Entangled Knot

Door _manan__

They say that being grown-up means you have survived at least three disasters and one apocalypse. Quite often... Meer

Author's Note
Characters sketch
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Author note
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Author's Note
Chapter 19
Chapter 20

Chapter 13

2K 238 30
Door _manan__

Author PoV

Not even for a second, Nandini didn't leave Abhimanyu from her hold. She held his hands so tightly as she didn't want him to leave her alone. She was afraid that those horrible things may repeat again. Everyone made an effort to cheer her but failed miserably. The Malhotra's were surprised to see Nandini behaving like this. Because from the last three months she didn't ask for a single help from them. Even when they insisted to do something for her she refused that. Whenever her parents tried speaking with her she denied that. Even when Manik shouted at her she stayed as a rock and showed no emotions. But now she wants Abhimanyu not to leave her.

Tarak, Mukthi and Nyonika tried to talk with her but couldn't achieve that. Because she was not in a state to explain her inner turmoil to anyone. She was in her own dilemma. Neither She didn't care about the accident nor her case failure. Her whole concern was on his sudden appearance. Whenever he came into her life, it may result in a tragedy. So this time she was terrified of his entry.

Manik's PoV

When I reached the hospital I saw Nandini sleeping holding Abhi's hands as tight as she could. From my observance for the last three months, I could say Nandini was a brave independent woman. But today she was afraid to let him go. She was broken emotionally. I felt bad about seeing her like this. My heart was continuously remaining me that I was also a reason for her at this stage. I couldn't see her at that stage so I stayed outside her room. Even when Mom suggested me to go home and she will stay there with Nandini, I refused that and stayed there all day. She didn't even allow her parents near her. This thing looked strange to me. As the doctor said her struggle started, Her depression.

One day a nurse asked Abhi to buy some medicines. I asked him to sit near Nandini as she was sleeping and I went to buy the medicines. When I came back from the medical shop, I saw Abhi standing outside her room leaning on the wall. When I got closer to him I realised he was crying.

"Heyy Abhi, is everything ok?" I asked him.

He wiped his tears and replied, "Yeah everything is fine Manik. Have you got all the medicines?"

I understood he was changing the topic and asked again, "Abhi tell what happened?"

His tears came out "I can't see her suffering like this Manik. I am just pretending to be strong in front of her. But it's really hard for me to see her like this. I feel like I was also a reason for her at this stage. If I didn't leave her alone here all this wouldn't have happened. From childhood, She wouldn't express her feelings to others. Even if she needed them the most she wouldn't tell that to them. I should have understood her feelings. But I think I failed as a brother in protecting her. I was not present there when she needed me the most. I failed to protect her."

I patted his shoulders and said, "Hey Abhi come on you can't give up now. She needs you now. You didn't fail till now she feels safe only around you. She wants you near her all the time. You are her only hope now so cheer up. She will recover soon. This too shall pass on."

At that time I felt really bad seeing him cry because I understood his feelings. Even when Mukthi had a slight fever or a small scratch, I used to worry a lot about that. I will stay near her till she recovers. Abhi was thinking he failed in protecting her. But from seeing their bond I could say Nandini trust him more than her life.

After four days she came back to her normal self. That day when I came back from the office, I saw her laughing along with Tarak and Mukthi. I have never seen her laugh like this before. As usual, Mukthi and Tarak were fighting over something and she was laughing because of their stupid banter. Usually, their banter would irritate me but that day seeing nandini laughing over their banter made my heart smile. Unknowingly I smiled in satisfaction.

At night Abhimanyu came out of her room and asked, "Umm...Manik Sorry if I disturbed you. Can you keep a check on Nandini for some time? I am going out to meet someone. It's something urgent. She slept a few minutes before only. So she may not wake up but just keep an eye on her."

I said, "Hey, it's fine. You can go. Don't worry I will keep a check on her."

He then left the hospital. After half an hour I slightly opened the door and saw her sleeping peacefully. Then I closed the door and went back to my place. After an hour I heard a light weeping sound coming from her room. So I decided to check on her.

When I opened the door, I looked at the bed and found it empty. I became puzzled. When I looked around, I saw her fallen near the bed. Her head was buried in between her knees as she hugged herself tightly. She was mumbling something inaudible to herself. I rushed towards her and softly called her, "Nandini?".

I tried to wake her up but she didn't open her eyes. I slightly shook her and called her once again. She didn't stop her mumbling. Then I realised she was having a nightmare. When I shook her vigorously, "Heyy Nandini... look at me. It's just a bad dream. Everything is alright now. Look at me."

She came to her senses and looked up at me. When she looked up, I saw her face, Sweat was trickling down her face and her eyes held tears, it showed her pain. I didn't know what I was thinking as I just wrapped my hands around her and patted her back.

She became rigid. Then she shoved me away and growled, "Get the fuck out of here. You wanted me to stay away from you right. So never come near me again."

I was shocked at her words but I know I deserved that because I was the one who asked her to stay away from me and behaved like a jerk to her before. I silently came out of her room and asked a nurse to help Nandini as it would be difficult for her to manage alone. Then I sat outside her room and waited for Abhi.

