A Prince's Character {A Bokua...

By AkaashiGlasses

Partially based on Snow White with the Red Hair but with Haikyuu!! Royalty AU Herbalist Akaashi Keiji, begins... More

Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter V
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII
Chapter XIX
Chapter XX
Chapter XXI
Chapter XXII
Author's Note

Chapter IV

95 2 13
By AkaashiGlasses

3rd Person POV:

"You got WHAT?! Someone shot at you on palace ground?! Why didn't you alert the guards as soon as it happened." Bokuto asks quite pissed off as the two are sitting on the floor of a small room. The window shines the slowly moving sunset on their faces while Bokuto holds the arrow tightly and is very close snapping it.

"I'm sorry and please calm down. Hear me out." Akaashi says softly.

"How can I be calm?! And why are you treating this like it's not a big deal?!" Bokuto says as he holds the arrow out at her.

"It is a big deal. I'm scared because of it and I'm mad too. Someone doesn't want me here but even so, I wanted to talk to you first about this. I am not leaving here without a fight." Akaashi states as his eyes sparkle with motivation. "I will find who doesn't want me here and why they want to keep us apart. Then I'll make them say it to my face."

"I'm not letting you do this alone, Kashi." Bokuto says as he closes his eyes and rolls the arrow in between his fingers.

"But if I do, they may be more honest with me than if you were to be the one to ask."

"You can't," starts Bokuto.

"At least, that's what I should say. But I won't. I'll wait for your judgment. Just be careful, okay? I won't be able to handle it if you go hurt because I didn't step in." Bokuto says with a soft apologetic smile. "I'm sorry for yelling Kashi. Don't do anything rash. If they get out of hand, run and come find me. There may be more than one."

"I'll be careful. But do you know who?" Akaashi asks as he looks at him with question.

"I have an idea on who it is but I shouldn't say just yet." Bokuto admits.

After a while, Bokuto and Akaashi part ways and Bokuto heads to his study with Kenma and Kuroo already taking care of some paperwork. Bokuto opens the door with a sorrowful look.

"Ko? Is something the matter?" Asks Kuroo as Kenma watches.

"I need a favor you two." States Bokuto.

Akaashi walks up and down a hallway in confusion. "Bokuto-San isn't even sure who this is. Finding them will be a struggle. How will I ever figure out who's behind all this..." As Akaashi speaks softly, footsteps approach from behind.

"What are you doing here?" A low voice asks. "Do you serve in the court or work in the castle?"

Akaashi turns around to be met with a large man, slim eyes, and brown hair. Akaashi stands upwards and responds with a 'No sir.' "I'm visiting."

"With whom? How did you gain access to the castle?" The man asks as he is dressed in white clothing with maroon accents.

"I entered through the back gate and had permission from someone. I am on my way to see him at the moment. I can take you to see him now if you like? He will explain my situation to you."

"Will he?" The man asks, almost as if he is challenging him.

"It's right this way." Akaashi states as he walks closer to the man. After only a few steps, the man tells him to hold it and pulls his sword out on him. The blade tip pointing straight at Akaashi's nose.

"Once I find an intruder, I am not allowed to let them go any further. Leave at once."

'Just like on the ribbon.' Akaashi thinks.

"Only certain authority have the power to welcome outsiders. If you were allowed here I'd know. You don't seem to be one that those authorized would even invite."

'This is him. He's not a normal guard because of his clothing attire. I didn't even have to go looking for him. He came right to me.'

"Well if what you say is true then I am an intruder to the palace. You will have to strike me down with your sword." Akaashi challenges and the man is taken back. Akaashi takes a step forward as the man pulls his sword slightly back. The man knows he's not acting on Prince Kotaro's authority and that if he does strike him down, he can be in huge trouble for it. The man remembers a conversation he had with the prince earlier in the day.

"Stay back! I will use my sword!" He declares as Akaashi takes another step with a determined smile.

"Use it then."

Slowly, with one step at a time, Akaashi moves closer and the man pulls his blade back. Akaashi is only a step away from him as the man raises his blade up to strike him down.

Akaashi takes a final step and finds himself behind the man and he draws his sword back into its sleeve. Akaashi let's outs a sigh of relief before asking a question.

"Do you know anything about a decree supposedly made by Prince Kotaro?" Akaashi asks but is replied with silence. Clapping can soon be heard in the trees and both look over to see a chocolate haired main in the trees.

"Wow. Impressive. A great show to see. I've never seen someone who wasn't afraid of Lord Ushijima like that. You aren't afraid of a little arrow either. Congrats to you blue eyes." He says with a slight tune to his voice as his brown eyes stare at Akaashi.

"What? Who are you?" Akaashi asks. The man hops from the tree to the hallway fence wall and sits himself down on it and leans against a pillar.

"You can call me Oikawa Toru and I'm the one who shot the arrow. Don't worry sir. I'm harmless now. Those two are watching me like cats." Oikawa says as he points to a waiting Kuroo and Kenma down on the bottom level.

"Sense I'm here, I rather say the truth. Not only did I shoot the arrow but I wrote the document." He says with a smile.

"Don't be ridiculous, I told you to do but because I was trying to protect the crown of possible actions." The man states.

"Is that right Lord Ushijima? You were just trying to protect me?" Says the curious voice of Bokuto as he comes from around the corner to stand beside Akaashi.

"You were there the whole time? How much did you hear?" Akaashi asks.

"Pretty much everything. It took a lot of self control not to jump into the conversation." Bokuto says with his hands on his waist.

"Yes your highness." Lord Ushijima admits as Bokuto throws the arrow from before in front of him.

"Your plan was very misguided. If things turned out the way you wanted to, this place would have been unbearable without Akaashi. Lord Ushijima, do you value your place in my court?" Bokuto had said Akaashi's name correctly. He was dead serious.

