๐’๐ˆ๐‘๐„๐, แต–แต‰แตƒแตสธ แต‡หกโฑ...

By -fairyxkiss

"๐ฆ๐š๐ฒ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ซ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ž ๐ข๐ง ๐ก๐ž๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐š ๐ฐ๐ก๐จ๐ฅ๐ž ๐ก๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ ๐›๐ž๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐๐ž๐ฏ๐ข๐ฅ ๐ค๐ง๐จ๐ฐ๐ฌ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ... More

๐ฉ๐ฅ๐š๐ฒ๐ฅ๐ข๐ฌ๐ญ
๐ฉ๐ซ๐จ๐ฅ๐จ๐ ๐ฎ๐ž
๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ
๐˜ต๐˜ธ๐˜ฐ
๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ
๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ
๐˜ง๐˜ช๐˜ท๐˜ฆ
๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜น
๐˜ฆ๐˜ช๐˜จ๐˜ฉ๐˜ต
๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ
๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ
๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ
๐˜ต๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ
๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ณ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ
๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ
๐˜ง๐˜ช๐˜ง๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ
๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜น๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ
๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ
๐ฉ๐ฅ๐š๐ฒ๐ฅ๐ข๐ฌ๐ญ ๐Ÿ.๐ŸŽ
๐ฉ๐ซ๐จ๐ฅ๐จ๐ ๐ฎ๐ž ๐Ÿ.๐ŸŽ
๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ
๐˜ต๐˜ธ๐˜ฐ
๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ
๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ
๐˜ง๐˜ช๐˜ท๐˜ฆ
๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜น
๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ
๐˜ฆ๐˜ช๐˜จ๐˜ฉ๐˜ต
๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ
๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ
๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ
๐˜ต๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ
๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ณ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ
๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ
๐˜ง๐˜ช๐˜ง๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ

๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ

6.2K 212 44
By -fairyxkiss

"How's that for equality?"

*•*

Hearing a knock on her office door diverted the business woman's attention from the paperwork in front of her as she called out a quiet, "Come in."

Nicholas opened up the door, pushing his glasses further up his nose absentmindlessly as he looked from the folder in his hand to the young woman, "Orders are packed and ready for dispersal for Cheltenham, Miss Morelli."

A grin rose on her lips as she fiddled with her pen, "Great," leaning back into her seat, she crossed her leg over the other, "I have a feeling it's going to be a spiraling day."

"With Billy Kimber and Thomas Shelby in one room, there's bound to be some difficulty." Nic confessed as he gave a deadpan look towards the Morelli woman before he left the office.

Finishing up the last few documentation she had to look over, she got up from her chair walking over to her coat hanger. As she slipped an arm through her coat, a knock sounded and soon after a distressed Kennedy came rushing in, "Good, you're here," catching her breath, she stared wide eyed at Leticia, "Mister Kimber is on his way."

A calm Lettie raised her eyebrows in calm astonishment as she put her coat on all the way adjusting the lapels, "He must've figured out Mister Thomas Shelby was fixing his races."

The Morelli woman was fairly impressed at the Shelby man's plan and how well it was being executed. Grabbing the attention of Kimber was the first step to domination and he was getting closer and closer to his goal.

Scoffing out a breath in incredulity, she walked to her desk to grab a piece of paper and a writing utensil. As she was writing, the nineteen year old crossed her arms, "You're going to warn, Mister Shelby?"

Leticia folded the piece of paper, stuffing it into her coat pocket, "Have to earn his trust somehow," looking to Kennedy with a smirk, her eyes shown bright with mischief, "It'd be convenient to have the Peaky Blinders on our payroll, would it not?"

Kennedy shook her head, her own smirk appearing on her lips, "Ossie still doesn't like this."

Leticia sighed loudly, "Ossie doesn't like much of anything." Rounding her desk, Lettie gazed at the woman with trust, "Watch over the shop while I'm gone."

Kennedy nodded her head sending a farewell. Saying a quick thanks to the younger woman, Leticia walked out of her office into the bustling room of workers. Nodding at anyone who greeted her, she walked out the door heading towards the exit of her currently being remodeled store.

Strolling the dark streets of Small Heath to the Garrison, she took a guess hoping the Shelby man would be there. Pushing her way through the double doors, the sound of voices singing pierced through her ears. Leticia's heels on the hardwood floor caught the attention of Grace who looked up.

