A spring without you | soukoku

Par Strawberryyswing

"Since how many days you haven't slept , chuuya ?" "That's none of your concerns, dazai!!" Plus

Winter
Summer
Autumn
Winter
Spring

Spring

25.4K 662 2.1K
Par Strawberryyswing

"Fatal familial insomnia: an extremely rare autosomal disease of the brain." Dazai's eyes trailed down the bright screen of his laptop. "FFI has no known cure and involved progressively worsening insomnia which leads to hallucinations, delirium, confusional states like that of dementia, and eventually, death. Average survival time for patients after onset of symptoms is 18 months."

Dazai reread the same sentence over and over again. "FFI has no known cure."

Numbness crept into his system as he blankly stared at the sentence. No cure. Chuuya's condition had no cure. Realization dawned upon him as he slid down his seat. Chuuya was going to die, and he couldn't do anything about it.

Dazai slammed his laptop shut. He refused to accept this. Even if there was no cure now, he could hope that one would eventually be found. Clinging onto the small glimmer of hope, the brunet prepared to leave for work. There was no way he was going to merely accept this.

***

Akutagawa walked into Chuuya's office only to find the executive agitatedly pacing around.

"Nakahara-san?"

Chuuya whipped his head towards the intruding voice.

"What."

The irritation in the redhead's voice caused the younger member to slightly step back. Sapphire eyes flickered towards his face.

Chuuya sighed. "It's just you Akutagawa." He straightened out. "What is it?"

The cloaked mafia coughed several times before responding.

"The boss wanted to know where the reports where. Said it's unlike you to be late with them when you're normally so punctually-"

Chuuya's frustrated voice cut him off.

"Shit. That's what I forgot."

The executive pinched the bridge of his nose and shut his eyes tightly.

"I'll  get it right now."

Proceeding to the door, Akutagawa nodded in acknowledgement but turned back around.

"Nakahara-san is something wrong? You've been forgetting many things recently." Black eyes stared at his head. "Including your hat."

Chuuya cursed under his breath. He couldn't believe he had forgotten his beloved hat or that even Akutagawa, someone who was only interested in Dazai's attention, had noticed his forgetfulness.

"It's nothing," he responded.

Akutagawa stared at him a second longer than he normally would before exiting the room.

Chuuya sighed once he was alone. The heaviness of his bones felt as the weight of the world was upon his shoulders, and he swayed slightly as he fumbled around his desk looking for the unfinished reports. The redhead brought a hand to his eyes and wondered if Mori would give him the rest of the day off. Chuuya grunted. It was worth a shot.

***

His days were relatively quiet, and Chuuya found the silence welcoming in his exhausted state but also somewhat lonely. His insomnia had progressively gotten worse as he found himself restlessly turning in bed only to blankly stare at the ceiling till the sun rose.

Not even drinking helped ease some of his fatigue. In fact, being drunk only reminded him more of his physically worn out state as he wasn't able to sleep off the alcohol.

Chuuya sat down on the couch and stared at the quiet city outside his window. The city slept as it should, leaving Chuuya alone in the darkness. He debated moving to do something semi-productive when a sudden knock on his door drew his attention.

He stared at the clock, barely able to make out the time with only the moon as his sole source of light, but nevertheless, somehow managed.

3:24 AM.

The executive groaned. Only one person would be insane enough to bother him at such an ungodly hour. The knocking persistently grew louder as Chuuya reluctantly brought himself in front of the door.

"Who is it," he asked in a flat voice despite already knowing who was on the other side.

"Chuuya~ Glad to know you're still up." Dazai's muffled voice came from outside.

"What do you want so early in the morning shitty Dazai."

"I want Chuuya to let me in~" The brunet responded in a cheerful voice.

The redhead turned away from the door.

"Go back to your own apartment."

"Ehhh. But Chuuya, this used to be my apartment too."

"Then you should be able to let yourself in Dazai," he retorted as he walked away from the door.

Dazai sighed as he pulled out a lock pick from inside his coat pocket. He wished Chuuya wouldn't make him go through such unnecessary work when he could avoid it. Within several seconds, Dazai entered the apartment bringing several suitcases with him.

Chuuya glared at him. "Tch. You've always been good with your fingers."

Smiling brightly, Dazai responded. "Aw Chuuya~ I didn't know you thought that highly of me. I'm touched."

"It wasn't a compliment shitty Dazai."

Sapphire eyes fell upon the luggage around Dazai's feet.

"What's this."

The smile on the brunet's face grew even brighter.

"Listen to this Chuuya. My apartment needs to be renovated after it caught on fire so I'm moving in with you!"

The glass of water between Chuuya's fingers almost slipped out of his hand.

"You're what?!"

Dazai tilted his head.

"Did you not hear me the first time. Honestly you ought to pay attention when people speak to you. It's a wonder you became an executive like this." Dazai shook his head. "I said I'm moving in with you."

The blade of a knife pressed against Dazai's throat seconds after the sentence fell from his lips.

"Who said you could come back here," Chuuya growled in a low voice.

Toffee eyes flickered with amusement.

Dazai leaned into the gleaming blade, drawing a thin red line of blood from his skin and challenging his former partner to draw the metal across his skin in one swift motion, ultimately ending his life. Forcing Chuuya make an impossible decision, he spoke in a voice dripping with venom.

"If you really don't want me here, kill me right now Chuuya." Darkness crept into his voice. "Neh. I'm waiting ."

