Just a bunch of Deku AUs

By AShapeshiftingIdiot

I have at least, like, 20 ideas for Deku AUs, whether it's original ideas (hopefully) or my own spin on more... More

Author's Notes (Can Skip If You Want)
Any Requests?
Villain Deku (Timeline Summary)
Support Course Deku (Short Summary)
Zombie Apocalypse Deku (Origin Story)
Dragon Quirk AU (Summary)
9 Random AU Ideas!
Dadzawa AU (Timeline/Summary)
Crimminal AU (Bulletpoints)
Life Update! (not an AU)
WOAH HI HELLO (not an AU)

Cat/Neko AU (Timeline/Origin Story)

225 2 3
By AShapeshiftingIdiot

TW: Bully1ng, V!ol3nce, mention of sc^rs, implication of s3lling your b0dy for mon3y

(Also, for that last topic, I don't know much about it and I may have put it in a worse light than it actually is? As a minor on the asexual spectrum, most of anything revolving that sorta stuff is very awkward for me, so I don't have that much knowledge on it and I can't bring myself to research it for reasons stated above. Hopefully that's okay?)

Type: Timeline/Origin Story (Very long :) )

Quirk Summary: Izuku has black cat ears/tail, and often uses common cat behaviors (such as tail/ear signals or slow blinking to show trust). When Izuku feels threatened, stressed and/or angry, his fingers will extend into claws (dunno how to describe it, but work with me here).

~

Izuku got his quirk around the age of four, as expected. People's reactions to it were... mixed. Some thought it was cute, others thought it was useless. Some people pitied him because he still wanted to be a hero. At the time, everyone (including Izuku himself) thought it was just your standard physical quirk: Cat ears, a tail, and some cat mannerisms, without the claws. Some of his classmates told him how they thought his quirk was kinda useless, because four-year-olds are stupidly blunt, but Izuku didn't care. He wanted to help people in any way he could, no matter what his quirk was.

 The teasing only got worse as the years went by. Izuku became quieter and more withdrawn, caring more about what his classmates thought of him. The insults and comments behind his back turned to getting pushed, punched and kicked. Izuku tried to talk with the teachers, but none of them believed him. His bullies were well-mannered to teachers and got good grades, so the teachers assumed that Izuku was framing them out of jealousy or hatred. His reputation at school only worsened after this. Bullies would get away with more stuff. Teachers either avoided Izuku or kept a close eye on him as if he was one of the troublemakers, and refused to believe his stories, even going as far as telling his mother about how often he was trying to portray model students in a bad light, such as Bakugou or [Insert NPC name here]. 

Inko still loved her son, but her smiles became smaller and she started to worry more and more about Izuku. She shared her worries with Mitsuki, saying how she thought Izuku might be turning down a bad path- he was lying about his friends and other students, started to act more quiet and angry, barley talked with Inko, and seemed to even be avoiding the Bakugous- especially Katsuki. Mitsuki calmed her down, saying it was probably just a phase. Izuku was going to finish junior high in a year- Inko couldn't expect him to stay the happy, innocent boy he was as a child forever.

Then it happened. It was in his final year of junior high. Izuku was being tormented after school as usual, this time by three people who weren't even in his class: two of which were mainly just lackeys, and didn't do much except smile like idiots, but the third person was a girl that was one of Izuku's worst bullies. She could rival Bakugou- The only difference was that Bakugou usually just repeated insults and mainly focused on physical abuse. The girl was somehow able to see every corner of Izuku's mind, and knew just what to say for it to hurt. It was like she had a second quirk (her actual quirk was to slightly alter her appearance, such as hair and eye color- she used it to either catfish boys or make herself look weak and innocent so she didn't get in trouble)

The girl cornered him into a wall, spewing out insults like the phone-call for Rachel. Then she started making some not-so-good comments about how Izuku probably did some stuff in order to pay the bills.

Long story short, Izuku snapped.

This was the first time he truly felt angry- sure, he had his moments, but he usually managed to repress it. Now, all of the anger he had buried down with smiles over the years boiled over. This was the first time Izuku ever used his claws. Running purely on intinct, he swiped at her face, just barley missing her eye. He ended up leaving a long scar right under one eye (kinda like Aizawa's), and naturally got into a lot of trouble, getting off easy with a week's suspension.

The experience was traumatizing enough for Izuku: getting mentally and emotionally bullied, hurting somebody unintentionally, being at risk of getting expelled- but his main focus was his newfound power. Izuku was both curious and terrified of his claws- after all, the girl had to go to the hospital in order to make sure she wasn't blinded. If he could find a way to control them, they could be a powerful self-defense against villains. If he couldn't fine a way to control them, he may accidentally hurt someone and/or himself.

When Inko was called to discuss the situation earlier, she noticed how Izuku was clearly trying to say something about what had been happening before he injured his fellow pupil. She also noticed every time he tried to explain himself, the girl he attacked, her parents, or even the principal would interrupt him, saying stuff about how Izuku 'shouldn't play the victim' or how 'It doesn't matter who started it, you hurt her.' The girl's mother even went as far as to say that Izuku was dangerous and should be 'locked up with all the other villains.'

