Varian and the Seven Kingdoms...

By raccoonfather

This is my take on the idea of a Varian spin-off series of Tangled: The Series/Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure. ... More

Varian's Departure
Next Stop, Vlamudia
Trial of the Fire Kingdom
Bubbly Bandits
Bioluminescence
Team Radical
Vaelum Art Contest
Princess Nuru
Follow the Stars
The Great Gopher Grab
The Happy Halberd
Our Roots Remain As One
Treasure Hunters
The Hunt for a Trial
Big Newt
Capture the Token
The Caped Crusaders
Kojot
Do Not Disappoint Me
The Feeding Schedule
Flynnigan
Yongodium
Who's Taller?
The Magical Monkey
Varian's Cold
Light Magic
Prophetic Dreams and Flying Campers
The Demanitus Chamber
The Wagon Fiasco
Dancing by Lantern-Light
Ulla
The Eternal Library
Something Hair...

Saying Goodbye

4.2K 107 387
By raccoonfather

There was a strange feeling like missing a step as Hugo entered the portal. His heart felt as though it had fallen into his stomach then all of a sudden, he was in the library. It was different than how he imagined it, but it was definitely unlimited knowledge if he'd ever seen it. Bookcases shifted and moved before him.
The blonde wasted no time in looking for Varian. He walked down each aisle, his walk becoming a run before long.
"Varian!?" He called out into the endless chamber. He turned corner after corner until he spotted a short, dark-haired boy facing away from him up ahead.
"Varian!" He yelled, reaching the boy and pulling him around to face him. He was shocked to see the boy's eyes were glowing green.
Hugo backed away, unsure what sort of magic he was dealing with.
Varian wore an unsettling smile and the streak in his hair glowed the same green as his eyes.
"You must be Hugo." An unfamiliar voice spoke from Varian's mouth, "I've heard about you." It said, bitterly.
"Ulla..." Hugo assumed, his eyes darting from Varian's glowing hair to his eyes, "What've you done?"
She laughed,
"I'm going to leave the library and finish what I started with Donella so many years ago!" Varian swiped a hand through the air and green energy pulsed from his fingers, sending Hugo flying across the aisle, crashing into a bookshelf with a grunt.
Varian made a turn, moving towards the gateway, so Hugo pulled himself from the ground and ran after him.
"Ulla, you don't have to do this!"
Varian stopped and slowly turned to Hugo, "Oh, I've heard that before. I suppose the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree. After all, Donella betrayed me; just like you betrayed Varian."
"You don't know what you're taking about!" Hugo yelled, "I care about Varian- and whatever magical possession you've got him under- it's not right- you need to let him go!"
"Varian wants to help me leave the library! You're standing in his way!" Varian swung his hand through the air again and Hugo rolled out of the way of the blow. When he stood, he aimed his wrist bracer at the boy, hesitating as his finger hovered over the trigger.
Ulla laughed,
"You won't do it. If you try to harm me, you only hurt him."
Hugo took a heavy breath then forced a smirk,
"Who said anything about hurting you?" He turned a dial on his wrist bracer then shot a purple bomb at Varian. He moved to dodge so Hugo shot another. Varian dodged it once again and Ulla's voice growled,
"Enough!" She yelled and to Hugo's surprise, Varian's body rose into the air, "I've had enough of your games! If you know what's good for you, you'll stand down!"
Hugo clenched his jaw and aimed his wrist bracer at Varian again,
"Y'know, I've never really been too good at knowin' what's good for me." He joked, shooting at Varian. The orbs weren't picking up enough momentum to reach him in the air, so Hugo looked around and, thinking quickly, began climbing a nearby bookshelf.
All while avoiding persistent attacks from Ulla, Hugo climbed half way up one of the moving bookcases and when it moved behind Varian, he shot a bomb his way.
It hit the boy and his body collapsed to the ground. Hugo's eyes widened and he climbed down, jumping to the floor and running to Varian's side.
"V- are you ok?" He knelt by the boy and placed his hands on his shoulders.
Ulla's voice laughed from somewhere within the boy,
"You think you'll beat me so easily?"
"Get out of him!" Hugo growled and Ulla continued to laugh.
"Varian...please..." Hugo held the boy's cheek in his hand and brushed his thumb across it,
"I know you're still in there and...if you can hear me, you have to fight. I- I know you're mad and I don't blame you." His eyes began watering, "I don't need you to forgive me- I just...I want you to know it wasn't all a lie and I need you to get through this- you can't give up...I know I haven't been a good friend and- and..." He pressed his forehead to Varian's, "I'm sorry..." The blonde choked back tears, Ulla's laughter ringing in his ears, "I love you...Varian."
The green light from the boy's eyes opening made Hugo move away, and he watched as Varian's body rose into the air again.
"How touching." Ulla said from the boy, "It's a shame he can't hear-"
At that moment, Varian's body froze up in midair.
Hugo watched intently,
"Varian?" He asked, cautiously.
The boy's body began emitting a bright green light as it bobbed in the air.
Hugo shielded his eyes and when the light faded, Varian's eyes were back to their normal blue but the streak in his hair still glowed green in colour. To Hugo's surprise, the stripe split into two, one the original teal colour, and the other bright green. Varian's body fell and Hugo ran forwards to catch him.
Breathing heavily, Hugo knelt on the ground with Varian in his arms and gently patted his cheek to wake him,
"Varian?"