"I do." Lord Ushijima says as he stares at the arrow with the ribbon.

"Then you should know to never abuse your power that I have given you. You have been warn." Bokuto says sternly. Lord Ushijima then bows and apologizes. He turns on his heals and then leaves.

"Well I guess that wraps things up doesn't it!" Says Oikawa in a happy tone.

"Not so fast you! You shot the arrow at Akaashi!!" Declares Bokuto as he walks over to Oikawa.

"You can call me Oikawa Toru, master!" Smiles Oikawa as he waved to him.

"I'm not your master imbecile!" Bokuto grabs the forest green coat of Oikawa. Oikawa can only smile at the prince slyly. "Listen, I'm going to keep a very close eye on you from now on."

"Don't worry about me. I'm too scared to mess with her ever again. The guy just grabbed an arrow I shot at him and walked forward to sword."

"Why should I believe you?" Bokuto says with annoyance.

"Because I'm an honest guy? Besides, I like em. Someone like him could be a lot of help to a prince. Right, diamond eyes?" Oikawa says as he winks with a smile. Bokuto has had enough with this guy and pushes him off the wall. Akaashi yells at him and runs over to see if Oikawa is alright. He sees him take the fall and land on his toes and into the small circle of Kenma and Kuroo.

"Tets! Kenma! Keep him busy please!" Yells Bokuto with a smile as he looks over to Akaashi.

"So you knew it was Lord Ushijima? How?" Akaashi questions as he rests his forearms on the wall and looks down at the court yard. The court yard has two hallways that surround it. The second one is on the second story and you have to take the tower to get there.

"Well, remember how I was overworking and in a foul mood earlier?" Bokuto asks as he begins explaining what happened earlier that morning before Akaashi visited.

Bokuto was working at his desk at 8:30 while Kenma and Kuroo ate a small breakfast of eggs, bread, and tea.

"Um, how do you spell concern?" Bokuto asks the other two as they both freeze then look at him.

"How are you the prince of Fukurodani and not know how to spell concern?" Kuroo asks.

"I don't know it's called being born into a family of royalty." He writes something and then face palms his head.

"Damn it!!! I did it again!!" He yells as he lays his head on the desk.

"Need another copy?" Kenma asks as he gets up and hands him a new copy of the same document. "Stop signing Akaashi's name!"

"Okay okay, I'll try." Bokuto says with a small laugh as the door knocks. Bokuto allows them to come in as two men walk in, Lord Ushijima and his aide, Tendo Satori.

"Prince Kotaro. A word please." He asks as Bokuto allows him to speak.

"You think meeting with civilians is careless of me? May I ask why?" Bokuto asks as he puts his quill down.

"Yes. As a prince it's important to be careful with who you interact with."

"As a prince I need to preserve who I make myself known to. Yes I know." Bokuto says as he stares up at him.

"That commoner that you allow to enter has no social status." Lord Ushijima states the pure obvious. It's true. In the new country, Akaashi Keiji is only known to Bokuto, Kuroo, and Kenma. But even then, that has nothing to do with status.

"And is there a problem with him being here? I don't see why." Bokuto calm fights back.

"What if he starts asking for favors? Those favors turn into special privileges. He may start trying to influence himself in royal matters. He wouldn't use his own strengths to benifit himself and use you instead." Lord Ushijima explains as Tendo writes some things down.

"So you're saying he won't try to advance in his own ways? That he will take advantage of me?" Bokuto asks as he gets back to writing. "Well I disagree. This boy isn't one to even accept help. He's independent. He would find his own ways to get where he wants to be and the life he wants to have." Bokuto had only met Akaashi only more than a week or so ago but he could tell he was that type of person.

"It's naïve to think a person like that even exists. If someone does then please do introduce me so I can shut my mouth."

"If you wouldn't be so judgmental, you would see him every time he visits." Bokuto says as he stops writing. He sighs because again, he wrote Akaashi's name on the document.

"Everything you say is ridiculous about Keiji. You may leave." He says as he smiles softly about thinking of the ravenette.

"So that's what happened. After a while, it put me in a bad mood and I could only work to get my mind off it. Which reminds me, you were looking for this right?" Bokuto asks as he holds out the book Akaashi left behind.

"Oh yeah. That's right. Thank you Bokuto-San." Akaashi takes it gently.

"Now. Eh-hem. DIDN'T I TELL YOU TO BE CAREFUL?! YOU LITERALLY WALKED RIGHT TO A BLADE! WHAT IS IT WITH YOU AND SWORDS?! You used one to injure yourself and then you willing challenge the head advisor and guard with his sword!!" Bokuto yells jokingly but with seriousness in that truth.

"Oh I'm sorry Kotaro, I'm using my own strengths to advance remember?" Akaashi says with a cocky grin.

"Wait, you called me by my first name? You called me by my first name!!" Bokuto's golden eyes sparkle with happiness. His mood shifts way to fast at times but that's what Akaashi likes about the second prince of Fukurodani.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

306K 4.6K 26
A little book of oneshots with ships including Kagehina, daisuga, asanoya, kuroken, iwaoi, tsukkiyama, BokuAka and any other ships you would like to...
296 16 16
An ancient war had split the world in two, elf and humans had learn to despise each other. They had heard the stories from the blood filled war. Huma...
18.6K 348 32
A group of boys finally moves to Tokyo to go to collage. Little did they know, they're gonna meet their soon to be lovers.... Oh, and did I forget to...
9.6K 238 26
" I'm here Ken. I'm not leaving. Not today, not tomorrow, never. ". I whispered. " Don't say that.. Please don't say that.. ". He said crying. " Why...