The Cursed Diamond

By Joanna2372

Formerly known as The Black Diamond and Astraea Academy! Book Cover and Banners: @lavendareyes πŸ’œ π·π‘Žπ‘Ÿπ‘˜π‘›... More

Β° πͺ𐑂 β™‘ πͺ𐑂 Information πͺ𐑂 β™‘ πͺ𐑂 Β°
|01|
|02|
|03|
|04|
|05|
|06|
|07|
|09|
|10|
I11|
I12|
I13|
I14|
I15|
|16|
|17|
|18|
|19|
|20|
|21|
|22|
|23|
|24|
|25|
|26|
|27|
|28|

|08|

130 13 12
By Joanna2372

Turning around, my eyes are met with these bright glowing eyes through the trees. As it walks closer, I notice what it is. A wolf, and it's truly the biggest wolf I have seen in my life. His fur is as black as charcoal. His sapphire eyes remind of Caelums.

I'm frozen with fear. I heard if you ever see a wolf, you shouldn't run away. You need to stand tall and stay calm. But I don't feel calm. As the wolf approaches me I get the feeling that I may not become his meal after all. Thank the stars!

The wolf reaches me and nudges me to get my attention. I have a seat on the grass next to the big wolf. I let go of the breath that I've been holding. I run my hands through his fur. "You nearly gave me a heart attack!" I tell the wolf.

I've never been this close to a wolf before. The wolf starts licking my face and I start to laugh. The wolf is now laying on his back, begging for a belly rub.  I take my hand, place it on the wolf's stomach and scratch it. He seems to be loving life.

I think wolves just became my second favorite animal, cause obviously, Ghost is my forever number one!

I feel so relaxed now. I can't even remember why I came down here in the first place. His ears are pushed forward. The corner of his lips is pulled back and his jaw is open. The wolf looks so happy and carefree.

He turns around and runs back into the woods. This could've gone wrong, but thankfully it didn't.

I stand back up and head inside. I need to get some sleep because knowing Talia, tomorrow will be quite the event.

✧༝┉┉┉┉┉˚*❋ ❋ ❋*˚┉┉┉┉┉༝✧

"Wake up, birthday girl!"

I hear screams, but I can't quite make out those words just yet. I peek through my one open eye while the other remains shut. It's Talia.

"Happy Birthday!!" she screams.

"Thanks," I barely make out. My body can't fully awake without caffeine.

She hops on the bed next to me. "Wake up, sleepyhead! Time to start the day! We have so many things to do! We need to go shopping, get your hair done, get your makeup done! You only turn eighteen once!" she says, excitement written all over her face.

"It's just another day." I rub my eyes. I don't know where this girl gets all of this energy so early in the morning.

"You're a legal adult! You know, in werewolves, 18 is when you're old enough to find your mate."

"So that's why you were so pumped on your birthday?!"

"Yea exactly. Now stop changing the subject. Go get ready! We have a busy day! I'll be waiting for you in the kitchen." She says as she gets off my bed and strolls out.

Days like today are hard for me. My family never made my birthday a big deal. I was lucky to get a cupcake. But, ever since Talia got into my life, she has done everything in her power to make me feel loved. She never forgets to remind me that every year lived is a blessing. I am truly thankful for her.

As I approach the kitchen, something delicious fills my nostrils. "Talia, what is that delicious smell?!" I ask.

"I'm spoiling my bestie on her birthday, obvs!" she tells me as she hands me a plate of the most delicious-looking breakfast. There's a mix of potatoes, peppers, bacon, and sausages. There's even a side of pancakes.

"This is the best breakfast ever!!" I scream, my mood turning a 360. Good food has a way of turning any bad days into great ones.

"I just know you, my sweetheart!" she says as she hands me a cup of coffee. My smile widens at the sight of it.

"You're the best friend a girl could ever ask for!" I shriek with excitement.

"I know you're not used to having your birthday be a big deal, but it should be. That's why I always make it one!! Everyone deserves to feel special on their day." She explains.

"I don't know what I would've done without you.." I tell her, trying so hard not to cry.

"Well, now's not the time for tears!" she urges. "Let's hurry and eat so we can go shopping!" She tells me. Her eyes burst with joy.

Talia throws the plates in the sink as soon as we finish eating. She's a girl on a mission.

"Okay, let's go!" She says, grabbing my hand as we walk towards her yellow car.

"Look who it is," I whisper to Talia. "Maybe if we pretend we don't see her, she'll leave us alone," but I speak too soon.

"Happy Birthday," Vera says, not sounding genuine at all. She continues, not caring enough to wait for my response. "Well, you don't belong here, whatever you are. Well, here's some friendly advice I suggest you listen to. Stay AWAY from my mate."

"Stay away from whom?" I ask, my hands slowly turning into fists.

"Don't play dumb! Caelum is off limits!" she warns, her jaw clenching.

"He's not your mate, Vera," Talia shouts, the annoyance clear in her voice.

"We're not here to have a debate," she says, her brows furrowing. "I'm simply here to give you a warning. I will be the next Luna, so don't get in my way." She says walking away, Nimue following behind her like a little puppy.

"She will be the downfall of all sups if she actually becomes Luna." She says.

"I've barely even been around your brother... How would she act if we had an actual conversation?"

"She's obsessed, I swear!" she says, shaking her head.

"I think I just made my first enemy here." I snicker. There's something about someone ordering me around that makes me want to do the opposite.

"I won't let her ruin your day, Freya," she continues.

"Who can take that threat seriously anyway?!" I tell her, rolling my eyes.

We enter her car and start our drive to the mall. I'm not a fan of shopping but I'm quite curious to see the mall here. With all the magical species in one place, I'm beaming.

"Are we almost there yet?" I ask Talia.

