A Little Help from a Snake...

By onyxjay

(Aka the Tomalongadingdong™ fic) It was a normal day for Harry. He woke up, made breakfast for his relatives... More

Before You Read
0: Prologue
1: The Letter*
2: And They Were Soulmates*
4: Getting Sorted Out
5: Severus Snape
Part 6*
7: Dobby
8: Train Has Left the Station*
9: Ripping and Tearing is Kinky
10: The Legendary Chamber*
11: Lockhart is Still Alive
12: Diary of a Teenage Voldemort
13: Thnks fr th Mmrs*
14: The Nicknames Begin*
15: The "Rescue"*
16: Going Down Like a Lead Balloon
17: A Grim Tale
18: Diagon Alley*
19: Lone Wolf*
20: This Is What You Came For, Isn't It?
21: Mapped Out
22: Monster in the Wardobe
23: Snape Adopts a Teenage Dark Lord
24: Tiny Blond Fucker
25: The Man Who Cried Werewolf*
Part 26*
Part 27
28: Dun Dun Dun!
Part 29*
Part 30*
Part 31
Part 32*
33: Harry the Heinous*
34: A Serious Discussion About Gas
35: Finally Fourteen
36: Something of a Riddle
Part 37
38: Raining on One's Parade
Part 39
Part 40
41: Cliffhanger in Part 40
42: Can I Get a Fuck No!
43: Calmly™
Part 44
45: The Skrewts Started the Fire
Part 46
47: Sixteen Going on Seventeen
Part 48
49: Caught Six-Legged
50: Snape, Snape, Swearverus Snape
Part 51
Part 52
53: Baby, It's Cold Outside*
Part 54
Part 55
56: The Lion, the Witch, the Audacity of This Bitch
Part 57
Part 58
(Somewhat) Updated Reading Checkpoint
59: Caught Pink-Handed!
Part 60
61: Spring Has Arrived
Part 62*
Part 63
64: Back Home
65: Ding Dong! Tomalonga is Back!
Part 66
Part 67
Part 68
69: The Party for the Bonding Ceremony
70: The Actual Bonding Ceremony
71: The Aftermath of the Bonding Ceremony
Part 72
Part 73
Part 74
Part 75
Part 76
Part 77
Epilogue
Thank You! (Again)

3: All Aboard!*

35.3K 1.3K 460
By onyxjay

Revised: July 9, 2021

Wattpad's being a bit weird and making this chapter show up out of order. Just follow the numbers in the title, I'll try to figure this out.

——————————

On September 1st, Harry opened his eyes to Azure prodding him awake. 'It's time to go to Hogwarts, hatchling!' she hissed excitedly.

Harry was wide awake at that reminder. He checked and double-checked his trunk and, satisfied that he had everything, exited his room. "I'm ready," he announced.

His uncle gave a nervous start, as if he had been shocked. "Where do I take you again?"

"King's Cross. I'll be able to find my way from there." With the help of a stubborn snake, he added silently.

Uncle Vernon drove in silence. Harry had barely stepped out of the car when it shot off, tires screeching. Rolling his eyes, Harry headed for Platform Nine and three-quarters. Before going through, he unlocked Hedwig's cage. "I think you should be able to fly there."

Hedwig hooted and nipped him affectionately before taking off. 'Ready, Azure?'

'Yesss.' Harry could imagine her bouncing like a child about to get a balloon.

On the other side, Harry could see families milling around. He passed them and went to find a compartment. Upon reaching it, he cast a feather-light charm on his trunk and lifted it up above the seats before sitting down.

He then took out his copy of Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger and began reading as the train moved.

He was on Chapter 3 when the compartment door opened and in came a blond boy with a pale, pointed face and a pug-faced girl.

"Do you mind if we sit here?" the boy asked.

"No, you're good." As long as you don't talk to me.

Unfortunately, the girl had other plans. "So who are you?"

Harry decided that since everyone would know who he was eventually, he may as well get the initial gawking over with. "Harry Potter."

Sure enough, the other students' eyes stretched wide, jaws dropping.

The boy recovered first. "My name's Malfoy, Draco Malfoy," he said haughtily. "And this is Pansy Parkinson. You'll soon find out some wizarding families are much better than others, Potter. You don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort. I can help you there."

He held out his hand. Harry looked down at it, then back up. "I accept your friendship," he said, shaking it. "But word of advice: if you want to make friends, don't say something that'll chase them off." He leaned back in his seat. "And you may as well call me Harry if we are going to be friends."

Malfoy nodded, looking pleased. "Then you can call me Draco."

Just then, the compartment door was opened and Harry recognized Ron, the youngest male Weasley. "Hello. Anyone sitting there?" he asked. "Everywhere else is full."

"Who are you?" Harry asked.

"Ron Weasley," the redhead replied. "And you are?"

"Harry Potter."

Ron's eyes widened. "Really?" He seemed to realize he was staring and looked away, his eyes landing on Draco. "What are you doing with him?"