Varian began to stir then opened his eyes slowly. Hugo's own eyes widened and Varian gave a weak smirk,
"I think I prefer Goggles." He joked and the blonde couldn't help but smile, pulling Varian into a tight hug.
"Thought I lost y'there."
"Hah." Varian grunted from the aching pain in his body, "Can't get rid of me that easily."
Hugo moved away, smiling with tears still in his eyes,
"Varian, I-"
Before he could continue, the floor started to rumble. Ulla appeared from behind them, her eyes glowing green as Varian's had. Hugo held the boy close to him and helped him to stand. They both gazed up at Ulla's floating body, radiating green light.
"You've made a mistake challenging me, Varian." The woman's voice echoed throughout the library and Hugo felt Varian clench his hand tightly.

"I didn't want to hurt you...but I'm afraid you leave me no choice." Ulla's voice was harsh, "Whether I possess your body, or your friend's, I will leave this library alive." The woman pulled books from their places on the shelves with her magic and sent them flying at the boys. Varian pulled Hugo aside to dodge the attack.
"Any ideas on how we fight her?" Hugo asked desperately and Varian clenched his jaw, thinking hard. Taking notice of this, Hugo took a deep breath, "I'll distract her while you think of something, ok?"
"Don't hurt her..." Varian looked Hugo in the eyes, a sad look in his own. Hugo nodded and Varian watched anxiously as he ran off towards Ulla. The blonde dodged each attack she threw at him and shot chemical bombs until he was all out.
Nothing seemed to work against her; she was just too strong. Varian could tell Hugo was becoming tired as his moves were slower and he was dodging more sloppily.
The boy wanted to help but couldn't clear his head enough to think up a plan. It was still filled with thoughts of Hugo's betrayal, his confession, Ulla's true intentions; her possession of him.
Varian shook his head and cursed himself, wishing he could think of something; anything.
Then Ulla overpowered Hugo. With her magic, she lifted him from the ground and threw him into a bookcase, causing books to fall from their places around him.
"Hugo!" Varian yelled, running to the boy. Ulla laughed and aimed more of her magic in Varian's direction. He dove out of the way and skidded across the ground, his body aching more.
His mother lowered to the floor and walked towards the boy. Each footstep shook the ground.
Varian rose from the floor, his legs shaking. When Ulla was close enough, he threw a blue smoke bomb and pink trap bomb at her then ran towards Hugo.
Ulla coughed, and when the smoke cleared, she growled in anger at the pink goo encasing her feet.

