Born To Be A Hero

By Arrowbolt5

Alias has plenty of experience in the battlefield, but she can't possibly protect herself from the Decepticon... More

Chapter 2: Sup, Crackface?
Chapter 3: Annoying Brat
Chapter 4: Suspicious Behavior
Chapter 5: Guardians and Charges
Chapter 6: Attack
Chapter 7: Welcome to Team Prime
Chapter 8: Predicons and Gods
Chapter 9: Finding Alias
Chapter 10: Waking Up
Chapter 11: Silver Stake
Chapter 12: Have Faith
Chapter 13: Step Forward
Chapter 14: Laughter
Chapter 15: Vulnerable
Chapter 16: Flight

Chapter 1: This Situation Sucks

472 12 3
By Arrowbolt5

Alias's POV

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! MY FINISH!"

*very loud explosion*

"I WILL TEAR YOU APART LITTLE FLESHY!"

*banging noises*

"MUHAHAHA! STUPID GIANTS!"

"STAND DOWN!"

"WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

"I'M A SMASH YOU TO BITS!"

"GOOD LUCK!"

*explosions*

"STAND DOWN! ALL OF YOU!"

Ultra Magnus's POV

"Optimus, I'm detecting high Decepticon activity in McCook, Nebraska." Ratchet said.

"Is it an energon mine?" He asked.

"No."

"Then Ultra Magnus, Wheeljack, Smokescreen, and I will check it out while the others are picking up the children from school. We will call if we need reinforcements." Optimus said.

"Yes sir." Smokescreen and I said diligently.

I saw Wheeljack roll his eyes at us, but I chose to ignore it. For now.

Ratchet opened a groundbridge and we all stepped through into a wooded area. All of our eyes widened by the sight in front of us.

I saw Agent Fowler and a small group of soldiers on the ground, firing up at Knockout and Breakdown. There was a giant cave in a mountainside, where teenagers were running around screaming happily and chucking grenades at the cons. One of them was on a rope and swinging off of Breakdown toward the cave.

A large explosion went off around Breakdown's face and he cried out while stumbling around and holding his face.

I know Breakdown isn't... Breakdown, but let's pretend MECH isn't as... focused on the Cybertronians.

"Optimus?" Smokescreen asked hesitantly.

I wasn't even sure what to do. Surely Agent Fowler and his soldiers didn't work with sparklings to take down Cybertronians without even telling us.

"Knockout! Breakdown! Stand down!" Optimus yelled instead, stepping forward.

The two of them stopped their stomping for a moment to look at Optimus before their eyes widened.

"It's the Autobots! We request an immediate groundbridge!" Knockout yelled into his comms as he backed away.

A groundbridge appeared behind them and they backed into it. The gunfire and explosions ceased after it closed.

"Agent Fowler. What is the-" Optimus was cut off when a grenade went sailing through the air and landed on his pede.

BANG.

"Arghh!" He yelled and looked at the group of teens in annoyance.

"Get them!" Fowler ordered and pointed towards the sparklings.

He gave us an apologetic look before putting his gun back on his waist and running towards the teens.

The two groups started fighting and Agent Fowler's crew was getting their butt kicked by the numerous teens.

"ENOUGH!" Optimus yelled, slamming a hand into the mountain and gaining everyone's attention.

"What is the meaning of this?" He demanded.

I was very curious too.

We all walked over to the cave entrance where everyone had somewhat ceased fighting.

"Optimus, this is a somewhat normal military operation, you aren't needed here anymore. By the time we got here, Knockout and Breakdown were already fighting the terrorists and-"

Agent Fowler was cut off by a girl jumping forward and elbowing him in the neck, effectively knocking him to the ground. She put a foot on his chest and frowned.

"We are not terrorists. How many times do I need to explain this?" She questioned.

"You blew up an orphanage!" He exclaimed.

"What!?" Wheeljack asked in confusion.

"It wasn't a real orphanage!" She told him quickly before getting off Agent Fowler.

"Yes it was!" He yelled, pointing his gun at her shoulder.

"Agent Fowler, this is unnecessary force. I'm sure this could be resolved peacefully." Optimus said.

"No it can't." They both replied at the same time.

"I don't know, having the government leave us alone forever peacefully sounds like a great idea." One girl said.

She was laying on her stomach with a soldier pinning her to the ground. He had a large bruise forming on his cheek.

Another boy with loads of acne waved towards us questionably, "Is no one going to ask about the giant robots that keep popping up?"

"Well?" The first girl asked Agent Fowler.

"Absolutely not." He replied.

Immediately, the girl ducked and grabbed Fowler's gun, pointing it into the sky. He shot it and the bullet spun uselessly upward. Then she kneed him between his legs and punched his cheek, knocking him unconscious.

The other soldiers not currently preoccupied with a teen, charged her. Which was a small amount because there were more teens than adults.

The battle then immediately continued and we could only watch as the teens slowly won the battle. Once all of the soldiers were down, the teens backed away into the cave, leaving only their leader behind.

"Didn't Bill say you weren't needed anymore?" She asked before walking back into the shadows of her cave.

