✓ CRUSH CULTURE [ranboo]

By beeduos

in which ranboo decides to raid saber, leading to a journey neither of them expected. More

crush culture
act one
O1.
O2.
O3.
O4.
O5.
O6.
O7.
O8.
O9.
1O.
11.
12.
act two
13.
14.
15.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
BONUS CHAPTER
BONUS CHAPTER 2

16.

6.7K 325 266
By beeduos

(🍂🧸🧺) crush culture
' what are you doing here? '
tw // panic attack
and if any of u call what saber
is typing 'pick me behaviour'
i'm muting u.

trust ring <3
four participants

saber
stop doing so much cool things
it's making me jealous. noah
you've literally been there five
days stop it.

saber
no but for real i'm happy you
guys r enjoying yourselves your
stream was fucking hilarious
earlier

saber
wait i just realised it's the middle
of the fuckin night for you oops
i'm so sorry

saber
i'm not really sorry lmao my
anxiety is Bad tn so i'm just 👍
spam texting. ha anxiety go brrr

saber
i'm tired tho but it's only 8pm
for me but

saber
oh my god it's 4am for you
guys and i'm bowing up your
phones oh no i'm sorry i'm
gonna go ah fuck sorry

ranboo
hey hey hey, sabe calm down
what's going on why are you so
anxious??

saber
i don't know i'm just really anxious
these days. maybe it's because ur
not here but i feel like i'm just
blaming it on that bcs i'm trying so
hard to block out the fact i'm
still getting death threats 👍 also
did i wake you up? i'm sorry if i
did i didn't mean to i'm sorry

ranboo
saber please call me, you didn't
wake me up, we just got done
watching movies and were about
to head to bed

saber
no no it's fine i don't need to call
you i'm going somewhere with
layla anyways so i'm not able to

tubbo
where are you going? can you not
just say home, you're too anxious
to go anywhere sabe

saber
no it's like this super important
thing for her school and idk why
we have to go at this time but we
do and since my parents are away
i have to take her

tommy
saber please go get some water
and put on some music, i can link
you a really good chill playlist if
you want? it normally helps me
when i'm anxious or stressed

saber
please do. i'm getting water
now

tommy
okay i linked you it on disc

saber
thank. u

ranboo
are you sure you can't phone
me for at least a couple minutes?

saber
i wish i could but layla is proper
rushing me out the house and i'll
need to come off my phone so
i'll text you guys later. please get
some rest asap, you guys need it

saber
i'm sorry for this btw you guys
shouldnt have to deal with me
being like this

tommy
please never apologise for this
sort of stuff, you were on the
brink of having a panic attack,
saber. we love you more than
you know and if this happens
again, please text us okay

saber
i appreciate you guys so much,
i'll talk to you later. thank you
&& i love u <3

ranboo
i'll text you as soon as i wake
up to check up on you okay?

saber
okay now go sleep

tubbo
goodnight saber :)

NOW SABER WASNT LYING WHEN HE said he was extremely anxious. he had just lied about why he was anxious. you see, he wasn't getting ready to take his little sister to something 'extremely important' for her school, he was, in fact, getting ready to head to the airport.

today was june 30th, and tomorrow at three in the morning he would be jetting off to the uk to surprise his boyfriend and his bestfriends. his legs shook with anticipation as he sat in the back of his car with his sister trying desperately to calm his nerves a little. "i know you've never been on a flight on your own before but i promise you'll be fine!"

he appreciated layla's efforts but nothing was able to distract his mind from the fact that he'd be flying ten hours to another country to see some of his closest friends. he had the playlist tommy had linked him playing through his airpods, which was indeed actually helping him a little in the situation he was currently in.

as the airport got closer and closer, saber began to feel a little more calm. he focussed on his parents conversation, they were reminiscing on all the times they had driven to the airport to go away on little getaways together, it was normally italy that they'd ended up. but of course, it was because that was where they first met. in some ways, saber used to envy his mums relationship. he always thought he'd never have something like them, but now he does and he couldn't be happier.