"Sitting," said Harry.

"But with Malfoy? Come on, let's go —"

He grabbed Harry's arm and pulled. Azure, alerted by this threat, appeared, snapping her jaws toward Ron, but not trying to actually hurt him. 'Leave my hatchling alone!'

Ron reared back, releasing Harry's arm. "You have a pet snake?"

"She is not a pet," Harry said. "She is a companion, a friend."

Azure preened at his words. 'You say such sweet things, hatchling.'

'Shut it, you.'

"You're — you're a Parselmouth!" Ron exclaimed while Draco and Pansy stared.

"So?"

"Well... only Salazar Slytherin could speak to them. And You-Know-Who. It's evil."

"Evil? No, it's not. If you research it, you would find that it's actually sacred in other countries, especially India."

Ron kept his eyes on Azure, who was still poised, ready to attack again if necessary.

Draco dragged his gaze from Azure and glared up at Ron. "You should leave," he said. "You are not welcome here."

"I'm not welcome?" Ron repeated. "But you —"

Harry's eyes darkened. "Go."

Ron opened and closed his mouth, betrayed, but when Harry didn't budge, he gave up and stormed out of the compartment.

"Harry," Draco said quietly, "you didn't have to do that."

"But I did."

"Well, thanks." Draco looked genuinely surprised that Harry had spoken like that to Ron.

Harry nodded slightly before turning back to his book.

Some time after twelve, a woman opened the compartment door. "Anything off the trolley, dears?"

Along with Draco and Pansy, Harry jumped up eagerly to see what she had. He was unsurprised to see that he recognized none of them from the Muggle world: Bettie Bott's Every Flavor Beans, Drooble's Best Blowing Gum, Chocolate Frogs. Pumpkin Pasties, Cauldron Cakes, Licorice Wands... He bought a little of everything to try.

Harry unwrapped a chocolate frog and looked at the card that came with it. So this is Albus Dumbledore, he thought as he gazed at the man with the flowing silver beard. He shrugged and put it away.

A round-faced boy came knocking on the door some time later and poked his head in, looking tearful. "Sorry, but have you seen a toad at all?"

"No, sorry," Harry said.

"I've lost him! He keeps getting away from me!"

"Have you asked a prefect?" Harry asked.

The boy paused, as if the thought had never occurred to him. "Oh, no, I haven't."

"Maybe you could check with them."

"Good idea." The boy left.

They were interrupted barely ten minutes later by a girl with bushy brown hair and large front teeth knocking on the door.

Harry looked up. "Yes?"

The girl opened the door. "Are you Harry Potter?"

"Yes." Normally, Harry didn't judge people by first impressions, but the girl was already rubbing him the wrong way just by her bossy tones.

"I know all about you, of course — I got a few extra books, for background reading, and you're in Modern Magical History and The Rise and Fall of the Dark Arts and Great Wizarding Events of the Twentieth Century."

"Those stories aren't real," Harry said. He had seen those books in Flourish and Blotts and had not been impressed. Hell, they had an entire section just for him.

"Who are you anyway?" Draco said.

"Hermione Granger," the girl said.

Both Draco and Pansy seemed to lose any interest in her — not that there was much to begin with.

"Do any of you know what house you'll be in?" Hermione asked. "I've been asking around, and I hope I'm in Gryffindor, it sounds by far the best; I hear Dumbledore himself was in it, but I suppose Ravenclaw wouldn't be too bad... Anyway, I'd better go. You three had better change, you know, I expect we'll be there soon."

She closed the door, and Draco let a sneer cross his face. "Granger. Hadn't heard that name before. Probably a Mudblood."

Harry bristled. "Don't use that term."

"Why not?" Pansy said. "It's what she is."

"Right. Like she had a choice in the matter," Harry said icily. Seriously, did people just expect others to tell their mother they didn't want to be a certain way before they could even conceivably talk, let alone convey complex thoughts?

"So what?" said Draco. "Mudbloods are Mudbloods."

"Well, it was a Muggle-born that gave up her life for me. Not just a pureblood."

The pair had the decency to look ashamed as his words sank in. "Sorry," Pansy said.

"Just don't use it. Ever. You don't like being called Death Eaters, Muggle-borns won't like being called... that."

"We'll try," Draco promised.

Harry nodded and continued reading.

So there's the first revised chapter. As you can see, nothing major really changed. I just wanted to clean up parts and post fresh.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 58 5
In this AU, Shuichi and Kokichi are masterminds, they love each other to bits and pieces and both love despair (This story will contain saioma/saioum...
22.6K 194 22
City player, Alana Roade, crosses paths with none other than Leah Williamson at the Lionesses Camp for the Euros, after a rough breakup..... What'll...
116K 4.6K 19
Edited footages of Peter Parker in the Tower and in the Compound were broadcast on live television.
230K 7.6K 9
Harry Potter x Theodore Nott Mature because of a few graphic scenes. AU. Harry was born with a power the Dark Lord knows not: the magic to see into...