"What brings you in today, Lettie?" The Burgess woman sent a smile to her friend in greeting.

"Business, Grace." Leticia held her handbag between her fingers.

"Grace," Harry called out, "Take these drinks to the Shelby's in the back room, would ya?"

Walking over to take the tray on the counter, Grace went to pick it up but before she could get far Leticia took it from her hands gently, "I got it, dear. You've got your hands full."

Grace stared dumbfounded. She was a little upset because it gave her the perfect chance to get closer to the blue eyed man, but now that was just another chance that was taken away. Plastering on a convincing smile, the barmaid grinned albeit forcefully. Sending a nod towards the woman, the hazel eyed beauty turned on her heel heading towards the back door. Tightening her arm around her handbag that was placed in the crook of her arm, she twisted the door handle expertly balancing the tray. The presence of the Morelli woman caused an uproar from two Shelby men when they caught sight of her.

"Ah, Voodoo Lass. Good to see ya pretty face, darling." Arthur exclaimed gruffly waving his cards in the air, "You a barmaid now?"

Setting the tray on the table, she handed out the drinks with a laugh, "Just for tonight it seems."

When it came to Thomas's drink, she set the folded paper under his cup in front of him but the man didn't notice for his eyes were still on the Morelli woman since she walked in.

John took his toothpick out of his mouth, "What do you say, Lettie. Stay and play a round of cards."

Grabbing her bag from the crook of her arm, she brought it back in front of her between her hands, "Sorry, boys, will have to take a rain check."

Shifting her ochre orbs to the main Shelby man she came for, she quizzically quirked an eyebrow, "No whiskey today? Good choice."

Squinting his eyes in slight confusion, Thomas went to grab his glass from the table to take a drink. His eye caught the small white paper laying open on the table. Looking up to the woman, she snuck a glance at the corner of her eye with a slight nod of her head as Arthur spoke up.

"Why no whiskey, Tommy? Are you expecting trouble?"

The blue eyed man took the hint completely ignoring his oldest brothers words as he slyly opened the paper under the table reading what was written:
The King is near.

Crumbling the paper in his hand, he caught the Morelli woman's eye with a nod of his own head in acknowledgment.

At that moment the singing from the pubs visitors grew louder, screeching through the walls of the building. John scrunched his nose in what looked like he was in pain, "Jesus Christ, Tommy, what the hell made you let them sing?"

Leticia stopped her proud grin from growing by biting her lip. Thomas stole a quick glance at the hazel eyed beauty thinking back to the coin toss that seemed like it happened a millennium ago.

"They sound like they're strangling cats out there." John continued as Leticia leaned across the table to ruff up his hair playfully.

"Why don't you join them, John boy. You'd fit right in." Swatting her hand away at her teasing, he glared at her mimicking her words like a child.

Thomas lit a cigarette, rolling his eyes at his brothers and the woman in the room, "All right, twenty to play. Come on."

Sending a spellbinding smile to the three brothers, she said, "Enjoy, boys. Cheerio."

Thomas stared at her retreating figure blowing the smoke out past his lips. When she left the room, his attention was brought back to the table. Both brothers didn't miss the longing gaze this time.

"What did make you change your mind though, Tommy?" Arthur asked holding his cards secretly in his hands.

Taking his silence as their answer, the two brothers looked at each other with an all knowing smirk. John pat his brother on the arm in a jovial manner, "It's about time, Tommy."

The blue eyed man shook his head nonchalantly, not giving anything away, "Time for what?"

John shrugged as Arthur leaned his arm across the back of his chair, "Time you took yourself a woman. That one there is a wild thing, Thomas, fits right in."

"Just play the bloody hands." Thomas announced wanting the conversation to be done with.

Arthur laughed, "You stay the way you are, Tommy. Remember what dad used to say."

"Fast women and slow horses..." John piped in as well, "will ruin your life."

A closed mouth smile appeared on his face at his brothers words, the thought of Leticia quickly crossing his mind.

Meanwhile, outside of the back room and in the mirthful pub, Leticia sat at the counter stool in conversation with Grace.

"I have a few dresses in mind that'll look perfect on you." Lettie proclaimed. Just thinking about the articles of clothing that she designed brightened up her mood.

Grace smiled but shook her head in thought, "If they are not in the color red, apparently I can't wear it."

