transparency | n. mikaelson

By blsunley

Mystic Falls had a history that Amity Romero was unaware of in her move back to the small town. Being convinc... More

──✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰*.:。✧*.。:。*.。✱ ──
time machine
transparent soul
feeling whitney
mrs magic
pluto projector
i was all over her
moment
my kind of woman
pope is a rockstar
looking out for you
i bet on losing dogs
blondie
worldstar money
i wanna be yours
sex money feelings die
godspeed
what once was
i'm not angry anymore
feel better
romeo and juliet
transparency

running out of time

671 18 8
By blsunley

"Amity, walk with me." I raised an eyebrow slightly as Elijah began to walk away, waiting for me to follow. I stood up from the chair I was sitting in, beginning to follow as he made his way outside into the backyard. "How long have you and Niklaus known each other?"

I shrugged. "Like a month or so? He sort of kidnapped me my first night back in Mystic Falls." I watched as Elijah slightly chuckled.

"That sounds about right. Niklaus never knows how to correctly introduce himself." We continued to walk, beginning to walk down a path that led to the woods. "Are you lovers?"

I coughed slightly, the statement catching me off guard. "Oh, god no. Not at all. He's a murderous vampire and I'm a human who happens to be stuck with him." 

Elijah smiled once more. "That's good news. I hoped he wouldn't force himself onto you once he eventually found you."

"Found me? What do you mean?"

Elijah shook his head. "That isn't my story to tell, Amity. However, I do hope Niklaus tells you soon, as it is very interesting." We continued to walk in silence, the trees around us acting like a thick cover from the outside world. 

"What's it like?"

"Hmm?" The original looked at me questionably.

"What's it like to be daggered, if you don't mind me asking?"

"I guess," He shook his head slightly. "It would be like what the teenagers today refer to as 'totes boring.'" I laughed slightly. "It's just a frightening space between states of being. Sort of like sleep paralysis, in a way. I have no memory of it, sort of like teleporting through time."

We came to a stop in front of a clearing, a fallen log acting as a seat as Elijah sat down, motioning for me to join him. I sat, smiling. "You seem to be a lot nicer than Nik."

"Of course I am. Unlike Niklaus, I know how to be civilized." I laughed slightly. "Tell me about you, Amity. You must be quite the interesting figure to have held my brother's attention for this long."

I shrugged. "I'm just a normal human. Hanging out in Mystic Falls."

I watched a smirk reach Elijah's face as we made eye contact. "Amity, you are anything but a normal human. I hope one day you get to see yourself as others see you because you are absolutely beautiful." I became slightly shocked at his words before he realized what he said, surprising himself. "Let's return to the house, shall we?"

He stood up, waiting for me to join him before we made our way back to the mansion.

──✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰*.:。✧*.。:。*.。✱ ──

"Niklaus, our guests have arrived." I watched from the lounge chair in the corner of the room as Damon and Stefan entered behind Elijah, Klaus welcoming them.

"Damon. Stefan. Elijah tells me you seek an audience. Very bold. Let's discuss the terms of our agreement like civilized men, shall we?" The hybrid motioned to the table that was in the middle of the room.

Elijah began to make his way to the middle of the room. "It's better to indulge him."

"I didn't come here to eat, Klaus." I chuckled at Stefan's statement, attempting to silence it by a cough. He looked at me with a scowl before continuing. "In fact, I didn't want to come here at all, but I was told I had to because you would hear us out."

The hybrid hummed out a chuckle before replying. "Well, we can sit and eat," He began making his way over to his seat at the table. "Or I can reach down your throats and pull out your insides." He took a seat, smiling. "The choice is yours."

I made eye contact with Elijah, him smiling at me before the Salvatore brothers sat down, making the original vampire follow their actions. Food was placed onto the plates by the women who were compelled to be there, as well as wine glasses being filled.

Damon thanked one of the women before Klaus began a conversation. "Lost your appetite?" He was referring to Stefan, who hadn't even picked up his cutlery.

"Eat. I thought we agreed to leave the grumpy Stefan at home." The raven-haired vampire had sarcasm evident in his voice, his brother unwillingly picking up the cutlery that was beside his plate.

Klaus looked to Stefan, pleased. "That's the spirit. Isn't this nice? The four of us dining together. Such a treat. Is this what you had in mind when you pulled the dagger out of my brother?"

"Well, I knew how he felt about you so I figured the more, the merrier."

Elijah glanced at me, smiling at me once more as his brother began to speak. "Elijah and I have had our share of quarrels over the years, but we always make it through." The hybrid turned his attention to Elijah, his eyes still on me. "Isn't that right, Elijah?"