"Hugo!" Varian called, running as fast as he could, almost tripping over his own feet. He fell to his knees beside the boy and looked him over,
"I'm...I'm so sorry- I should've listened to you..." He gritted his teeth, his eyes gleaming with tears, "This is all my fault."
Hugo sat up slowly with a grunt.
"But I'm gonna fix this..." Varian nodded to himself, "Hide- and first chance you have, get out of here." He told him, and before he could move away, Hugo grabbed his arm.
"I don't think so, Stripes. I'm not goin' anywhere." He mumbled, weakly.
"Hugo-"
"I'm not leavin' you. We're doing this together."
They looked into each other's eyes for a moment while Ulla freed herself of the pink goo then Varian nodded, pulling Hugo to his feet.
They both turned to Ulla and watched her approach them.
Varian handed Hugo a pink orb from his belt and took the last smoke bomb for himself.
"We don't have to fight, Varian." Ulla said, her eyes returning to their normal colour, "We can figure this out..."
Varian almost considered this option before he noticed a collection of glowing green books rise into the air out of the corner of his eyes. The boy swung his staff at the books, hitting them away from him and Hugo.
He readied his smoke bomb and Ulla stared at him almost sadly.
"Fine. But know you're forcing my hand." The woman swept a hand through the air towards Hugo and the boy threw his bomb at her. It trapped her feet, but didn't stop her from sending him flying into yet another bookcase.
"Mom, stop!" Varian yelled, desperately, his voice breaking. When she turned her attention to him, Varian lowered his smoke bomb, tears streaming down his face.
"This isn't right." He pleaded with her, "You don't have to do this. I know you're- you're angry and you want to leave this place but this isn't the way."
Ulla freed her feet; smashing a beaker of yellow liquid onto the pink goo, then she moved towards Varian, who backed away.
"Please...this path you're on is a hard one to come back from. It- It corrupts you, and turns you into something you're not- I understand! You- You feel powerless, like everyone's failed you and this is the only way to fix things...I know what it's like to live with that anger. It's hard."
Ulla stopped, seemingly to listen to her son.
"You were right about- missing a lot in my life...in a way I'm glad you weren't there to see it. I made...some really bad choices, Mom.
I hurt people who were supposed to be my friends- I was stupid a- and I almost lost dad. It...destroyed me.
I felt like I'd failed him and when I needed help the most, it's like everyone had abandoned me. That...powerlessness- not being able to save him...it made me so mad- madder than I've ever been before.
I know that's how you must feel...You don't have to feel like that, Mom...You're not alone- I'm here."
Ulla's eyes stopped glowing and now they were glossy. Varian was shaking as he spoke, barely able to get the words out.
"Mom...the only way to get you out of this library..." The boy struggled, "I don't like it either- if I could save you I would- you know I would. I only just met you, and I don't wanna have to lose you again..." Varian sniffled and moved towards his mother, cautiously. She was crying now too.
"But it- it's time to let go." He sniffled, taking his mother's hands into his own.
The woman shook her head and Varian cried harder, forcing back the tears as best he could and trying to compose himself, for his mother's sake,
"I promise I'll continue your work- I'll share the knowledge here with everyone...and it'll all be because of you. You found the library- you protected it..." Varian explained and his mother smiled through her tears. The green light seemingly left her, now spiralling around the two instead. Ulla cupped the boy's face in her hands,
"I'm so proud of you, Varian...I could never imagine you would have grown into such a kind and caring person...It sounds as though you've been through so much- and still...you've come out of it stronger than ever...I know you have so much more good to give to the world. I- I wish I could stay- to see you grow...to be a family..."
"I- I know, Mom." He tried to smile, "I...don't wanna have to let you go...but it's time."
Ulla nodded and Varian wrapped his arms around her tightly. They stayed that way for a long time, both shaking and crying. It was difficult; not only having to let his mother go after only having known her a short time, but having to be the one to convince her that it was ok.
"I love you, Mom." Varian whispered and Ulla squeezed him tightly.
"I love you too, Varian."

As Hugo sat up, rubbing the back of his throbbing head, he saw Ulla and Varian in an embrace. The green light had dissipated, and the woman now had a pure white light radiating from her. When she moved away from Varian, Hugo noticed his new hairstripe was glowing too.
Ulla stroked her son's cheek and he held onto her arm. The blonde knew Varian had gotten through to her, and he made his way over, keeping his distance as not to interrupt their goodbyes.
But Varian looked to the boy and smiled, gesturing him over.
He put his hand out for Hugo and the blonde took it, holding it tightly.
"I'm so sorry for hurting you, Hugo..." Ulla said, sincerely.
"What, this?" He gestured to his bloody lip with a smirk, "Eh. I think we can put it behind us."
Ulla laughed and there was a short silence before Hugo spoke up again, "Donnie...she says she's sorry."
Ulla's eyes widened and she nodded, "Please tell her I'm sorry too...and I hope she doesn't resent me for my actions."
"'Course." He responded, looking to Varian.
"Ok, mom...are you ready?" Varian asked sadly, and Ulla nodded.

Varian and Hugo retrieved the book on anti-curses and charms and laid it on the ground, working to free Ulla's spirit. They read the passages aloud. Ulla had to pass through the gateway, having let go of the magic of the library which bound her to it. It wasn't long before it was time to say goodbye...For good.

