Paganini's Puppet | Ryeji

Від Asiandumbass

Yeji is a classically trained violinist from a rich, elite family. Ryujin is a prodigious cellist from a humb... Більше

Manhattan Arts High School
Julliard Pre-College
Julliard Pre-College 2
Concerto Competition
Concerto Competition 2
Imposter
Deal
Sight Reading
Disappointment
Duet Practice
Letter
Progress
Tendinitis
Kiss
Played
Concert
Fluttering
Manhattan Arts Festival
Death's Doorstep
Promise
Confession(s)
Distressed
Touch
Best Friend
The Devil's Violinist
Dead
Trapped
Along With It
Kiss 2
Location
Goodbye
Grief
Results
A/N

FIN

1.2K 64 166
Від Asiandumbass

Third Person POV
After 3 painfully long days of deliberating, the violinist had made her decision. It should've come easier to her, as it had been her ideal choice all along, but of course her girlfriend meant more than anything else in the world to her. She'd taken the time to process their last interaction with one another, believing she was never in the wrong. It was strikingly clear to the both of them what she wanted from the start.

"I...I'm going to Curtis. I'm sorry, Ryujin."

The tense pause between the phone line caused the violinist's anxiety to shoot up. She knew her girlfriend would be unhappy with her decision, mad even.

She heard a deep sigh on the other side.

"Okay...I understand."

The response took the taller girl by surprise, confused at the calm composure of her lover. Little did she know, the cellist had also thought over their last interaction, more so, "overthought it," coming to the conclusion that she herself was in the wrong. After all, her girlfriend's happiness came first, whether it be in a long distance relationship or by each other's side, Yeji's happiness was what mattered most to her.

"You're not mad?"

"...I guess I knew you'd pick Curtis. It's okay...I love you, Yeji. I want you to be happy."

The cat-eyed girl's mouth went agape, shocked at how easily her partner let those 3 words fly out of her mouth.

The slight pause caused a small panic in the other's mind, worried she'd made a mistake in letting the words out."Babe?" She questioned.

The endearment snapped Yeji's attention back to her concerned lover. "AHHH! I love you too!!! I'm coming over."

She hung up the phone, overjoyed by how understanding her girlfriend turned out to be, but more so by the confirmation of their love for one another.

But, as fate would have it, life wouldn't always be sunshine and rainbows. Lovers grow apart, one way or another.

———————————————————————

Ryujin POV
"Heyyyy!!! It looks like you're my roommate for the year!" A jubilant voice caught my attention.

I placed my moving box down and glanced over to the door, spotting a girl who looked around my height with short, black hair.

"Hi, I'm Ryujin," I introduced myself.

"I'm Eunbi," the girl responded.

I offered her a smile and began chatting with her in our dorm. She was easy to talk to, and we effortlessly clicked. At least I'd have nice company at this conservatory. I was afraid of being lonely, not having my girlfriend with me.

Yeji chose to go to Curtis Institute. I don't blame her. She'd worked her whole life to go there. I'm just a little upset that we can't see each other everyday when we could have had she chosen Julliard. But that doesn't matter anymore. We agreed to try to make our relationship work. We'd call each other over the weekends and text as often as possible. It just didn't feel the same as before. It felt...incomplete, lacking.

————————————————————————

Yeji POV
"Hi, I'm Yeji. You must be my roommate, nice to meet you," I introduced myself to the girl standing by our dorm's doorway.

"Hi, I'm Minju." She offered a shy smile.

"Need help unpacking?" I asked.

"That'd be nice..haha."

As time went on, my roommate and I got closer. Minju was easy to get along with. She'd been the person I sought comfort from when I felt lonely, away from my girlfriend. I'd text Ryujin everyday to see how she was doing, and she'd do the same for me. But, after a while, it felt like our spark...disappeared. We both had busy schedules, and it was making us grow very distant at times. During holidays and breaks, we'd spend time together, but it wasn't the same as before. It felt like we were always trying to catch up with one another rather than spending the time as a couple. By the end of our sophomore year in college, we both mutually agreed to take a break from our relationship. We both loved each other, but it wasn't in the romantic sense anymore. At some point, the two of us stopped prioritizing our relationship, focusing more so on our careers and future. Ryujin and I were both moving on, as friends.

————————————————————————

Time Skip 5 Years Later

Ryujin POV
I had worked incredibly hard during my time at Julliard, pushing to make my dreams come true. Admittedly, I was sad when Yeji and I broke off our relationship, but we both agreed it was only right, considering how our lives were too busy to even keep up with one another. Maybe this trade off was worth it, though. I was able to debut as a soloist while studying at the conservatory due to earning recognition for being one of Julliard's rising leaders. I guess you could say I was lucky; very few people make it this far to become soloists.

