Better Together

By soleOnyx

|Steven x Male reader| This story follows Y/n, a young boy. His mother had given up her physical form to give... More

Prologue
A new life
The Breaking and Formation of Bonds
When It Rains
Too Far
Steven's Birthday
The Whispers In My Head
Message Received
Gem Drill
Mr. Greg
A blossomed Endearment
Gem Hunt
Crack The Whip
Bismuth
Ease Of Winds
Pride Month Special
Above The Earth's Sky
A Mission For 2
Mindful Education
A Busy November
Steven's Dream
Galactic Retrieval
Storm In The Room
The Quest For Destiny
Onyx's Truth
Goodbye...Friend
Invasion
Wanted
Gemcation
Can't Go Back
A Single Pale Rose
Now We're Only Falling Apart
With Ruby As The Goal
Made Of Honor
Reunited
Sacrifice and Beyond
Diving Into New Territory
Homeworld Struggles
Change Your Mind
Breath Of Life

It Feels Like Christmas

596 17 8
By soleOnyx

Y/n POV

Life has been pretty good ever since Steven and Connie finally worked things out, but what I'm really happy about is this time of year, everything is so pretty. The temple is all decorated, the snow is falling, and we're all together!

"Look how much snow there is!" Steven said, pointing to the window. "That's gotta be at least a few feet!" I exclaimed. Steven and I were actually about to go out and get some hot chocolate for dinner. Greg was also staying over with us until Christmas, so that was nice. We were putting our boots and jackets on, when Greg walked into the living room. "Where are you 2 going?" Greg asked. "We're gonna go out for some dinner! There's this pancake place that we've wanted to try, so we're gonna ride Lion there." I said. "Cya later dad!" Steven yelled, waving off to Greg. The snow was so thick, so we had a bit of trouble trying to walk through it, but we managed to get to Lion and headed off to get some breakfast.

"Man, I can't believe tomorrow is Christmas already!" I said. "Yup! Christmas is a lot of fun since I get to spend so much time with everyone, and now you too!" Steven exclaimed. We rode for a bit more on Lion, before we finally made it to the Pancake place. "Stay here, Lion. We'll be back in a little bit." Steven said, petting Lion on the head. We stepped inside and got a table, and ordered pancakes and of course hot chocolate. "It's pretty cozy in here." I said. "Like a giant blanket, I could almost fall asleep here." Steven replied, putting his head on me. Our order eventually came, and the hot chocolate smelled amazing, while the pancakes had some kind of icing drizzled all over them. Needless to say, everything looked super delicious. "Oh yeah, this is delicious." I said with my mouth full. "I could eat this all day." Steven replied, stuffing his face.

"Nothing beats hot chocolate on a cold snowy night." I said, sipping my cup. "Well, there is one thing." Steven grinned. "Spending time with you!" We said in unison, making the both of us giggle. We finished up our food and paid for it, then walked outside and realized that there was a little town set up with shops and Christmas decorations. "Wanna go take a look?" Steven asked. "Sure, it looks pretty fun." I replied, grabbing his hand. We found a little store that sold all kinds of things, and decided to go check it out. I remembered I needed to still get Steven a Christmas present, but that's when I saw the most amazing thing for him. They had a whole section filled with Cookie Cat plushies and other things. "This is gonna be perfect for him!" I thought to myself. I needed to make sure Steven didn't know what I was doing, so I walked over to find him. "Hey Steven, could you wait outside a second for me?" I asked.

"Um, sure?" Steven said, walking out the door. I decided to get him a big Cookie Cat pillow, along with this cute Cookie Cat plushie to go with his alarm clock he already has. "Ma'am, I'll take these!" I exclaimed, putting the stuff on the counter. "Excellent choice! That'll be $125.00" The lady said. "125 what now...?! Uh...okay." I mumbled, realizing I was about to go broke. I handed her the money and she bagged everything for me. "I think that's enough shopping for a while." I thought to myself, walking outside. "Hey Y/n! Got everything you need?" Steven asked me. "Yup! Just gotta send these back to the temple for now, I'll wrap them later." I said, bubbling the bag. "What did ya get?" Steven asked, interested by the large bag. "Oh, not much. Just a little something for you." I giggled. We hopped back on Lion, and proceeded to ride back home. On the way back, I noticed something on the boardwalk.

"Hold on a minute, Lion, stop real quick." I said, jumping off. "What's up, Y/n?" Steven asked, curious at what I was doing. I walked over to the small alley filled with snow, and that's when I saw what I noticed before. It was a small animal, but they looked nervous about our presence. "Hey little guy, it's alright. Are you lost?" I said, holding out my hand for it to come. It slowly stumbled out of the snow and walked closer towards me. Eventually it stood next to me, rubbing it's head against my leg. I realized from it's tail that this was a fox, but something was different about it. The fox was this blackish color, something I've never seen before. I bent down to pet it, but the fox put its paw on my chest, causing my gem to light up. "W-woah! Did you do that?" I said, looking at the fox. It stood up on its hind legs, and I noticed a tiny little thing that was sitting on its belly. This looked like a gemstone, identical to the one I have.

"Wait a minute...how do you?" I asked, staring in confusion. The fox once again put its paw on my chest, only this time putting his head down, signaling for me to do the same. I put my head on his, and I felt strange. I recognized this feeling, it was similar to the stone of life. "You belonged to mom, didn't you?" I asked. The fox simply nodded it's cute head in response. "Woah! That's a fox?" Steven said, walking over to me. "Mhm, he's quite a cute one too. This fox must have belonged to my mom." I smiled. The fox then jumped onto my shoulder, making itself comfortable. "I guess you need a name? How about- oh, I know the perfect name...how does Leo sound?" I asked. The fox wagged its tail in response, implying that he liked his name. "C'mon, let's go home!" I said, grabbing Steven's hand and running back home since we were already on the boardwalk. "Alright Leo, make yourself at home!" I yelled, putting him down. Lion came inside and the 2 of them immediately started going at it with each other. "Aww." Steven and I said.