"Look after him?" Ulla asked Hugo through tears.
Hugo's eyes widened slightly but he smiled and nodded, "Always." He nudged Varian who rolled his teary eyes with the biggest smile on his face.
Ulla gave Varian one last look, placing a kiss on his head,
"I suppose...it's time now." She said calmly, "Varian, I am...unspeakably proud of you. I can't tell you how sorry I am that I haven't been there for you..."
"It's ok, mom..." Varian sniffled, "I'm glad I had the opportunity to meet you. You're...incredible- I just hope I can complete your research." He tried to laugh and so did Ulla.
"You will..." The woman glanced over her shoulder at the gateway then looked back at her son, "Goodbye, Varian."
Varian smiled at his mother one last time, "Goodbye, mom..."
She smiled in return and walked away from the boys towards the spiralling exit. When she reached it, Varian spoke up,
"Mom! Dad...says he misses you...every single day." Varian told her, his jaw clenched. He wished his father had the chance to see her again before she had to go.
Ulla turned to look at Varian,
"Tell him: 'Don't wait up'." She laughed before disappearing into the portal with an almost blinding light.

Once she was gone, Varian let out a shaky breath.
"You good, Goggles?" Hugo asked, turning to the boy. Varian clenched his jaw harder and nodded slowly,
"Y- Yeah...You?" He turned to Hugo, who nodded too.
Varian's lip shook and he threw himself at Hugo, hugging him tightly and burying his face in his chest.
The blonde was taken aback slightly but returned it all the same.
He felt Varian cry into his shirt and it made him start to tear up himself. He couldn't be surprised Varian was so emotional after everything he had been through.
Hugo wrapped the dark-haired boy up in his arms tighter, staying there as long as he needed him.
When they finally pulled away, both boys were a sniffling mess.
"Varian, I'm...I'm so sorry. I should've told you about- everything. It's true Donella sent me to steal the totems but I swear everything we had is real. I wanted to tell you- I...planned to tell you but...I guess I was scared you wouldn't forgive me- and I didn't wanna lose you- a- and I almost did back there...I- I get it- if you don't wanna forgive me after this..." He looked down.
"I love you too." Varian responded and Hugo looked up at him.
"What?"
"You...You said you love me." Varian smiled, "I love you too...unless you were lying?" He joked.
"'Course I wasn't lying, idiot." Hugo rolled his eyes then looked back at Varian, "I...never planned on falling for you, believe me." He chuckled, "But...you're so- smart and kind- brave. You're so brave, V..." Hugo smiled widely and Varian laughed, "I...meant t'tell you sooner but...there was never the right moment and everything was just...against me. No better time than a life-threatening situation to confess your love, right?" He laughed and so did Varian.
"Yeah...I- I wanted to tell you too...I just- didn't wanna complicate things. With the trials and building the device...I decided it was better to wait to tell you how I felt." Varian took Hugo's hand into his own and interlocked their fingers, "I was convinced I hated you for a while there, you know." Varian smirked and Hugo nudged him, grinning.
"Heh. I guess we both kinda suck at this, huh?" Hugo grinned wider.
"Yeah." Varian laughed, looking down at their hands then back at Hugo, "But...y'know, there's no one to interrupt us now."
"Huh..." Hugo looked around, "I guess you're right. I would've thought Yong or Nuru would burst in an-"
He was cut off when Varian grabbed his arm and kissed him. The blonde blushed, but he held tightly onto Varian's hand and placed his other on his cheek, kissing him back.
Varian's cheek felt warm.
He had been trying to work up the courage to make his move for months; making excuses to get out of admitting how he felt.
He moved away first and smiled widely at Hugo, leaning his forehead against the blonde's.

"Varian, Hugo!" Nuru yelled, running through the gateway, "I'm so glad you're both ok!"
"As if on cue." Hugo whispered with a grin and Varian smirked.
Yong followed close behind the Princess and the boys looked over at them then back at each other, smiling.
When Yong reached them, he piled on top of them in an awkward hug, sniffling and wiping his nose on his sleeve.
Varian wrapped his arms around the young boy and Nuru knelt to hug Hugo, who was definitely shocked, but hugged her tightly.
"I'm so sorry I didn't trust you- I should've known you wouldn't work against us..." Nuru explained, wrapping her arms around the boy's neck. He chuckled, moving away to look at her,
"Water under the bridge." He grinned, "Since- technically...I was working against you." The boy's grin fell, "I guess...I'm the one who should be apologising..."
"Water under the bridge." Nuru joked in response.
"I was so worried you wouldn't forgive Hugo!" Yong cried while Varian comforted him, "He really likes you, y'know..." The boy sniffled as he moved away. Varian looked to Hugo with a wide smile on his face,
"Yeah, I know..."
The blonde smiled back, then Nuru pulled them all into one big hug.