"Red, hm?" The brunette tried picturing all of her red collections, a certain blood red dress coming forth to the front of her mind, "I think you are in luck."

Grace looked to the curly headed woman thankfully, "I'll stop by tomorrow evening after my shift, if that's all right."

Leticia was about to agree until the sound of the Garrison doors busting open grabbed everyone's attention, the singing from the pub halting immediately at the newcomers.

"Holy shit," Leticia and Grace craned their heads to look at Harry as he spoke, "It's Billy Kimber."

"The king is here." Lettie mumbled with a tap of her nails on the counter waiting any minute for the man himself to walk through the doors.

Grace grew tense at the memory of Thomas bringing to her attention who Billy Kimber was.

Just then the said man walked into the pub, standing in front of his men in a guarded stance, "Is there any man here named Shelby?"

No one said a word, complete silence enveloped the room until a gunshot sounded. The sight of Kimber pointing his gun to the ceiling alarming everyone in the bar. Raising his voice louder, he repeated, "I said, is there any man here named Shelby?"

Not even seconds later, the back room door opened revealing Thomas, John, and Arthur. The blue eyed man stared at Billy Kimber in a deadly calm manner until he turned his attention to behind the counter, "Harry, get these men a drink. Everyone else, go home!"

Men and women in the Garrison got up and scattered their way out of the pub. Leticia took her glass in her hand, knocking her drink back in one gulp. Standing up from her stool just as Tommy told Grace to go home, she linked arms with the woman stopping the words that were about to leave the barmaids mouth.

"Let's go decide on that dress, yes?" She whispered pulling her away, she caught a final glance at Thomas who stared at her in silent gratitude of them both leaving the building.

"I've never approved of women in pubs, but when they look like that..." Billy Kimber announced suggestively. Turning his greedy eyes to the brunette beside the blonde, he pointed in recognition, "Stop, you in the black," Thomas instantly tensed, raising his eyes to give a hard stare to the Kimber man.

"Do I know you?" Halting her steps, she turned around to give the man a closed mouth grin.

"I don't know, sir. Do you?"

Snapping his fingers, he thought aloud, "Yes, yes. You own that shop my wife is always begging me to drive miles for," raking his eyes over her figure in a non discreet way, he smiled creepily, "Right, I just might have to take a look myself. I'll come by to pick out a nice dress she'll love, yeah?"

Trying to contain her disgust at his behavior, she forced an enchanting smile to curve on her red painted lips, "Of course. Come by tomorrow morning, I would be happy to help, Mister Kimber."

Thomas cleared his throat, bringing his lit cigarette to his mouth, "You best be going then."

"Right." Giving a final nod, she pulled herself and the quiet Burgess woman out of the pub. When they got out onto the streets, Leticia shuddered in disgust, "Fuckin' pig."

"That's the man who'll be at the races? Now I have something not to look forward to." Grace said unhappily already tired of dealing with gross men who try and get at her at the Garrison.

"Don't fret, Grace. If he pulls anything, just kick him in his crowned jewels. That's what I'd do." Miss Burgess let out a breath of laughter at her words. Clinging tighter to the Morelli woman, the barmaid pouted in disappointment.

"Oh, I wish you were coming, Lettie."

Keeping her gaze forward, the curly headed brunette grinned, "Wish granted. Lucky for you I am attending the grand affair."

Grace looked to the woman in surprise, "Really? What for? You betting on a horse?"

Her hazel eyes twinkled mysteriously, with a smirk she replied, "Business, Grace. Always business."

Grace rolled her eyes at her cryptic words. She's never going to get anything out of the Morelli woman she was sure. What a mysterious woman she was.

***********

In the Garrison, Thomas had just tossed a bullet with his name carved into it over to a furious Billy Kimber who caught it.

"Look at it." Thomas demanded, "That is my name in it. It's from the Lee family."

His cold blue eyes never strayed, "You are also at war with the Lee's, Mister Kimber, am I right?"

Kimber walked closer curiously wanting to hear what the Shelby man had to say now that he had his undivided attention.

"The Lee's are attacking your bookies and taking your money. Your men can't control them. You need help." Thomas finalized knowing full well his proposition would be thought over.

"Perhaps we should listen to what Mister Shelby has to say. Before we make our decision." The accountant spoke up politely in suggestion.

