The life of Eve De La Cruz

Av Lilith_Deckerstar

Eve is the daughter of a third-generation American and the youngest Crawley daughter, but when they died she... Mer

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-two
Chapter Twenty-Three

Chapter twenty

432 7 1
Av Lilith_Deckerstar

It had been almost three months since Eve and Emilio married, and now it was time for another wedding at Downton again. It was only a short while before the wedding of Edith and Sir Anthony Strallan. Eve was in the drawing room with Hera lying in the sun near the window and Cora helping to sort out the wedding gifts as Edith and Violet walked into the room.

"See, I told her everything would come right, but she wouldn't believe me," Violet said.

"I still can't. Something happening in this house is actually about me," Edith said with a smile, "The dress came this morning."

"I was rather sad you decided against Patou," Violet voiced before looking at Cora, "I would've paid."

"Lucile was safer. We don't want her to look like a chorus girl," Cora explained. Edith smiles with a chuckle.

"How is Anthony?" Violet asked her granddaughter, "Excited, I hope."

"Desperately. Just when he thought his life would never change, he's going right back to the beginning," Edith replied with a smile.

"Oh. What an invigorating prospect," Violet commented, causing Cora to give her mother-in-law a look.

"I am so happy for you, Edith," Eve spoke, "Hard to believe that we're almost all out of the nest when it seems like it was only yesterday we were playing with our dolls."

"I know," Edith said, "I can't wait to have all of our children playing together. Are you and Emilio expecting anytime soon?"

"No, not at the moment," She replied, "Emilio and I want to enjoy our time together for a while before we have children."

A bit later that day, Cora is arranging flowers in the library while Robert sits at his desk, Tom and Matthew read on the couches, and Emilio and Eve sit next to him.

"How will they advertise it?" Cora asked her husband about Downton.

"I don't know exactly. "Desirable nobleman's mansion with surrounding estate and properties," Robert replied.

"Where will you go?" Tom asked him.

"We have some land further north at Eryholme, on the border with Durham. It came with my great-grandmother," He answered, "The house is pretty and we might make something of it. We could always rename it "Downton Place."

After finishing with the flowers, Cora sits down next to Tom.

"Who lives there now?" Matthew inquired.

"A tenant. But we can come to an arrangement that keeps him happy," Robert replied.

"Let's take a picnic there tomorrow. Take a break from the wedding on Edith's last day of freedom," Cora suggested.

"Molesley's in the hall," Mary informed them as she and Sybil walked into the library, "He wonders if he might have a word."

While Sybil sits between her mother and husband, Mary stands.

"I'll come through in a minute," Matthew responded.

"Not with you, with Mamma," Mary told Matthew, causing him to look up from his newspaper in surprise, "Molesley."

Molesley enters with a smile, but then his face falls to find the entire family there, "Your Ladyship, may I have a word?"

"Of course," Cora agreed with a nod and a smile but didn't move. Molesley proceeds nervously.

"Milady, might I be allowed to put forward a candidate as Miss O'Brien's replacement?" He requested.

"What?" Cora questioned.

"When the time comes," Mr. Molesley added.

Robert walks over and questions, "Is O'Brien leaving?"

"I hope I've not spoken out of turn. Only I didn't want to let it go and miss the chance. I thought you knew," He stuttered.

"Of course, I know," Cora said with a smile, covering her surprise, "Thank you, Molesley. I'll be happy to listen to recommendations when, as you say, the time comes."

"Thank you, Milady," Mr. Molesley bows to her and the others and then leaves the room.

"Well, I must confess, I will watch her departure with mixed emotions," Robert admitted as he walked toward his wife.

"Mine are fairly unmixed," Mary commented.

"Did you have a clue, Aunt Cora?" Eve asked.

"Not a clue," She replied, "How very disappointing."

"But, in a way, it raises the big question: when do we tell the staff that the end is nigh?" Robert inquired.

"It makes it sound so final," Mary spoke.

Robert takes Cora's hand, "I'm afraid it is final."

"Well, don't spoil Edith's day. Let us get through the wedding first and then tell them afterward," Mary suggested.

That evening in the dining room, Robert, his two sons-in-law, nephew-in-law, and Sir Anthony converse after the ladies have withdrawn. As part of the royal family, Emilio wore the Order of Charles III with his attire, and Eve being his wife would wear the Order of Isabella the Catholic to events and formal evening occasions.

