The Burlington Academy Boys

By ActuallyitsAnonymous

Frances Morris' life is about to change. After finding out about her step mom's plan of sending her to a boar... More

The Burlington Academy Boys
Previewwwwwww
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Nine

3.8K 126 22
By ActuallyitsAnonymous

Chapter Nine:

Bree sat down a few flights from the ground on the school's bleachers. The only reason why I even agreed to come to this game is for the food that awaits for me. After rejecting Etienne a while ago, I felt shitty for the rest of the day. I kept thinking if I made the right choice. Am I falling for him? There has to be a way to make it up to him. Don't get me wrong, he's also a friend. And a friend is by far more important than a stupid relationship that's meant to flunk one way or another.

Boys come and go. But friends? Once you let them go, nothing will be the same. You will never be the same. What if all I want for now is friendship? Surely, Etienne should understand that. French boys are just so complicated. Are they just good at french kissing?

"You know what, you've been thinking way too seriously for the past hour. Do you need me to act as your shrink?" Bree asked, snapping me out of my drowning thoughts.

I shook my head and sent her a small smile. "Thanks, but I have to turn your offer down. You and psychiatry just don't feel right in a sentence." 

Bree fake frowned and slapped my arm sending billions of aftershocks. "I hate you. Don't you know I'm meant to replace our school's guidance counselor? Everyone is asking for my advice."

"What kind of advice? Oh, I know! 'Hey Bree, what should I wear if I want to look slutty?' Is that it?" I asked, trying to contain my laughter.

Bree raised her perfectly outlined left eyebrow. "That hurts, Frances."

I stretched my legs, accidentally hitting a man in a black shirt. "I'm sorry." I apologized.

He glared then shook his head.

"Anyway, I will just grab some coke from the drink stand. I don't get this school sometimes. Alcohol is legal for eighteen year olds. But, they do not allow it." I said.

"How old are you?"

"Seventeen."

"See? There are underage people taking advantage of the law in order for them to get pissed." Bree reasoned out. "Besides, you're American right? They allow you to drink at the age of twenty - one. You should be used to it."

I laughed, "Here am I, thinking I can finally experience the feeling of being drunk as hell for I am in a country that allows eighteen year old teenagers to drink, but I turned out to contradict myself. Can I be the world's greatest paradox?"

Bree giggled, "I'm sorry about earlier by the way."

Bree doesn't know that I don't have any clue of what's happening. It's not her fault.

"It's alright. I'll be back." I told her as I went to descend the stairs.

The Burlington Academy football field is packed with students of the school, who are very few, but students from St. Catherine mostly dominate the crowd. I walked towards the drink stand and ordered for a can of diet coke. I was tapping away on my phone telling Harry not to call me tonight because I'm on a game. Harry is not a fan of soccer. Like any other American teenage boy, he's damn obsessed with basketball.

"Oh my God! Isn't that Euan Lawrence?" A girl from behind me screamed which caught my attention.

A guy with blackish - brown hair came and winked at the girl who uttered his name as if it was the Prince of England's name. Talk about being a flirt. I thought Francois is the biggest flirt on the face of the earth.

"Here's your diet coke, love." The girl behind the stand said.

"Thanks. Can I also please have-"

"Excuse me, may I please have a gatorade." The boy said, cutting through the line and my extra order.

I immediately hate this guy. What the hell is wrong with him? Can't he see that there's one long line in front of the stand and people actually are patiently waiting for their turn and he just butted in?

I tapped his hard muscular shoulder. He turned around and smiled at me as if he just got his braces off and he's broadcasting it to the world by grinning like the fool he is.

"Yes?"

Oh, what a great shame that he is naturally handsome. And he has really nice eyes. Shiny and brown as chocolate. But seriously, what's the use of being the world's most handsome creature if you cut through the line? What's the essence of those nice brown eyes if he can't even see there's a queue of people waiting for their turn?

"I appreciate that you are so popular and a player but please, learn how to wait for your turn." I said, side stepping him. "I'm asking for another diet coke before this arsehole came. May I please have mine first?"

"Woah, Don't you know who I am?" He asked me, leaning over the stand.

I gave him a sarcastic smile. "Euan? Right?"

He smiled and crossed his arms on his chest. "Exactly."

"And I don't care." I said, grabbing my diet coke then walked away.

Do not mess with me when I crave for diet cokes. That guy? He's one of those who thinks the world is so darn in love with them.

"Wait!" Euan said, running after me. "What do you mean by you don't care?"

I rolled my eyes and turned around to face him. "I don't care who you are, alright? You should learn how to wait."

He smirked, "You're something."

"Well you're nothing-"

"Frances,"

Oh, great. Etienne is here.

"Sennet! My mate! It's been a while since you've played in the field." Euan said, cockily smirking at Etienne.

Etienne glared at him. "Is he bothering you?" He asked me.

I smirked. "Why, yes. Is he naturally a pest?"

Euan snorted. "Oh please, don't you ever say that you weren't entertained by my presence."

"I was barely enjoying your company."

Etienne sent him an intense glare. "Not her, Lawrence."

Again, this is one of those rare and awkward times wherein I don't get boys. What's up with having their boundaries and territories? And, why are they treating girls as though they are one of their properties? They are possessive. That's damn true.