Taking that as his cue, Thomas explained more in depth, "Right. The Lee's are doing a lot of talking at the fairs. They have a lot of kin. They're saying the race tracks are easy meat because the police are busy with strikes."

Smirking slightly, Thomas continued happy to have Billy Kimber exactly where he wanted, "Now, we have connections. I have a person who knows the ins and outs. We know how they operate."

The young Morelli woman passed through his head for the second time that day. The thought of one upping the king had never been more delightful. The key to it all was the enigma of a woman who happened to follow him everywhere even if she wasn't physically there.

Gesturing towards Kimber's men, Thomas brushed off easily, "You have muscle. Together, we can beat them. Divided, maybe not."

The only accountant in the room sat in contemplation as he turned his head slightly to acknowledge the man he works for, "Mister Kimber, perhaps we should take some time for reflection, possibly make arrangements for a second meeting."

Thomas stood up straighter, getting ready to butter up the man across from him, "I admire you, Mister Kimber. You started with nothing and built a legitimate business. It would be an honor to work with you, Mister Kimber."

Looking around the room, Billy Kimber expressed defiantly, "Nobody works with me. People work for me," digging into his pocket, he retrieved a coin that he threw into the air, the sound of it hitting the floor ringing through the space, "Pick it up, pikey."

Thomas stared at the coin in a calm, stoic demeanor. Keeping his usual hard stone glare painted on his face, he went to bend down but immediately pointed at John who immediately got up from his seat, "Sit... sit down."

"It's for your ceiling." Kimber announced cockily as he turned to walk away, his men following close behind.

Sloping the coin in his pocket, Thomas called out, "Thank you, Mister Kimber."

Before he walked out, Kimber spoke to his men, "Come on. I have a shop to stop by tomorrow which means we have to come back to this retched town."

Thomas clenched his jaw at the thought of Billy Kimber anywhere near Leticia. The thought left him feeling uneasy as he smoked his cigarette.

"We'll be at Cheltenham." The accountant confessed standing in front of Thomas.

"As will I." Nodding at his words, the man with glasses placed his hat on his head and left the building leaving only the Shelby men and Peaky Blinder members.

Tossing his drink back, the blue eyed man turned to his brothers. The games were about to begin.

***********

The next couple days flew by for the Morelli woman. Business had been busy she felt she hadn't had time for herself and she knew her friends felt the same. That's why she decided to take her crew to the Garrison for a round of drinks. The group deserved a break.

Opening the doors of the pub, the brunette saw the sight of a certain barmaid leaned against the door with her ear on the wall. Squinting her eyes in suspicion, Lettie cleared her throat to grab the blonde woman's attention, "Hello, Grace," the Burgess woman jumped away from the door in surprise, patting her skirt down acting like she wasn't just caught in the act of spying.

"A round of whiskey, please." Grace nodded, heading to the shelves to pour the drinks for the group of people that came through the door.

All the Siren women, except for Kennedy who would be joining later, took a seat at a nearby table including some of the men who joined in after work. Right as Leticia took a seat, a door opened and the sound of singing made everyone's head turn. Two men walked out of the back room with Thomas Shelby trailing right behind.

The drunken Irish man was dragged out of the pub by his friend as Thomas called out, "All right, boys, when I know who knows what about what, I'll let you know."

Turning around with a small smile in disbelief at the interesting conversation that he had just minutes before, he eyed the pub seeing a mop of curly hair surrounded by a group of individuals before walking to the counter to ask for a drink.

"Great, a Shelby's here." Ossie cheered in a dull tone grabbing his drink from the middle of the table that Grace had dropped off.

Nina rolled her eyes at his antics, "Not today. Save it for tomorrow, today we relax."

"Amen." Lilith spoke, raising her drink in the air as every woman clinked their drinks with hers before taking a drink.

Chatter ensued amongst the group. Booming laughs were shared, singing commenced, and jokes were spewed. It was a good time for all.

Feeling a burning gaze on her back, the hazel eyed beauty looked over her shoulder to see the Shelby man now out of the back room leaning against the bar counter with a glass in his hand and a cigarette dangling from his lips. Nodding his head to the back room, he beckoned her over indicating he needed to talk to her.

Excusing herself from the table, she stood up. Seeing Don take a step closer to her, she shook her head, "No need, Don. He's harmless."

