealing with" Izzy explains to Luke before promising to update him on the situation at hand.

"Lily and I will widen the perimeter" My husband says, before dragging me away.

"Clary your with us" I say before he leaves her here alone.

"Most important thing, don't slow us down" Alec says to Clary as we walk, "You slow us down you get us all killed, don't put my wife or babies life in danger." He growls lowly.

"Alec" I groan, already feeling his protective side come out to play.

"Sounds reasonable" she says as Alec grabs her hand and draws a rune, allowing her to see the demons heat signature.

"Woah" she gasps.

"First time can be sensory overload. The trick is to focus. Try to filter out everything unimportant, hone in on the heat signature" I say.

"Yeah I'm honing, I'm just not see anything" She sighs, stomping her foot against the concrete.

"Patience" Alec snaps, "Nothings easy, this is the shadow world."

"Easy for you to say! For someone who hasn't been training her whole life this stuff is impossible"

"Impossible just means try again" I smirk.

"What? You get that out of a fortune cookie or something?" The taller redhead laughs.

"Not that you'll have to worry about all that, you'll be out of the field soon enough" Alec says to her, "You're going to Idris."

"Wow news travels fast" she mumbles, "but I haven't decided yet, so don't get too excited about throwing me a going away party."

"Honestly I think you'll like Idris. It's amazing" I say with a genuine smile, "It's surreal, nothing like you could ever imagine."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah" Alec says.

"Bet it would be pretty amazing to get me out of your hair, huh?" She asks Alec.

"I didn't say that, you did"

-

"Alec..." I trail off as I pick up on something near an alleyway.

"Stay behind me" he whispers as we cautiously make our way into the alley, one slow step at a time.

Clary, Alec and I draw our blades as we hear movement from behind on of the bins, inching closer to it by the second.

"Crap" I mutter as I notice a shocked girl whimpering behind it, covered in blood.

"What happened? Who are you?" She gasps.

"It's okay we're here to help" I smile warmly as I kneel beside the young girl, she only looks old enough to be a teenager.

"It's classic possession hangover, once the demon leaves the body they have no memory of what they did" I hear Alec explain to Clary.

"Is this blood?" The girl cries out while violently waving her hands in the air.

"Just try and keep calm for me okay?" I say gently, "Don't look at your hand, just look at me" I say, gently pushing her chin upwards until she hesitantly meets my eyes.

"I don't understand. What's going on?" She cry's.

"I know nothing makes sense right now but I'm gonna help you okay? I promise."

-

"Oh my god welkie!" Clary gasps as we run to the ops centre.

"What happened?"

"Classic possession hangover" I mumble.

"Hole punched right through his chest" Lucas says walking over to us.

"Just like our mundane in the morgue" Izzy sighs.

"The demons in the institute" Alec growls, nearing closer to me at the revelation.

"Activate emergency surveillance, Victors unreachable. I've ordered the institute be put on quarantine until we kill this thing" Lucas explains as we all head to gear up.

"But I don't get it, how did the demon get past the wards?" Clary asks.

"Same way it got in without setting off this" Izzy says while running her thumb over her enchanted ruby, "it must have some advanced cloaking ability. It hid in that dead body and let us do the rest"

"I didn't know demons could do that"

"Until now, they couldn't" I say.

"This new form of possession, cloaking ability, targeting the institute, its..." Alec trails off.

"Valentine. His experiments" I finish for him.

"My mom told me how he was determined to create a super being that could defeat the clave, that's what he tried to do with Jace" Clary explains.

"Both victims had damage to the prefrontal cortex. The demon must be feeding on negative emotions. Anger, hate, rage" I tell everyone.

"Causing the host to violently act on those urges" Izzy adds in agreement.

"So we continue to scan for venom and heat signatures. Try and narrow down the host before it strikes again" Alec says.

"Alec, Lily you check the living quarters. You two check the tunnels" Lucas says to Clary and Izzy, "Raj your with me."

"Hey" Alec says before turning me to face him, "if this gets ugly, if anything happens you leave okay? I want you and the baby to be okay no matter what happens, promise me you'll be safe?"

"I promise I'll be safe but I'm not going to leave you alone Alec we're in this together, good or bad" I sigh as he pulls me into a hug.

Well here goes nothing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 45 21
Second part to the malec one shots...
2.9K 73 12
- ๐‚๐Ž๐Œ๐๐‹๐ˆ๐‚๐€๐“๐„๐ƒ ๐‘Ž ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘š๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ๐‘ก๐‘Ž๐‘™ ๐‘–๐‘›๐‘ ๐‘ก๐‘Ÿ๐‘ข๐‘š๐‘’๐‘›๐‘ก๐‘  ๐‘ ๐‘ก๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ๐‘ฆ ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ฌ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ข๐ฌ ๐œ๐จ๐ฆ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐ข๐œ๐š๐ญ๐ž๐ ๐๐จ๐ž๐ฌ ๐ง๏ฟฝ...
10.4K 22 11
๐€๐Œ๐Ž๐‘ ๐•๐„๐‘๐”๐’ ๐๐”๐Œ๐๐”๐€๐Œ ๐Œ๐Ž๐‘๐ˆ๐“๐”๐‘ ๐’ฏ๐“‡๐“Š๐‘’ ๐“๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“‹๐‘’๐“‡ ๐’น๐’พ๐‘’๐“ˆ โžฐ ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐Œ๐Ž๐‘๐“๐€๐‹ ๐ˆ๐๐’๐“๐‘๐”๐Œ๐„๐๐“๐’: ๐‚๐ˆ๐“๐˜ ๐Ž๐… ๏ฟฝ...
39.8K 1.6K 26
แด›สœแด‡ ๊œฐแด‡แด‡สŸษชษดษข แด๊œฐ ส™แด‡ษชษดษข แด›แด€ษดษขสŸแด‡แด… แดœแด˜ แดกษชแด›สœ ๊œฑแดแดแด‡แดษดแด‡'๊œฑ ๊œฑแดแดœสŸ สœแด€แด… ษดแด‡แด แด‡ส€ ๊œฐแด‡สŸแด› ส™แด‡แด›แด›แด‡ส€. สŸษชแดขแดขษชแด‡ แด€ษดแด… แด„สŸแด€ส€ส สŸแด๊œฑแด› แด›สœแด‡ แดษดสŸส ๊œฐแด€แดษชสŸส แด›สœแด‡ส สœแด€แด… สŸแด‡๊œฐแด› แด€ษดแด… ษชแด› แดกแด€๊œฑ แด›สœแด‡ษชส€ ส€แด‡๊œฑแด˜แด...