Miraculous: Game Over

By llailac

"Marinette..." Adrien cupped her face, before pulling her in. They couldn't get enough of each other. A bur... More

LEVEL TWO: HOME BASE
LEVEL THREE: BACKSTORY; VERSION 0.1
LEVEL FOUR: PLAYER STATS

LEVEL ONE: GAME START

73 6 7
By llailac

(Author's Note(A/N): THANK YOU ALL FOR READING!!! I HOPE YOU ENJOY! 

THE FIRST SCENE IS SLOW SO STICK W ME GUYS- I PROMISE THE END IS WORTH IT)

Rᴇᴀᴅʏ Tᴏ Sᴛᴀʀᴛ Rᴇᴀᴅɪɴɢ?

Yᴇs      No

                                                                  ^

----------------

"Marinette..." Adrien cupped her face, before pulling her in. They couldn't get enough of each other. A burning sensation filled her body. There foreheads rested close to each other as he brushed his lips against hers. She smiled to herself. She never thought that something like this could happen to her. Adrien opened his eyes and smiled down at her, he was sorry for what was about to happen next...

 -THREE MONTHS BEFOREHAND-

She stood up, her eyelids feeling heavy, fresh bruises scalding all over her arms.

The rickety platform lurched under her weight, metal against metal; she shuffled forward.

She was in-in some kind of mineshaft-

No... no... that wasn't right.

A harsh buzzing sound filled the tiny capsule. It was like an old computer trying to start up-

'Like an old computer...'

Electronics-

She was in an elevator.

Sinking to the floor, she pulled her legs towards her body, cradling herself. The girl was too scared to move. The rusted elevator swayed back and forth, making her stomach churn in discomfort.

It looked like it hadn't been used in a long time- a very long time. As the contraption ascended upwards, every jolt made her jump. The pulley, threatening to snap the higher they got.

How did she get here?

The last thing she could remember was-

The elevator shook violently again- a whimper escaped her mouth in surprise as her back struck hard against the metal wall. She winced at the impact, holding herself in her arms even tighter.

Goosebumps were sent down the girl's spine when she heard a distant voice. It was too static right now, but she knew that wherever she was, she was underground.

A solemn ding came from the elevators and the doors slowly squeezed open.

Cautiously, the girl peered up at the figure above.

"Finally, we meet." A voice whispered.

She felt two strong arms wrap around her body as her weight lifted off the ground. The girl opened her mouth but she couldn't speak- it was like- it was like somehow she was muted, like you would do to a tv with a remote.

It was something she didn't quite know how to explain...

She just didn't

She didn't feel in control.

The thoughts were interrupted by a bang from above. They weren't alone in here.

Hesitantly, she wrapped her arms tighter around the figure. She didn't know who he was but she could tell by the youthfulness in his voice that he was around her age, eighteen.

The boy glanced down at her, for what it felt like a long time. Feeling his eyes, she shifted a bit, so all she could see were his golden tan arms. She didn't like the extra attention. Especially in all of this confusion.

Snapping back to reality now, the boy gripped her with his hands to make sure he had her secure in his arms while he was sprinting through the corridors.

The girl jumped at his voice again, there was something raspy and urgent about it... But there was also something familiar about it.

"One more left, turn the corner, hallway, hallway, and breakthrough."

He kept whispering that to himself. Maybe as motivation, or so he wouldn't forget directions?

But directions to what?

The girl could tell, as soon as he went down a red corridor on the left hand side that he was taking her somewhere.

And you may be asking yourselves: "Why the fuck is the girl acting this calm- or really not reacting at all- but just observing? She just came from an elevator with no memory and is being practically kidnapped by a boy who we don't know! BECAUSE FOR SOME REASON YOU WON'T NAME THE CHARACTERS YET- What the fuck kinda miraculous fanfic is this! Some shit author-"

You are probably thinking all of those things by now. I can assure you three things:

Yes, I am a shit author who is on miraculous brain rot

Yes, this is a miraculous fanfic, so just hang in there

And- on the inside the girl-(and yes we are still not naming the characters but I think you have a pretty good idea of who this is)- the girl is dying on the inside.

