Sonder

By JadenBabes

Sonder The profound feeling of realizing that everyone, including strangers passed in the street, has a life... More

Disclaimer
Characters
Background Story
1
2
3
Hiii
Recap
Malibu Adventures
Rainy Day Kisses
Reminiscing
Getting High on the Coast
Do You Got Plans Tonight?

Caught in your Spell

183 7 0
By JadenBabes

[Nico's p.o.v]

I open my eyes to see a head full of curls, I smell the soft cloud and smile, inhaling a subtle coconut scent. I gently tighten my arm around Odee, rubbing circles on her stomach with my thumb. She hums awake, "good morning" I whisper into her ear while kissing her cheek. I move her hair to the side and gently peck her neck with kisses. "nicooo you know what that does to me" she says trying to push my head away, I smirk and lay back down. We stay in bed for a little longer until I realize that Odee may have to work today.

"Do you know what Mikey has you doing today?" I ask. She hums a no. We end up falling back to  sleep, until her annoying alarm went off. She gets up and I groan that she is out of my touch. I may be developing some strong feelings for her, I think to myself but then push the thought aside. She gets up and throws on one of my hoodies before walking towards the door. I get up and rush to her, embracing her from behind I lean my chin on her shoulder "have a good day" I say while kissing her cheek. And with that she was gone.

[Odee's p.o.v]

Walking back to my room, I can't help to think why Nico was acting strange. It was nothing out of the ordinary, he just seemed happier. I suppose that isnt a bad thing, so why do I feel uneasy about it I think to myself. I knock on the door, hoping Willow is awake since I forgot the room key. "I'm taking my ten minute morning nap!" Willow shouts through the door, I laugh and slide down next to the door and sit. I go through my phone and see that Mikey told me to meet him in the lobby by 12pm since he has some interviews and meetings to attend.

It just turned 11am, I feel the hallway floor rumbling a bit and a bunch of noise coming from down the hall. I stand up and try to flatten myself on the wall so I dont get trampled by whatever is heading its way towards me. Yelling was soon accompanied by a group of guys, speeding past me on skateboards. I laugh knowing that Mikey is going to get a warning from the hotel manager about the disturbance. I see Ryder in the back of the group and wave before he passes me.

He hops off his board and approaches me. He gives me a hug which I kindly return, he seems to be in a good mood today, thankfully. "hey" He says looking at me, examining the big hoodie of mine which belonged to Nico. "Im guessing you slept well" He says while raising his eyebrows up and down. I look down and laugh it off. "Oooo youre blushing, Im just messing with you" He says while nudging me a little, "You guys going to explore?" I ask Ryder. He nods his head yes, not wanting to hold him up from the rest of the guys I tell him to go and join them. He soon leaves and I am left alone once again.

Nico 🤍:

Did you leave yet?

Me:

No

"You may now enter" Willow says while opening the door for me. "Good morning to you too" I say while rolling my eyes. I take a shower and do my hair, I start going through my suitcase and decide to wear something casual, my outfit was just a baggy button up with baggy pants. I touch up my makeup one last time before exiting the bathroom.

I am suprised to see Nico sitting on my bed on his phone. "Well hi again" I say walking to my camera bag, "Hey, I asked Mikey if it was ok if I tagged along. if thats ok with you, if not I can-" He says while I interrupt "Its all good, just pleaseee let me be professional while Mikey is doing his interviews". He smiles and nods his head understandably. I check everything in my camera bag before walking, telling Nico lets go. Shouting a bye to Willow, Nico and I walk towards the elevator.

Once we step in, Nico walks up to me, while I back up against the wall. I look up and see him smirking, he begins to kiss me, grabbing hold of my waist and cupping the side of my face. It was a slow makeout sesh, he pulls my head closer to him trying to deepen the kiss until. "Ding" we hear and step back from each other, Nico flashes me a smile while I fluff my hair. The elevator door opens, Mikey looks towards us with a smile, "Our car is outside" he says before we all exit the building.

[time skip to interview]

"Mikey what did you bring to Tokyo?" somebody asks Mikey, we were currently in this big room with skaters, reporters, and other media. I feel a bit bored, I just want to be out with the other guys skating. I space out for the next hour with the endless questions being asked. I just tried to keep my composure.

"So Odette, what do you bring to Illegal Civilization" I am soon taken out of my day dream and I look for the person who asked the question, it was Nico. I smile and fix my posture "Well I am the brands photographer, I try to bring the creative side out of all the guys when behind the camera. Mikey actually helped me tremendously with my career. And I cant thank him enough for that, so until then I continue working for Illegal Civ and I enjoy every bit of it." I speak truthfully, I mouth a thank you to Nico when the attention is off of me. He gives me a smile with two thumbs up.