"Woah, what's going on here?" Greg asked. "Y/n got a new pet fox!" Steven exclaimed. "And he's super fluffy and playful!" I added. "Heh, I guess he is pretty cute." Greg chuckled. While Steven went to do something else, I went inside the temple and grabbed the bag from earlier, planning to wrap it up. The problem is...I don't know how to wrap a present. Luckily enough, Greg was kind of enough to help me wrap the presents so I was able to get that done. It was already pretty late, so we decided to get ready for bed. The next morning I woke up to see the snow piled even higher than before, but most importantly...IT'S CHRISTMAS! Leo was sleeping peacefully on my lap, so I gently moved him over and went to give a kiss to Steven, who just woke up too. "Morning, babe! Merry Christmas!" I exclaimed, hugging him. "Good morning, sweetie! Merry Christmas to you too!" Steven replied, hugging me back. We got up and made some breakfast, and I bought some of the hot chocolate mix they used at the Pancake place to make some more hot chocolate. Greg suddenly walked out of the bathroom which startled us completely.

"What are you 2 doing up so early?" Greg asked. "I guess we're just too excited for Christmas." I grinned. "Oh yeah, Merry Christmas!" Greg exclaimed, picking the both of us up and hugging him. "Merry Christmas!" We replied. After a quick little breakfast, the gems joined us for some fun. "Yo Steven! Y/n! Whatcha doin' today for Christmas?" Amethyst said, running inside. "Y/n and I were actually about to open the presents we got for each other. Wanna join us?" Steven said. "I don't see why not. This looks like fun!" Pearl exclaimed. We sat down in front of the tree where Steven and I opened the presents we got for each other. I went first and handed them the 2 presents. "They kind of go together, I saw this while we were at the Christmas town." I said. "These are sooooo cute!" Steven exclaimed, opening the presents.

"Alright, my present next! I hope you like it." Steven mumbled, digging his head into his shirt. I opened up the little box and found the cutest scarf I've ever seen, with 'My favorite person in the whole world' labeled on it. "Steven, this is so pretty!" I exclaimed, putting the scarf around my neck. "Dad helped me a little with it, I wrote out everything and he formatted the scarf." Steven said. I brought him into a big hug, to which he did the same. "Now that we're done with presents, how about some outdoor time to really spruce up this Christmas magic." Garnet smiled, standing up. "Snow!" Steven and I shouted, getting dressed up in our snow outfits. We spent the whole day outside making a giant snowman and other playful things. Eventually it was time for dinner where we actually had a pretty big feast that Pearl declared she was gonna make. She doesn't eat, but she decided to get into the habit of cooking since Steven and I eat, and Greg helped her with some of the food.

"Today was a lot of fun, huh? It's sad it's gotta end." Steven said. "Who said it was over?" I smirked, pointing to the outside. "Snowball fight!" We both shouted, running outside. It was dark out but that didn't bother us, and we ended up getting into a pretty heavy fight, but had lots of fun. I fell flat on my back into the snow which was freezing at first, but I decided to make a snow angel in it. Steven joined me and made another one directly across from me. "I think that's enough s-snow for one day, huh?" Steven asked, shivering. "Y-yeah, I think so." I replied, also shivering. We went back inside to go get warm, and Greg was just about ready to head out. "I'd hug you both, but it looks like you're preoccupied." Greg chuckled, waving goodbye. We said goodbye and then immediately took off our cold jackets. "How does a nice warm bath sound?" I asked. "That sounds pretty nice!" Steven said, running to the bathroom. He ran the warm water for a bit, before the bathtub filled up for us. We took a nice warm bath with each other before getting out and grabbing a towel.

"That was nice." Steven hummed, looking for some pajamas. "Oh yeah, I feel much better." I replied. I got dressed and then turned around to see Steven pulling me into a hug. "I had so much fun today with you!" Steven exclaimed. "Me too! So, whatcha doin' tonight?" I giggled. "W-well um...I was getting ready for bed. You?" Steven said, blushing. "Me too..." I replied, feeling my face heat up. I sat down on the bed and that's when Steven pulled me in for a kiss. Of course I became a red tomato, but I kissed him back, laying my head on my pillow and pulling him closer. Steven and I haven't necessarily been intimate with each other or anything else, considering we're only 14. But he pulled off my shirt, while I did the same for him as he laid on my bare chest, smothering me with kisses. "Merry Christmas, Y/n." Steven softly said, putting his head down and cuddling me close. "Merry Christmas, Steven." I replied, gently cuddling him back. The sounds of our gentle snoring filled the air, while Leo and Lion laid gently curled up onto the floor. The bright white snow fell, and this Christmas night was soon over.

*A/N* Originally I wasn't gonna give Y/n a pet, but I decided it would be kind of cool to experiment with one a bit after someone suggested it. It's not 4th Of July when I'm publishing this, but happy late 4th Of July to everyone! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.2K 134 15
Second Lapidot Book because why not? Have fun :3! (Warning) Suicide, bad language, depression and maybe some nsfw? Idk if that's important. Sorry fo...
29.6K 891 37
a sweet and dramatic story about how Peridot and Lapis came together and became close. Peridot not having many friends, is a nerd, rich, awkward, and...
47.2K 374 10
Steven's hometown has become fun and peaceful ever since the events at Homeworld with White Diamond. But time has passed surprisingly quick, going by...
42.1K 1.1K 68
You are currently A High School Graduate, And One Day as you moved out of your home, You settle down in a Quiet town called Beach City, You soon meet...