A Mischievous Gutsy Girl.

By Ishi_Ishu

Note : *This is not a love story.* This story is a long story having many stories hidden in it which are inte... More

Author's Note.
*ATTENTION*
Chapter. 1 'Hi I'm Nish!'
Chapter 2. "HELLO!"
Chapter 3. 'Look at me! I'm your youngest sister!'
Chapter 4. 'Hi........Dad!'
Chapter 5. 'The Emergency Meeting!'
Chapter 6. "Friends?!"
Chapter 7. Skimble Skamble Blunder!šŸ™„
Chapter 9. Cold Shoulders.
Chapter 10. 'They Hardly Talk.'
Chapter 11. 'Miss Chhabra and family!'
Chapter 12. Shouts and Giggles.
Chapter 13. 'School or College?!'
Chapter 14. 'Introduction and Mitesh Sir!'
Chapter 15. 'Nishi Khurrana, is also a bully?!'
Chapter 16. 'Vardhan Sir!'
Chapter 17. 'Life Lesson.'
Chapter 18. 'Lover or Criminal?!'
Chapter 19. 'Little Love Secrets.'
Chapter 20. 'A Challenge or A Mission?'
Chapter 21. Revealing of a Hidden Criminal!
Chapter 22. 'Emergency?!'
Chapter 23. 'His old wound.'
Chapter 24. 'Popcorn Show in the Canteen!'
Chapter 25. 'Sorry Champ!'
Chapter 26. 'Hit Song!'
Chapter 27. 'The Talk!'
Chapter 28. 'Trap and Catch.'
Chapter 29. 'Cute Apology Letter!'
Chapter 30. 'Celebrating Old Bonds!'
Chapter 31. 'THAAP!'
Chapter 32. 'The Letter.'
Chapter 33. 'Quiet Days.'
Chapter 34. 'The Ride of Guilty Rollercoaster.'
Chapter 35. 'Waiting. . .'
Chapter 36. 'The Tiring Night!'
Chapter 37. 'The Shocking Train!'
Chapter 38. 'Vihaan and Manav's Cheating!'
Chapter 39. 'The Web of Lies.'
Chapter 40. 'The Unknown Watch and The Red Lines of Oscilloscope.'
Chapter 41. 'His Confession.'
Chapter 42. "How do you know her?"
Chapter 43. 'The Elders' Hidden Conspiracy.'
Chapter 44. 'The Chaos of Little Lies.'
Chapter 45. 'Home . . .an unearthly feeling.'
Chapter 46. 'Dicussing The Odds On A Queer Evening.'
Chapter 47. 'Giggles Of A Mushy Talk.'
Chapter 48. 'The Mother's Mistake.'
Chapter 49. 'A Little Interrogation and The Slip Of Tongue.'
Chapter 50. 'A Little Get Together.'
Chapter 51. 'The Dumb Charades and The Talking Eyes.'
Chap 52. 'The Secret Of The World Tour.'
Chapter 53. 'The Damage of Lies.'
Chapter 54. 'Plans.'
Chapter 55. Unknown cell*
Chapter 56. 'Because Love Is Never Enough...'
Chapter 57. 'One Blabbering Evening.'
Chapter 58. 'The Attack of Masked Men.'
Chapter 59. 'He will be fine!'
Chapter 60. 'A Long Night . . .'
Chapter 61. 'Professionals' Party?!'
Chapter 62. 'The Ice Cream Man!'
Chaoter 63. 'The Cat Fight and The Cat Coffee.'
Chapter 64. 'Drinking Habits and The Soft Gaze.'
Chapter 65. 'Back to School.'
Chapter 66. 'The Moment He Hates The Most.'
Chapter 67. 'Little-Big Plans.'
Chapter 68. 'The Mystery of Staring Eyes.'
Chapter 69. 'The Secret Talk in the Study Room.'
Chapter 70. 'The Dawn Before The Fall.'
Chapter 71. 'Little Talks.'
Chapter 72. 'The Voices In Her Head.'
Chapter 73. 'The Meet and The Inner Battles.'
Chapter 74. 'The Chit-Chat During The Inner Shakiness.'
Chapter 75. 'The Dark Reality.'
Chapter 76. 'The Whirlpool of Emotions.'
Chapter 77. 'Flirty-Angry-Running Hearts.'
Chapter 78. 'Acidity, Attitude and Agony.'
Chapter 79. 'Angry Hearts.'
Chapter 80. 'The Woman With Dark and Thundering Cloudy Cheeks.'
Chapter 81. 'Get-Together Goes Wrong.'