And that, I guess, is what you call happily ever after.
Ok, so it wasn't all completely happy but in a bittersweet sorta way, it was.
Varian and I explained what had happened. Ulla betrayed Donella, Donella betrayed Ulla, but in the end, Varian's mother had chosen to let go and allow her spirit to leave the library.
I think we all sympathised with Varian. He'd come all this way to see his mom, then had to let her go so soon, but he said he was grateful just to have met Ulla.
Nuru and Yong searched the library, found what they needed to. The Princess discovered a way to set up a defence barrier around her kingdom to protect it from the cosmic disaster. Not really sure what the kid found, but he was grinning ear to ear and had a lot of new ideas for a firework show, so to each his own. When we left the library, we still had Donella to deal with.

The group appeared through the gateway together, into the Demanitus Chamber. Nuru and Yong were reading over notes they had made from books in the library.
Hugo was the first to catch sight of Donella. Her and Cyrus had freed themselves from the rope and were standing in the middle of the chamber, watching the blonde.
When Hugo stopped, his friends seemed to notice the woman and her henchman too.
"Hugo..." Donella said in a voice so gentle, it almost didn't sound like her own. She moved towards the boy, hands behind her back; the stomp of her boots breaking into the silence of the room. She stopped in front of him.
"What d'you want?" Hugo asked, furrowing his brows.
"To...apologise." Donella said, calmly, "I realise now how badly I've handled things. I was desperate to get to Ulla and finish what we started so many years ago. I was wrong." Donella looked to Varian, Nuru and Yong,
"I should have been honest with you all from the start." She met Hugo's gaze again, "And I can't begin to apologise enough for the way I've treated you."
Hugo saw something in the woman's eyes he never had before. It was as though all of the anger and desperation was gone from them. She seemed genuine; apologetic.
"You're...like a son to me, Hugo. And I haven't been a very good guardian." Donella frowned.
Hugo put his hand out and Donella took it, shaking it firmly.
"You haven't...but y'gotta start somewhere, right?" Hugo smiled and so did Donella. The boy, in Coronan fashion, pulled the woman into a hug and held onto her tightly. Varian looked to Nuru and Yong and smiled.
Suddenly, Cyrus appeared by the woman and boy and wrapped his big arms around them both, lifting them from the ground.
Hugo chuckled breathlessly, "Can't breathe, Cy."