Don nodded his head, keeping his hands in front of him never off guard. Eyeing him with a tilt of her head, she scolded playfully, "And have a drink, loosen up a little."

Florence passed a drink to the man as Ossie patted his back in encouragement. Ossie already didn't like the idea of Leticia working with Thomas, but no matter how many times he voiced it she brushed it off as nothing to worry about.

Her heels clacked on the floor as she followed behind the blue eyed man into the back room. Opening the door for her, she walked in first taking a seat at the table. Shutting the door, Thomas took the seat opposite of her.

Grabbing the cigarette that he offered, she leaned forward for him to light it. Exhaling the chemical smoke, she licked her dry lips, "You taking up business with the Irish as well?"

"They have their suspicions about the crate." Thomas didn't beat around the bush, needing the woman on board.

Sitting up straighter, she crossed one leg over the other, "They want them?"

Nodding his head in thought, he stared blankly at the cup in his hand. Bringing the cigarette back to his lips, he cleared his throat, "That's not why I called you in here."

Raising her eyebrows, she tapped her heel on the floor, "Yeah? Then why am I here, Thomas."

"Arthur will be taking you to the races." Thomas announced not wanting any questions asked.

Staring blankly at the man in front of her, she ashed her white stick, "You mind explaining to me what the fuck for?"

Expecting nothing less of an answer from the woman, he explained his point, "You're a negotiator. You have a way with words that'll make a man bend his knee. I need that particular skill at the table when I speak with Billy Kimber."

Fiddling with her thumb and ring finger as her cigarette burned between her fingers, she scoffed out a breath, "Is that truly why you want me there? Or do you want me to be a little whore for Kimber," discarding her chemical stick in the ashtray she scooted her chair back, abruptly getting up with an irritated scowl, "What? Grace not enough that you need another woman by your side like a decorative piece for that man to fawn over?"

She may have been overreacting to some, but the thought of it had repulsed her to no end.

Heading for the door, she stopped once a hand grabbed her forearm spinning her around. Bending his head down to become eye level with the hazel eyed beauty, "Hey, hey," catching her eyes he held them with an honest intensity, "Kimber recognized you the other night. You've aided his wife at your shop, he'll use that to his advantage," grabbing her chin between his fingers to turn her attention back to his, he continued, "You're clever, Lettie. You can beat him at his own game...help me do that."

Biting her lip in thought, the brunettes golden browns stayed on his blue ones. A small smirk appeared on his lips, "You said build trust, eh? Trust me."

A moment passed, Leticia finally nodding her head in agreement. Releasing her chin, he stood up straight, "Alright?"

"Alright." She voiced never diverting eye contact with the Shelby man.

Slightly tilting his head to the right, he teased, "You still have that look like you want to tear me head off."

"Still debating." Leticia mumbled diverting her attention to the wall.

Tommy smirked at her answer before taking a step back to allow some room. The Morelli woman leaned her weight onto her left leg, "I'll be there. Though I won't be needing Arthur as an escort. I was already planning on attending, but now that I have to fit you into my tight schedule, my day will be much busier. Thank you for that."

Catching the woman before she left out the door, he spoke curiously, "What business do you have at Cheltenham?"

With her hand on the door handle, she looked at Thomas over her shoulder with a sly grin, "Now that is none of your business, Mister Shelby."

Opening up the door to exit, Thomas sprung forward placing a hand on the door over her head to shut it close. Closing her eyes in impatience, she stayed facing the door feeling the blue eyed man come closer to the side of her face, his lips near her ear.

"Y'know, no one dare speaks to me in the way you do," he tauntingly drawled out, his words piercing sharply as his deep tone echoed through one ear and out the other, "and gets away with it."

Turning her head slightly, her lips close to his cheek due to their proximity, "I'd say get used to it...but something tells me you'd wouldn't like that either."

Jutting his tongue out to lick his bottom lip in aggravation. Thomas opened his mouth to rebuttal, but suddenly, a loud commotion coming from outside the door drew their attention away instantly breaking the tension. Opening the door, Leticia stepped out with a stone faced Thomas following right behind. Looking at the scene before her, the Morelli woman's blood began to boil. The sight of Liam storming through the place in a frantic state didn't ease her nerves one bit.

He walked to the table that was full with Siren members, thrashing his hands out in anger, "Where is she?!"