Chapter 8. Party?!

364 26 1
By Ishi_Ishu

Author :

Continuing from where we left.

Thank you!
Happy Reading!
:)

• •

In Nishi's House 🏡 :

She starts getting ready for the visit.
The main door bell rings making Hareesh Kaka open the door revealing Rohan who came to pick her up.

"काका, निशी कहाँ है?" He asks the old man to which Nishi replies walking towards them nonchalantly checking her phone, "Here!"

[ Translation : "Kaka, where is Nishi?" ]

Rohan looks at her from top to bottom, then bottom to top and asks giggling, "Shall we?"

She looks at him and casually says putting her cell phone in her right pocket, "Yeah, Sure!"

'She is looking like a cute boy with long hair in this outfit.' Rohan thinks chuckling at her outfit one more time.

She notices his giggles at her look but doesn't bother asking what does he finds so funny in her look.

But before she could take one step out of the house, she gasps seeing the scene in front of her and puts her one hand on her heart, another on the door for the balance. Seeing her, Rohan stops and looks at her. She says making a face, "Omo?! ये सब क्या है?!"

[ Translation : "Omo?! What is all this?!" ]

Firstly, he bites his inner cheek to stop himself from smiling at her accent and says nonchalantly, "Your security." And shrugs.

She looks at him in the same position making a disbelief face and then back at the scene.

There was a black bulletproof and advanced SUV with two black bulletproof Jeeps, one parked in front of the SUV and another one behind the SUV was parked in front of the main door of the house. Some 15 bodyguards all in Black with black goggles and a bluetooth in one ear were standing outside looking here and there with keen eyes to make sure that all is fine.

Nishi says shaking her head, "इतनी?! They look like a whole mafia instead of just security."

[ Translation : "इतनी?!" - "This much?!" ]

Rohan laughs with few guards at her choice of words.

She narrows her eyes looking at Rohan and says, "Tell them to put their glasses in there pockets."

He looks at her asking confusedly, "Why?"

She turns to him completely and placing her hands on each side of her waist says, "इतनी रात को इन्हें काले चश्मे में दिखाई कैसे देगा?!"

[ Translation : "How will they be able to see in dark glasses in this night?!" ]

He laughs at her antics and tells the bodyguards to take out their glasses and put them in their pockets telling the reason to which they smile sheepishly at each other.

Both of them sit in the SUV with the bodyguards following them to four more black Jeep cars. So, now there are three cars following Nishi's SUV and three are moving in front of her SUV. She looks back and then in front, noticing the cars and then gives a blank look sitting on the back seat to which Rohan chuckles sitting beside her trying not to laugh looking at her expressions.

She sighs deeply and asks, "How long is the journey going to be for?"

"Hardly 40 minutes." Ariv says from the passenger seat.

"Oh! Hi! I didn't see you." She greets noticing him with a smile.

"Hi!" He greets back and the journey goes on in silence.

*

At Anshuman's Home 🏡 :
(Backside of the house, in the lawn.)

"So finally your daughter came back home?" Says Karuna's high school best friend making her shock dramatically.

"And finally you got time for your friend!" She taunts as soon as she notices her best friend, Adhiraj who was standing behind her thinking of an excuse. "Say! What's your excuse this time?" She asks him with a fake bright smile. But he shrugs off saying nonchalantly, "What excuse? I was busy!"

She narrows her eyes at him when he stares at her with a blank face and then suddenly says with a crying face, "I'm sorry yaar! Trust me! कल ही मुंबई से आया हूँ यार! मेरी वाइफ तो ऑलरेडि नाराज़ है, अब तुम तो मत हो! तुम तो हाई स्कूल से जानती हो मुझे!" He says pleading like a kid making the youngsters laugh out aloud at his sudden change of expressions.

[ Translation : "I'm sorry yaar! Trust me! I have come from Mumbai only yesterday! My wife is already angry, now you don't! You know me from high school!" ]

The entire family is present in the big lawn with close family friends, all present there for the party and waiting for the special person to come, for whom the party is held specially, out of nowhere.