After graduating, I quickly gained popularity through my outstanding reputation from high school and college. I was finally able to earn a sustainable living, touring and performing with different orchestras around the world.

Years of hard work had finally paid off, and I could now afford anything I needed, or even anything I wanted. After all, most world class soloists make a fortune. Before then, I never had the money to watch live performances or go to concerts. As a reward for myself, I purchased a ticket to watch the New York Philharmonic's 180th anniversary concert, in which they would play my favorite violin concerto: Sibelius.

Maybe I did have a gut feeling that a certain someone would be performing as the soloist. Fate would have brought us together, one way or another.

I glanced up at the stage, sitting in the middle section of the auditorium. The dimly lit and fully packed room made it too hard for the soloist to spot any one individual. On the contrary, the bright, radiant stage made it all too easy for me to recognize the stunning individual before me. I knew those eyes the moment they turned to the audience. That perfect posture and elegant figure. Hwang Yeji had grown even more beautiful since the last time I saw her, if that were even possible.

She stood tall, playing the concerto like a true virtuoso violinist. Her sound had matured, and her playing had become all too perfect. Not even a hint of nervousness was displayed.

Before I realized it, a tear had escaped from my eye. I was so, so happy for her. More than that, I was proud. Proud of her and proud to have known someone so amazing, talented, hardworking, all around perfect...perfect to me. She deserved the world, and she earned it. The biggest smile came over my face knowing...We both made it.

————————————————————————

Yeji POV
A loud applause erupted after my bow flew from the string, ending the piece.

I turned to the audience to see a standing ovation. The clapping and chittering of the audience confirmed my successful debut. The lights of the auditorium came back on, illuminating the faces of the cheerful, satisfied crowd. I scanned the audience, taking in their pleased expressions and feeling proud of myself. As my head turned, my eyes landed on an all too familiar figure. Ryujin.

She flashed her gorgeous whisker-dimpled smile at me, while I stood, both shocked and elated to see her. The world class cellist, Shin Ryujin, watching me, an up and coming soloist, perform. Took you long enough to come see me, dummy. I smiled, feeling my heart jump excitedly from seeing her.

I took a bow and shook hands with the conductor and concertmaster before walking off stage. I was feeling euphoric, overwhelmed by the positive outcome of my performance. But, what I wanted most at the moment was to catch up with my ex-lover, or rather, my best friend. I bid my farewell to the orchestra and conductor, heading off to grab my things and leave.

"Wait, don't go." I texted Ryujin, having never deleted her number despite falling out of contact due to our busy schedules.

"Not going anywhere, silly. I'm by the front door." She responded almost instantly.

My smile grew wider from reading the text. "I'll meet you there, then :)"

Third Person POV
The pair decided to drive to a restaurant together, both agreeing they needed to catch up. The violinist drove them to her favorite spot, wanting to treat herself and the person she missed the most. The cellist, on the other hand, sat in the passenger seat, observing the taller girl as they arrived to the location.

She gazed at the cat-eyes, admiring them just as she had first done over a decade ago. She wondered how their lives, futures may have turned out different had the both of them gone to the same music school. Would they have still been a couple? Could they have spent the rest of their lives together? These were the questions that lingered in her mind as she marveled at her beautiful past lover.

"You done staring?" The violinist teased.

"I guess some things never change," the cellist responded, smiling back.

"Come on, we have a lot of catching up to do."

Both musicians exited the car and walked to the restaurant's entrance.

"After you." The cellist motioned her hand, allowing the cat-eyed girl to enter the restaurant first like a true gentlewoman.

The same question pondered in both of the ex-lovers' minds as they sat facing one another. Could the pair fall back into a relationship, the way they were before they had gone their separate ways? Only time could tell.

FIN

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

37.5K 2.1K 42
"Here, flowers for you" ❤️ Started on: 17.07.2021 Ended on: 31.07.2021
47.6K 1.8K 55
her, it's always been her. Shin Ryujin. Hwang Yeji worked at a small cafe shop near at her house. Shin Ryujin was a successful soloist in an industry...
2.3K 56 11
Yeji and Ryujin are K-pop idols from a girl group called ITZY. One of them is head over heels for the other, while the other is trying to push their...
30.1K 1.3K 20
Songs are my kind of escapism. Do you want to be one? -Shin Ryujin You are really a cheesy dumbass. -Hwang Yeji