Revelations

By XCHICKADEEX

When Seventeen-year-old Gracie Carteri moved to Oxford... she felt destined to be alone. That was until she m... More

Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty one
chapter twenty two
Chapter twenty three
Chapter twenty four
Chapter twenty five
Chapter twenty six
Chapter twenty seven
Chapter twenty eight
Twenty nine
Chapter Thirty
Epilogue
Book Two.
Ch 1 Betrayal.
Ch 2 Betrayal.
Ch 3 Betrayal.
Ch 4 Betrayal.
Ch 5 Betrayal.
Ch 6 Betrayal.
Ch 7 Betrayal.
Ch 8 Betrayal.
Ch 9 Betrayal.
Ch 10 Betrayal.
Ch 11 Betrayal.
Ch 12 Betrayal.
Ch 13 Betrayal.
Ch 14 Betrayal.
Ch 15 Betrayal.
Ch 16 Betrayal.
Ch17 Betrayal.
Ch18 Betrayal.
Ch19 Betrayal.

Chapter seventeen

1.8K 89 1
By XCHICKADEEX

At about six I went up and got ready. I was really nervous. The last time I saw Leighton's Dad he made it quite clear he didn't like me. But maybe things have changed now that I saved his ass.

Once I was ready I took one last look in the mirror. I sat down on Jo's bed and took some deep breaths. You can do this Gracie. I kept it in my head, until I started to actually believe it, and then it was time.

When we got to Leighton's house I had to shut my mouth and take it all in. I'm sure he saw how far my jaw dropped. He laughed.

I thought Jo's house was big, but the size of this one you could easily put the high street on the grounds alone.

We walked up to the door and pressed the bell, a lady opened it all dressed up in a maids outfit. "Evening Josie" The lady smiled at us. Oh my god! Did they have servants? As I looked past her, standing by the stairs were Simone and Ethan.

"Gracie, sweetie, It's lovely to see you again. Furthermore you look stunning, might I add?" I liked Leighton's Mum she was always so kind, she hugged me just like my Mum hugged me, with nothing but pure love.

I was so lucky, but the thing that worried me the most was Leighton's father. He smiled at me. Wow that was a first.

Nevertheless Ethan hated me in the beginning. he came forward and did the most shocking thing ever. He hugged me, and I froze on the spot.

"Gracie I don't expect you to ever forgive me for everything I've done, but I just want to say how very grateful I am for everything you have done for me. Leighton's also right, I didn't deserve it."

He took my hand in his and kissed it.

"I was horrible to you from the start, but I should have listened to him. He was right, you really are amazing. Thank you for giving me a second chance and reminding me that there really is good in humanity. I had begun to lose faith."

I looked at him, tears were falling from my eyes. I hugged him tightly. "I forgive you."

He hugged me back and kissed my head. "Thank you!" Arms were hugging us from both sides, we were all hugging together.

Dinner was amazing, first course was a fillet of steak with creamy potatoes and vegetables. The we had pudding, it was an Eaton mess with cream. Little bursts of flavours covered my pallet. It was amazing.

"Leighton, why don't you show Gracie around?" he nodded to his Mum. He took my hand and we left the dinning room.

Out in the hallway he spun me around into his arms and kissed me. "Thanks for forgiving my Dad. You've got such a soft heart. I love you."

He kissed me passionately. "However, every time I think I love you as much as I can, you do something that makes me love you even more."

"I love you too Leighton. I never realised how much until recently." He grinned at me. "Me too. I want you Gracie. So bad it drives me crazy."

We walked around the grounds. They were out of this world. Leighton told me that his Mum holds alot of festivals and fetes on for charities.

Before long he showed me around the house, everything was immaculate and so stylish. I was in awe.

Leighton turned the handle to the last room we stopped at. We went inside. There were wall to wall wardrobes, a huge plasma screen on the wall, and the biggest four poster bed I've ever seen. it was gorgeous. I took a running jump and landed face first on it.

Leighton chuckled. I patted the bed and Leighton didn't waste any time in joining me. I smiled at him. "Babe, I want you too. I wanna hear you like you said I would. I want that connection you spoke off."

His eyes widened, "Gracie, I want that too. I've wanted that since I first laid eyes on you. It drives me crazy."

I smiled. My heart was beaming. It was exactly how I felt. I had a yearning, a need, that was driving me insane and I wanted him.

"Gracie I want to connect with you, I want it to be special. I don't want it to happen cause we both want it. I want it to be a moment which will mean something for the rest of our lives." He cupped my face in his hands.

"I want it to be special for you most of all. Besides, I'm nervous. I've never got passed kissing a girl. I've never been in love either. I'm so glad I waited, and my first time is going to be with you."

He was blushing. It was shocking actually. I had never seen him like this. "Wow is Leighton Crow! blushing? I got to tell Jo." I giggled.

He tickled me and I was wriggling under his fingers. "Shush! Don't tell anyone or I will have to suck your blood!" We were in stitches.

He stopped laughing, looking at me with concern. "You know when we do connect, I'm going to know everything about you. I'm not sure if your going to be ok with that."

I nodded my head. "It's ok. I know, therefore I need to talk to you about it, don't I?" He smiled in response, I tried so hard to pluck up the courage. I wanted him to hear it from me, not find out when our minds connected.

I sat up getting myself comfortable. "When I was younger, in nursery to be exact, kids weren't very nice to me cause I was different. The bullying never got any easier throughout all the schools I went to.