Every close friend and family is present whoever could make it in the town.

Karuna glares at him earning some giggles from the young group.

"अच्छा वो सब तो ठीक है but वो कहाँ है जिसके लिए ये पार्टी अचानक रखी गयी है?" Asks Mrs. Kavita Sharma, Adhiraj's wife.

[ Translation : "Well that's all right, but where is the one for whom this party has been arranged all of a sudden?" ]

"Yeah, where is Nishu?" Asks 20 years old, college boy, a curious Rahul Sharma, Adhiraj's son. He is so curious, in fact everyone present there in the party is so curious about the youngest child of the Khurrana family because they have been hearing about her from years from her mother or other family adults but never met her. Moreover, they are curious to know her as she has been living in different countries hiding her location for the sake of security reasons.

"लो, आ गई!" Arushi says with excitement loudly for others to hear.

[ Translation : "Oh! She is here!" ]

All heads turn to the big curvy entrance gate which leads to a gallery, leading towards the main door of the house directly.

A teenage girl of 5'5 height enters in the lawn getting everyone's attention.
She is wearing a casual checkered shirt with the combination of dark blue and red color with sleeves folded till her elbows. A black jeans is hugging her skin well showing her curves. She had a casual black watch on her left hand wrist. Her curly hair are open as she liked them. Some curls were playing with the wind without disturbing her vision due to hair few clips here and there. She is wearing white sneakers with black colored outline combination and simple earrings with a light pinkish lip balm. She was looking adorable yet professional.

Nishi freezes as she stands on the entrance door seeing the big lawn half filled with people, some familiar while some new. The lawn was decorated with lighting and flowers. There were round tables well placed here and there with chairs around them and a stage is built exactly in front of the entrance door which was also decorated with paper made small chandeliers and flowers. A small drum set, small piano and a mic was well placed on their places.

They all look at her, some with bright smiles, some with adoration, some with confusion and some with blank faces, actually not some, only Vihaan was looking at her with a blank face.

Rohan clears his throat to make Nishi come out of her amazement, shock or whatever it is there in her eyes. "Move!", Rohan says.

She leans back, bending towards him and asks narrowing her eyes at him, "I thought you guys decided to not to reveal about my arrival?"

They all look at her with confusion yet with a smile.

She raises an eyebrow at him in question.

He sighs and says, "They are not strangers. They are family and close friends."

She looks at him with a blank look and says blinking, "क्लोज़ फ्रेंड्स एक या दो होते हैं पूरा मोहल्ला नहीं होता!" He laughs at her words making the crowd curious.

[ Translation : "Close friends are one or two, not the whole locality!" ]

"Let's just move forward, everyone is waiting!" He says gesturing her to walk towards the crowd and shakes his head with a smile on his face which makes Gia smile unknowingly.

The teenager scans the crowd walking forward and finally finds her mother who is smiling brightly with happiness in her eyes seeing her daughter. Nishi sighs and walks towards her mother nonchalantly. Standing near her mother she leans forward and narrows her eyes dramatically and asks her smiling mother, "I remember you said we are visiting 'someone' not 'some crowd'!" She says quoting the words.

The group surrounding them laughs at her way of talking making her mother giggle. Nishi frowns at them then rolls her eyes making Vihaan's friends smile but Vihaan sighs folding his hands.

"Attention everyone!" Vineet gets everyone's attention walking towards Nishi. He stretches his right hand with a genuine smile making her daughter's heart work rapidly. She looks at his hand then at his face and here stuck to his smile. She blinks, leaves a deep breath and gives her hand with a racing heart. She could not look away from thus man who is smiling genuinely walking beside her. Out of nowhere she remembers the times she called him and looks away fisting another hand tightly looking forward with nothing in her eyes anymore.

But suddenly she gets confused at his actions as he walks towards the stage with her and stands on it with his daughter and starts, "Everyone! Me and my wife Karuna, has been waiting since a long time for our daughter and finally that day has come and from now on, she is gonna live with us as a family. I know, today this sudden party disturbed your routine. But still, even after being so busy you all came here sharing my happiness. I'm really thankful to you all." Nishi has been looking at her father with bored eyes now hearing his words without caring that people are watching her curiously. Her father's next words widens her eyes, "This welcome party is for my daughter! So please put your hands together to welcome my daughter, Nishi Khurrana."

