Remedy

By MissWorld2o15

(Sequel to Unbroken) The Cullens have been gone for almost a year now and Sophie is still having trouble deal... More

Preface
The Invite
The Pale Hand
The Inquiry
Confessions
The Agent
Not Needed
The Vision
Nightmares
Stallers
Montepulciano
Not Wanted
The Lair
The Way it used to Be
Hangover
Look Who's back
Her Power
Seattle
Back Again
Last Chance
Fresh Air
The Window
Planning and Prioritising
The Truth about Alec
Goodbye
The Ex
Departure
Surprise, Surprise
Memorium
The Volunteers
Grave Yard
The Truth about the Volturi
The Talk
Unexpected
What Next
Confrontations
Turn Around
Anger
In Our Heads
Taking You Out
Werewolves
Bad Habits
Meeting the Calvary
Like a Married Couple
Anger Issues
The Call
Last Stand
Patched Up
The End

Epilogue

1.9K 39 10
By MissWorld2o15

Sophie

Four years later...

"Soph! It's almost time to go down the aisle!" I heard Helen yell from inside the dressing room.

I turned to look at her and smiled when I saw how gorgeous she looked in her wedding dress.

I rushed in and stood in front of her, taking her hands.

"Okay, Hellen. Breathe in."

Helen complied, sucking in a deep breath.

"Okay, now breathe out." I told her.

She did so.

I smiled. "There you go."

"I'm so nervous. Why am I so nervous?" She muttered to herself.

"Because you're about to say yes to spending the rest of your life with a man who only texts in all caps and takes grilling more seriously than anything else in this world." Aunt Judith spoke coming up behind Aunt Helen as she adjusted her veil.

"Let's not forget that he's also someone who's obsessed with you. In short, you've hit the jackpot, marrying my brother." She told her.

Aunt Helen smiled. She reached forward and wrapped her arms around Aunt Judith in a hug.

"Thank you, Jude. I'm so glad you two could fly all the way here for the wedding." She spoke.

"As if we would ever miss it for the world." Aunt Judith spoke.

Sure classes at Berkeley were hectic and Aunt Judith had so much work to do. Not to mention, her and Eugene got married just a year ago and they had just moved into their new place.

Nothing would ever stop me from attending my own father's wedding.

"Sophie."

I looked up to see Kevin at the door, handsome in his suit.

"Sorry to interrupt but your dad needs you."

I nodded.

"Be right back." I told Aunt Judith and Aunt Helen before heading out the door.

"He better not be getting cold feet!" Aunt Helen joked even though there was an edge to her voice.

"As if." I laughed, closing the door behind me.

I smiled at Kevin now that we were alone in the hallway.

"Hey good looking." I got on my tip toes and placed a kiss on his cheek.

"What's up, gorgeous?" He responded, a dimple appeared on the side of his cheek.

"How are you holding up?" I asked him.

This was the first time Kevin was coming home and meeting my father and Helen.

"Um, well, it's raining." He commented.

I laughed. "Well, that's Seattle for you."

"I hate it." He spoke bluntly before placing his arms around my waist and pulling me in closer.

"You can take the guy out of Cali but you can't take the Cali out of the guy." I told Kevin as I straightened his tie.

"But I like your dad. And Helen."

"They seem to like you too." I told him.

Which was true. My dad and Helen both had nothing but good things to say about Kevin so far.

I mean, my dad was skeptical as usual but I knew he would grow to love Kevin the way I did.

I had met Kevin my first year at Berkeley.

It's a funny story. It was the first day of classes and I hit him with my car. Accidentally, of course.

But he was okay, thank God.

Long story short, I took him to the hospital, we started talking, became instant friends and fell in love not long after.

"Hey, how are you? Being back here and all?" Kevin asked, looking at me seriously.

I had told Kevin almost everything. About Ryan, my apparent kidnapping by the psychopath James.

He didn't know about vampires, I kept that part to myself.