"I started to grow a thick skin and began not giving a shit. That's me, babe. I argue with myself, calling myself terrible names. Telling myself I'll never be happy cause I don't deserve it. you deserve better."

Leighton moved the hair away from my eye's. "Carry on." I smiled at him.

"Nevertheless, I try hard to not think like that anymore. Since I've found you lot I've begun to love myself, seeing myself for the first time in the eyes of people who love me."

I started shaking. Leighton held me close. "My subconscious is still trying to pull me back down to the way it was before. I use to relish the thought of degrading myself.

But I don't want you to hear all my negative thoughts of how I feel about myself. I only want you to hear how much I want you, and love you."

When I looked up, Leighton had tears in his eyes, he pulled me into his arms. "Is that all it is babe? You didn't even need to tell me because I already know. I can hear and see how down you are about yourself, and yet to me you are the most beautiful girl in the world and I'm crazy about you,"

I felt a rush of relief flood through me. "I'm not the only one, I know my cousins feel what I feel for you, It's lucky were soulmates or I would have a battle on my hands." He laughed.

Holy cow he knows about Joshua and Taylor? Oops! I went a little embarrassed. He brought my chin up to look at him.

"Yes I know everything but don't be embarrassed. You have no idea what guys really think of you, but I do. Hearing their thoughts all the time drives me mad, but I trust you."

"I know you do," I declared.

"Promise me you'll stop thinking bad about yourself. Look forward to being able to hear just what I think about you every time I look at you."

I was getting all emotional right then.

"What if I can't stop? What if this drives a wedge between us?" The tears were rolling down my cheeks, he wiped my tears away.

"Look at me, Gracie. I won't let that happen. If it takes everyday, me reminding you that you're the one for me, and I love you, then I will!" He held me tight against his chest

"People say vampires are dead, that we have no soul or heart. Then why is it every moment I spend with you, I feel so alive, my heart beats so damn loud? I can't live without you, Gracie. Without you I might as well hide in the shadows, not existing. I'm here, Gracie, I'm not going anywhere."

There was a knock on the door, "Come in!" It was Ethan.

"I've just called Evie. I told her it's getting late. So if it's ok with Gracie, she can stay here tonight?" Leighton smiled at his Dad.

"Thanks, Dad." Ethan looked at me smiling, closing the door behind him.

Leighton looked a little uneasy, "Only stay if you want." I nodded

"I do, but I've got nothing here."

Leighton walked over to his wardrobe and pulled out a pj's, toothbrush and toothpaste and a bottle of perfume. He brought them over to me.

"No excuse now!" What was he playing at, he laughed, "Well I wanted to be prepared just in case you stay at mine one night, I got them ages ago."

I cringed, the pj's were even the right size. Damn I felt so ashamed! I didn't want him knowing my size. This was personal, I hated people knowing.

"How did you know everything?" He looked at me cautiously.

"Jo told me. Why? Do you not like them?" I shook my head.

"No, I love them." I didn't say anything else about it.

"I'll go get changed. Where's your bathroom babe?" I queried.

"It's just there babe." Leighton had the same kind of layout as Jo. He had an en suite except, I would never have known because it was hiding behind a row of folding doors.

I giggled. I thought it was wardrobes. I hurried in and got undressed folding my dress over the chair, slipping into my pjs. I felt like I was having a panic attack. I sat down on the chair, gently rocking.

Aww, poor, Gracie! He knows what size you are. I wonder if he's thinking to himself, "Who let whale out?" I don't see him being with you for long now.

I got so angry. No he doesn't think that way about me at all, so go do one you evil bitch. The voice just laughed at me. Tell me you weren't thinking it when you saw those pjs. I didn't say a word back, but, yes I was thinking it.

Leighton was laying on his bed, with just his pj bottoms on. He patted the bed. Darn, he was beautiful! He was so perfect, Seriously, why was he with me again?

He looked at me and smiled, "Because I love you silly! Now get yourself here." I giggled.

"Yes sir." I laid next to him my head on his chest. I was finally at peace.

He was so warm I could feel his heat radiate through me. I thought vampires were cold to touch, but not him. Not Leighton Crow.

We laid like this for ages, I was stroking his chest. It was so smooth. He was running his fingers through my hair. "If you could hear me now, you would throw something at me." He laughed out loud I slapped his.

"Don't tease me you know I wanna hear you. He answered my prayers instantly. You will baby very soon, I swear. I looked up at him and we both smiled at the same time.

We watched some music videos. The closeness was amazing. Feeling his skin against mine was electric. My whole body was tingling and it felt good. A wave of peace came over me. We ended up asleep in each others arms, and that's how we stayed all night.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

275K 9.2K 63
Cover: @PhoenixKing98 Excerpt- "'We can't... I can't." His eyes darkened even with my encouraging words and calm manner. He jerked my hand away...
1K 114 31
Devon's mind had been a mess for quite a while. All the voices in his head kept telling him how he needed end his life to numb the pain and lonelines...
253K 6.5K 57
BOOK 1 OF THE FOREVER SERIES At the age of sixteen, Roxy Thorn never expected to find her soulmate while attending her first White Moon Ball. She did...
105K 6.8K 32
Life isn't as fun as it's cracked up to be. Jessie Patton learns this the hard way after a car wreck destroys her normal life. Forced to move from t...