Everyone claps happily except some people (Because not everyone will be happy to see you even in real life too! That's human behaviour😑).

"Dad! This party is 'only' for me?!" She asks in shock.

He nods and smiles at his daughter with some emotion in his eyes saying, "Welcome home!" But he quickly looks straight towards the audience and announces earning some claps, "Please, enjoy yourself!"

She looks dumbly at her family standing in a group with bright smiles except her dear brother, then scans the entire lawn. She sighs deeply as she hates parties and thinks, 'यार! इससे अच्छा तो मैं आराम कर लेती रूम पर! कहाँ फसा दिया पप्पा!'

[ Translation : 'Buddy! Better than this, I would have rested in the room! Where did Dad trapped me up!' ]

She smiles fakely at the audience to which some say, 'Cheers' and some hoot which includes Gia, Arushi, Trisha and Vihaan's friend Rajveer.

She was going to come down from the stage when she sees a hand stretched out for her to grab. She looks at the owner of the hand, a young and handsome boy is standing in front of her stretching his hand out for her to grab when her peripheral vision catches her attention. She looks at her right side where her family is looking at her smiling with a mischievously smiling Arushi at her which makes her wanting to roll her eyes at her expressions. Vihaan, his friends and some family friends with whom she has not met yet look at her with curiousness thinking what's coming next. She looks back at the boy standing in front of her who is offering her a bright smile on his face.

Sighing inwardly, she gives her hand to him with a forced smile which was hard to notice for not being rude. He helps her getting down from the stairs.

'Looks like he thinks that I have never walked down the stairs ever before in my life.' She thinks wanting to roll her eyes but her mind scolds, 'अबे! पार्टी में है तू! Roll your eyes and create another blunder because your sweetest family is watching you already. चुपचाप एंजॉय कर!'

[ Translation : 'Dude! You're in the party! Roll your eyes and create another blunder because your sweetest family is watching you already. Enjoy quietly!" ]

'नहीं हो रहा!' She replies to her mind.

[ Translation : 'Not happening!' ]

'तो ज़बरदस्ती एन्जॉय कर! और कोई ऑप्शन नहीं है.' Her mind says making her pout inwardly.

[ Translation : 'Then enjoy it forcefully! There is no other option." ]

"Why do I have a feeling he is interested in her?" Rajveer says getting blank expressions from his friends except Vihaan who is glaring at him then looks at his sister again making his friends turn their heads towards her too.

"May I know the name of this beautiful girl?" The boy asks her with a charming smile on his face still grabbing her hand.

Nishi looks at him like a robot and asks in return with a forced smile, "Didn't my father just take my name?"

He smiles and says leaving her hand, "He did! But I just wanted to hear it from you."

'मेरे बाप के मुंह से क्या गलत स्पेलिंग निकली थी?' She thinks narrowing her eyes at him.

[ Translation : 'Did my name's spelling came wrongly out of my father's mouth?' ]

"That doesn't make any sense to me." She says and starts walking towards her three cousins who are now standing with Vihaan and his friends.

"I just wanted us to introduce each other." He says walking with her making her stop in her tracks near the group who are also listening to the duo. She raises an eyebrow at him. "After all we are family friends." He shrugs.

She narrows her eyes at him and thinks smirking inwardly, 'He doesn't know my age, does he? It's gonna be fun Sirji!'

"Nishu! Beta come here!" Vineet calls Nishi standing behind the group at a safe distance with some of his friends. It quickens her heart beat hearing her father address her like that. But his plain tone said it all and her heart calms down immediately as it makes sense. She walks towards them. Vineet says, "Gentlemen, this is Nishi, my daughter and Nishi! Beta, meet Mr. Adhiraj Sharma, ये तुम्हारी मॉम के हाई स्कूल टाइम के बेस्ट फ्रेंड हैं!" She greets him in Indian style bringing her palms together, "Namaste, Uncle!"

[ Translation 1 : "Gentlemen, this is Nishi, my daughter and Nishi! Beta, meet Mr. Adhiraj Sharma, this is your mom's best friend from high school time!"

Translation 2 : "Hello, Uncle!" ]

Adhiraj gets shocked seeing her gestures. Some more people look at her with surprise. Adhiraj smiles at her while blessing after getting the shock, "Namaste beta! Welcome home! How was the journey?"