As far as he and the rest of the town knew, Sierra and I had been abducted when Victoria had us. I made it, Sierra hadn't.

That's the story that we had to go by. Sierra knew she couldn't come back after all that had happened. It crushed her that she would never see her family and friends again. But she had Alec and I had honestly never seen either of them so happy.

It was hard living in Seattle after all that. People stared at me in pity all the time. They asked about Sierra and her last moments. I couldn't lie. Couldn't look Sierra's parents in the eyes anymore and keep telling them the story. So I was glad when my dad let me move to California to live with Aunt Judith.

I took a gap year, got a job at the pier and made a lot of new friends.

I found myself and discovered new interests. I hadn't realised how much I had needed that.

I also saw Emmett for that last time that year.

He had surprised me on the beach as I was heading out. Night time ofcourse.

Our last conversation had left so many things hanging. So that night was needed for both of us to clear the air and get the closure that we had both needed.

The truth is, I did love Emmett, just like I loved Alec. In different ways but with one similarity, deep down I knew neither of them were the ones for me.

Carlisle asked me where I saw myself in five years and all I wanted was to be happy. And that's what I wanted for both Alec and Emmett as well.

Alec got that. He found it in Sierra.

Emmett? I believed he was still looking. He still needed to find that. But he needed to find himself first.

I don't doubt that he had loved Rosalie. But in all honesty, I think they had been together for the wrong reasons. I think she kept him around because he reminded her of something she should have let go.

And Emmett, I think his human life has been stripped away before he could discover who he wanted to be and not just live a narrative forced on him.

Emmett heard me out. The last I heard of him, he was heading to France. Whatever was there, only he knew.

I still think about him, a lot.

Because he was rare and beautiful. I think about how fortunate I was to have experienced something like that, like him, like us.

I looked up at Kevin's brown eyes.

"I'm okay." I told him.

And for the first time in a long time, I actually believed it.

He nodded before placing a kiss on my forehead.

"You should go see your dad."

"Okay, catch you later." I told him.

He squeezed me one last time before letting me go.

I turned to head to the room where I knew my father was getting ready.

I knocked lightly.

"Come in!" I heard his gruff voice.

I swung open the door.

"Hey." I whispered.

He turned from the mirror to face me.

"Hey kiddo."

I immediately felt myself tearing up at the sight of him.

"Look at you!"

"Please stop." He spoke and I could see his cheeks tinting pink.

"Oh dad." I walked up to him and wrapped my arms around him in a hug.

"Mum would be so happy for you." I whispered. Not from without either.

I knew it for a fact. I had stayed in contact with my mother. Her and the others had overthrown Aro. She was now in charge. I didn't know how it was going or how the vampire community had taken to their new leadership but I hoped it was all going well.

It's not that I didn't care. It's just that it wasn't my world.

This one was. With Dylan and Monica, my father, Helen, Aunt Judith, Eugene, Kevin...

And I chose to live in it.

Emmett

"Whoa." A random guy spoke when he looked up at the sculpture I had just completed.

It was made of stone, ten feet tall, a woman, her hair long, body petite (even though you couldn't really tell with the size of the statue), it glistened in the sun. Honestly my best work yet.

"Who is she? A goddess?" The guy asked.

I smiled to myself. "No. She's just a girl. A normal human girl."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

129K 3.5K 25
"You shouldn't have come" ° ° ° After leaving the Cullen and her brother, Irene is travelling around the world, running away from the Volturi. Leavin...
140K 3.1K 36
When Edward leaves Bella, all Bella wants to do is die. She goes to the Volturi but what if Aro convinces Bella to became a vampire? What if after 2...
23.3K 646 13
[Book II] Millie is back. Now 18, another year older and wiser, so everyone keeps telling her. As her best friend Bella stresses about getting older...
146K 3.5K 11
(Sequel) Graduation was almost here for Bella and the Cullens. Beverly's and Jasper's bond couldn't be closer than ever. Bella planned to become a va...