"How are you finding your visit here at Downton Abbey, Your Highness?" Sir Anthony inquired Emilio.

"It is not that different than when I have visited other estates, and I mean that in a good way," Emilio responded.

"Thank you, Your Highness," Robert spoke.

"Lady Edith—I mean, er...Edith tells me that you're very interested in politics," Sir Anthony said to Tom.

"W—" Tom began before Robert interrupted him.

"Tom is our tame revolutionary."

"Every family should have one," Sir Anthony said.

"As long as you are 'tame'," Matthew teased.

"Tame enough for a game of billiards," Tom retorted. The two men laugh before Tom asks, "What about it?"

Matthew tilts his head in agreement before everyone down their drinks and stands up.

"I think I'll join you," Emilio said as he stood up.

"Excellent. Can you tell them where we've gone?" Matthew asked Robert before the three men left the room.

That night, Eve was lying in bed as she was reading a book in her old room with Hera at the foot of the bed when Emilio walked into the bedroom after getting changed.

"I received a telegram from my parents a few minutes ago," Emilio informed Eve as he walked over to the bed and removed his robe.

"Oh, what did it say?" Eve inquired before putting her book on the nightstand after marking the page she was on.

"It said that a distant cousin of mine just had a baby and that they want us present for the christening," He informed his wife as he got into bed, "But then it became more about us having a baby as it said, 'You and Eve should give the people of Spain a most joyous gift by having a baby'. I knew that part was my mother."

Eve moved closer to her husband and put a hand on his face to turn him to her, "It is what all mothers expect of their sons and daughters, my love."

"Even more so when you are the only child of the King and Queen," Emilio added, "I feel as though when we married, people were not happy that we had found love, but because it meant that the bloodline would continue."

"Now stop right there. I don't want you to fill your head with that nonsense. We were able to marry many nobility or royalty have not been able to," Eve told him, "We will have children when we are ready or least expect it. If people don't accept it, they can lump it."

Emilio affectionately smiled, "What did I do to ever deserve a woman like you for a wife?"

"Quite simple, really. All you had to do was get injured and make me pity you," Eve replied with a grin.

Emilio smiled at his wife's teasing before leaning to kiss her before it became passionate. They continued to kiss before stopping. Eve and Emilio smiled at each other before they said good night and slept.

The next day, Isobel and Eve were in the women's shelter and were trying to teach sewing to women off the streets.

"This is a simple stitch, but strong, and very useful in a drama," Isobel said.

"When do we get sommat to eat?" Mavis asked.

"Mavis, we are not here to simply feed you. We are here to teach you skills that will allow you to find better employment," Eve reminded her, "If you and anyone else are just here to have a meal, then we would have no choice but to forbid you from ever coming here again because you are taking up time that can be used to help someone who wants it."

"As I was saying, you should start it about, well, I would say, about half an inch away from the centerline..," Isobel continued to instruct.

The women they are teaching stare at Ethel entering behind Isobel, and they turn around and go to her.

"Oh, I'm glad you've come back. I do hope you've come for our help. You'd be so welcome if you have," Isobel said.

"You wouldn't say that if you knew what I am, ma'am. I'm past help," Ethel told them.

"Nobody's past help. And if you mean by that, you're a prostitute..." Eve said. Ethel's eyes widen in shock, "Well, then you should know that it is true of every woman who has come here to rebuild their lives, and Mrs. Crawley and I are helping them. And I very much hope that I can help you, too."

"That's right. Why not come in and help us rebuild our lives?" Mavis said, causing all the women to cackle.

"That's not why I'm here, Your Highness, Mrs. Crawley. That is, I am a...what you said...but I don't want help. Not for myself, but..." Ethel began telling them but then looked over at the other women watching, "The trouble is, every time I make up my mind, I change it. I'm sorry. This has been a mistake."

Ethel rushes out of the shelter.

"Oh, please, please, don't go. Not again," Isobel begged as she and Eve tried to stop Ethel from running as the other women laughed.

Later that day, everyone walked out of the front entrance of Downton Abbey and got into the motorcars. Edith was with Mary and Matthew in their car, Sybil and Tom had a car to themselves same as Robert and Cora, and Eve and Emilio. Isobel and Violet will be with Sir Anthony in his motorcar.