[ Translation : "Hello, Dear! Welcome home! How was the journey?" ]

"Boring and tiring." She says sighing earning some chuckles at her pose.

"You have already met Dhananjay Uncle." He says gesturing towards his friend Dhananjay making her nod with a polite smile at Dhananjay.

"Meet Mr. Sukhdev Ahuja, Dr. Avinash father and this is Mr. Vinayak Mathur, Manav's father." Vineet says gesturing towards his two close friends. She greets them in the same manner when someone joins them making her father introduce him as well, "And now meet Rahul Sharma, Adhiraj's younger son." She looks at Rahul realising he is the one who asked her name few moments ago.

Rahul smiles greeting her, "Hi, Nishu!"

She greets him with a smile in amusement thinking, 'Nishu?!'

"Where is Vishnu?" Vineet asks Adhiraj about his elder son.

"Oh! He is currently in Germany for some new projects with Subodh and Arjun." Adhiraj informs making Vineet nod.

Vineet was chatting with his friends and Rahul was looking at Nishi with a smile on his face who was getting bored now.

Meanwhile Mrityunjay comes and asks Vineet, "Uncle! Can I get Nishi for a while to introduce her to others?"

Vineet nods with an encouraging smile making Nishi think as she leaves with Mrityunjay, 'I never saw Dad smiling this much. This is the second time after his stage smile with me.'

'I think you never saw this man at all in last one decade.' A voice taunts making her nod in agreement looking straight.

Rahul also leaves with them following them which makes Mrityunjay irritated for once.

Mrityunjay gestures Nishi to walk towards another group.

She sighs and says, "भैया ये सब इंट्रो आज करना ज़रूरी है क्या?" This makes Mrityunjay smile at her tiredness and accent which fades away when he finds Rahul still smiling down at her and following her like a lost puppy everywhere.

[ Translation : "Brother, is it necessary to do all these intros today?" ]

Mrityunjay sighs at Rahul's stare but then says with excitement, "Now, let me introduce you to some special people!"

"Special?" She asks with confusion.

He nods and joins another group with her saying, "Guys!"

There were her brothers, her sisters and her family friends standing in a group chatting.

He was going to start the intro but Gia stops him saying, "Bhai! Let me introduce them! I have never done such thing. Please!" Mrityunjay chuckles nodding at her.

Gia starts, "So everyone! Meet Nishi, our youngest sister and Nishi meet Rohan, you know him as an officer but let me tell you he is a family friend and Anshuman Bhai's college time best friend." Nishi smiles at a blushing Rohan as Gia introduces him to her which no one notices because he just nods with a slight smile at the teenager.

"Meet Abhishek Ahuja, we call him as Abhi with love. He is an advocate and Dr. Avinash's younger brother." She smiles at the advocate brightly and stretches her hand out to shake to which he doesn't get surprised but hesitates as she is a kid, still does a handshake anyways.

"I know why you are smiling so brightly at him!" Arushi says making the group look at her and she adds, "You like all detective works! Don't you?" Nishi smiles sheepishly earning a chuckle from a 24 years old Abhishek.

"This is Sanjana Raghav, she is in college with us as our senior and she is Avinash Bhai's cousin. This is Dipali Raghav, her twin sister who is also in college. They both are doing medicine with Botany." Nishi smiles at both of them who smile back.

"This is Divya Raghav who is a professor in our college. She is Sanjana Di's elder sister and Vihaan Bhai's college time friend." Nishi smiles at Divya gently doing a handshake which she returns.

"This is Tej Rathore, Vihaan bhai's crime partner cum best friend and our family. And this is Mrs. Kirti Rathore, a social worker and Tej bhai's beautiful wife." Nishi handshakes with both of them too making the couple smile at her genuinely and say, "Welcome back!"

'Sounds like a gun shot in the head.' Nishi thinks with a forced smile hearing the same thing repeatedly.

Then Arushi comes towards a 17 years old teenage girl. Putting her hand around her neck, she says, "And meet the most special person of our family, our princess, NIKITA RATHORE."

Nikita slaps Arushi's hand playfully making Vihaan smile at her with the group while Nishi narrows her eyes at Arushi's words.

"Special?" Nishi asks confusedly when Ariv and Kabir join them and stand near Rohan and Anshuman who are looking at Nishi and Arushi.

