Live For It

By LyEr7107

He seemed like the devil. He was evil. Cruel. She was always portrayed as a weapon. A tool. An occasional u... More

a/n
|1|
|2|
|3|
|4|
|5|
|6|
|7|
|8|
|9|
|10|
|11|
|12|
|13|
|14|
|15|
|16|
|17|
|18|
|19|
aesthetics
|21|
|22|
|23|
|24|
|25|
|26|
|27|
|28|
|29|
|30|
|31|
|32|
|33|
|34|
|35|
|36|
|37|
|38|
|39|
|40|
|41|
|42|
|43|
|44|
|45|
|46|
|47|
|48|
|49|
|50|
|51|
|52|
|53|
|54|
|55|
|56|
|57|
|58|
|59|
|60|
Epilogue
a/n pt 2 (please read!!)

|20|

841 35 1
By LyEr7107

sorry for the short chapter//i've gotten hella busy lately, but it's all good. feel free to comment or vote or whateva. Share your opinion ;)

{THIRD PERSON}

Zhara and Adelaide spun around the base-filled room, jumping and dancing to the vibrations that echoed through the floor and walls. They sang to the hypnotic lyrics in the euphoria-inducing song, mimicking each other with vocals and tones. Swinging their hair around, holding each other's hands, and matching body movements. 

The men perched by the entrance to the living room were watching humorously, enjoying the fact that the women were oblivious to them and their snickering. 

Adelaide swayed her hips toward Zhara, who was quick to grin and laugh whole-heartedly before doing the exact same thing. 

It was a sight to the men, Liam, Isaiah, Matteo, and Ezekial, plus their visiting allies, Rico and Santiago. 

Zhara threw her head back, her jaw stretching from the wide smile on her face as she repeated the lyrics to whatever song Adelaide put on the loud surround-sound system speaker. Her hair flung down below her waist, waving and flowing as she shook her head to the words. 

And in this certain moment, the past that brought her here didn't exist, and her only worries in life were trying to keep herself on her feet as she danced with her new friend. 

Maybe that was a dream for a part of her, but there was always a reality. But this was a chance to get out of that certain realism, a break from the dreaded truth. 

Adelaide spun one of the twins around like Zhara had done this morning, and they laughed and shrieked over the underlying excuses that flooded Zhara's mind this afternoon. 

The two girls pointed at each other as they sang out loud, pretending and imagining a life they knew they would never be born into. 

"What's the music fo-" Zion cut himself off as he approached the five men ironically stationed in a discrete spot near the hallway. His brows furrowed at the women, each one having a completely different meaning in his world. 

Liam looked over his shoulder at his boss with a smirk and kept in a chuckle at the look on Zion's face. 

"What are they doing?" Zion questioned no one in particular, confused on why his sister and his enemy were getting along so easily. 

"Why does she look so..." Isaiah trailed off, staring intently at the female assassin. 

"Happy?" Rico finished for him, and something like an angered hint laid behind his words. Isaiah frowned slightly, but nodded anyway. Zion's eyes narrowed at the back of Rico's head, but he stayed silent and instead continued watching as the women embraced each other, something he hadn't done with his own sister in years. 

Dinner had been quick and forced, no one spoke, not even his sister's children. He was barely there in his mind to notice anything wrong with Zhara. If there even was anything wrong with her...Who was he kidding, though?

"Shoot, It's almost eight-thirty..." Zhara looked at the clock before looking back at Adelaide, "I gotta go now. Give Gio my best wishes with his promotion."

Ezekial's lips twitched. 

Adelaide nodded and thanked Zhara after sharing those few minutes of joy with her, waving goodbye as well. 

Zhara hurried towards the stairs, completely unaware of Zion's speculating gaze on her. He knew they had a meeting at nine, but what was so important right now?

Adelaide sighed through her nose before smiling down at her twins and making her way towards the kitchen, but completely stopped in her tracks when her eyes landed on the six men standing tall, blocking the hallway. 

Her face immediately dropped, something that slightly pained a few of the men, and she grew a bit mad that they were spying on her and her friend. 

She showed them her manicured middle finger before shoving Liam out of the way and walking with her kids trailing behind her like ducks. 

{EZEKIAL}

I had been working with the Armani's since I was sixteen. A stupid, reckless, and ignorant sixteen-year-old. My teenage days were something I wasn't proud of, but they made me out into who I am today, two years later. 

And that is a tattoo artist for the most dangerous underground business in the Italian lineage. I second as a first-hand bodyguard who basically scares people off. Whether because of my height and build or because some people stick to stereotypes when looking at my skin, it works anyway. 

I had been the basic drug dealer working on the corners in South Shore and Chatham, getting caught up in things I shouldn't have only because I needed the money to fly my Ma out from the deep end of the Caribbean. It was more dangerous where she was than right there in Chicago. I was lucky enough to move with my dad before he split, and never realized the real reason why we left behind my mother. 

But that's not necessarily important to this story. 

Zion found me rummaging around for anything to keep myself alive one night after he had flown in for a meeting deal with one of the big suppliers I used to work for. I had gotten thrown on my ass, literally, and almost died in the alley right beside the main underground lab I had contacts with. 

He and his seconds were quick to get me help, ask me questions and shit, and figured out very quickly what I had been doing for a living. 

In return for saving my ass and giving me a place to live with a steady income, they wanted information. Intel on the underground drug ring the big guy that ran our streets owned. And damn if I didn't hate that guy already, finding out what he had done to the Armani's only made me loathe him more. 