"Why? Is she your girlfriend?" Euan smirked, clearly testing Etienne's patience.

"Nope, I'm his girlfriend." I said, speaking for myself.

"Great," He clapped his hands together. "Let's make this game memorable and more challenging, shall we?"

Etienne raised his eyebrows. "What do you mean?"

"Who ever wins the game, will have this girl as the price. Good luck, Sennet. I will kick your sorry arse." Euan said, before running back to his teammates at the other side of the field.

It took a while before everything registered my mind. I am a price. What the bloody hell is going on between Euan and Etienne?

"Etienne, I beg of you. Please, please win this game. I cannot stand that jerk." I said.

Etienne game me a tight smile. "Yeah, duly noted. I won't let anyone have another date with you when our's didn't even happen yet." He said, winking at me.

That's how I, Frances - I don't want to let you know my nickname because it's utterly embarrassing- Morris became the trophy of a soccer- I mean, football match.

And the world be damned.

-------

"Shit, Etienne better be kicking that ball real hard to score." I said.

St. Catherine's is winning. By a goal. But still! The game is almost over. I don't want to be with that guy.

"Well, the goal keeper is good. And the striker of the opposing team. Euan Lawrence, how remarkable." Bree said, smirking at me.

"Oh, come on. Don't even remind me. His name sends unwanted chills on my body. I didn't know cocky jerks like him still existed." I drank my fifth diet coke as if it was just water. This game is making me nervous. I actually bet my life on this match. I can't let Euan win.

"Don't worry, I'm pretty much sure the lads are doing their best. They won't let you slip that easily." Bree said, trying to encourage me.

Francois has the ball know, he kicked it towards Etienne who kicked it towards the goal.

"Please let the ball in!" I screamed.

And just like that, I saw my life flash before my eyes. The ball hit the metal part of the goal and bounced back towards Sebastian who happens to be near and he kicked it. St. Catherine's goal keeper who has really huge hands jumped to reach for it but tripped due to a small piece of wet grass. And the ball, it went in.

Cheers erupted in the whole field as the game ended and Burlington - thank the heavens- won. Bree and I squealed our lungs out.

"We did it!" Bree yelled over the noise.

"I won't have to go out with the jerk!" I said, gleefully.

Bree and I tried to catch our breath. "Let's go congratulate the lads."

We giddily went to the field where the boys celebrated. Xavier cheers at the top of his lungs while his right arm is slinging over Hell's annoyed form. Typical cranky Helios.

"Congratulations guys!" Bree and I said.

Francois noticed us and came. "Frances! Have you seen me when I kicked the ball? Wasn't I awesome?"

I laughed, "Sure you are. Anyway, anyone up for Elizabeth's?"

Elliot came and slung his arm around my shoulders. "We changed our minds. Let's go to a pub instead."

"Hey! Not all of us are eighteen." Bree said.

"So? Who says we'll go to one of those pubs who actually are requiring ID's?" Elliot said, smirking.

"What do you mean?" I asked, curious.

"Xavier's parents own one. We could just rent it for the night." Elliot replied.

Francois climbed onto Xavier's back. "Party at Xavier's pub at eight o'clock everyone! See you there!"

I thought it will just be us. But a party? Well thank goodness Francois gave a few minutes of getting ready.

"There's a party Frances. What do you say we glam it up a bit?" Bree said, nudging my side.

I enthusiastically nodded my head and we parted ways with the boys. I'm still glad that I won't have to go out with that Euan guy.

"What a shame, I can't believe we lost. I thought I will finally have the time to show you how fun it is to be with me." The devil himself said.

I fake pouted. "Better luck next time, loser." I said, brushing past him.

"I can't believe you did that." Bree said, looking at me as if I am Aphrodite who just dissed Zeus.

"Let's just say that I hate jerks. Now, let's go back to our dorm, there will be a party at eight on a Friday night!" I said, giggling with excitement.

This will be a night to remember.
---------------------------------------

Vomment my dear readers.  Anyway, here's an update from the girl who you all think is missing. I hope you liked this chapter.  And there's a new character! You can all throw your hates to him. Hahaha. Nah, I think he won't appreciate that 😉

Question of the Chapter: What will happen at the party?

By the way, this is not edited. I am too damn lazy to edit. Besides, I have loads of school works waiting for me.  Anyway, goodbye!

XxActuallyItsAnonymous

P.S. This update is by demand. You should thank the person who relentlessly bugged me to update 😊

Picture of Etienne on top.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

178K 3.7K 10
Scarlett is a sweet girl but with both parents deceased and surrounded by a unfamiliar pack full of hate how is she gonna survive? Update:Nov 2022 Bo...
781 72 32
Scarlett Pierce, a 23 year old, who met fate as she was on her way to pick her friend from the airport. She meets Andrew Price. A young rich prodigal...
7.4M 242K 67
Kali has to live with her moms new boyfriend and his five sons. Kali tries her best to fit in but living with five boys is really tough. Definitly wh...
4.4K 29 11
When an unpopular girl goes to a new boarding school she's surprised at the reception she receives and then there's the hot new kid she has to tutor!