Arushi smiles brightly and informs her, "Yes special! We call her Nikki with love. And she is the queen of hearts in school and also in our family. And most importantly, she is Vihaan bhai's little princess whom no one can dare to hurt."

Vihaan looks thoughtfully at his blood related sister. He smiles softly at Nikita and asks her as she was looking at the food stall, "Bachcha, do you want to eat something?"

[ बच्चा / Bachcha means Baby in Hindi Language which is often used as dear. ]

Commonly, his caring nature towards Nikki makes his family and friends smile at the duo but this time this makes everyone look at Nishi as firstly, she came back her home after years and he didn't even say a word to her or a simple greeting. In fact, he scolded her for no big reason during the lunch and now this!

'Has he lost his mind or what? What the hell is he trying to do?' Mrityunjay thinks looking at the duo being angry at his friend not liking the way he is behaving with a kid.

Nishi smiles brightly and genuinely says finding Nikita so cute, "Aww! Of course she is the queen of hearts! She is so cute!" She says putting her both hands together near her chest in excitement. Her words turn all eyes to her with blank looks blinking at her. She blinks at the big group and asks chirpily, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing! You are just so cute saying anything!" Rahul says looking at her making the big group snap out of their thoughts and getting some frowns in return.

Nishi rolls her eyes at him and was going to leave when he blocks her way two steps away from the group who are looking at the duo.

"I was thinking if you are free tomorrow?" Rahul asks with a flirty smile.

She narrows her eyes at him saying, "One- No! Two- Even if I am free I'm not gonna go out with you on a date!"

"How do you know that I was going to ask you out?!" He asks her with a stupid smile.

She looks at him as if he is the dumbest person in the whole world. Folding her hands, she says, "Since the time I have come here, you are following me like an 🐜 ant! उसका मतलब और क्या हो सकता है?! Plus, you don't know my age, do you?" She asks him the last question putting her left hand on her waist.

[ Translation : "What else could that mean?!" ]

Rahul smirks saying, "Your maturity level is saying you're 19." She blinks at him making him smile nervously when he adds, "23, Please don't mind! And I don't care about your age! You look so young but your maturity level is telling your age. I have been hearing about you alot through Bhishma Uncle." She gives him a blank look as the ladies from the group standing near her gasp at Rahul's guesses.

"23?! Seriously?! How can Rahul be so dumb?!" Trisha mutters under her breath rolling her eyes at Rahul's stupid words.

Manav shakes his head at Rahul's dumbness while Gia slaps her forehead hearing his words with Arushi chuckling with Smriti.

Nikita blinks innocently at the scene and puts her lips in a thin line then shakes her head.

Nishi sighs and says, "One - No! And Two- I'm just 15! Three - Now, kindly please leave!" She leaves a shocking Rahul behind and the group laughing at Rahul for his misunderstanding except for Vihaan obviously and Mrityunjay who was looking at his friend who is still giving his sister a cold shoulder.

She stops in mid way, looks in her mother's direction and yells, "Mom! Where is Chauhan?" Some heads turn towards her knowing well who is this only Chauhan and widen their eyes in total shock at her way of addressing their Uncle.

It's still queer for the youngsters to hear her address their Uncle like that. But now for some elders in her family, it's normal, at least for her mother who yells back, "Don't know, beta!"

She makes an irritated face when Gia calls her from the group making her look back at them raising an eyebrow in question to which Arushi yells, "Come na!"

'Jesus! I'm done with these kids! For God's sake इस बालक को कोई रेस्ट करने दो यार!' Nishi thinks making a face as she doesn't feel well ever since she had her lunch.

[ Translation : 'Jesus! I'm done with these kids! For God's sake, give this kid some rest, man!'

She stands back at the same place pressing her head with a frown and asks Arushi, "What?"

"Where are you going? Bhishma Uncle is not in the party." Shreya's words make Nishi look at her who was coming towards the group and she asks, "Then where is he?" Shreya only shrugs.

"That's what I was saying." Gia says making Nishi nod.

She walks few steps away from the group and takes out her cell phone to call him not feeling well but the call doesn't connect. Seeing her like that Smriti comes frowning near her while the group chats. "What happened? You okay?" Smriti asks making the group look at them with a frown.