I mentally thank him for asking me a question I was able to answer. The interview continues with more questions for Mikey and the plans he has for IC and the guys. During the two hours we've been here, I've noticed Nico staring at me. It was cute nonetheless, but the look in his eyes was something I've never seen before. Like adoration, but who am I kidding we're just friends and we both know that. 

The interview finally was wrapping up, I gathered my belongings before walking down stage and meeting with Nico. "That was so uncomfortable" I tell Nico while he slings his arm around my shoulder and kisses the top of my head. "You did great baby" He says with wide eyes while I look up at him, blushing while I squeeze his cheeks. "That was cute but funny" I say laughing a little. We walk out the venue while Mikey goes into another room for some meetings. We walk just exploring the area just a little before I remember that I should visit my Obachan. I pull out my phone and dial her number, its been awhile since we've spoken. My phone rings and someone picks up and I soon hear a sweet soft voice. "hello? hellooo" she said on the other line. "Obochan..its Odette" I say slowly. "Odette! oh honey how much I've missed you" She says which brings a smile on my face. "I'm in Tokyo, is it fine if I visit you today?" I ask, in hopes she says yes. "Of course, do you remember where I stay?" she asks. "Yes, see you soon. Bye" I hang up the phone with a smile.

"Nico, do you want to come with me to see my grandmother?" I ask looking up at him. "Of course" he says smiling down at me. We hop on a train, I look out the window passing by all the buildings. I look at Nico who is staring at me once again, I smile at him and watch a smile grow on his face. His eyes roam my face, from my eyes to my nose to the strand of hair in front of my forehead to my lips and then back to my eyes. "Im caught in your spell" Nico says under his breath, but I was able to catch what he said. I smile and look back at the window laying my head on his shoulder. 

We arrive to the doorstep of my grandmothers house, I hesitate to knock the door. "Im nervous" I say to Nico fiddling with my fingers. He smiles and knocks the door for me I thank him and soon the door opens up. "Odette" My grandmothers eyes gleam with joy, she reaches her arms out for me to enter. "come in, come in" she urges us. Taking our shoes off we walk into her living area and sit, "you've grown into such a beautiful woman Odette, how come you havent visited sooner? where's Ryder? you guys used to go everywhere with each other." she says while examining me. "Thank you, and yes I know it has been a while since ive spoken to you. I've just been very busy with my photography and with the incident my life was uneasy" I say and glance at Nico who I forgot was here. "Oh, forgive me. This is Nico he is my friend. We work for the same company, I take pictures of him and our other friends." I say in a rush. 

"He is too handsome to just be your friend" she says while raising her eyebrows, causing me to laugh and Nico blushing. She soon pulls out a photo book, filled with pictures of me and Diggy when we were kids. My phone soon starts to ring, "Ill be back" I say while exiting the living area. "Hello" I say, "Yooo, you gotta come out and skate Odee. These dudes are sick, you gotta come and take some pics. Ryder has been filming all day" Olan shouts through the phone. "Ill try my best to go, text me the address" I tell him "aight" he says before ending the call. I walk around her house, reminiscing on the summers I would spend here when my mother couldn't stand taking care of me. 

 I pear into the room and hear my grandmother telling Nico about my childhood. "Odette and Diggy had it rough, especially Odette. Their mother wasn't the best example of a mother and dad was always in and out the picture. They usually got dropped off here during the summers because their mom got tired of taking care of them, although she didnt do much of it. But somehow Odette was able to overcome all the things her mother has done to her. My granddaughter is very strong, dont let that fool you though because deep down she wishes she could be vulnerable and sensitive." my grandmother says. 

I walk back into the room. "I apologize grandmother but I have some things to handle, right now. I can visit another time" I say walking up to her and giving her a hug. "Come over anytime and maybe bring Diggy and Ryder with you next time." she says with a smile, walking us to the door Nico exits first before my grandmother pulls my arm back "he seems like a good man, I like him for you" my grandmother tells me. I laugh and tell her bye. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79 13 9
Imagine knowing how your friends are going to die, but you can't do anything about it or you'll die.
20.3K 224 19
She didn't even feel deserved at the time. Being with someone she truly adore and being present enough in the moment that the world literally slows d...
58.9K 5.6K 40
Everything's not always what it seems..sometimes you just need a safe haven.
2.2K 104 26
People walk into our lives for a reason. Eventually we realize why and sometimes, we are never the same.