Throne [MxM]

By ThatGravity

"My mother left me and my father was too weak to be there for me. You've already abandoned me before. What ma... More

Prologue Part 1
Prologue Part 2
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
Extra - Angie and Bentley Kinnly
Extra - Kim Kinnly

4

1.8K 63 3
By ThatGravity

Grayson Creed's Point Of View

"I really don't want to listen to this anymore, Oli. Just fuck off and leave me alone," I hissed with venom.

I know I should apologise to my Delta for snapping, but he really pisses me off sometimes.

I shut the door to my office, I turn and make my way to the balcony. The warm breeze of the afternoon somewhat calms my wolf. I end up leaning against the railing, sighing quietly.

The autumn leaves in the forest were radiating in the golden sunlight. I smile briefly at the sight.

The pack house has always been around such beautiful scenery for as long as I remember. Running trough the forest in your wolf form always felt so freeing.

Before my 18th birthday when I was running with my friends, we would spot Colin slipping out of the house to go on walks through those forests almost every other day. He always walked in the dangerous parts of the forests, but no one cared enough to tell him otherwise. No one in the pack necessarily cared if he didn't come back, just like they didn't care when Colin left the pack without a word. The morning after I rejected him.

The reminder of what happened eight years ago still hurts like hell. The feeling is god awful and has my wolf, Mason, whining for his mate.

My stomach twisted into painful knots and my eyes began to sting. I roughly wipe the threatening tears away with my sleeve. Crying wouldn't get my mate back. I fucked it up myself, I have no one to blame but myself.

Regret was the only feeling that courses through me whenever I think of him. I regret how I acted and how I treated him. And for rejecting him and not shutting his lips with mine, so he couldn't say his acceptance of the rejection.

I can't believe one day could ruin everything. How one day could affect my life so much.

The idea of having a male—not to mention one who couldn't shift—mate was scary to me, well young me. But now, now all I want is him. I want him here, leading this pack with me. Today, I would love to show him off and proudly declare him as mine.

But I can't.

Because he left.

Packed up and ran off to goddess knows where, and I can't help but not blame him. Everyone treated him awfully here. His father is broken, he never talks about his mother.

That part wasn't my fault, but I still added to his pain.

Hanging my head in shame, I remain here for god knows how long.

Sighing heavily, I looked back up at the sunny sky. It was too blue, it almost reminded me of his eyes.

I wonder what he's doing right now.

Hell, he could be dead and nobody would have no idea. He never really spoke to anyone in the pack. Nobody made an effort to talk to him either.

I really wish I was with him, or even just knowing if he was safe at least.

Did he have a steady income in the human world? An apartment? Even a house? Did he make any friends after he left?

"Where are you Colin?" I muttered to the sky. The ruffling of leaves on the nearby trees was my only reply.

I guess I lost the right to know how he was doing when I broke him.

I feel my heart sink.

I just wish I could have a second chance.

"Yo, Grayson, you gotta see this," Oliver said, storming into my office with his brother following close behind with an uneasy look on his face.

"What do you want?" I grumbled, putting my head in my hands and rubbing my face.

I needed to focus on getting this peace treaty worked out, or the pack will have major issues in the future. And my Delta wasn't being much help. My Beta, Evan, was out attending a gathering in another pack's territory, standing in for me because I have to get this finished. Without a Luna, I had no help with any of this. No second opinions or even someone telling me that they would take over for me so that I could rest. A Luna usually focused on the packs affairs with each other while the Alpha looked into the foreign affairs. Without a Luna, I was packed with work 24/7.

"Here, here, look! Watch this," Oliver said, snatching the TV remote off of the coffee table that was in front of my desk and flicked it on. Josh had just plopped onto one of the couches that were on either side of the table. He sent me a sympathetic look and I gave him an confused one

'What the hell is he going on about?' I asked through Josh's and I mind link.

'My brother wants to show you a video....I guess it's best you see it for yourself. It's about Colin,' Josh responded sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck and glancing over to Oliver who was pulling up some video. My eyes winded in response as I stared at the two of them.

"What the fuck guys? Why the hell would you think I would care about him anymore, it's been years," I said pissed off, making Oliver turn to me as he finished getting some video ready to play.

"Just watch it. Honestly it's crazy. He's crazy," Josh said, sending me a comforting look as I sighed and leaned back in my chair.

"Fine," I grumbled, glaring at the screen as Oliver flopped down on the other couch that his brother wasn't sitting on and pressed play.

A song began to play, and a photo of a man that looked our age popped up.

The muscular man didn't have a shirt on, showing that he was covered in tattoos. The tattoos went up his neck and covered his chest and arms. The jeans that he was wearing were jet black and the belt that he had on looked expensive. Though you couldn't see his face since his head was turned away from the camera and looking to a car. The car looked to be an matte black ferrari, but I could be wrong because the photo was in black and white.

Once the video was over, I looked at the two brothers with an unamused expression on my face. Yes; the song sounded cool—a bit like 90's rap—, I guess. And the man with all of the tattoos seemed to be an okay singer. But it still had nothing to do with my ex-mate.