The blade pressed slightly deeper into his pale throat causing blood to trickle down onto the collar of Dazai's shirt. Chuuya struggled with being the one to end the traitor of the Port Mafia with his own hands like he always stated he would and dealing with the aftermath of Dazai's future absence from his life or letting the irritating brunet in and enduring the torment Dazai seemed to have created just to make Chuuya's life a living hell. A mixture of resentment and conflict burned deep within his cerulean eyes as the blade pushed cut deeper into each layer of flesh with each passing second.

Dazai was beginning to believe he had miscalculated when Chuuya reluctantly pulled away.

"Do whatever you want Dazai."

"With pleasure Chuuya~"

The detective brought his suitcases into the living room when a roll of bandages was thrown at his face. Surprised, he caught the roll and smiled in Chuuya's direction. Sitting down on the coach, Dazai unraveled the roll of fabric to bandage the injury on his neck.

Chuuya continued to ignore him and shuffled into the bedroom. Feeling the lack of sleep himself, Dazai followed him only to have a pillow thrown against his face with more force than a normal human should be able to muster especially when sleep deprived.

"Get out shitty Dazai. Go sleep on the couch or something."

The brunet peeled the pillow from his face and gingerly touched his nose.

"I see your brute strength hasn't been affected in anyway. You could have broken my nose Chuuya."

Chuuya scoffed. "It's a pity it didn't."

The executive wrapped himself in his blankets when he felt the mattress shift beside him as Dazai crawled under the covers next to him. His multitudes of insults proved to be in vain as they fell upon deaf ears.

"Chuuuyaaaaaaa," Dazai whined as his bandaged arms snaked around Chuuya's petite waist. "The coach is so uncomfortable, and you're so warm."

He nuzzled Chuuya's hair with his nose and felt the redhead give in. Chuuya was too tired to argue with his former partner anymore and sank into Dazai's arms.

"Fine," he grumbled. "But if you try anything funny, I'm kicking you out instantly."

Dazai hummed in agreement and quickly fell asleep, leaving Chuuya with only his thoughts for company.

***

The two fell back into the familiar routine they had established many years ago, the only difference being that they no longer headed in the same direction after exiting the building.

"Try not to get caught by the police Chuuya~~" was the farewell that met Chuuya's ears every morning as they parted ways.

"Hah you wish shitty bastard."

The familiarity of the routine both relaxed and terrified Chuuya. He wondered how long Dazai would stay this time before suddenly vanishing again without a word. He pushed the thought from his mind and decided to focus on the time he had with the brunet right now regardless of how short to may end up being.

Despite his attempts, doubt continued to linger in the back of his mind.

Chuuya exhaled and stepped into Mori's office ready to face another day.

"Boss you summoned me?

***

Chuuya entered the apartment after a long day. He rolled back his shoulders in attempts to relieve himself of his exhaustion as well as the tolls of the days. Dazai had already arrived before him and was seated on the coach.

The brunet motioned for Chuya to come over with his hand. Chuuya approached the other perplexed by the sudden request.

"What do you want Dazai."

Dazai patted his lap.

"Sit down Chuuya~"

"Ha? Why would I do such a thing."

Bandaged hands continued to motion him closer. "Just do it Chuuyaaaaaa."

Grumbling, Chuuya sat down with his back towards the detective.

"Now what-"

His thoughts were cut short as he felt a brush gently combing through his hair.

Dazai softly hummed. "This always helps you relax doesn't it Chuuya?"

The brunet pulled Chuuya higher onto his lap and began to undo the tangles from the silky, auburn hair.

"Just relax and close your eyes. You look terrible nowadays. What would ane-san say if she saw you in such a state."

"Tch- mind your own business Dazai," Chuuya retorted but nonetheless leaned into the soothing and comforting sensation.

Dazai often brushed his hair back when they were still known as 'Soukoku'. Nostalgia filled Chuuya as he remembered their early mafia days.

"Oi Dazai."

"What is it Chuuya?"

He slightly paused.

"Do-"

Another pause broke Chuuya's sentence as he debated asking Dazai about how he was doing now that he was free from the Port Mafia. Silence filled the room as Chuuya struggled with needing to know Dazai was doing well and not wishing to confirm his absence in the brunet's life meant little to him.

"Chuuya?"

The redhead sighed as he gave into his concern and need to confirm Dazai's well-being even if the knowledge would cut him to the core.

"Do you enjoy your life at the agency."

"I'll have to say it's a much livelier place than the Port Mafia at least."

"Are you happy there."

The soft brushes halted as Dazai took a while to respond.

"I am."

Ignoring the faint ache within him, Chuuya huffed.

"Then why are you wasting your time here. Won't you regret spending your days with a dying person."

The presence of Dazai's hands in his hair left him as the bandages arms wrapped themselves around his waist. Dazai nuzzled the top of Chuuya's head gently.

A quiet response was whispered into his hair.

"I'll never regret spending my days with you Chuuya."

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

55.9K 2K 17
𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐡𝐨𝐭 𝐠𝐮𝐲, 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐡𝐢𝐦... 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐟�...
4.2K 166 6
just two people who dazai destroyed bonding over the fact that dazai destroyed them while trying to heal both themselves and each-other. ~discontinu...
58.5K 1.9K 15
''You used yourself as bait .'' Dazai couldn't see the problem here. What's the shorty upset about ? ''You could've died YOU IDIOT !'' Chuuya snappe...
36.4K 616 12
⚠️Bottom Dazai⚠️ ⚠️Yandere Chuuya⚠️