Suicidal Ideation『Depressed T...

By __startover

(This work is abandoned, there was supposed to be one last additional chapter, however it will not be finishe... More

#1 | Broken
#2 | Back Home
#3 | Training And Consequences
#4 | I'll Be Here Until You're Okay
#5 | Falling But Nobody Knows
#6 | Where's The Hero Now?
#7 | Sticks And Stones, They Break Bones
#8 | The Old Me Won't Work
#9 | Now I Wonder, Why You Bothered
#11 | Every Stroke Of Luck Has Got A Bleed Through
#12 | I Thought I Could Fly, So Why Did I Drown?
#13 | Scream And Yell, But I Feel Speechless
#14 | You're Too Wrapped Up In Your Self Doubt
#15 | Promise I'm Thinking, Overthinking Quite A lot
#16 | You Got Your Armor, But I See Your Flaws
#17 | You're Here For A Reason, But You Don't Know Why
#18 | How Much It Means To Me That You're Trying

#10 | Maybe We All Get Lost Sometimes

1.1K 29 47
By __startover

The night was peaceful, Aizawa and Hizashi talking quietly in an attempt to not wake up Shouto.

"You think he'll be okay?" Hizashi asked, worry obvious on his face.

"Honestly? No. He just came back from the fucking hospital Hizashi, and they already want his statement." Aizawa groaned. "Can't he catch a break?"

"I know. But you know that the media will find out soon, right? I think the best we can do is try to comfort him. He still has to adjust to moving from a harmful environment so abruptly."

And Aizawa did know this. He knew that it would take time for Shouto to adjust, and for him to fully trust them. After all, he was used to being thrown aside. And don't even get Aizawa started on the media. Those nosy people can't mind their own business. Always looking for another story to write, no matter who it affects.

He just hopes Shouto would learn to trust them. But all Aizawa could do right now, was reassure him that he's safe.

"Fine. You're right." Aizawa picked his head up from the couch. "I'm gonna go check on him. Try not to be too loud, okay?"

"Hey! Don't think so little of me. I can be quiet when needed."

"For sure." Aizawa rolled his eyes, standing up.

Hizashi continued to complain while Aizawa made his way to Shouto's room. He peeked his head through the door to be met with a snoring Shouto. He looked so peaceful and carefree.

Aizawa wished he could always be like this. Relaxed.

At the moment, Aizawa wanted to beat the shit out of Endeavor for ever hurting Shouto. For ever daring to direct a single harmful hand at him. He honestly couldn't understand what made Endeavor think traumatizing the boy would make him stronger.

Hizashi came, snapping Aizawa out of his thoughts.

"Let's go to sleep. It's been over 2 days since you last slept; Any longer and you'll be dead on the floor."

They quickly got ready for bed, falling asleep almost immediately.

『✰❦✰』

[ I'm telling you I almost 100% forgot about class 1-A...(^L^) ]

Midoirya walked lifelessly in and out of classes the whole day.

It had been a week since they'd been told about Shouto's attempt. They had gotten supply teachers for Aizawa-Sensei and Yamada-Sensei since they were the ones watching Shouto (Midoriya wasn't sure why Yamada-Sensei was gone, but he put it aside) He wasn't in his best state, and his classmates weren't faring very well either. Many had lost their spark. Bakugou not as loud, Kaminari not as energetic, even Iida had quieted down on his demands. No one had been the same. Each worrying in their own way about their dual-haired friend.

Finally, classes were over, Midoriya stumbles out of the campus, making his way to the dorms, trying to avoid any possible human interactions.

He ran up the stairs until he stood in front of his dorm, just staring.

"You okay, Deku?" Uraraka asked, making her way over to him.

"Yeah, I'm great. My best friend just tried to kill himself, and I can't even visit him, or know how he's doing." Midoriya said, tears rolling down his cheeks."Dammit. Dammit, dammit, dammit."

He had attempted in every way possible to visit Shouto, none working.

Midoriya slid down the wall, bringing his knees up to his chest, and wrapping his arms around them.

Uraraka bent down beside him, rubbed circles on his back, attempting to calm him down.

"It's okay Deku. All of us are upset; You don't need to keep beating yourself up for it."

She had been watching Midoriya beat himself up, and if she was honest, she had also blamed herself.

Blamed herself for not noticing earlier. For not making an effort to see how Shouto really felt, because really? It was clear as day.

