Into the Dark (Completed)

By Anubis27

It was dark until he lit the match. I thought he was lighting the way, but little did I know he was leading m... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Epilogue: The Beginning of the End
Epilogue: That Part in the Middle
Epilogue: And They Lived Happily Ever After?

Chapter 6

19.1K 581 206
By Anubis27

I got to school ten minutes earlier than usual. Unfortunately, the early custodians had already corralled the ducks into the main lobby. People were crowded around the poor ducks, making them nervous. 

"What the hell is going on?" A voice asked, curiously. Tate easily made his way to the front of the crowd. He was munching on a sandwich. It looked like peanut butter. Ew. 

A crumb from the bread of the sandwich fell to the ground and in unison, all five ducks snapped their heads towards Tate. 

"Okay, that was a little creepy." He said, and subconsciously took a small step back. The ducks started to slowly waddle towards the crumbs that he dropped. Everyone watched in silence as the ducks finished the breadcrumbs. 

They all looked at Tate expectantly. 

He looked at them nervously and took a bite of his sandwich. 

It happened so quick. 

One second everything was still and the next all five ducks charged. 

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how Tate Marks ended up being chased by a mob of ducks. His shrill, girly scream echoed down the halls as he held onto his sandwich for dear life. 

The crowd bursted out laughing and whipped out their phones. 

Needless to say, the whole school would know about this by third period. 

The custodians who were in charge of the ducks must have just realized that they weren't doing their jobs because they took off after the ducks.

"All students report to homeroom, immediately." The loud speaker announced.  

Slowly, the crowd dispersed, moseying along to class.

During first period, the PA system started to speak. "Luna Ludwig, please report to the principal's office immediately." I gulped. 

The whole class turned around and looked at me. It was childish how I heard a few "Ooh"s like kindergartners say when someone is in trouble. 

I picked up my books and dragged my feet out of the classroom and down the hall. 

As I approached the principal's office, I saw Tate sitting in the nurses office through the window next door. He had gauze wrapped around his forearm. 

The secretary glared at me. "You must be Luna Ludwig."

"Yeah." I answered sitting in a chair. 

"Don't bother sitting down. Principal Wallace is waiting for you." 

I stood back up and walked into his office. 

Principal Wallace is an overall nice guy. He is overweight and balding. His small glasses sat at the tip of his nose. 

"Ms. Ludwig, please have a seat." His voice was serious. I sat down in a plushy rather comfortable chair. "You are aware of the situation this morning, correct?" 

"Yes, sir." I answered him, bowing my head slightly in shame. 

"Can I see your student ID please?" He held out his hand. 

I took off my lanyard and gave it to him. He held my card close to his glasses and looked down at it.

"Your ID number matches the one used to unlock the front doors of the school last night." 

I mentally face-palmed. How stupid could I be?

"The security cameras were hit by a football earlier yesterday and broken. Is that incident related to the ducks?" He gave me back my card. 

"No, sir." I answered honestly. 

If the security cameras were broken and only my card was used, then he must not know that Marie was involved. 

"Are you sure? If you are dishonest, your punishment will be more severe." 

"I promise that whatever happened to the cameras did not involve me." I insisted. 

"We know who broke the cameras. He did not know that you planned to break into the school?" He asked for the third time. 

"No, sir." 

"Okay. Were you the only one involved in setting the ducks free in the school?"

"Yes, sir." I answered immediately. There was no way that I was snitching on my best friend. 

"Thank you for confessing. You broke more than school rules, Ms. Ludwig. You broke the law. You could be arrested for this." He said sternly. 

I'm going to die. Principal Wallace is going to press charges and I'll go to juvie. When I finally get out, I won't be able to get a job because no one will hire me. I'll end up having to sell crack or something. I'll end up back in prison and I'll get killed for not sharing my mashed potatoes. 

My eyes widened. I was about to start a horribly long ramble about why I can't be sent to juvie when Principal Wallace saved me from embarrassment. 

"I contacted the school board and we have decided not to press charges." I let out a breath of relief. "You have a bright future, and I'd hate to see it tampered with because of a stupid mistake."

"Thank you so much, sir!" I smiled at him.

"You will still be punished. Destruction of school property is three days suspension. As for everything else, you will volunteer for any school event that is lacking volunteers. I don't care if you can't draw, if the art club needs members, you will join. You will become a model student." It is an odd punishment, but I agreed anyway. 

"Collect your things from your locker and go home. Report back to school after three school days, today does not count." He ordered. 

Principal Wallace was the kind of educator that actually cared about his students. 

"Thank you, sir." I left his office. 

As I stepped out of the office, I bumped into Wall-e. 

"Tate." I said without emotion. 

"You!" He yelled at me. I refused to flinch. "Not only if it your fault that I was humiliated, I got bit by a freaking duck! A duck! I have to go to the hospital to get rabies shots! Do you know how painful that is?!" He was yelling at me. 

I sighed. I did feel bad. This had nothing to do with him and he got hurt. "Sorry." 

I don't have to like the guy to apologize when I'm wrong. 

"You can drive me to the hospital now." He glared.

"I don't have a car! Marie drives me."

"Then go get her keys because this is your fault." He gestured towards his arm. "You deal with it."

"Fine." I stomped to Marie's locker while Tate trailed behind me. 

I know Marie's locker combination. She knows mine as well. 

I grabbed her keys and sent her a quick text telling her that I took them. She owes me for taking the fall for her anyway.

I grabbed my backpack from my locker and we left the school.

The car ride was silent and awkward. 

When we finally made it to the hospital, he opened his door and stepped out. "I'll text Jackson to pick me up later." 

With only that, he started walking towards the entrance. Just as I was about to drive away, he called out my name. "Luna!" 

Was I about to get a 'Thank you'?

I rolled down the window. "Yeah?"

"I'm going to get you back. This is war." With that, he turned back around and this time, he didn't look back. 

I guess I'm not getting a 'thank you' then. 

____________________

Luna dodged a major bullet with her punishment, didn't she? 

Point out spelling/grammar/plot mistakes!

Edited 1/30/16

VOMMENT!

Anubis xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

506K 8.6K 41
she was the girl no one wanted to mess with the one who had boys falling for her everyone was scared of her she was a player she was cold hearte...
561K 11.8K 26
As a result of past trauma, Lucy, a hardworking nurse, has kept herself in a safe bubble, only letting her closest friends in. She knows she needs to...
362K 11.1K 30
"My body and my wolf may want you but my brain and my heart don't." I said, proud of my words. "They will." ~•~•~•~•~•~ Weird, clumsy, smartass and b...
348K 11.1K 22
Maya is a curvy, shy, funny and sweet girl who just turned eighteen and is wanting to finish her Senior year of high school off with her cousin, Erik...