They soon arrived at the house in Eryholme. It would be known as Downton Place and the future home of the Crawleys. Tables are set for luncheon on the grounds. Cora looks fondly at the big, but smaller than Downton Abbey, house nearby.

"Downton Place," Cora said. She looks at Robert, not looking at the house with any enthusiasm, "How lovely."

"Won't it be a bit cramped?" Mary asked.

"You do realize that for most people it looks like a fairy palace," Tom replied.

"You'll be able to run it with a much smaller staff," Sybil said.

"This is it. I doubt we'll need more than eight servants, tops. So it'll be very economical. A—" Robert explained before he put a finger over his lips as Alfred stepped forward to place something on the table, then stepped away. Eve and Emilio said with Cora at one of the tables.

"What about me? Where am I to go?" Violet asked.

"We still own most of the village," He reassured his mother.

"Oh. Perhaps I could open a shop."

"Good idea, Granny," Edith commented with a chuckle before asking, "What do you think Eryholme needs?"

"Well, if it's like everywhere else: good manners and some decent conversation," Violet replied.

"Well, there you are then. You should have a roaring trade in minutes," Isobel said.

"How are things in Spain, Your Highness?" Cora asked Emilio.

"From what my mother told me in her telegram they are very good, Lady Grantham," He replied, "And please, call me Emilio, at least when we are not in public."

"Of course, Emilio. And how has your life been in Spain, dear?"

"It has been wonderful," Eve answered, "During our return from our honeymoon, Emilio and I visited some towns that were on our way to Madrid. The people were so kind and the towns were beautiful."

"I'm glad to hear that," Cora smiled at her niece.

Later that day, the servants sit down for their luncheon with Rosa and Carlos.

Molesley turns to Anna, "I expect you're tired. It's a long day up to London and back again."

"Was it worth the journey?" Mrs. Hughes asked.

"Not really," Anna replied.

"Their Highnesses have told us about your husband and that you are trying to clear his name," Carlos spoke.

"Many of us in the palace have prayed to Santo Gerard so that Senor Bates will be freed," Rosa added.

"Thank you both very much," She said.

"Miss O'Brien, might I ask what you've confided in Mr. Molesley but have kept from the rest of us," Mr. Carson said.

"I don't know what you mean," She responded.

"Mr. Molesley appears to have given Her Ladyship the impression that you're planning a change of some sort," He informs her.

Miss O'Brien turns to Mr. Molesley, "What's this?"

"I—I'm sorry," Mr. Molesley stammered his apology, "I thought Her Ladyship would know."

"Know what?" She inquired.

"That you're leaving," He replied.

"I beg your pardon? How dare you make such an assumption!" Miss O'Brien exclaimed, looking offended.

Thomas watches the exchange as Mrs. Hughes looks between Miss O'Brien and Mr. Molesley.

"Isn't it time for the dressing gong, Mr. Carson?" Thomas asked.

"Oh, it certainly is. Thank you," Mr. Carson said before standing up from the table.

Mr. Molesley tries to ask Thomas about the confusion as all the servants rise from the table.

"Excuse me, Mr. Molesley, but I've got work to do, even if you haven't," Thomas told him.

Miss O'Brien glares at Thomas, then at Mr. Molesley.

"I'll deal with you later," Miss O'Brien said before she left.

Mr. Molesley looks surprised and a little worried. Daisy stares at him as she's clearing the table.

"You're in the soup. I wouldn't be in her bad books for a gold clock," Daisy said.

Daisy leaves, and Mr. Molesley is left alone in the servants' hall, looking a bit stunned.

That evening, the night before the wedding, everyone was in the drawing room. Mary had commented on the beautiful gift Emilio had given Eve on their honeymoon. It is a tiara that Emilio's grandfather had created when he married Queen Victoria's youngest daughter, Ena. It was the pearl and diamond tiara. Violet, Mary, Matthew, Eve, Isobel, Sybil, Eve, and Emilio were seated close to each other, and Edith talked about her honeymoon.

"He thinks I don't know, but of course, I do. We'll spend two weeks in Rome, then Florence, then Venice. So, I couldn't be happier," Edith smiles happily.

"And what about Loxley? Is there masses to be done?" Sybil asked.

"It's not too bad."

"It's not too bad downstairs. The bedrooms are killers," Mary commented.

"I agree," Eve spoke, "I'm lucky that I have the Queen and Señora Torres to assist."

