Prophet || Peter Parker x Rea...

By dylanstoriess

Y/N L/N leads a pretty normal life: an A average student at Midtown High, well-liked, well rounded, etc. A n... More

1 || Bad Decisions
2 || The Chain
3 || Just a Girl
4 || I'm Going to Be a Teenage Idol
5 || Haven't Met You Yet
6 || I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
7 || Double Life
8 || With a Little Help From my Friends
9 || Looking for an Answer
10 || Talk Too Much
11 || Talking In Your Sleep
12 || Paranoid
13 || Suspicious Minds
14 || Things I'll Never Say
15 || Hope For The Future
16 || Takin' Care Of Business
17 || You Don't Know Me
18 || That's What Friends Are For
19 || Kung Fu Fighting
20 || Falling For U
21 || War
22 || Come On Get Happy
23 || Wasp Nest
24 || You and Me
25 || I'm Only Me When I'm With You
26 || Dance, Baby!
27 || Everybody Wants to Rule the World
28 || Saturday Night's Alright
29 || Everybody Talks
30 || Sky Fall
31 || Search Party
32 || It's The End of The World
33 || Death By A Thousand Cuts
34 || You Make Me Feel Like Dancing
35 || First Date
36 || Trip Around the Sun
37 || This Will Be Our Year
38 || Tubthumping
39 || Cigarette Daydreams
40 || Are You Satisfied
41 || You've Got A Friend
42 || Somebody's Watching Me
43 || Yesterday's Papers
44 || Immigrant Song
45 || Shake it Out
46 || The Final Countdown Pt. 1
47 || The Final Countdown Pt. 2
49 || Rocket Man
50 || Leaving on a Jet Plane
Author's Note

48 || Get the Party Started

2.9K 109 15
By dylanstoriess

Boulevard is freakin' as I'm comin' up fast

I'll be burnin' rubber, you'll be kissin' my ass

Pull up to the bumper, get out of the car

License plate says "Stunner number one Superstar"

I'm coming up so you better get this party started

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

The Avengers, surprisingly, throw some pretty great celebration parties on the fly. Alcohol, music, cool lighting, everything a party needs to be decently fun.

Despite the fact that I'm exhausted, I make an appearance, spending most of my time next to Peter, my arm hooked in his.

I notice Bucky and Natasha hanging around each other, too, but I choose not to mention this to Peter. We sit on a couch as Tony approaches us, dressed in a well tailored suit and sunglasses, despite the fact that it is both night time and indoors. But hey, that's the Tony Stark flare, right?

"How are you kids doing?" He asks.

"Good," I answer truthfully, because I am doing good. School ended yesterday, I don't have to worry about crazy Avengers missions anymore, and I can spend more time with Betty and MJ (and Peter, of course). Plus, there hasn't been another sighting of the weapons or HYDRA.

"Good." He pats Peter on the back before walking away, the ever gracious host.

"Have you ever been to a celebration party like this before?" I ask Peter. "Like, a Tony Stark celebration party?" He shakes his head.

"This is the first time I've ever been invited," He admits. "I think I only got here because my super hot girlfriend basically saved everyone's lives." I laugh and try not to blush as much as I definitely am. He grins.

"I only saved everyone's lives because Tony went berserk and almost killed you," I remind him. "But yes, I did save the day." I say, and he laughs again. I remember being in the Chinese restaurant when Peter laughed and I couldn't recognize it, but how could I not? It was one of the best sounds in the world.

"Peter! We need an extra pool player." Sam shouts, and Peter turns to me, an inquisitive smile on his face.

"Do you mind if I...?" He asks, and I smile.

"You know they're only inviting you to make fun of you, right?" I ask him, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, but that's sort of the fun of it. Makes it even better when I kick their asses," He explains, and I laugh, watching him jog over to the pool table.

"Hey," A voice says, and I turn towards it. Surprisingly, it's Gamora, accompanied by Quill.

"Hey," I answer, a little confused. "Enjoying the party?" They nod.

"I've never been to an Earth party before," She tells me, and I watch her eyes scan the room. "They're... interesting." I chuckle, nodding.

"The music is much better," Quill says. "Music from everywhere else is just bad. But the music here..." He trails off.

"Are you guys sticking around?" I ask, and Gamora shakes her head.

"We leave tomorrow." Gamora says, and I sigh.

"I wish I could come with you," I muse. "I wish I could find my dad, since he's somewhere out there in that vast galaxy of yours."

"Then come with us." Quill says, and I turn towards him, eyes wide. Gamora shares a similar look, but filled with more anger.