"Yeah! I am!" She replies to which Smriti doesn't seem to be satisfied and says, "But you don't look okay."

Nishi smiles gently saying, "I'm fine! Nothing to worry about. But thanks." Smriti nods and goes back to the group while Nishi walks towards her mother.

Karuna smiles brightly as soon as she finds Nishi coming towards her and says, "It is good that you have come! Let us introduce you to some people."

'ओह गॉड! सीरियसली?! ये खानदान है कि पूरा मोहल्ला invite किया है इन लोगों ने? लगता है आज जान लेकर छोड़ेंगे बच्चे की!' Nishi thinks forcing a smile to her mother.

[ Translation : 'Oh God! Seriously?! This is a family or these people invited the whole locality? It seems that today they will kill the child for sure!' ]

Karuna is standing with Sukanya, Anuradha and with some new faces gathered around her. She introduces them one by one, "इनसे मिलो, this is Mrs. Kalpana Ahuja, Avinash and Abhishek's mother. She is Mrs. Kavita Sharma, Adhiraj's wife. And you have already met Sukanya Aunty." Nishi greets them all with a smile on her face while folding her hands.

[ Translation : "इनसे मिलो" - Meet them.]

"She is Miss. Radha Sharma, Rohan's mother." Nishi smiles brightly at Rohan's mom genuinely and greets her who greets her back with a kind smile.

"And she is Mrs. Vishakha Rawat, Rajveer's Mom and Mr. Dhananjay Rawat's wife." She greets her in the same manner but Vishakha hugs her with a smile to which she flinches a bit making the mother figures frown.

She takes deep breaths and then hugs her back hesitantly. She gulps hardly telling herself, 'Stay still! It's not a big deal! Calm down! Calm down!' She breaks the hug almost immediately and smiles at the woman who smiles feeling something odd in her behavior but doesn't say anything.

"This is Arika Rawat. Rajveer's little sister. She is in school." Karuna says introducing a 17 years old Arika with a smile.

"Hi!" Nishi greets Arika who smiles forcibly at her saying, "Hello!"

Arika notices the group coming towards them with Nikita walking beside Vihaan and Arushi. She smirks hidingly and says, "Looks like someone finally came here to take Nikki's position."

They all frown at her comment but a voice says, "No one can take Nikki's place!" All heads turn to Vihaan who said it blankly. Then he looks at Nishi and says, "No one!"

Nishi blinks dumbly at the duo, Arika and Vihaan, not understanding a single thing she thinks, 'हैं?!'

[ Translation : 'हैं?!' - 'Uh?!' ]

"I heard teenagers in foreign date so early! So how many boys you have dated Miss Nishi? Wait! Don't take an entire group's name, please!" Says Akriti Tondon, Arika's friend to which Arika snickers.

The group frowns at Akriti's comment and question as they find it disrespectful, but Arika's mother Vishakha and her brother Rajveer scolds Arika in unison, "Arika!"

"What did I do?!" Arika asks getting angry to which Rajveer says, "Your friend is making fun of Nishi and instead of telling her to shut her mouth you are laughing with her? She just came! What is this behaviour?"

Arika rolls her eyes while Akriti looks at Nishi who asks gesturing to Akriti, "Who is she?" They turn their heads towards a curious Nishi.

Vishakha hesitates and says, "This is Akriti Tondon, Arika's childhood friend and her dad's business partner's daughter."

Nishi nods when Rajveer continues, "Arika and Akriti say sorry to Nishi, right now!"

"Yes, say sorry! Right now!" Vishakha says glaring at the duo of teenagers.

Arika looks at Nishi gritting her teeth and jealousy roaming freely in her veins. However, Arika shudders uncomfortably after a few moments as Nishi looks in her deep eyes with something deep. Then the new teenager looks at Akriti blankly and to Akriti's and everyone's surprise Nishi smiles at her softly with apologetic eyes and says leaving, "Don't scold them! It's not their fault!"

She says and leaves from there leaving Akriti and Arika confused who thinks, 'Why did she leave so easily with a genuine smile as if nothing happened?'

Akriti says dryly, "Sorry, Aunty!" Arika glares at her mother and brother and grabbing Akriti's hand, she leaves from there.