Ever since the elevator, she had felt like a cold lifeless corpse.

Paralyzed.

A fragile frame of a soul.

As soon as she got out of that god forsaken elevator, it was like more and more of her senses and natural instincts dissolved.

It was like she was decaying.

All her body would allow her to do was look forward, just forward, and forward.

Staring at a cracked marble floor, black roaches began to scurry across the floor. They heard a pound from above. She wanted to feel disgusted.

Wanted.

But she couldn't feel anything.

She wanted him to put her down, she wanted to identify whoever "him" was. She wanted to show some type of emotion, but nothing came out.

It was as if an invisible rope was restraining her, tying her down and deleting the actions she wanted to do like a virus with data.

She wanted to scream and cry in confusion. She wanted to run fast like the boy holding her was doing.

Her thoughts though, were interrupted by a roar behind them.

That's why the boy was running so fast.

They were running from something.

The boy stopped briefly, catching his breath and looking behind them, before pulling her tighter to his body and continuing to run.

The boy's speed picked up, her spine shivered as she felt him breath down on her. He had been carrying her bridal style and sprinting for some time now. She heard a metal clang on the floor- she wondered what that could've been. But his breath and voice masked any thought of it.

Now, she could tell that they were close to their destination. His breath faltered as he let one of his hands free, while the other clung tighter to the girl's body.

A small warmth filled the girl's body. A ray of sunlight shone on her through the mythical, stained glass windows.

To the girl's surprise, she felt her head could move, she began to move looking around them.

It was an abandoned temple.

The stained glass colors cut story frames of the bloody wars between the gods long ago.

The boy set her down gently on the back of a stained eggshell wall. As he tried to jab open an electric blue door presented in front of them.

For the first time since she had gotten there, wherever 'there' was she felt her fingers and toes wiggle. Her eyes flashed, her legs wobbling, getting support from the wall.

That's when she saw it. A girl in the stained glass. Made of red silk robes, with flowing black hair. The opalescent goddess's cheek being cupped by a shaggy-looking boy with tan skin and messy black hair.

A memory flashed through the back of her head. The tales her Mama used to tell her as a kid-

And then she knew.

She knew why she was here. And she knew exactly who the boy next to her was.

A "BOOM" came from around the corner making her jump.

There was still something in there with them that was drawing closer.

The boy pushed against the door again. Putting his hands on his knees he desperately tried to catch his breath.

"Shit, shit, shit-" he muttered under his breath, now completely oblivious to the girl in front of him.

"I must've dropped it-"

The wind whistled through the corridor, the skin on both teens pulling outwards.

The look on the boy's face was disbelief. The kind of look that a person had when they felt betrayed. The look that back stabbers gave.

"No it wasn't supposed to be like this." He whispered even quieter trying the door, more aggressively this time.

Behind them a Black Plague of smoke roared through the hallway.

Paralyzed, once more, the girl sank back down to the floor, not knowing what to do anymore. Blind black tentacles swarmed the floor and above. The dark puddle casting its shade covering the sacred windows.

"There has to be a button or key that will open the door somewhere!" she whispered to herself. But she couldn't bring herself to look for it.

The sight in front of her was so horrific.

It was just- the best way she could explain it was- an abyss of death-

The boy wasn't doing any better. They were at a dead end, and whatever that smoke was, it definitely wasn't an ally to his cause.

"C'mon-c'mon!" His voice cracked with anguish, using his body as a battering ram to try and get the door open.

Both teens' hands frantically jabbed against the door in an attempt to open it.

Nothing.

The thing was too close now to try anything or run away now.

The smell of rotten flesh rose up their noses, a feeling of emptiness beginning to fill their chests. Their eyes stung to the point they were both writhing in agony, dropping to the ground like dead flies. They could feel the skin inch off the backs of their necks, feeling faint.

His eyes squeezed shut and so did hers.

