Entangled Knot

By _manan__

They say that being grown-up means you have survived at least three disasters and one apocalypse. Quite often... More

Author's Note
Characters sketch
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Author note
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Author's Note
Chapter 19
Chapter 20

Chapter 14

2.1K 239 45
By _manan__

Manik's PoV

By six in the evening, I went to meet Dhruv at our usual spot. He came by six-thirty. "Heyy buddy, sorry yaar Alya had some issues at her fashion house so it took some time to clear those issues," told Dhruv. 

"Heyy no worries. Is everything okay now? "I asked him.

"Yeah, everything is fine now. Someone filed a case against their fashion house for selling low-quality products. So I had to go there to solve this issue. " explained Dhruv. 

"Ohh ... But Mukthi didn't inform me anything about that?" I said to him. 

"Yeah, she told me you didn't go home because of Nandini's accident and stayed at the hospital. You were already stressed with your work and hospital. So maybe she would have thought not to worry you further. But it's fine buddy I solved that.  It was a false accusation case. So nothing to worry about. And I forgot to ask this how is Nandini? " he asked me. 

"Yeah, she is better now.  She will return home within two or three days. You told me you wanted to say something regarding nandini. What's that? " when he asked about her I remembered his call and asked him the information which he wanted to convey. 

When I asked about that he hesitated at first, "Woh ... Manik .... umm-"

"Say Dhruv what is that?"  I asked him. 

"Umm..nobody in Nandini's office knows about yours's and Nandini marriage, not even dad," Dhruv said. 

"Ohhhh...." I didn't know what to reply. 

"Manik you understand what I am saying right?" he asked in a questioning tone. 

"Yeah, buddy I understood that.  And I know the reason for that. " I told him. 

"What's that?" he asked. 

"I behaved like a jerk to her. So I think that will be the main reason and I once asked her to stay away from me and my family. " I explained to him. 

"What? When did it happen? "  he asked in a firm tone. 

From his voice, I guessed he was angry with me. "Few days after the marriage, Mishka's parents came to ask for forgiveness for her actions. Her father acted as if he didn't know anything about her relationship and dad too supported him that thing angered me. So I told about Mishka's relationship to everyone. And unexpectedly when I came out I saw Nandini and I lashed my anger on her. At that time I told her those things." I told him. 

"What the heck? Manik, are you serious?  Damit you shouted at her because of others.  She didn't do anything wrong man.  And anything happened after that?" he literally shouted. Then I explained to him about her activities. Her relationship with my family. 

"Man ... First I thought wrong about Nandini when I heard about her not informing about your relationship. But now I understand why she did that. You truly became a jerk. I didn't expect this from you. I know it's hard for you to accept this marriage but that doesn't mean you can behave like this to her. I don't get you, man. Then why the heck are staying at the hospital now? " he asked. 

"Because I feel guilty seeing her behaving like that," I told him frankly. 

"Like what? What do you mean by that? "  asked Dhruv. 

"I saw Nandini at her lowest stage. She was fighting over herself. She was in depression. You won't believe she was not even letting her parents near her. I have noticed this many times. She allowed her brother alone. And by seeing her like that I thought I was responsible for that. Even this morning I saw her having some nightmare but when I tried helping her she accepted at first but when she realized it was me she pushed me away from her. She told me I was the one who asked her to stay away from me. At that time I felt bad about myself. Before I only warned her to stay away from me. But now I regret using those words. "I expressed my true feelings to him.

"Manik I think you deserved that from her. You asked her to stay away from you then Suddenly you showed your caring side. Then she will react like that only. And you did wrong. You two were on the same boat after your marriage. She was also going through a tough phase. But you didn't realise that and lashed at her for nothing. You didn't hear her point of view not even for once. If you really care for her now she will think you're doing it out of pity. So just leave her alone for some time. And I thought of saying you about this at first. But now I think you will not have a single clue regarding this." he said.

"What's that? I inquired him.

"You know Nandini work with dad, right? He said she had her first case on the day of her accident. And she lost that one. Dad said Nandini prepared a lot for her first case but she didn't even speak a word at the trial." told Dhruv.

"What? She lost that case. I knew about that case. Recently bua came home. At that time Nandini didn't stay at home because of her work. You know about my bua right? As usual, she mocked her. At that time, I heard mom saying about this to bua. Even once I heard from mom that Nandini was coming home late because of her work. Then how it's possible?" I became clueless in this.

"Yeah, even dad said the same. He said she worked hard for that case. And one more thing when dad me these things I told him that you and Nandini is married. He was shocked when I said that. Then I explained the whole story to him. He said Nandini didn't tell him anything regarding this. Then only I got to know that she didn't disclose about her relationship. But then after your words, I understood everything." he said.

We both stood in silence for some time. Suddenly he asked "Is the accident and this related? Because dad said she looked kind of devasted. He also said she saw a man before going to the courtroom. She was normal until she saw him. But after that, she behaved strangely."

"Yeah, I too saw an unknown person at the hospital after her accident. But when Abhi came, he asked him to leave from there. Then I didn't saw him at the hospital. Maybe some relative or friend I guess. I will ask about this to Abhi."

"Fine. I wanna say one thing don't behave like a jerk again."

I tried to speak up in the middle, " It's not lik-"

Even before I could say my opinion he said, "I know you are not like that and did those out of anger but it's unfair you know. Think before you say something otherwise you will regret saying that in future."