                 {P.C :- sonal_garg ❤️}

An hour after Abhi came back. When I explained to him about her nightmare, he became worried and went inside to see her. I said only about the nightmare and didn't say anything regarding that incident because I didn't dare to explain it to him. I sat outside her room and thought about the incident. Her words started eating up the guilt in me. I felt bad at myself so I went out of the hospital. I started to walk on the roadside.

Suddenly it started raining heavily. When a raindrop landed on my face it reminded me of Nandini. Every single raindrop remained me of Nandini's tears. I felt like I was getting drenched in her tears. I craned my neck upwards and closed my eyes making the raindrops directly hit my face.

Then I remembered her words. Her words felt like a sword. Then I remembered my previous behaviour towards her. I know I deserved that. I felt helpless seeing her having a tough phase. I don't know why I felt that but at that time I felt like protecting her. I think I judged her wrong. I reckoned her character based on others actions. I hurt her with my words. Never in my life, I haven't hurt someone with my words as I did to Nandini. I was so hurt at Mishka's elope at the wedding and I lashed out my anger at the wrong one. I was wrong and I felt ashamed of my own actions.

After some time I went to the hospital. I didn't have the guts to see her again so I sat outside her room. When I was thinking about something I heard mom saying, "Manik?!! What happened? Why are drenched in water?"

When I looked up I saw her looking at me questioningly. "Wo-h...umm...Mom, I went out for getting some fresh air in the morning. When I was coming back suddenly the rain started. So I got soaked in the rain." I lied to her as I didn't want her to worry about Nandini and me.

"Okay go home and take a rest. I will stay here. Sleep for some time. Don't argue back because I know you didn't have proper sleep for the past two days. Please Don't go to the office today. Cabir said he will manage your work as well." I nodded slowly.

"You're going home straight and SLEEP. NO WORK." she ordered me in a stern voice.

I cupped her face and "Okay okay mom I going home only. I will take a rest." I smiled at her and started to leave from there.

When I took two steps she stopped me and said, "Manik, Dhruv called me yesterday. He said you didn't attend his call. He said he wanted to convey something important to you. So call him after you reach home."

"Okay Mom, I will speak with him." I bided bye to her and left for home.

When I entered home, Kaira came running and wrapped her hands around my legs. She looked up and complained in her baby voice "Maneek, Kiara is angwry wid you. You didn't flay wid me. I miswed you." (Manik, Kaira is angry with you. You didn't play with me. I missed you.)

I smiled at her and lifted her. I kissed her cheeks and said, " I too missed my baby girl. Sorry I will play with you now."

Then I heard Navya bhabhi saying, "Kiara it's chachu for you, not Manik. And he is tired baby so he will play with you in the evening." she then made a sad pout and started whining.

I smiled at her actions and told bhabhi, "It's fine bhabhi. I will play with her for some time. Then take rest."

"No manik. If you start playing with her then she will not allow you to stop in the middle. Mom said you didn't sleep. So you go I will manage her." said bhabhi.

"No, it's fine. I will sleep after playing with her." Then Kaira showed her puppy eyes towards Navya bhabhi, "Mumma plwease...Plwease.."

"Okay fine but after that, you should allow him to take a rest. At that time you shouldn't repeat this." she showed her bunny teeth and nodded hurriedly.

Then I played with her for some time. After a lot of happenings, Spending time with Kiara felt good. After that, I left for my room to take a rest.

When I switched on my phone I saw many missed calls from Dhruv. Then I remembered mom asking me to talk with Dhruv. I called him

"Heyy buddy. I was in hospital so I didn't saw my phone."

"Umm...Manik I need to tell you something but I don't know it's important or not."

"Yeah tell me, buddy"

"No, I wanna tell you this directly not over the phone." his words sounded serious to me.

"Is it something serious?"

"Umm...it's regarding Nandini. Can we meet?" it's something unexpected.

"Mmm okay, I will come to our spot in the evening. Right now I can't come. Mom ordered me. You know about her anger, right? I will come by six."

"Okay see you in the evening. Bye"
I settled down on my bed started thinking about the conversation. Dhruv words sounded somewhat serious. Usually, he will talk like this only when there is an emergency or kind of thing. And that too it's about Nandini. I think it's regarding her accident I guess. Few minutes after I drifted off to sleep.
____________________________

Thank you for reading ❤️✨
Please vote, share and comment.

Author's note*
Hey guys, Sorry for the late update. My book has reached 5.3k+ reads and 800+ votes😍. Thanks to each one of you for the wonderful support guys.❤️🤗 Please encourage me with your votes and comments.

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

64.7K 4.5K 23
LOVE BY ACCIDENT ✔️ At a point..in everyone's life..where everything is going wrong..and we know that..this is what we have to live with all our live...
53.5K 4.1K 45
{ ✨💞 it's a ROM-COM book 💞✨} [ He fell first but she fell harder.] Manik Malhotra: He is a successful businessman, known for his sharp mind and cun...
67.5K 4.3K 38
Manik-Nandini, Cabir-Navya were two couples madly in love with eachother. what will happen if destiny plays a cruel game on them and both the couples...
1.1M 43.5K 70
#1 in India marriage #1 in parth #1 in Nandini #1 in south Indian #6 in fan fiction #3 in soulmates This is a story based on how a forced marriage l...