when they eventually arrived at the airport, his family walked him to security, where he'd be saying goodbye to saber for the next couple months. "i promise to text you everyday with little updates okay?" he reasoned as layla clung to his side, not wanting to let them go "and facetime me at least twice a week" she huffed and let go of her brother.

saber let out a breathy laugh and agreed. he then moved on to his mums, who stood with content smiles on their faces and tears pricking their eyes. "please don't cry, i'll be back before you know it!" he said as he pulled them both into a hug. he didn't want his parents to cry, because he knew it would set him off too.

saber soon got away from his family and headed through security and all the other boring airport stuff. as a seventeen year old, going on a flight to another country on your own can be extremely difficult and as saber sat down in his seat on the plane, it then hit him that he'd be sat between two strangers for the whole ten hours, and he really didn't like the sound of that.

he quickly got up from his seat when the aisle was clear and walked towards an air hostess. "hi excuse me, if there's any free seats that aren't between anybody when everyone's on the plane, do you mind if i move to one? it's just i'm flying on my own with major anxiety and i don't feel comfortable sitting between two people." he asked, he felt as though he'd overshared but it had to be done.

"yes of course, love, i'll put you up here so i can keep an eye on you is that alright?" the air hostess, emma, said and gestured to a vacant seat to sabers left. "thatll be perfect, thank you, do you mind if i go grab my backpack?" he asked and pointed over his shoulder briefly. emma nodded her head and let saber go do what he needed to do.

when he was finally sat comfortably in his seat in a row to himself, he took a few moments to do the breathing exercises his therapist had taught him a couple years back. he didn't pay attention to what the pilot was saying, he'd heard it too many times before and it made him even more anxious hearing it.

out of the corner of his eye, he saw emma approach him and point to the seat next to him silently asking if she could sit there for a moment. "i noticed you were stressed so i'm going to sit with you until we're properly in the sky, okay?" she said, which saber nearly cried at. no one, besides his parents and noah, had been so kind to him when it came to his anxiety and he was extremely thankful for all of them.

emma spoke to saber the whole lift off which completely distracted him, and when the seatbelt sign went off, he only then realised they were in the air. "if you need anything else, give me a shout" emma smiled and gave him a friendly wink before disappearing somewhere else. saber settled in his seat once again and plugged in his airpods, wanting the flight to be over already.

a boring ten and a bit hours later, he was finally on english ground. as he was getting off the plane, he stopped to say a quick goodbye to emma, exchanging numbers since they had become close during the flight. emma was only nineteen and it was only her second flight as a hostess, which saber found extremely cool.

he frantically texted wilbur telling him that he had landed and was about to go to baggage claim. he replied with a thumbs up and a grinning face before saying he was waiting just where he would come out of the baggage claim area. he felt adrenaline rush through him as he waited for his bag. he was extremely excited to meet wilbur for the first time.

saber finally collected his suitcase and ran to where wilbur was. he instantly spotted the 6'5 brunette clad in a yellow jumper and his signature beanie. he noticed him too and a smile was instantly slapped onto his face. he sprinted to him and instantly wrapped his arms around wilburs shoulders. "hello!" his greeting was muffled due to the fact that he had just shoved his face into wilburs chest, and he had a mask on.

"it's nice to finally meet you saber!" he replied through a laugh as he wrapped his arms around him. the two of them then made their way to his car and drove down to brighton. the car ride there was anything but boring, the two got to know each other better and bonded over their music taste (saber also gushed about how he looked up to him in every way and wilbur definitely didn't almost cry). saber quickly began to see wilbur as the older brother he'd never had.

when arriving at wilburs house, he told him what room he'd be staying in and he was quick to say goodnight and go rest up before the big day that was ahead of him. as he lay in bed, he thought about what he'd just done. he really had just travelled across the world for ten hours just to surprise the three absolute idiots he called his bestfriends.