So, yeah, of course I took that chance and ratted out the guy, knowing he had underpaid me and took half my earnings each check-in. He also ordered people to jump me when I sold too much or spent my money too quickly. Sucked, too, 'cause my Ma never got out of our first home. 

After a while of just working as a soldier and working my way up, Zion recognized a lot of talent that I didn't believe I had, which really blew me for culture shock. I had inked the other guys of my sector when they wanted cover-ups or just new shit, and honestly thought I had fucked up bad when I got called in for it. 

But it was the opposite, actually. Got promoted and ended up doing sleeves on almost all of the inner-circle, giving my reputation a hella good boost. They started callin' me Cobra because of my famous snake tats, the ones a lot of the guys got done because it looked sick. And the name just kind of stuck, as well as my risen position. 

And here we are, living in a safe house because Zion took it upon himself to take in the little birdie from down the street, punched her a few times, and attempted murder like it was nothing. I respect the hell out of my boss, though, don't get me wrong. I just really don't understand -nor care- why Zhara Di Maggio is still alive. But hey, I heard she's funny and throws a heated punch, and that she really wasn't as bad as her damned father. 

I decided to chat with her, told her to meet me at 8:30, and now I'm trying to help her find a way to avoid getting killed tonight. 

I heard Xavier talking earlier about how he had a pretty good assumption of what was gonna go down, and from the little heart I have left, I decided that it wasn't fair for her. 

She was right, it was obvious. I had been studying what she had proposed earlier because Zion gave me orders to...I guess- and figured out a bunch of hidden secrets this Slone guy had. 

"You bring in all the facts from your head, don't say shit about me, and a favor for a favor..." I explain, leaning back on the glass wall with my arms crossed as the assassin stared at me quizzically. 

"What's the favor you want?" she asked simply unbothered by my ordering tone that most seemed to be scared of. 

"You let me tattoo you," I stated seriously, watching her eyes widen in surprise, then her lips twitch in humor. 

"Really?" she tilts her head at me, checking behind her and down the north hallway as if she thought someone was gonna pop out and tell her I was joking. 

It was odd, I know, but I always liked tattooing the blank skin, which she has a lot of, and making something out of it for myself and the individual. Not many understood it, and most thought it was weird, but Zhara just seemed surprised at the simplicity of the particular favor. 

I nodded, no emotion seeping into my features as I ran my eyes- modestly- over her body, eyeing the really nicely done flower tattoo flowing in a floral mixture from her hip to her mid-waist below her chest. And the ones on her collarbone and back...which I noticed earlier in Zion's office. 

"Fuck yeah, thanks," she grinned, a sight to see on a girl like her, before looking through the files I handed her again. 

"We got a deal then?" I question, wanting to finalize this and gain as much trust as I could, knowing I wouldn't be first on her assassination list if she decided to snap one day. 

"Sure, Cobra," she shook my hand, "You gonna be at that meeting in twenty minutes?" 

I had to attend, mostly to be a vouge and a guard, but also because I had pulled some strings to hide the evidence of me even speaking to Zhara in the first place. Yeah, maybe it was wrong, but Zion doesn't know how much this information could do with the right person to put it together. That person being the dark-haired girl in front of me. 

"On duty, so yeah," I flicked my chin towards her, "Your back good?" 

Her eyes lost a bit of gleam as I brought it up, but she nodded anyway and looked down at the bandage. 

"Not the first time I've been shot," she smirked lightly, leaning across the wall from me. "What about you, big guy?" 

I arch an eyebrow, silently asking for her to elaborate before I have to answer a question I shouldn't. 

"You ever been shot?" not that the question worried me, but I hoped that the evil grin on her face wasn't meant directly. I thought about it, not commonly able to remember much of the past. 

"Once," I answered shortly, not wanting to touch on the subject. Luckily, she got the memo and nodded, content with the fact I was similar to her in a way. 

Desperate times call for desperate measures, and unfortunately, I took most of those measures for someone who no longer is on my list of people I wouldn't burn alive. But I got over it, as most do when they get stabbed in the back. 

That was sarcasm. 

"I don't know your story, Cobra, but I don't think I need to know it to know you," she stated after a long minute of silence, and my fist clenched in annoyance at her words. I don't want someone to 'know me' in the cliché way. 

I usually despised people that said those types of things, but she kind of came off differently, a more serious and badass version of those sappy words. 

"What's that supposed to mean, Raven?" I noticed the way her back straightened at the name, and her eyes went into slits before humoring her face up again with pursed lips. 

"Don't know, saw it in a movie once," she shrugged, walking away, files in hand, without a second glance in my direction. My eyebrows furrowed at her retreating figure as I pushed myself off the wall in mild frustration. Something about her disappearing presence fucked with my head, nagging something about what she said.

Zion was right. 

Zhara Di Maggio is a damn catch. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

112K 2K 39
"You can't avoid me forever Lara" I chuckled "I'm ignoring you, you idiot" "Is it?" he slowly came towards me and pressed my body with his. Now I'm c...
564K 13.9K 33
[πŒπ€π“π”π‘π„ π‚πŽππ“π„ππ“, 18+] Eric Calloway, the rich badboy, meets Liliana Mendes, the good girl at a party, before senior year. He notices he...
407K 8.4K 33
A crime boss struggles to carry out a vendetta after he falls for the spirited daughter of his enemy. ...
647K 21.4K 64
❝I want to worship you like a queen. Every fucking day. And use you like my little slut. Every fucking night. Together, we can set the world on fire...