Nishi was trying to call Bhishma when someone taps on her shoulder making her turn towards the person, "I'm sorry for the. . . . . . a. . . . misunderstanding. . . . .you know I thought. . . ." Rahul apologises to Nishi genuinely.

She giggles and says, "It's not your fault! People often misunderstand me for an adult." She shrugs.

Rahul smiles saying, "But to be honest you are really cute!"

"That I am! Thanks." She says grinning like a kid to which he giggles at her unique behavior.

Arushi comes running towards her and informs her to come with her. Rahul also leaves with the duo towards a round table in front of the stage with few more tables on its each sides. Arushi gestures her to a chair to sit from where she can clearly see the stage where some musicians were playing the tone of a Hindi song which was familiar to her and Nishi was trying to remember which one. She sits on the chair with Arushi alone with some empty chairs around the round table as no one was sitting there.

Adults are sitting here and there around three big tables. Just in front, in the right side is a table on which Gia is sitting with Shreya, Dr. Trisha, Dr. Smriti, Kirti, Sanjana, Dipali and Divya on her right side whereas Nikki, Vihaan, Avinash, Mrityunjay, Manav, Rajveer, Rohan, Anshuman, Tej, Abhishek and Rahul are sitting on her left side. There was still one chair empty between Gia and Trisha and one near Nikki.

Arushi sits with Nishi so that she is not left alone but still she is dying to sit with Nikki as she finds her so cute always and loves to be with her. Nishi notices an unknown face sitting between Gia and Nikki. She asks Arushi, "Who is that sitting between Gia Di and Nikita?"

Arushi smiles brightly telling, "She is Nia Verma, Nikki's best friend from Mumbai. She is living here with her Aunt's family and loves her bestie a lot. They are childhood buddies." Nishi nods seeing a table beside Gia's table where Ajeet, Ariv, Kabir, Shrishti, Kritika are sitting having their meals while chatting and smiling and giggling with each other. But Nishi scrunches her nose seeing Kabir being quiet mostly and only busy in his phone as if he is in a live in relationship with it.

Then she looks around.

There was a small table nearby with Arika and Akriti sitting and having fun with each other. Arika laughs at something Akriti tells her which makes Nishi smile softly at her laugh but then she looks away poking her left inner cheek with her tongue.

She looks back at Arushi, seeing her expressions she smiles at her finding her cute because she was being restless to sit with the big group but because of Nishi she is not leaving which Nishi understands well and asks, "Wanna go sit with them?" Arushi nods quickly beaming at her. "Then go na!" Nishi encourages.

Arushi pouts saying, "But Aunty told me and Gia to not to leave you alone. But that dagabaaz cousin of yours left!"

Nishi sighs and says, "What am I? 5? Just go I'm fine here."

"Really? पक्का ना?" Arushi asks to which Nishi nods.

[ Translation : "Really? Are you sure?"]

"But what about Aunty? " Arushi asks getting worried making Nishi smile and say, "Chill! I'll take care of that. You go!"

Arushi hugs her in excitement and bids her farewell, "Thank you! Enjoy!"

As soon as she leaves Nishi mutters, "घंटा enjoy! I just wanna go and rest!"

[ Translation : घंटा - Bell.
Basically, घंटा means Bell but it is commonly used as Nonsense or Do hell with blah blah in native language of mostly in North India. ]

She leans back on her chair to sit comfortably looking at the table where Vihaan was feeding Nikki something with a bright genuine smile and all were smiling looking at the duo. They all were sitting around Nikki and were giving all their attention to her as if she is a precious pearl. She smiles at their lovely moment softly and Vihaan accidentally catches her looking at them. That vanishes his smile and he frowns not liking her looking at them.

"Looks like you are enjoying a lot!"

*End of the chapter.*

Author :

How's the chapter?

Which is your favourite book you have read on wattpad and you feel lucky that you found it? Would love to have some suggestions. 🙃

Thank you for reading.
Smile please! 😊

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.6M 311K 70
Wattpad Creator! Happy and proud. HIM: Staying the night? Not my thing. Hearts and flowers? Boring. Falling in love? Not anytime soon. Settling down...
3.4K 263 12
Four life's four people.... Two dead but other two's life used to revolve around them . What will happen when they will get to know how the one's who...
107K 15.4K 20
Brotherhood Billionaires Book 2 He wanted her then and he wants her now. And this time he won't let her go. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ā—~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...