The original vampire brought his attention away from me, nodding to his brother when Stefan continued the conversation. "Kind of like you and Rebekah, right? Where is she, by the way? Last I checked she was still daggered because you were afraid to face her."

The mood dropped as Klaus replied, his cheery mood evidently gone. "If you're referring to the fact that Rebekah knows I killed our mother, I've already come clean to Elijah."

"Hey, Stef, remember when you killed Dad? You might want to dial down the judgment till dessert." I giggled at his statement, Damon looking over at me before Stefan re-grabbed his attention.

"We're here to make a deal, Damon. Doesn't mean we need to kiss his ass for seven courses." I spotted Elijah's eyes on me once more, me returning the smile before Damon began to speak once more.

"I'm just saying, we have a long evening ahead of us. Pace yourself."

The conversation dissolved to silence, all focussing on eating their meals. I continually caught Elijah's eyes on me, them looking elsewhere as soon as we made eye contact. I could see Klaus noticing it, him becoming more and more agitated as time went on. 

After about five minutes, Elijah couldn't stand the silence any longer, deciding to create more conversation. "Stefan, where is the lovely Elena tonight?"

"I don't know. Ask Damon." Klaus and I laughed in unison at the brown-haired vampire's response, confusion evident on Elijah's face as Klaus filled him in.

"I'm sorry, you missed so much. Uh- trouble in paradise."

"One more word about Elena, and this dinner is over." I chuckled at Stefan's comment, Damon pitching in.

"Hey, you know what? Probably best just to keep Elena in the do not discuss pile."

"Yeah, you're probably right." Klaus seemed proud of himself, his mischievous grin showing through his tone. "It's just, the allure of the Petrova doppelganger is still so strong. What do you say, brother? Shall we tell them about Tatia?"

Elijah took his eyes off of me as he replied. "Now, why should we discuss matters long since resolved?"

"Well, given their shared affection of both Elena and Katerina our guests might be curious to learn about the originator of the Petrova line, as well as the fact that I've seen your stolen glances to Amity all night." Elijah cleared his throat as Damon noticed the tension, speaking up.

"We're not going anywhere, Elijah. Please, do tell."

Elijah began to speak, the unwillingness evident in his voice. "When our family first settled here, there was a girl named Tatia. She was an exquisite beauty." He stopped for a moment as if looking for the correct words. "Every boy of age desired to be her suitor, even though she'd had a child by another man. And none loved her more than Niklaus."

I could see Klaus' head tilt slightly, which was likely due to him smirking. "Oh, I'd say there was one who loved her at least as much."

"Wait a minute, so you both loved the same girl?" Stefan was basking in the story, a smirk clear on his face from where I was sitting.

Elijah looked at me, smiling before continuing his story. "Our mother was a very powerful witch. She sought to end our feud over Tatia and so she took her. Klaus and I would later learn that it was Tatia's blood that we consumed in the wine on the night where our mother performed a spell which turned us into vampires." He took a drink before continuing. "Tatia wouldn't make a decision between the two of us so for a time, Niklaus and I grew estranged. Harsh words were traded. We even came to blows, didn't we, brother?"

Elijah turned the conversation over to Klaus, who continued. "But, in the end, we recognized the sacred bond of family." Elijah looked to me once again before grabbing his wine.

"Family above all."

"Family above all." The original brothers clinked their glasses. I stood up, smiling at Elijah before making my way out of the room. "Amity, love, where are you off to?" I looked to the hybrid, his eyes wandering my body. 

"This conversation bores me, Nik. and I'm going to go call my uncle, who is in town."

I left the room, walking into the room that held the coffins and taking out my phone. I pressed the dial button, it ringing a few times before answering.

"Amity?"

"Uncle Bill? How are you? I heard you were in town." The line went silent a few moments.

"Yeah, I have been a few days. Look, I'm a bit busy right now, could I call you back later?" I frowned.

"Sure, Bill."

"Thank you, Amity. Send your mother my love."

"I will. I love you, Uncle Bill."

"I love you too, Amity. Remember that." The line immediately went dead, making my mood drop. I could hear banging in the room I had just left, but I decided to ignore it before Elijah and Damon entered, shocked to see me there. Damon sped over to me, holding me in a headlock.

"Try anything, and I'll kill you right here." My eyes widened as I looked at Elijah opening each coffin, removing the dagger from each. 

"Elijah, what are you doing? Klaus said he would-" Damon's arm around my neck tightened, cutting off what I was saying before I saw Elijah place a drop of blood into each coffin, color returning to the bodies as Elijah smiled to himself. 