We grabbed the soldiers and brought them back to base, then dumped them all in the human mess hall, where the other soldiers nodded silently, yet questionably and took them away.

Agent Fowler had a lot of explaining to do.

▪️◾◼⬛◼◾▪️

I watched as Fowler stormed into the base with a frown, the kids watched him anxiously. I raised an eyebrow.

"PRIME!" He yelled.

"Optimus is currently out on a mission with Bulkhead, Bumblebee, and Smokescreen." I replied calmly.

"Then you're the next best bot to yell at." He decided. "I haven't seen much of the cons ever since you all took down their freaky headquarters, but why are they attacking terrorists?"

"The better question is why are teenagers blowing up orphanages." Arcee muttered.

"They're insane! Teens and preteens who have ran away from home, joined this group, and then went off grid. Until a few months ago, they were just refugees we wanted to find, but once they blew up an orphanage, they became criminals." Fowler explained.

"They're led by a girl who ran away from her mother, Daphne, and went missing for a few years. She's extremely dangerous and powerful, with the abilty to summon both a sword and amour. She's a psycho and a hacker too! We've had numerous data breaches as she hacks into our classified information and does nothing but read it." He huffed.

"And now the Cons are after them too." Ratchet said grimly.

"Precisely. This is an unprecedented event and my superiors are stumped about how to solve it." Fowler finished.

"But you think pointing guns at them will." I said dully.

"Only the leader, she's too dangerous. You saw her blow up Breakdown's face! She's not afraid and she's cold and crazy and extremely powerful!" He said.

"In either case, you should try to resolve this peacefully." Ratchet said.

"We've tried! They won't listen!" He said.

"Hmp. I've seen your verison of 'trying'." Wheeljack said and I for once agreed with him.

Alias's POV

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

I grabbed a crate of food and shoved it into the back of the truck.

I might not have been the reason the government tracked us down, but I'm pretty sure it's my fault the giant robots did.

Now that our location has been compromised, we have to relocate, but even so, we don't have nearly enough time. I should have gotten evidence about the orphanage and given it to the government.

My latest batch of kids had come from there, saying how the ladied there were selling some of them illegally. Immediately, we raided the place, put down grenades, and ran for the hills. I should have snagged some evidence, anything really.

We were just so angry and we needed to send a message to the world, telling them that we would come for those who were being hurt and that it was okay to run.

But it was stupid. All we got was the title, 'terrorists' and a bunch of fear from all the wrong people.

I growled to myself as the truck started up.

And the robots were all my fault.

I knew something was up once I started dreaming about this blue glow. Once wings sprouted from my back and a sword appeared when I willed it. When my eye color changed to a bright blue. Something was up and I still didn't realize that it would bring the robots to us.

My hobby has always been hacking into the government and finding out about cool stuff, like giant alien robots. But even so, none of it helped me become smarter and I never thought to prepare from an attack from them.

I was stupid and a danger to my fellow refugees.

I still am.

I'll need to leave base and find out why the bots want me. Find away to satisfy them and then come back to continue helping children escape from lives they didn't deserve.

The truck started driving away and I sighed.

"Why the long face?" Garrett asked with a bright smile.

"Why the short legs?" I asked in return.

He scoffed, "So rude."

I saw the grin that rose onto the 12 year old's face though as he turned away.

Someone poked me in the shoulder and I looked at Rose.

"Yes?"

"When will we get to the new hideout?" She asked.

"ETA? Four minutes." I answered.

"Gotcha."

Rose was my second in command and the first person I saved from the evil clutches of an adult. In her case, a disgusting and diabolical excuse of a father, who I found beating her black and blue out in the woods.

The poor girl could barely stand once I knocked out her father and helped her to my hideaway. Ever since that day, she has been a loyal friend and warrior in our cause for saving abused kids.

"Rose. I need to deal with some... person problems. I think I might be endangering the group. Do you think you could take over command for a week or two?" I asked.

She frowned, "Of course, but you know we could help with anything that is troubling you."

"I know, but I feel like this is something I should do on my own. Would you explain it to the crew for me?" I asked.

"Anything for you. I'll see later."

I smiled at her gratefully and jumped off the back of the moving truck. Nobody was really surprised, I do weird things all the time, but they waved to me as they faded from view.

I waved back before they disappeared from behind a curve in the road. Then I closed my eyes and breathed in the fresh air.

But my departure ended much faster than I expected and a helicopter flew over my head, blowing my hair forward violently.

My eyes widened as it went the direction of my friends and a searchlight dropped down.

I started to run.

Wors Count: 1758

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.5K 1.6K 43
"One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it."- Master Oogway --- ~ BOOK 1 OF THE LIGHTBLADE SERIES Fate sometimes leads us to vario...
85.4K 1.9K 16
Y/N was just a normal 18-year-old girl that worked at a laboratory as a cleaner. There she meets an actual Merformer named Optimus Prime, the leader...
28.6K 716 9
Team Prime encounters the mysterious "right hand" of Megatron named Liberator who proceeds to exploit all of their weaknesses and strategically defea...
2.1K 55 14
Cybertron is dead and the Omega Lock is destroyed, with the addition of a predacon to their ranks the decepticons seem more powerful than ever. Shock...