Ossie immediately stood up, holding a hand to the mans chest, "Calm down, eh? Don't make a scene."

Roughly pushing his hands off of his chest, the raging man caught himself before he tripped over his own feet, "Fuck off! Where is she, huh?"

Bringing his stare to every individual in the room, his eyes finally landed on the woman who would know the answer to his question. Pointing a finger out aggressively at his current target, he stalked over to the woman. The Shelby man swiftly stepped in front of the Morelli woman, his hands settled comfortably in his trouser pockets making the mans movements come to a halt.

"Where is Kennedy, Leticia?" Liam spit out, wandering where his love had been for weeks after finally reaching his tipping point.

Leticia stepped forwards bringing her hand to Thomas's arm to push him back lightly, "Which Liam am I speaking to? Sober or drunk Liam?"

"Don't be smart. Enough games, where is my fiancée?" He shouted throughout the quiet pub who all watched on the edge of their seats.

Crossing her arms in defiance, she stared at the man in harsh intimidation, "Now you care where she is, hm? Finally opened your eyes and realized she wasn't at your every beck and call."

Leticia was sure smoke was coming out of his ears. Stepping forwards to Lettie, he didn't get far before don held him back, "You have no right. She's my fiancée!"

"Yes, Liam, your fiancée. The woman you claim to love. The same woman who has tended to your every need with care," taking a threatening step forward, she grated in a whisper, "The same woman who you take your anger and grief out on."

Taking their proximity as an advantage, he sharply cupped her cheeks between his hand resulting in Lettie moving away, swatting his hand away in disgust at his actions. The Sirens each stood up from the table in alarm, standing on guard just in case. The man was unpredictable.

Shaking her head, she stood her ground completely forgetting about anyone else in the room except for the very man she wanted gone, "There you go again laying your hand upon a woman. Does it make you feel like more of a man?"

"I sympathize that you have troubles from the war, every man does. But it doesn't excuse that you beat Kennedy to release your overbearing grief."

Liam struggles against the hold of don, his drunken anger increasing by the second, "Fuck you! You know nothing-"

"Liam!" Kennedy called out in horror at the scene he was causing. After walking into the pub to join her friends for drinks, she was met with this outlandish ruckus. It was not only voiced in fear but in embarrassment of the chaos he had erupted.

Halting his struggling, he turned to the young woman, "Kennedy, bab-"

"Liam, what are you doing?" Kennedy asked in disbelief not expecting the man who hadn't come look for her in weeks now show up in the Garrison.

Shaking off the tight hold on him, he slowly walked over to the woman he was desperately looking for, "Kenny, where have you been? I've been looking all over for you, darling."

Kennedy wanted to dip her head down and completely forget about the horrors he had caused her.

"Come back home."

The year of abuse that she had gone through swept right out the window. She wanted everything to go back to normal, deep down she knew it never would. Instead she pushed his hands away that reached for her face tenderly. It wouldn't be the same.

"No, Liam. I'm not coming home."

And then again, his aggression returned. Flaring his nose in anger, he belted out a short laugh, "What- What are you-," taking in a deep breath, he grabbed her arm, "You're coming back home, Kennedy."

Twisting her arm out of his hold, her anger began to grow. A form of a defense shield coming forth, "I said no. Now leave, Liam."

Grabbing her arm once again, this time more pressure was applied making Kennedy wince in pain which struck Leticia's attention, "Let her go, Liam."

In lightning speed, he whipped around pointing a finger at her forcefully, "You stay out of this!"

Twisting his fingers to have him release his hold, he let go after groaning in pain. Shaking it off frustratingly, he stared around the pub looking to Leticia then to Thomas who still stood a small distance behind her then back to Kennedy in comical disbelief. Waving his hands around drunkenly, he scoffed, "What? Now you are independent? You take care of yourself now?"

His eyes piercing straight through Kennedy's cold ones. Turning his head, he continued in a rudely dry humor, "You want equality, all that rubbish," turning to the leader of them all in his mind, he stalked closer to Leticia, "I bet you're takin' after this insane Gypsy bitch!"

Leticia had never wanted more than to strike hard and give him what he deserved. Anger flashed through her ochre-brown irises, the same flames that roared that night during the burning of the portraits of the King. So the fire erupted.