This p*ssed Inko off to no end. She knew she couldn't do anything to change these people's minds, but she still tried her best. When her and Izuku got home, she immediately asked him everything that had happened the past few years- she realized her mistake, and she wanted to hear everything. Izuku decided to tell her about the bullying, but didn't go into many details- he never named any of the bullies except the girl, nor did he mention was she had said before he lashed out. Inko was furious, and wanted to burn Aldera to the ground on how ignorant and biased they had been against her son. However, Izuku managed to calm her down, saying that the worst had been over for a long time, and right now they needed to focus on how to prevent Izuku from mistakenly hurting anyone else.

They went to see a quirk doctor the week Izuku was suspended (which was also the week the sludge incident was supposed to happen, so neither Bakugou or Izuku was attacked). The doctor said although it could've just been a one-time thing, it was much more likely Izuku's emotions triggered it, and the best course of action was to try to keep them under control to prevent it. However, if Izuku attempted to train the claws to form at command, he may have even more control on whether they form or not. 

After the suspension lifted, everyone ignored Izuku. Most reactions he got from people were either a wary glare or a flinch. But surprisingly, some student's complemented him, saying how they never knew he had it in him to nearly blind someone. Apparently the girl he attacked was a bit of a brat, playing with people's emotions and even going as far as to change her appearance to imitate dead relatives/friends of students, then making fun of them if they believed she was them for even a split second. Due to her polite nature towards teachers and her impressively high marks, she never had a reality check that she wasn't 'queen of the school' until Izuku attacked her. Even Bakugou muttered a "Good job, nerd" when no one was listening. 

However, it's pretty safe to stay Izuku was happy when school ended.

~Timeskip to UA Time :D~

Izuku tried out for the hero course for... obvious reasons. He managed to save Uraraka, and got a two-pointer down, for about 35-45 points altogether. However, due to his past records of lying about classmates and attacking an 'innocent' girl, he was placed in 1C, the general education course.

Izuku was both disappointed and angry he didn't get into the hero course. The past records refused to actually share the full story, and Bakugou's records were clean as wet wipes, not counting the mentions of his anger issues. However, he decided that UA was a new start. Nobody, excluding Nezu and a handful of teachers such as Aizawa and Vlad King, knew about his not-so-ideal past, and he intended to keep it that way as long as he could. He resumed his old happy and upbeat (repressive) attitude, although he was a bit more quiet and didn't try as hard to make friends. However, just because he didn't try as hard doesn't mean he didn't try. Towards the start of the year, Uraraka noticed him at lunch and introduced him to Iida, Tsu, and some others in 1A. He also managed to befriend his classmate Shinsou and Todoroki during the sports festival. 

Shinsou and Todoroki also were the first people Izuku even told them a bit of his past in a roundabout way (Ex., 'It sucks when people assume your dangerous over something you can't control' or 'If there's one thing I hate, it's when nobody believes you're telling the truth, even though you are'). Shinsou had guessed Izuku might've had not so good of a past either and started to be a bit more kind to him (at least, kinder than the start of the year), and Todoroki didn't really get the point- he does use his left side, though.

Enjoy some old-fashioned bullet points:

-The worse most people see Deku is when he's talking to Kacchan. If looks could kill the two would die every time they ever interact. 1A are all curious on unlocking the tragic backstory between the two, but both of the boys deny any accusations of acting weirdly angry around each other

-Deku continued to attempt to train his quirk ever since Junior High ended. He can summon his claws most of the time, but it takes a bit of concentration and sometimes they don't form at all, so he doesn't form them much unless he's training

-Some idiot probably tried to flirt with Izuku by calling him 'kitten' or something along those lines. Izuku told him to f-ck off and walked away

-Izuku doesn't like fighting, but he doesn't exactly shy away from it, as shown above. He more so just walks away as to not get super p*ssed and almost blind someone again. Basically, whenever Izuku isn't acting nice, he's tired with everybody's crap.

~

Back from another writer's block- I broke my own rules again and stayed up to finish this. But it's fine, it isn't as late as last time and I haven't posted something in a while anyways. I'm semi-unhappy with this chapter, I don't feel like it's that good, but I have much more coming soon (hopefully) that'll (hopefully x2) make up for it. Also, we're like 200 away from 1,000 reads, which was unexpected to say the least. 

Anyways, I hope you all have a wonderful day/night, kings, queens and queers! Drink plenty of water and remember that you're amazing!

Word Count: 1910

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.1K 285 28
One-shots of Deku. Some of them are just pure crack fics. There are ships, too. I'm a sucker for romance *sigh* Enjoy me writing whatever comes to...
32.7K 773 13
WARNING: CONTENT MAY NOT BE SUITED FOR ALL This is also a classic. Villain Izuku or whatever. Has something else to it though, so read if you please...
101K 2.5K 85
DISCONTINUED "Why don't you just wish to be born with a quirk in your next life, and take a swan dive off of the rooftop!" I take a few steps backwa...
68.8K 2.5K 57
Izuku Midoriya, son of All for one, grew up within the League of Villains. His mother died when he was young. Izuku is extremely smart and can trick...