All the signs were so obvious, it's like they were screaming at her. And she just ignored it. Let the days pass by, closer and closer, until it was too late. She failed as a hero.

But not just that,

She failed as a friend.

As she comforted her crying friend, tears glided down her face.

She understood how Midoriya felt. She felt the same way. But she had to be strong. For Midoriya.

For her class.

For Shouto.

『✰❦✰』

The rest of class 1-A were in the common room, not a single noise could be heard.

Bakugou had been helping Kirishima study, surprising the boy when the yelling was kept to a minimum. Kaminari had been on his phone, no clear expression on his face. Yaoyorozu had been making tea for anyone who wanted, while Iida was taking a nap, having been completely ignoring Bakugou's feet up on the table.

It had been quiet until Asui had decided to speak up.

"Kero. I know we're all upset, but sulking around isn't going to do anything." She bluntly noted.

"Yeah, I guess. But what do you want us to do? Continue our lives as if nothing is happening while our friend is suffering?" Mina said from her place next to Hakugure.

"This is gonna end up affecting our grades. I know you all care about Todoroki, as do I, but I don't think he would've wanted us risking our hero careers because of him." Asui responded.

"We don't even know what Todoroki even wanted! We thought he was okay before he tried to literally kill himself!" Sero yelled, making himself known.

"I don't think we should be talking about this!" Iida noted, having woken up from his nap.

"Have we really been talking about anything lately?" Shinsou asked, his eyes closed and head leaning against the couch.

No one answered his question.

"Can we all please just calm down? We still don't know why Todoroki even attempted." Yaoyorozu said nervously from the kitchen.

"I don't care why he attempted. As soon as I see that bastard, I'll beat the shit out of him for trying to kill himself. He hasn't given me a rematch after that shit he pulled at the Sports Festival!" Bakugou declared, hitting Kirishima's head.

"Bakubro, I don't think this is a good time to be talking about that." Kirishima winced when Bakugou gave him a death stare.

"I'm going to bed. I'll see you all later." Kaminari said, getting up from his spot and walking to the elevator.

"Kaminari, you never go to bed this early," Jirou noted, attempting to change the subject.

"Yeah well, I don't exactly like talking about a classmate who tried to kill themself." Kaminari uncharacteristically said.

"Woah, dude. You good?"

"Yeah, I'm just peachy. I'm in a perfect mood after finding out my classmate tried to end their own life. Do you think-" Kaminari stopped midsentence after taking in all that he said.

His eyes widened.

He hadn't meant to say that. But he had been bottling up these emotions for a week, it was bound to burst at some point. Except he hadn't meant to take it out on his classmates. It wasn't their fault, and he knew that. For some reason, he was just so angry. At himself. At the world. But there was something else. Not just anger. Maybe sadness, grief, or even pain. He didn't know, but he knew it wasn't the 'positive' Kaminari emotion everyone knows and loves.

"I'm going to bed."

Kaminari walked into the elevator, sparing one more glance at his friend's shocked faces.

"Well, that was..." Shinsou started.

"Weird" Jirou finished.

『✰❦✰』

Kaminari slammed the door to his dorm shut, sliding down against the wall.

Why was he feeling like this?

He hadn't been particularly close to Shouto, but they held some conversations.

Something was eating him up from the inside. Because it was his job.

His job to cheer up his classmates.

The 'class clown'. The person who brings joy to everyone. He tells anyone that if they need someone, to talk to or even to just spend time together, to come anytime. That he's always there, ready to help. But he couldn't help Shouto.

It was destroying him.

But it was his fault still.

He could've tried harder, tried to get Shouto to open up. Or could've spent more time together, learning about each other.

But he didn't.

He didn't try, and he didn't notice.

Didn't notice his classmate's suffering. Didn't notice his classmate hurting himself.

And it wasn't only him who didn't notice. No one did. Shouto had been harming himself, in the dorms, no one noticed. No one noticed when he winced if he moved his arm the wrong way, or if someone made any kind of contact, he'd flinch.

It's not like he blamed his classmates. How could he? He didn't see it either.

He'd been useless.

An idiot. Just like everyone says he is.

As Kaminari went down a road of self-deprecating thoughts, a knock on the door sounded.

"Denki?"

"Yeah?" Kaminari sniffed.

"Can I come in?"

Kaminari moved away from the door.

"Yeah."

The door opened, revealing a head of purple hair.

[ They are not dating, I just headcanon them as best friends (I guess it's pretty canon as well, but still), and so they call each other by their first names <3 ]

Shinsou came over and sat beside Kaminari.