"Well, don't do anything too fast. It takes time to know how a house works," Isobel advised Edith. Edith smiles excitedly, and Sybil smiles with her.

Violet puts a hand on Edith's knee and suggests, "I really think you should go to bed. No bride wants to look tired at her wedding. It either means she's anxious or she's been up to no good."

"I won't sleep a wink," Edith replied after placing her cup on the table.

"Tonight or tomorrow?" Sybil queried suggestively.

"Sybil, vulgarity is no substitute for wit," Violet scolded her granddaughter.

"Well, you started it," She replied childishly.

In the servants' hall, everyone stands around the table waiting for Mr. Carson to sit. He sits and they join him. Miss O'Brien gives Thomas a dark look. Alfred sees Daisy standing at the table.

"Why not sit down and eat with us?" Alfred said to Daisy.

"Oh, I couldn't do that," She replied.

"Daisy will not sit down because the invitation is not in your gift, Alfred. She eats with Mrs. Patmore in the kitchen," Mr. Carson told him.

Alfred looks at Daisy, and she turns to leave, "Fancy a game or something later?"

Daisy and Mrs. Patmore stop on their way out.

"Oh, Daisy's busy," Mrs. Patmore told him before she and Daisy left.

"Anna?" Alfred asked.

"I want to write a letter. Sorry," Anna replied.

"I'll play," Mr. Molesley told Alfred.

"Let's see how I feel," He responded, causing Mr. Molesley's smile to fade.

"Carlos and I have a deck of cards. We are going to play chinchón later," Rosa spoke, "Would you like to join us, Señor Molesley? We can teach you to play."

"That would be lovely," Mr. Molesly replied, "Thank you for inviting me."

"Eres Bienvenido."

The next morning in the servants' hall, everyone is eating breakfast. Rosa was talking to Anna about Mr. Bates and gave her any legal advice she could since her father is a solicitor. But soon, Mary enters the room.

"Am I interrupting?" Mary spoke, causing everyone to stand, "No. Please. I just want to ask you all something."

"Milady, I'm sorry I've not been up," Anna apologized.

"Don't worry. I'll change properly after luncheon. But I had to catch you when you were all together."

"How can we help, My Lady?" Mr. Carson asked.

"It's a funny thing. Mr. Crawley has heard that Miss Swire sent a letter on the day she died. If so, someone must have posted it for her, and we wondered if it were any of you," Mary said.

Everyone looks at each other, but none speaks up.

"I'm afraid not. Given that the poor lady passed away that same day, an incident of this sort would have been reported to me or Mrs. Hughes," Mr. Carson said.

"That's right, Milady," Mrs. Hughes confirmed.

"I see. Well, thank you very much."

Mary leaves and everyone sits just as Daisy enters with a tray.

"What was that about?" Daisy asked.

"Lady Mary wanted to know if anyone posted a letter for Miss Swire," Anna told her.

"Oh, I did that."

"Daisy? What did you say?" Mr. Carson questioned, surprised by what Daisy said.

Mary re-enters and everyone stands back up.

"Poor Miss Swire's letter. She'd written it and she asked me to put it into the box in the hall," Daisy turns to the stunned-looking Mary, "Why?"

"What were you doing in her room?" Mrs. Hughes inquired.

"Making up the fire," Daisy replied, "We started talking, and she said she'd written a letter. She was ever so nice. I still get sad when I think about her."

"And it didn't occur to you to tell me?"

"Tell you what?"

"Never mind. I am grateful to you, Daisy. You cannot know how much," Mary said, smiling at Daisy before she left.

It was the day of Edith's wedding, and she was in her bedroom getting ready. Cora, Mary, Eve, Sybil, and Anna were also in her room. Edith stood in front of her mirror and admired her dress.

"You look beautiful," Cora commented.

"All of us married," Edith happily sighs before she turns to look at her sisters and cousin, "All of us happy. And the first baby on the way. Why don't we get the photographer to take a picture of the four of us...when we get to the church?" She suggested.

"That would be lovely," Eve replied.

Not long after arriving at the church, the four women stood outside as the photographer took a photo of them together in front of the church. Robert hurries forward, looking at his pocket watch.

"Well, fashionably late is one thing," Robert said.

Mary turned to her sister and said, "We're going in. Edith, I know we haven't always got along, and I doubt things change much in the future, but today, I wish you all the luck in the world."

"Thank you," Edith said with a smile.