They all sat up one by one, eyeing me before Elijah spoke up. "Niklaus is occupied in the next room over. He has been particularly evil recently, so I ask that you all come with me to another place, leaving him behind with nothing except his own lonely mind."

All of them agreed immediately before Rebekah looked at me. "What about her?"

"She'll be coming with us since Klaus seems to be particularly interested in her." I went to yell out, Damon placing a hand on my mouth as I squirmed in his arms.

"And the doppelganger?" I saw Elijah smirk.

"I'll allow you to have your revenge, sister. Now you all stay here for a few moments, Rebekah, ensure Amity doesn't escape."

The blonde looked to me, smiling before Elijah and Damon left the room, two daggers in Elijah's palm.

"I can't believe he kept you around, personally." 

"I can. She's absolutely gorgeous." I looked to Rebekah's left, seeing another one of Klaus' brothers.

"Don't be a creep, Kol." I could feel my fast heartbeat in my chest, all of them looking at me like I was something to eat. 

"Don't be scared, doll. I promise you I wouldn't let them eat something as pretty as you." 

"Look, Nik was doing what he thought was best for all of you. He was keeping you daggered until Mikael was dead and then Stefan-" I watched Rebekah's demeanor change as I used the name Nik.

"Quiet, I don't care for your sob story. Nik has crossed us all, and payback has been a long time coming."

I went to speak up once more as all of their attention turned to the door, the brother who I hadn't learned the name of smiling. "It's time to get revenge. 900 years coming."

They all sped away, and I began to run to the room, seeing him in front of Rebekah with a dagger in his stomach. "This is for our mother."

I gasped as he was flung back to Kol, who grabbed him before Elijah began speaking to the Salvatore brothers once more. "You're free to go. This is family business."

I watched as Elijah walked over to me, smiling. "Amity, I need you to return to your room."

"What? No! Get off of him!" I went running toward Klaus, Elijah holding me back as the rest of the siblings basked in his pain. "Stop it!" 

I heard Elijah chuckle before all of the siblings stopped, allowing Klaus to lean on the table before circling him like sharks. Elijah held me in his grip, turning me to look at Klaus who looked at me with sadness. 

Rebekah walked over to the top of the fireplace, smiling. "I like what you've done with the new place, Nik." She picked up a glass vase, throwing it at a painting on the wall which fell as the vase shattered.

"I wanted it to be for all of us. A place we could call home. A place we could all be a family. None of us would ever have to be alone again." Elijah released his grip on me, making his way over to Klaus as I stayed still, noticing Kol staring at me.

"Well, you're right. None of us will be." 

They all began to make their way to the entryway, the brother who I wasn't aware of the name for speaking up as he grabbed onto me. "You're staying behind."

I attempt to get out of his grip, it being no use. "Get off of me!"

I could sense the sadness in Rebekah's voice as she spoke to him from beside me. "We're leaving you, Nik, and bringing Amity with us. All your searching would've been for nothing. Right after I kill that doppelganger wench. Then you will be alone. Always and forever.

The hybrid looked at me, tears falling from my eyes, before talking. "If you run, I will hunt all of you down."

"And then you'll become everything you hate." Elijah looked at me for a moment before continuing. "Our father."

"I'm the hybrid! I can't be killed!" I could see the tears forming in his eyes. "I have nothing to fear from any of you."

"You will when we have that coffin." Klaus' face dropped at Elijah's statement, him shaking with anger. 

Everyone turned as the door opened, a blonde woman entering which caused Klaus' to gasp. They all were shocked, Finn's grip on me loosening as I pulled away, running over to Klaus. He wrapped his arms around me before placing me behind him. 

"Mother." I could hear the surprise in Rebekah's voice as the woman made her way over to Klaus and me. He was crying, his hand tightly holding mine as he looked down. 

"Look at me." He hesitantly looked at the woman before he continued. "Do you know why I'm here?"

"You're here to kill me." Klaus' voice was barely a whisper.

"Niklaus, you are my son. And I am here to forgive you." I could sense his relief as the woman turned back to the rest of her children. "I want us to be a family again."

──✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰*.:。✧*.。:。*.。✱ ──

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 60 12
Azalea Montgomery is a hybrid. The first and only of her kind. what happens when her best best friend calls her to mystic falls to help him fight an...
95.3K 2.2K 16
After becoming a vampire, Elena grows angry with the Salvatore brothers. She leaves mystic falls to visit a certain original but is in need of a favo...
46.4K 1.5K 21
After finding herself in the fictional town of Mystic Falls 1994, a young woman makes a deal with the only witch she'll ever truly trust and departs...
21.3K 249 28
For a thousand years, Keira has been the baby of the family. Centuries ago in what would later be the supernatural town of Mystic Falls, Virginia, t...