They weren't going to make it.

The air wilted like a dead rose, and an echo of screams coming from the abyss, stabbed through their ear drums.

It was circling them faster and faster. Slowly, they felt their breaths slip away. Having to gasp up for air.

They felt weak. Their breaths are fading. Their bodies are weakening. Eyes closing-

They were consumed by the darkness.

And then suddenly not.

The girl opened her eyes wide, gasping for air, covering her throat. The boy too awoke, having a coughing fit on the floor.

But just as quickly their breaths were taken away.

They looked up to see the black mound of smoke still towering over them.

The boy screamed and the girl whimpered scurrying across the floor.

Something was off though.

The abyss- It froze. It-it was frozen.

But how?

From their backs, they felt a tiny wind wash at their feet.

They looked to find the electric blue door open.

They looked between one another in an unspoken silence trying to see if the other one was the reason why they were safe.  

But then a cough came from a figure behind them.  

The pair jumped was startled once again.

And, once more, the girl whimpered, and the boy screamed.

They turned  around to see a girl, about their age, standing in front of them. Thin silver rings guarding her fingers, her hair, a raging pink blaze, her eyes glowing a rabid blue.

She smirked looking down at the pair.

The girl beside him began to smile tears in her eyes before laughing and clinging onto the silver ringed girl.

"ALIX!" She laughed.

The boy was startled, and managed to get up too. They knew each other...the girl he was with and this "so called Alix"... they knew each other... 

Meaning that they were part of the other- 

He jumped at the words. He had to find Lila. This wasn't a good start. A couple more false moves and his father would have him killed.

He took off and ran, from the two girls in front of him. Fuck. He had already wasted so much time.

He ran as fast as he could further and further away from the building.   Not before hearing the girl from the elevator's name.

"Marinette!"

'So that was her name.' He thought, 'Marinette...'

He clutched his chest.

If he spent one more second with her- he swore he just- he would've-

"Marinette..." Adrien cupped her face, before pulling her in. They couldn't get enough of each other. A burning sensation filled her body.There foreheads rested close to each other as he brushed his lips against hers. She smiled at herself. She never thought that something like this could happen to her. Adrien opened his eyes and smiled down at her, he was sorry for what was about to happen next... He was ashamed that he had actually fallen for her.  He also felt pity for her. She was so comfortable with him that she didn't even notice when he pulled out the knife behind his back-

He clutched his chest once more.

If he spent one more second with her- he would've-

...

He would've killed her.

-Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Oɴᴇ Cᴏᴍᴘʟᴇᴛᴇ?-

(Yes, dramatic pause was needed.)

(A/N: I KNOW THIS WAS SUPER WEIRD AND NO ONE HAS AN IDEA OF WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON BUT PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD BARE WITH ME HERE!)

(Also if you liked the story so far please vote, recommend, comment, etc. <3

YALL in the comments have no chill. That's why I love you. Again, I'm a shit author.)

Cᴏɴᴛɪɴᴜᴇ Rᴇᴀᴅɪɴɢ?

Yᴇs     No

^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

249K 7.4K 59
I could say this is one cliché story. A college girl died and transmigrated into an otome game she once played. Unfortunately she becomes the villain...
65.2K 6.3K 126
A story following a young hunter named Jay. He has grown up in a world where dungeons, monsters, and humans with leveling systems are a cultural norm...
1.2M 40K 59
Princess Nymeria is well aware that her kingdom is in decline. It has been for hundreds of years after all. Unlike her ancestors, she's willing to re...
257K 10.7K 26
စံကောင်းမွန် + တခေတ်ခွန်း ငယ်ငယ်ကခင်မင်ခဲ့တဲ့ဆက်ဆံရေးကနေအကြောင်းတစ်ခုကြောင့်စိတ်သဘောထားကွဲလွဲပြီး ပြန်တွေ့တဲ့အချိန်မှာသူဌေးနဲ့အလုပ်သမားဆက်ဆံရေးဖြစ်သွ...