Mary kisses Edith on the cheek and goes inside. Edith takes a quick breath, Anna helps her with her train as she takes her father's arm. Mary, Eve, and Sybil walk to their pew. Robert hands his hat to an usher inside. Mary, Eve, and Sybil take their places, and the guests stand at the organ playing. Edith and Robert begin to walk down the aisle, Strallan steps up to the altar with a grim look. Cora smiles as Edith passes her. Edith steps up beside him, smiling.

"Good afternoon," Edith greeted in a whisper.

"Good afternoon, my sweet one," Strallan gives her a small smile. The guests watch with pleasant smiles before the music stops.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered—" Mr. Travis began.

"I can't do this!" Sir Anthony exclaimed, interrupting Mr. Travis and causing shock in the church. Edith and Robert turn suddenly to Strallan, and the guests murmur.

"What?" Robert questioned in a sharp whisper.

Sir Anthony looks down at Edith," I can't do it," Edith's smile fades. Sir Anthony looks at Robert, "You know it's wrong. You told me so yourself several times."

"My dear chap," Robert said.

"No. I never should have let it get this far. I should have stopped it long ago. I tried to stop it."

"What are you saying?" Edith shakily asked Sir Anthony, "I don't understand what you're saying."

"Edith..." Sir Anthony looks at the guests, staring in shock. He turns back to Edith in a lower voice, "Edith, I can't let you throw away your life like this."

"What do you mean? We're so happy, aren't we?" Edith takes Sir Anthony's hand, "We're going to be...so terribly, terribly happy."

"But you are going to be happy. I pray that you are. But only if you don't waste yourself on me," Sir Anthony said, Edith looked into Strallan's eyes, mortified.

"Anthony, it is too late for this," Robert scolded.

"Might I suggest we all take a step back?" Mr. Travis spoke.

Violet stood up from her seat and approached Edith, "No. Let him go. Let him go. You know he's right. Don't stop him doing the only sensible thing he's come up with in months."

"Thank you, Lady Grantham," Sir Anthony said.

"But...Granny..."

"No, no. It's over, my dear. Don't drag it out. Wish him well and let him go."

"I can't," Edith said, becoming more upset.

"Goodbye, my dearest darling. And may God bless you," Sir Anthony leans close to her ear, "Always."

Sir Anthony walks back up the aisle, Edith turns to him, but Violet holds her back.

"No, sweetheart," Violet said.

The guests watch him leave. Mrs. Hughes and Mr. Carson give him dark looks as he passes them. Cora and Violet lead Edith to the side door. The rest of the family reeled from the shock.

After returning to Downton, Edith ran into the house, crying in her wedding gown. Alfred turns around from pouring champagne and sees her retreating figure on the stairs. The rest of the family follows, Mary, Eve, Sybil, and Cora going after Edith. Edith throws her veil over the stairs. Cora, Mary, Eve, and Sybil enter Edith's room to find her crying on the bed.

"Is there anything I could say to make it better?" Cora asked, trying to console her daughter.

"No," Edith replied, she sat up. Cora sat beside her on the bed. Edith looks at her sisters and cousin, "Look at them. All with their husbands. Eve has a fairytale life. Sybil pregnant, Mary and Eve are probably pregnant. Oh, just go. I mean it, go!"

"Perhaps you should go," Cora said.

The three women leave the room, allowing the mother to console her daughter.

Dinner that evening is quiet. Everyone, except Edith, sat at the table, eating their food, and barely speaking a word.

"Has she had something to eat?" Isobel asked, breaking the silence.

"Anna took up some sandwiches, but she didn't touch a thing," Mary replied.

"That reminds me. Carson, I don't want Lady Edith to see any of the wedding food," Cora instructed.

"Mrs. Hughes and Anna are taking what's left down to Mr. Travis tomorrow, My Lady, for the poor," Mr. Carson informed.

"If the poor don't want it, you can bring it over to me," Violet added.

"How can we help Edith?" Matthew added.

"You can help her by finding her something to do," Isobel responded. Everyone then went back into silence.

Later in the Servent's hall, canapés for the wedding fill the table. Everyone sat down and looked at the food.

"Is this all we're getting?" Alfred asked, "Just these pickety bits?"

"Hardly. These are canapés, Alfred," Thomas corrected before gesturing to some of the dishes, "For your first course, some truffled egg on toast, perhaps. Some oysters à la Russe."