when morning finally came, which was actually nearing midday, he sprung out of bed and quickly changed into his outfit for the day. "wilbur come on! lets go lets go lets go!!" he exclaimed as he rushed down the stairs and to the front door where he'd kicked off his converse last night. "okay! here eat this in the car" he handed him an apple, a bottle of water and a slice of toast and pushed him out the door.

the drive to where toby stayed wasn't that long, but it was long enough for him to get hungry or thirsty so wilbur had thought ahead. "so tommy's still there right?" he asked, his nerves kicking in again. "yeah! he's leaving tomorrow morning so you're good" he replied before reaching over to squeeze his knee gently, stopping it from bouncing up and down so much.

the drive to tobys was like their drive the night previous, music blasting and laughter filling the air. saber really enjoyed wilburs company, as did he with sabers. saber had never bonded with someone as quick as he did with wilbur, besides noah but he doesn't count. he had so much in common without even realising. saber could say the most random shit about the most random topic and wilbur would keep the conversation going, somehow knowing exactly what he was talking about.

it upset saber that he was about to say goodbye to wilbur again for a while as he stepped out of the tallers car, just down the road from where noah, toby and tommy were. "thank you so much for this wil, i appreciate what you've done for me" he said as he pulled him into a hug. he really did appreciate him and what he'd done, probably more than he thought. "any time kiddo, if you ever want to do something like this again, shoot me a text and i'll get you here" he smiled and patted his head, letting him go see his friends.

saber shook off his nerves as he approached tobys family home, he felt his hands and fingers twitch a little but ignored it as he chapped on the door. wilbur had made sure that tobys parents knew that saber was coming and to keep the boys in the studio, to which they did. the door eventually opened and there stood lani, a bright smile on her face. she welcomed saber into her home and let him dump his bags by the stairs and directed him to where the boys were.

saber greeted the rest of tobys family before making his way to the studio, he could see they were doing a facecam stream, probably just one of tobys chill alt streams (which definitely was not chill with the three of them being there). he smiled to himself before opening the door, to which the three of them shooting their heads round to see who'd opened the door.

"saber?!" toby exclaimed before jumping out of his seat and into the tallers embrace. the other two were frozen in shock, especially noah. none of them had any clue that their bestfriend would show up out of nowhere without telling them. "hi!" he laughed as they rocked back and forth, still wrapped in tobys embrace. tommy was next to get up and pull him into a hug.

and then there was noah, who was still practically glued to his chair, absolutely dumbfounded. saber laughed and ran over to him, wrapped his arms around his neck since he knew he'd definitely not be getting up any time soon. "what are you doing here?!" he asked, placing his hand on top of sabers, a gentle gesture that everyone picked up on. "thought i'd just come surprise my favourite boys!"

and boy were they surprised. it was all they could actually talk about for the rest of the stream. the chat was filled with comments like 'the trust ring is finally complete' and 'i can die happy now', they were just as ecstatic as the group were. saber sat between noah and tommy while toby sat to the right of noah, though tommy and toby kept reaching over the other two to 'fight' each other. and although it was already absolute chaos, saber wouldn't want it to be any other way.

DANNY SPEAKS!

i'm making it a thing to say what i
listened to while writing each chapter
now so enjoy lmao. i listened to test
drive and forbidden friendship from
the httyd soundtrack while writing
this 👍 how fitting seen as i named
stormi after astrids dragon 😁

remember to stay hydrated and
eat a lil snack if you're up for it
i care abt u <3 always !!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

374K 9.5K 16
he dislikes her, and she just wants to know why.
25.5K 306 32
[𝙲𝚘𝚖𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚝𝚎] 𝙸'𝚕𝚕 𝚋𝚎 𝚍𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐 × 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝙽𝙾𝙽𝙴 𝙸 𝚛𝚎𝚙𝚎𝚊𝚝 𝙽𝙾𝙽𝙴 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚘𝚛 𝚙𝚒𝚌𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚎𝚜 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚎
543 26 16
Y/N doesn't understand anything about the world that she's in. dsmp x fem!reader before you read: updates are slow, but im not planning on giving up...
317K 10K 38
adventure time lover and a weeb that just really love mine craft karl x fem! oc