We both talked for some time. Then he got a call from Alya regarding her fashion house issues. At that time I mentally noted to have a talk with Mukthi regarding this. Definitely, she will be stressed over this issue. "Manik sorry I have to go to their fashion house asap."

"Is everything okay?" I asked him.

"Yeah. I think there was some paperwork to be completed. So Alya called me to inform me regarding that. Tomorrow morning I have to submit those papers so I am leaving. Don't overthink, everything will get well soon. Are you going home or hospital after this?"

"I am going to the hospital. Right now Mom was there," I told him.

"Okay bye."Then he left. I stayed there for some more time. Talking about my feelings with him made me feel relieved. He was the one who stood with me even during my darkest hour. The one who reaches out to me when the darkest time arrives. He will be honest with me and tell me the truth even when it's uncomfortable and I might not want to hear it, but need to hear it stuff. I was the luckiest to have him in my life. He had been my friend, life Saviour, well-wisher, advisor and everything. I was feeling much better after talking with him. Then I sat there alone for few hours and left for the hospital.

When I entered the hospital I saw Mom sitting in the waiting area. I called her, "Hii Mom. Why are you still here? You didn't go for home till now."

"Finally you came. I was waiting for you. Navya said you left home before six. it's ten now. Where were all this time? Have you gone to the office? I asked you not to go to work right? Then why do you-" she asked in a sharp tone.

"Mom stop..stop...Relax and just take a chill pill I went to meet Dhruv. He said he wanted to see me in person so I went out to see him. I didn't do any work. Happy now?"

"Very much!!" She replied.

"And I asked you, Why are you still here?" I asked that once again.

"Ohh that. Today the driver went early so I asked cabir to pick me up. But he said he was busy with some work. So I asked Mukthi and she said she will come by nine. But till now she didn't come so I am waiting for her. She said she has some work to complete. She said she will come within five to ten minutes." told mom.

"Why is she coming? I will drop you, I am free now." I asked her.

"Manik no need for that. Mukthi is coming from her fashion house only and the hospital is on the way to home. So it's not a problem." answered mom.

When she said about Mukthi I remembered that issue and asked mom, "Mom did Mukthi informed you anything regarding her fashion house issues?"

"Yeah, she told me and your dad about that in the morning. She said it was some small issue but the client overreacted. She also told Dhruv helped them to solve that. I guess it's fine now. How do you know about this?" asked mom.

"Yes, everything is fine now. Dhruv told me about that." I told her. Then she got a call from Mukthi. Mom answered it and said "Okay manik I am leaving for home. Mukthi is waiting outside. Try to sleep for some time and don't drink too much coffee. It's not good for your health. Say the same to Abhi. Bye"

"Okay bye. Text me once you reach home. Good night." After that, she left.

Then few minutes after Abhi came out of Nandini's room. When he saw me there he smiled and sat beside me. "Is she fine now ?" I asked him.

" Yeah much better now. Her legs are a bit swollen due to falling down from the bed. Yesterday Did anything happened after I left ?"

I was startled at his question because I didn't expect that. "Umm...I kin-d of tried to h-elp her. But it didn't go well." I replied in a stammering way.

"ohh okay" he replied. I became curious and asked, "How do you know about that? Did Nandini told you?"

He smiled at my question and said, "She will never do that. I just guessed it seeing you both. And I knew about your relationship too. She didn't say anything to me regarding that. I just suspected it because I knew the situation in which the marriage happened. Already I told you, right? She wouldn't express her feelings to others. And that others include me too as I left her alone due to my work. Still, I don't know anything about your relationship but I just wanna say one thing to you. Maybe you both got tied in a different situation but at least try to have a mutual conversation. You both are behaving like strangers. And I know you both are stubborn heads and it will be difficult but I want to say this to you she is way more stubborn than you think." I just nodded my head.

I was a bit shocked at his words. Because from his words I understood that Nandini didn't say anything regarding our relationship with Abhi. But why is that? She neither talks with her parents nor with Abhi. Even her parents never visited her in the hospital. But I have seen Abhi talking with ragini aunty on the phone regarding Nandini's health. Is there any reason for that? But even before our marriage, I knew about Neil uncle family. They were not like this before. I have seen their bondings when we had a friendly dinner. They were like a happy family. But now it looks different. Questions flooded inside me, but I kept mum.
____________________________

Thanks you very much Aria_writes_98 for this amazing and beautiful cover ❤️❤️✨I loved it.🤗❤️

Thank you for reading ❤️✨
Please vote, share and comment.

I hope you guys liked the update. Please do share your views guys. And in the last update, I asked for your opinions regarding the changes. Most of you said it was good and need not be changed. Happy to hear that. Thank you for the support.💜💫

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

679K 25.9K 46
"I'm coming directly to the point. I'm not interested in this marriage. I'm only here because of the pressure from the elders. At the moment, I'm dat...
853K 63.3K 38
"He is a mystery. A mystery every guy wants to become And a mystery every girl wants to claim" _ How Bumping into Mr. Billionaire, changed her life...
40.6K 2.5K 19
" From the fragments of a broken start, destiny choreographs a symphony of arranged union with shared dreams and understanding, turning strangers int...
67.5K 4.3K 38
Manik-Nandini, Cabir-Navya were two couples madly in love with eachother. what will happen if destiny plays a cruel game on them and both the couples...