"That was sick, right?!" Oliver said excitedly, looking over at me for my approval.

"Why would you think that video would hold any importance to me?" I asked, my tone icy as I shook my head and began flipping back through the treaty.

There was an unknown pack of rouges roaming in the mountains about 100 miles away from my territory line. It's estimated that there are about 50 or less of them. They might be a threat, and most surrounding packs were tense with each other because of it. We all were wanting to know how they flew under our radars and how long they've been doing it. Those rogues seemed well established, which was unusual because no group of rogues stayed together. They usually traveled by themselves or in groups of two or three.

"Colin's successful. I mean, look at the views this video has!" Oliver said, pulling up the videos stats on the TV for us all to see. The video had over 18 million views and looked to be posted only four months ago. The YouTube channel was called 'Colin Skyes'.

"I have other things to worry about. It's not like he would give me the time of day anymore," I reminded him, shaking my head and looking down to read over another document.

"I never thought that the little bitch would actually amount to something," Oliver continued, laughing slightly and picking another video by the same YouTube channel.

Josh's eyes widened at his brother's words and nervously glanced over at me. I felt my fingers clench around the pen I was holding and my wolf growl lowly inside my mind.

"You can leave now, Oliver," I snapped, slipping into my Alpha tone.

Oliver left my office in a rush, shutting the door behind him.

"Sorry about my brother, Alpha," Josh said quietly, standing up from the couch.

"It's alright Josh. It's just hard sometimes," I admitted and he nodded slowly, looking at me with pity.

"Maybe, after we get the rogue pack issue all smoothed over, we could go and track him down? See how he's doing?" Josh offered, making me stop writing mid-word and looked up at him with a small frown.

"You're talking about him, right?" I asked, looking at him with a dull expression.

"Um, yeah...," He said, nodding slowly and glancing at the TV behind him. A blurry paused scene of a music video shown on the screen. The whole screen was a dark blue and you couldn't make out anything.

"It would be a waste of time, it's not like he wants me back. Plus he didn't really add anything to this pack anyway," I said bitterly, closing my eyes in an attempt to calm my snarling wolf down. Mason hated me for rejecting our mate, but what I did was done.

"Well,... h-he may not have had a wolf, but he was still your mate," He said sheepishly but I shook my head, rejecting his words. I glanced up to him to see that he was staring at his shoes and was biting down on his lip. But he still continued sheepishly, "Sometimes I wonder what he's doing... From what Oliver showed me, it looked like he's pretty successful."

"Well then, good for him. Now if you excuse me, I need to finish these documents," I said and Josh nodded quickly, backing out of my office quickly.

He was always the quieter twin between him and Oliver.

I put my head in my hands and tugged on my hair slightly, getting up and shutting off the TV.

"Grayson, honey, can I come in?" Someone said, knocking on the closed door of my office as I inwardly groaned.

I am never going to get these documents done at this rate.

"Yea, come in Ma," I said, turning to where my mother now stood in the doorway. She had a deep set frown on her face as I looked at her with a blank face.

My mother and I's relationship was rocky after my 18th birthday, when I rejected Colin. I guess she had always had a soft spot for him, even though I never really took much notice in it until I rejected him.

No one in the pack really ever saw Payton—Colin's Dad—around, even before his son left the pack. And everyone knew about his human mate who walked out on him a long time ago.

I remember when Oliver, Josh, Evan and I were growing up, Oliver used to tease Colin about it. Now, I had realized that it was a lot less teasing and more like verbal assault.

"I assume you overheard the Oliver and Josh?" I asked, rolling my eyes and tossing the remote down then plopped down onto the couch that my Delta had been sitting at.

"I did... And I've managed to contact Colin," She said, giving me a small cautious smile and sat down on the opposite couch.

"When?" I asked, making her divert her eyes and clear her throat.

"A few weeks ago, he didn't have much time to speak and didn't say all much. All that I know is that he is fairing well in human society," She said, smoothing out her skirt with a nervous look on her face.

"Why are you telling me this?" I asked, narrowing my eyes at her. Her head snapped up to look at me and her eyes hardened also.

"Because I want you two to be happy, together, like the moon goddess wanted you to be. Do you think she would pair you together to make you miserable?" She asked and I pursed my lips.

"I have bigger things to worry about," I stated and she nodded her head.

"The pack is important: you want your people to be safe from those rogues. But you can only go so far leading the pack without a mate by your side. He will make you stronger," My mother said, leaning her elbows on her knees and clasping her hands.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 35.6K 25
I let out another silent whimper as I curled up tighter into myself. When will he stop this time? I already gave up wishing that he would finally kil...
835K 22K 30
"You're mine," he growls. "I am not an object so back off!" He steps closer to me and pins me against the wall. "You're mine," he whispers in my ear...
133K 5.2K 28
Working two jobs to support his parents after dropping out of school, Connor wouldn't consider himself a catch. The powerful Alpha who sets his sight...
134K 5K 30
Omega rejected alpha regret it desc.: (Excerpt from story) Those heart breaking words leave her mouth, making tears flow down my cheeks freely. "I A...