𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐌𝐘 𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐏�...

By Tavisshid

Katherine Forsythe has had a difficult life. Being abused for almost her whole life by her mother and her ste... More

Intro and Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
A/N
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Character Update
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
!Questions!
Chapter 22
!Answers!
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
ℂ𝕒𝕤𝕥
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
chapter 39
Chapter 40
Epilogue
Goodbye
Announcement
Bonus Chapter
New Book!!

Chapter 29

23.5K 556 154
By Tavisshid

"Just keep driving!" I shout out, before rolling down my window. Half my body was hanging out the window, as I take my aim and fire three shots, two of them successfully hitting the tires of the first car making it swerve out of the road, but right behind were three more and soon I caught sight of a man pulling himself up through the sunroof, and aiming his gun towards us, more specifically me.

I ducked inside just in time to miss the shots being fired at us. Quite few of them broke through our back window, shattering glass through our back seats. My heart was pounding against my rib cage and by the startled look on Luca's face so was his.

The car was moving at an alarmingly fast pace. We had passed the road and reached a bridge, ahead of us was what looked like a forest, as I took a look outside I realised how I didn't even faintly recognise where we were.

Luca had taken some random turns trying to loose the trailing cars but to no luck, and just when I had gotten hope that we would be able to hide out in the first in front of us. The absolute worst happened.

The sound of several gun shots rang across the area and before I knew it the car was spinning out of control both me and Luca screaming at the top of lungs, him trying to get the car back into place while I tried to prepare myself for the impact of a crash because I knew that there was no way I could get out in time.

It was as if it all was happening in slow motion, the car span until it came in contact with the low railing of the bridge, toppling over it and falling right into the river. The impact felt like I had just fallen on a ton of bricks, the seats preventing me from dying on impact but I was pretty sure I already had a couple of bruised bones if not broken.

I opened my eyes that were previously squeezed shut. Luca beside me was trying to take off his seatbelt, clicking it but that appeared to be stuck, giving up on that he started to roughly pull at it in hopes of tearing it off.

I quickly got to work, moving hands towards my boot, my hands were trembling from the shock, but I finally got the knife out of the side. Slicing the belt off of me I turn towards Luca who has now resorted to chewing off the belt.

Once he was finally free, we both turned to our doors, Luca's opened easily as he started to swim up towards the surface while I was still trying to open my door, I hit my whole body against the window. When the fuck did I even close it?!

I decided to swim across through the driver's seat, but stopped suddenly when excruciating pain shot through my left leg, looking back I saw how my ankle had gotten tangled up under the seat, I tried to pull it out but whimpered when pain again shot through my leg.

I couldn't even yell up to my stupid fucking brother, as he was almost to the surface. I tried desperately to move out, but my lungs were throbbing from the lack of oxygen, my body aching and slowly growing tired as I let go of my leg.

I had held my breath in a pool before, this wasn't like that. This was like having a gun to my head and being told not to let my heart beat. Of course it will beat. And just like the heart must go on my lungs will inhale whether it is air or briny water. In the moment that the coolness rushes in I know I am already dead. In moments I will float like the sea weed, nothing more than flesh and bones ready to decay in the currents.

The light of the sun fading slowly, panic was still at the back of my head, but my body too physically exhausted to try any more, tiny bubbles floated in front of my face, air escaping my mouth as water took its place.

Luca's POV

Fucking hell!

I could let even process whatever the fuck had happened in the past couple of minutes but right now my focus was on us actually surviving. Thank god Xavier insisted on swimming lessons, I don't think I have ever swam this fast, turning once to look back at Kate, my eyes widened as she didn't appear behind me but still in the car.

What the fuck was she doing? I turned back to move towards her, please don't die. The current in the water made it far more difficult to reach her, but I propelled forward as fast as I could. She wasn't moving, dear god please move! My hands and legs were starting to hurt, I had to be fast, I had no idea how long I could last.

When I finally reached her, I could see her body splayed out on the seats, eyes closed as her hands lay limply across her body, one leg was propped up against her seat as the other looked to be caught under her seat.

I swam towards her seat, internally apologising to her before I grabbed her ankle and twisted it, dislocating it and sliding it out of the seat. Pulling her up by her arms I hooked an arm around her waist as I swam upwards.

I had no idea how I was even conscious right now. My mind was only focused on Kate and how she might already be dead.

Trying to have a positive outlook, I pushed forward, pulling through the surface taking a huge gasp of air. I ignored the blinding pain in my body, finally on the ground I lay her body down.

Without wasting a second I started CPR on her. Pushing her chest periodically then tilting her head, pinching her nose and blowing air into her mouth. I repeated the process quite a few times. My hopes decreasing "Come on Kate. Please, come on." I begged her to wake up. This could not happen, not yet. Hot tears fell onto my cool cheeks, blurring my vision slightly.

I kept on trying again and again. I couldn't call 911 or any of my brothers, given our phones had been soaked in the river with us. Finally, just as I was about to give up hope, Kate, shot up coughing up water. I had never been more relieved in my life.