"Then what?"

"There's lobster rissoles in Mousseline sauce. Or Calvados glazed duckling. Or do you fancy a little asparagus salad with champagne saffron vinaigrette?"

"When I think how you've gone to such pains," Mrs. Hughes said to Mrs. Patmore.

"Never mind me. What about the pain of that poor girl upstairs?"

"Jilted at the altar. I don't think I could stand the shame," Miss O'Brien spoke.

"Then it's lucky no one's ever asked you, isn't it?" Thomas said in a mock, directed at Miss O'Brien.

"Poor thing. How will she find the strength to hold up her head?" Anne wondered.

"I swear, I'd have to run away and hide in a place where no one knew me," Daisy spoke as she and Alfred looked at each other.

"I can only imagine the heartbreak she is going through," Rosa spoke, in a downhearted tone.

"I think she's well out of it," Alfred said.

"How can you say that?" Mr. Molesley asked him.

"I mean it. She's young, she's not bad-looking. She could do much better than that broken-down old crock," Alfred argued.

"Sir Anthony may have betrayed a daughter of this house, but he still does not deserve to be addressed in that manner by a footman," Mr. Carson told Alfred.

"Oh, I think he does, Mr. Carson," Mrs. Hughes said, siding with Alfred a little, "Every bit of that. And worse."

Mr. Carson thought it over briefly before saying, "Well, maybe just this once."

"Right. What's it to be? Lobster, duck, or asparagus?" Mrs. Patmore asked.

"Is there any cheese, Mrs. Patmore?" Alfred inquired.

Mrs. Patmore's jaw drops at Alfred's crazy request.

The next morning, Eve is getting dressed with the assistance of Rosa at some parts of her wardrobe, since she is Royalty she must be dressed like royalty. Emilio walks back into the bedroom after getting changed.

"After what happened yesterday, I do not think Sir Anthony will be showing his face anytime soon. How is Edith?" Emilio asked his wife.

"Anna said she got up for breakfast," She replied, "So, I suppose that is an improvement. I'll be back in a while I have to go to the cottage hospital with Mrs. Patmore and Mrs. Hughes."

"I hope everything is alright," He said.

"So do I," Eve walked over to her husband and kissed him on the cheek before leaving her room to join Mrs. Hughes and Mrs. Patmore in the motorcar outside.

After arriving, Mrs. Hughes stands stiffly, staring at the hospital across the street; Mrs. Patmore and Eve wait beside her.

We can be sure of one thing. I won't be cured by standing here," Mrs. Hughes said before she walked forward with Mrs. Patmore and Eve following close behind.

Mrs. Patmore, Eve, and Mrs. Hughes wait for the doctor at the Cottage hospital. The nurse opens the door.

"Do y—" Mrs. Patmore began to ask.

"No," Mrs. Hughes answered before she stood up, Mrs. Patmore nodded. It would be a few agonizing moments before Mrs. Hughes walked out of the office and told Mrs. Patmore and Eve the results of her test.

After returning home, Mrs. Patmore and Eve enter the kitchens, and Mr. Carson approaches them.

"Well? Is it or isn't it?" Mr. Carson asked.

"It's not cancer. No. It's a benign something or other, nothing more," Mrs. Patmore replied.

"It should go away on its own. But if it doesn't, Doctor Clarkson will remove it," Eve added.

"Thank you, Your Highness," Mr. Carson sighs with relief, then pauses secretly, "Don't mention that you've said anything. She doesn't know that I know."

"I won't say a word," Mrs. Patmore said. Mr. Carson tries to exit stealthily. Mrs. Patmore and Eve hold in their laughter with a smile. Mrs. Hughes tiptoes in behind them.

"Did you tell him?" Mrs. Hughes asked.

"I would prefer to say, I put him out of his misery," She replied.

The three women grinned at each other, silently laughing. Eve smiles as she walks back upstairs.

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

15.3K 693 62
March 1912 - a baby is abandoned at the doors of Downton Abbey. Servant Thomas Barrow agrees to claim paternity for the foundling. The story mainly r...
65.4K 1.1K 83
REVISING! You're just Tom's little sister he never talked about. When out of the blue you get a call from him inviting you to Downton Abbey to meet h...
725 20 5
Season 5 Downton Abbey Emma (3rd daughter of Robert and Cora Crawley) returns back to Downton after hiding in New York, following a scandal that coul...