"What?" We say at the same time.

"Peter-" Gamora starts.

"Come on, it would be fun." He says, grinning. "We could use the extra help, and we could help you find your dad."

"I- I have school," I say.

"I thought you were on break."

"Well, yeah, but only until September."

"So come with us for a few months."

"Peter, you can't be serious." Gamora says again, and her voice is so harsh it could sand an industrial sized piece of wood to sawdust.

"I am totally serious. You should come." Quill clearly is oblivious to Gamora's feelings about this, and I'm too shocked to even feel offended she doesn't want me to come. Not that I even really want to come anyways.

"I was just joking. You don't- I don't have to come. I can't come." I say. He frowns.

"Why not?"

"My mom would never let me. She just got okay with the idea of me being Prophet, I don't think she'd be okay with me leaving the planet." I explain.

"Well, it's pretty obvious you could protect yourself." He says. "Come on, it would be so much fun! Just for the summer."

"I..." I start, unsure of what to do. "I'll talk to my mom about it."

"Awesome!" He says. "See you tomorrow." He drags a very angry Gamora away with him.

Red hair.

Training room.

Laughter.

My head aches as another vision comes. Is someone in the training room? I look around for Wanda and Natasha - the only two Avengers who really have red hair - and spot neither, so I make my way to the training room.

The door is ajar, and I ball my hand into a fist, just in case there's something behind it that shouldn't be. I swing the door open wide, my hand still at my side, and see Natasha taking of pointe shoes in the middle of the room.

"Hey, kiddo," She says, despite the fact her back is turned to me. I shut the door quietly.

"Hey," I answer, an eyebrow raised. "What are you doing in here?"

"Ballet. It helps me when I get stressed." She explains, and I remember the conversation I had with Peter so long ago.

"She trained as a ballet dancer. You know that, right?"

"You're stressed? It's a party, Nat." I say, and she laughs, turning towards me.

"I don't always do well with big crowds of people." She says, and I nod. "So, how's Peter?"

"How's Bucky?" I answer, and she raises her eyebrows.

"How did you-"

"Not even two world class assassins could hide a relationship from a seventeen year old girl." I say with a grin, and she chuckles.

"What was it, the dancing?" She asks, and I shake my head.

"I see the way you look at him when we're on the Quinjet. Or any time anyone brings up HYDRA. It's the same way that I look at Peter." I explain, she smiles softly.

"You aren't going to tell anyone, are you?" I shake my head.

"My lips are sealed."

"What's on your mind?" She asks. Damn it, she always knows.

"Quill invited me to go with them. To space. For the summer. To find my Dad." I say, and I watch Natasha's face turn from an inquisitive look to shock.

"And?" She starts. "Are you going to go?"

"I don't know. I don't know if I could just... leave the planet for a summer. What about my mom? And Peter? And you guys?" Natasha laughs.

"We will be fine. Peter will be fine. Your mom will be fine. I know you want to find your dad, Y/N. And if you think you can do it..." She trails off.

"Do you really think I should do it?" I ask, and she gives me a soft smile, nodding.

"You can handle yourself." She says.

"Thanks, Nat." She nods, smiling.

"How did you know I was in here?" She asks after a moment. "I know you're pretty inquisitive, but still."

"A vision, actually. Red hair, the training room, laughter." I explain. Natasha gently unties her other shoe and places it on the ground next to the other one.

"Well, that all checks out, right?" She asks with a smile. "You should get back to the party. It's basically for you anyways. You did most of the day saving, anyways." I laugh.

"You don't want to come with me?" She shrugs.

"Maybe in a minute." I nod and head towards the door. "And kiddo?" She calls, and I turn towards her. "I'm really proud of you." I smile, and so does she, and then I head back to the party.

(A/N: Only two more parts of this story left! Can't believe it's almost over. Would you guys be interested in a sequel? Let me know!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.7K 3.5K 14
Evan Sun, a 22 fresh out of college young man finds himself reincarnated into the identity of the 2nd Villainess' son from an otome game his friend l...
84K 5.4K 29
--JUNE 2021 EDITOR'S PICK-- In a near future where neuroprosthetics have evolved, Nina--a young journalist--receives a hippoccampal implant after los...
4.5K 206 28
! temporary cover ! ! story may contain vulgar language as it progresses !
17M 653K 64
Bitmiş nefesi, biraz kırılgan sesi, Mavilikleri buz tutmuş, Elleri nasırlı, Gözleri gözlerime kenetli; "İyi ki girdin hayatıma." Diyor. Ellerim eller...