"Is that excitement I hear in your voice? I usually have to drag you along?!?"

"Do we usually go shopping in a magical kingdom?" I ask her so casually.

"If only I knew!" she giggles. "I would have brought you here a long time ago," she declares.

I look out the window as she tries to find a parking spot. The mall is quite large and called The Mysterious Fates. It's a glass, modern-looking building. There are some green trees outside that I've never seen before. They look like regular trees, but there are golden apples on them.

"Is that an actual golden apple?!" I nearly shout at her.

"It's just an apple, Freya, the peel happens to be golden," she tells nonchalantly.

"That's definitely on my bucket list of things I need to try!"

"You're making a list of foods you need to try?" she laughs.

"I thought you knew me a lot better than that!" I tell her, pretending she hurt my feelings.

She finally finds a parking spot all the way in the back. This is clearly the hangout spot. Upon entering, I notice that my imagination doesn't do this mall any justice. They have gorgeous plants in every corner and a beautiful water fountain in the center. There are even these colorful birds flying all around. I look up to get a better look and see these white birdhouses with golden intricate designs. This place is magical!

There are so many floors and stores I've never heard of before. Like Always 18, Helens Magic Shop, Owls, Phoenix and Beyond and so many more. Always 18 seems like a store I would shop at. It kinda reminds me of Forever 21 and Garage. Helen's Magic Shop seems like a store for witches and warlocks. I take a peek as we pass and see cauldrons, spell books, and glass bottles with different liquids inside. Perhaps potions? Owls, Phoenix and Beyond is a pet shop but with creatures I haven't seen before.

"This mall is awesome, Talia! Something out of a dream!" I tell her with excitement. "We need to come back some other time! There are so many things I must explore!"

"The Mysterious Fates mall is the best mall out of all the realms. Aurelia is very diverse, so the mall has to be as well. Whatever you are looking for, you will find it here." She tells me.

"I'm speechless!" If the malls back home looked like this, I would complain a lot less every time I got dragged along.

"Let's go to Always 18! You know the owner is a vampire. She named it Always 18 because they stop aging at 18."

"Because she'll always be 18?"

"Exactly!" she tells me as we enter the store.

"So how long does each magical species live?" I ask her.

"Vampires are number 1 on the list, as they are immortal. They age a bit once they reach 18, but not much. You'll never see an old vampire."

"So, what about the others?" I ask.

"Well, next on the list is Fey. They live for thousands of years. Third are the werewolves, which can vary. You can choose to have a human lifespan if you don't phase or shift to your wolf form. Once you reach maturity and you choose to phase, you stop aging." She says.

"Oh wow! I didn't think werewolves would live that long!"

"Oh, yeah. However, witches live for 200 years. Although I'm sure if they wanted to live longer, they probably could. I swear they have a spell for anything."

"So you hung out with me, even though you knew you would outlive me?"

"Life happens, Freya, you don't know who will die first. My dad should've lived way longer, but someone killed him." She says, her tone suddenly shifting to serious as her smile fades.

Her dad is a sensitive subject, for obvious reasons. I grab a random outfit that screams Talia. We don't need to be crying in the middle of the mall.

"You need to buy this!" I tell her. It's a cute light blue set. The skirt is mini, and the top is a cropped tank showing a bit of cleavage.

"You're right! That is so cute! Let's see what you should get...." She says, her mood is back to normal.

She looks around at all the clothes. She picks a dress up and puts it back down. A huge smile appeared on her face as she grabs a skirt.

"Freya, look at this faux leather skirt!" She tells me with excitement.

"This would be so cute on you!"

"I don't know. Don't you think it's short?" I queried.

"Nonsense! I'm buying you this. Let's find you a top."

"Fine." I agree, not able to say no when she is this excited.

We continue walking around the store, and this young lady approaches us.

"Hey girls! My name is Ambrosia, owner of this store. How can I help you?" she tells us.

"We're doing great, thanks!" Talia tells her.

"I just had to introduce myself to you... We rarely get many humans shopping here." the lady tells me as she walks away.

"Don't even bother your thoughts with what she just says," Talia says, as she turns to look at me.

"How funny would it be if I just end up being human?" I tell her, trying to make a joke of it. I'm afraid if I take this situation too seriously, I won't stop crying.

"I mean, funny is not the word I would use, Freya! You do smell like a human most of the time, but there are times like that time you woke up with that nightmare. I could smell the magic coming off of you." She says, matching the confused expression on my face.

"That is weird. Are you positive?" I ask her.

"I'm a werewolf, Freya, my nose works great. I don't make those kinds of mistakes."

"I do trust you." Another question to add to my long list. When will I get some answers, though?

"We'll figure this out together." She promises. "Now enough moping, it's your birthday!"

She turns around and picks up a black lacy cropped tank.

"This goes perfectly with the skirt! I have black thigh-high boots that would go perfect with this outfit!!"

"I don't know if I can rock the outfit, Talia.."

"You'll look so hot, trust me! Now let's go, we've wasted enough time!" She tells me as she takes the clothes and buys them for me.

"You didn't have to buy them for me, you know."

"Of course, I had to!" She says, smiling at me. "You need to be the hottest one on your birthday."

She hands me the bag and we exit the mall.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

168K 7.8K 31
"Tell me something real about you. Like, where are your parents? Do you have any siblings? Give me something that shows me who the real Kaia Jones is...
257 90 12
❝I want no tomorrow if it means a daylight without him...Your cold came to tame my insatiable flames and now, all I'm left with is the longing of the...
1.4M 35.3K 37
*not edited* The prophecy says that every thousand years, Alpha twins would be born. They would share the same mate and share the Alpha power equall...
22.4K 738 35
You were moving to West England witches is located there. So you were Moving school there too. Gladly your Parents transfer you there before you were...