Not giving it a second thought I latched onto her, cradling her head in my left hand while the other held on to her waist, I rocked slightly, thanking every god up there for saving my sister.

The moment was interrupted by a voice coming from behind me. I turned to see a a couple and two kids beside them, they had travel badges on their person, and looked like they were some tourists.

"You guys need some help?" The man asked, I only sighed dropping my head against Kate's, my body finally giving into the exhaustion.

Kate's POV

I had woken up, feeling just as tired as I had before I went to sleep. I was currently in the hospital bed, pain medication working it's magic as my body felt practically numb. As it turns out my side of the car had taken the impact during the fall, leading to me having two broken ribs, a big gash on my forehead, a dislocated ankle which was caused by Luca as he tried to get me out of the car, and countless scratches on my body due to the broken glass.

The sound of the door, made me turn towards it, seeing Luca enter the room, unlike me he only had a bandage around his head and a few bruises and scratches here and there. He limped up to my bed and sat at the chair bedside me.

He didn't say a word for a long, avoiding meeting my eye, there was an awkward silence surrounding the room, none of us saying anything until we both broke it at the same time.

"Thank you."
"I'm sorry."

"Wait what?" Why the hell would he be sorry. The idiot saved my life, I would have been dead if he hadn't come back to save me. "Why the hell are you sorry?"

He looked up finally. "You got hurt, pretty badly. If I would have been more careful we could have prevented that." He said guilt lacing every word he spoke. "You almost died today. I should have been better prepared for something like this."

"Are you an idiot?" I couldn't stop myself from asking the question. He looked up confused. "You saved me. If it wasn't for you I would have easily drowned in there. So stop blaming yourself. It wasn't your fault. The only person at fault are the people who chased us."

"I know, but I just-."

"Ah ah ah. Stop it." I broke him mid sentence. "You came back. You could have gone out. But you came back knowing full well that you could get hurt too, it isn't something anyone has ever done for me. Hell, it isn't something I'd do for someone else. But you wanted to save me first. That's enough in my eyes for you to be in the good here."

He sighed, head hanging down slightly, still not convinced. I cupped his chin pulling his face up to meet my eyes. "I forgive you." He saw the look in my eyes and knew I wasn't forgiving him for this. There was nothing here that he needed forgiveness for. I was forgiving him for what had happened.

He immediately shook his head, "No, you're just hoped up on those damn meds, this isn't real, you can't just forgive me like this. Not without me earning it." I laughed lightly but winced at the end due to the pressure on my ribs.

"This forgiveness isn't just for nothing. You put me before yourself. That isn't a human instinct, you made that decision, and that earns my forgiveness." After what felt like forever he smiled taking a hold of my hand.

He chuckled out of no where, as I turned to him in confusion he motioned towards our foreheads "we match." I laughed at that more that I should. And that is how we sat bonding over matching injuries.

"So, how are you two?" The others had arrived just a couple of minutes later. All five of my brothers sat in my room. "Good now, though my body stills hurts. My mind is alive." I spoke as I sluggishly ate a banana.

"Any idea who could have been behind the attack?" Luca asked, the fire behind his eyes telling me how he thirsted for revenge. "Oh I have my suspicions." Xavier answered grimly and I knew exactly who he was talking about. The fucking Russians.

"So what are we gonna do now?" Alex asked. Worry clear on his face.

"We are gonna have a ball!" Xavier said. A small smile on his face, replacing the frown that sat just a second ago. "What?" I exclaimed "Does this seriously look like the time to throw a fancy party?"

"This seems like the time to rally up our allies. If we are actually going up against the fucking Russians then we are going to need whatever help we can get. And that includes our allies, legal and not legal. A ball is the perfect place to meet up with these people and get them to back us up against Solokov and his mafia."

I gotta give it to Xavier he did have a valid point. "But now there is another problem. I literally have nothing to wear for the fancy party."

"Okay first it's a ball. You saying it's a fancy party ruins the aesthetic of it and second you don't have to worry about the dress because by the time you reach home, someone will be there who has a great sense of style and is going to be super excited to take you shopping." Xavier replied.

"Who?" "You'll see soon." Too tired to argue I just let it go.

We spent rest of the time eating takeout in my room and talking about random shit.

————————————————————————

So what do you guys think?!? I really hoped you liked this chapter.

NOW I HAVE SOME NEWS!

Since my exams have begun the updates will be slow, I will try my best to put a chapter up but I will be super busy with prep so no promises. I hope you guys understand and would be willing to wait. Thank you😘😘😘

I tried my best to make the drowning scene good. Let me know what you guys thought!

Love you all!💕💕✨✨

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

767K 27.9K 61
Maya Rogers is used to taking care of herself. After living alone with her uncle for years, she has known who she is and what she needs to do to surv...
584K 11.5K 19
-COMPLETED- 13 years ago the Romano manor was filled with the young mafia princess's giggles as her 'brothers' chased her around the house. Lit...
522K 10.9K 44
The D'Martini family especially D'Martini brothers are feared and respected by everyone across New York City. But what all of them don't know is the...