Remaining calm, she stared at the man stone cold until out of no where her fist flew forward hitting him straight across the face. Kennedy gasped in shock at the sight, Thomas stood off to the side surprised at her sudden action even though he'd do the same, and the gang all stood staring not expecting anything less; the apparent smirk on Ossie's face proving their point.

Tripping over his feet, he stumbled onto the floor, a hand instantly cradling his cheek. Hovering over him just slightly, she sneered, "How's that for equality?" Shrugging her shoulders, she hissed, "Looks like women also pack a mean punch."

Kennedy walked over to her fiancé with her ring in hand. Throwing it at his chest, she stepped lightly on his hand with no emotion, "I'm done. when I go back home, I better see you gone."

Marybeth, Nina, Florence, and Lilith stood to the side of Kennedy in support. Leticia stood behind them with a smirk formed on her lips in pride for the younger woman's actions.

Pressing down on his hand with her heel, she finally stepped off after he groaned in agony. Standing up straighter, she walked towards the door the girls following in pursuit.

Leticia shook her hand, clutching it at the dull ache that was now left behind. Don dragging an injured Liam while Ossie and Nicholas followed behind him all headed for the door as well, but Ossie stayed behind waiting for the brunette. Before Nicholas left, he muttered audibly, "We never catch a break."

Looking up to Thomas, her expression changed, a sigh exhaling past her lips, "Sorry about that. I'm not one for violence though I won't lie, that was long overdue."

The Shelby man wanted to know what business she was in. Leticia figured he'd just gotten a glimpse, next meeting she knew the questions would commence.

Thomas remained silent, his eyes giving Leticia the impression he wanted talk about what just went down in his pub though that conversation would have to wait. Nodding her head, she turned around her heels clacking against the hardwood floor. The Shelby man watched as she exited, Ossie sending a last glance at tommy before he walked over to the counter where Grace stood behind in a frozen state. Digging through his pockets, he sat the money on the wooden surface, "For the service."

The blonde barmaid found it hard to divert her eyes away from the man's in front of her, his light smile causing her cheeks to redden slightly at the attention. His smile grew at her flustered state, Ossie sending her a nod before turning around and making his leave. Though he didn't fail to notice the small smile she had given him in return.

Sighing out a breath in disbelief, Thomas dug his pack of cigarettes out and turned to the bar counter once the pub was quiet. The barmaid snapped out of her reverie then instantly asking,

"Drink, Mister Shelby?"

Shaking his head, he brought his cigarette to his mouth, setting a few coins down on the counter from his first drink. For the first time, he found he didn't want one, "No."

Turning around, he made his leave out the Garrison doors, the thought of the Morelli woman never leaving his mind. The mystery of the hazel eyed beauty remained uncovered. No new piece of information was revealed. Just when he thought he was getting somewhere, he was stuck in place never moving forward. The same trap he tried avoiding he found himself chained in with no escape. He wanted to know more, he wanted to know all of her secrets and he'd be damned if he didn't. The Shelby man was into deep, might as well dig deeper.

For we all know, Thomas Shelby gets what he wants.

2021 july 7
not edited

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.2K 2.6K 39
๐‘ช๐’๐’Ž๐’† ๐’…๐’๐’˜๐’ ๐’๐’ ๐’Ž๐’† ๐‘ฐ ๐’‚๐’Ž ๐’š๐’๐’–๐’“ ๐’‘๐’“๐’†๐’„๐’Š๐’๐’–๐’” ๐’‘๐’๐’”๐’”๐’†๐’”๐’”๐’Š๐’๐’ ๐‘ฐ'๐’Ž ๐’”๐’ ๐’…๐’†๐’๐’Š๐’„๐’‚๐’•๐’† ๐‘ฐ ๐’๐’†๐’†๐’… ๐’š๐’๐’–๐’“ ๐’‘๐’“๐’๐’•๐’†๐’„๐’•๐’Š...
76.3K 1.3K 14
"สแดแดœ ๊œฐษชษขสœแด› สŸษชแด‹แด‡ แด€ แดแด€ษด" *** "ษช ๊œฐษชษขสœแด› สŸษชแด‹แด‡ แด€ แดกแดแดแด€ษด"
69.4K 1.3K 48
Thomas Shelby based One Shots
1.3K 74 9
It was you from the moment we met. *SLOW UPDATES* I have no update schedule as my main priority at this time is college. Thank you for your support...