"How're you feeling?"

Kaminari groaned.

"Amazing." He replied sarcastically.

They sat in silence, Kaminari staring at nothing in particular.

"What're you thinking?"

Kaminari didn't reply.

"Denki."

Kaminari tcked in anger. Why was everyone asking him that?

"You wanna know what I'm thinking, Hitoshi?" Kaminari's voice raised as he got more agitated. "I'm thinking about how fucking stupid I am! For not noticing! For not trying hard enough! For just being an idiot in general." Kaminari's voice lowered and lowered until it was just a whisper.

"I'm useless." He lowered his head, his hair covering his eyes.

Shinsou's shocked face was clear as day.

"You're not useless. And you're not an idiot. You do realize that none of us knew either, right? Don't blame yourself for something that was completely out of your control. You couldn't have known."

They sat in silence. Not a word being spoken between the two boys.

They simply just enjoyed each other's presence.

『✰❦✰』

Kirishima had made his way to Kaminari's room.

He had to admit, he was surprised Kaminari was this upset. He knew that all his classmates had been upset, even the ones Shouto wasn't close to, but Kaminari's outburst had caught him completely by surprise.

Although he wasn't surprised to see Shinsou with Kaminari sitting next to each other. Everyone knew they had been close, after all.

Not wanting to distract them, he left to his room.

Kirishima knew how Kaminari and Midoriya were feeling. He and Shouto obviously hadn't been close like Midoriya had been, due to their different friend group and personalities. Kirishima still saw him as a close friend, even if it was one-sided.

In the beginning, Kirishima would deny it, but he hadn't been a fan of Shouto. His cold, aloof personality could be troubling to deal with. He hadn't seen him as a 'man'. Although one day, that all just disappeared. The class should probably thank Midoriya for that one. Had it not been for him, they may not even have the Shouto they all came to know and love.

At least, they thought they knew.

Kirishima had a bond with everyone in the class, some weren't as strong as others, but they were still there.

Now knowing that what little of a bond he had with Shouto might've not even been true, dispirited Kirishima greatly.

Especially because his brain would not let him forget that encounter he had with Shouto a couple of weeks ago. When they bumped into each other in the washroom, he had realized that Shouto didn't look as he usually did, but did nothing about it. He didn't dwell on it, didn't attempt to figure out if anything was wrong. Nothing.

He just continued his life while his classmate was hurting.

Kirishima wanted to punch himself in the face for being so useless. Oblivious wasn't the right word, because he had realized something was off, but simply ignored it because he thought it would've annoyed Shouto to get in his business.

Now he knew, he should've tried harder.

And that broke him.

He hadn't even realized that he made it to his dorm room 5 minutes ago, or that he was crying.

Yet, he had noticed it when Bakugou left a hand on his shoulder, whispering,

"Don't blame yourself, fucking Shitty Hair."

And left, walking into his room.

Kirishima's spirit lightened ever so slightly, a small smile making its way up to his face.

And he would forever thank Bakugou because now, he had one mission,

Comfort Shouto.

Words: 2133

The title is based on the song "Sometimes", by Kodaline.

Heheheheheh

Guess who actually managed to post a chapter on time, and finished early so she started the next chapter as well?

That's right, it's this bitch.

Also, I know that like prob all of class 1-A is OOC. It was just my interpretation of how'd they react to the news.

And, I'm so so sorry for missing last week's chapter! I had recently just moved and had an internet problem, so I was unable to post.

Just a warning,

Don't be getting too comfortable, fluff may be taking control right now, but don't let the angst catch you by surprise.

I have some hellish things in mind. (:<

Have an amazing Morning/Afternoon/Night!

__startover

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.7K 1.4K 19
Everything's fine. Everything's fine on the outside, but on the inside, Todoroki is hurting. Life pretty much sucks between his abusive dad and...
461K 17.3K 70
•Soulmate! and Villain! AU• (Follows manga timeline but I change some things! It also focuses more on Midoryia as a villain!) "When your 16th birthda...
272K 6.9K 23
Izuku Midoriya may seem like your average happy boy with a Quirk, who goes to school with a bright smile on his face.... However, his home life is in...
27.9K 1.2K 48
✨completed as of 12/12/21✨ ⭐️97k+ words⭐️ 🌞 finished editing as of 1/2/22🌞 🧀you can see my writing get better throughout this book lol🧀 When Izu...