When Cyrus put them down, Donella moved away and turned her attention to Varian,
"Did you...free Ulla?"
Varian nodded slowly, "She's...she's gone."
Donella looked sad. She nodded and attempted a smile, "I'm sorry it had to end this way. She was an extraordinary alchemist and her research played an essential role in accessing the library." Donella looked aside, "We were once good friends. I regret the way things ended between us."
"She said she's sorry too...she hopes you don't resent her for what she did." Varian replied.
"We both acted foolishly." Donella nodded and looked to Varian again, "I hope you can forgive me."
"I...spent so much time blaming you for what happened...but my mom was just as much to blame." Varian looked to the ground then to Donella, "I forgive you."
"Thank you...You really do remind me of her, you know." Donella smiled then reached into a pouch on her waist. She pulled out a rolled up piece of parchment and handed it to Varian,
"These instructions will stabilise the gateway and allow you to keep it open long-term."
Varian took the parchment, "You...worked this out on your own?"
"When I sent Hugo after the totems, I intended to face Ulla then open the library forever. Think you can take over?"
Varian unrolled the parchment and scanned it, "I'm, uh...pretty sure I can handle it." Varian chuckled and Donella nodded then looked to Cyrus, "We had better leave. We need to be out of the kingdom before sundown." She and the man walked towards the stairs to the chamber, "If there's anything you need, Hugo knows how to find me." The woman began climbing the stairs, Cyrus following behind.
Varian looked to Hugo and nudged him, "Don't you wanna go with her? It- It seems like you've got a lot to sort out between you- I'd understand if you did..."
"And leave you t'clean up the mess in there alone?" The blonde gestured a thumb towards the gateway, "I don't think so, Goggles. You're stuck with me."
Varian watched Donella and Cyrus disappear from the chamber then took Hugo's hand into his own. Yong and Nuru smiled at each other.
The blonde's eyes drifted to Varian's hair which made the dark-haired boy raise a brow.
"What...?"
"Oh- just...everything that happened with your mom," He looked to Nuru and Yong then back at Varian, "Kinda... left it's mark?"
Varian tore his hand from Hugo's and brushed his hands through his hair anxiously,
"What do you mean?" He asked quickly.
"You have a new stripe." Yong said, simply.
Varian moved over to the desk by the wall and picked up a beaker, looking at his reflection. He did, in fact, have a new stripe. A bright green one.
His friends exchanged looks, awaiting his reaction. The boy couldn't help but smile. It was just a streak of hair, but it felt like a part of his mother. He had something of her with him.
"It's not too bad, right?" He laughed, light-heartedly, turning to his friends.
"Hey, you had one- I don't see why two should be a problem." Hugo grinned.
"It's nice. Like a memento of your mother." Nuru smiled.
"It's awesome!" Yong smiled, "Like a scar for your hair!"
Varian chuckled, then looking at his friends with a sad smile, particularly Yong and Nuru,
"I guess this is it..." He looked to Nuru, "You can finally save your kingdom," Then he looked to Yong, "And you can go home and tell your family about how you helped open a fountain of knowledge, of which the world has never seen, to the public." Varian laughed and Yong's smile grew.
"We'll all keep in touch," Nuru looked to Yong and held his hand. She smiled at Varian and put her hand out for him to take too. He walked over to the girl and took her hand into his own.
"That's what a family does." The Princess finished.
Varian put his hand out for Hugo, who rolled his eyes but took it with a grin.
"We'll miss you guys." Varian said.
"We'll miss you too." Yong smiled.

With their newfound knowledge, Nuru and Yong returned to their respective kingdoms. There was a...pretty emotional send-off. I've never seen Liv cry so much.
Varian and I stabilised the gateway and cleaned up the library. It was a chore figuring out where all those books went.
After we'd dealt with the aftermath of the fight with Ulla, we slept for what felt like a week. I can't express how much I needed that after being thrown back and forth into solid wooden shelves full of heavy books.

Anyway, Rapunzel's coronation was a few weeks later, and let me tell you, it was a blast. There was a huge celebration, loads of food. I made a fortune out of Lance and the 'King' in poker. I honestly didn't know what to do with all that candy, so I ended up sending it off to Vlamudia with our monthly letter to the kid.

I know what you're wondering; what're we up to now? Well, it's been two years since we completed the Trials of the Seven Kingdoms.
Varian and I've been able to learn so much from the library, we decided that as well as keeping the gateway open for everyone, we'd use the Demanitus Chamber and Eternal Library to teach magic and alchemy to anyone willing to learn.
Still haven't figured out that formula for gold, but I don't mind. Spending everyday working alongside Varian is reward enough for me.
And, you know, Corona's actually really starting to feel like home. Lance and I've become great friends. "King' Eugene wasn't too sure about me at first, maybe cause I tried to steal from his guards first time we met, then stole a prison wagon a few weeks later. I can tell I'm growing on him; I give him the run around stealing his things. I call it training, he calls it infuriating.

We stay in touch with the kid and the Princess, exchanging letters back and forth every month. We're thinking of visiting Varian's extended family again soon too. The improvements to my bike are gonna leave Ingrid and Greta eating my dust next time we race.
Raps put me up in a room in the castle for a while, but since I partnered up with Varian, teaching alchemy to the public, I've made some honest coin.
V likes to commute between my place and his home in Old Corona, depending on how busy things are at work.
Speaking of Old Corona, Quirin was really understanding about the whole Eternal Library debacle.
I think he was just happy Varian was safe, and Ulla was able to pass on. I think he's finally warming up to me too, you know. Probably because I saved Varian's life.
Ok, ok, so in a way we saved each other. I guess he kinda has to put up with me either way since his son's my boyfriend. Feels good to say that.

And so our story comes to an end. It took some time, but we're finally there, and I wouldn't change a thing. Like a not-so-wise Princess, once wisely said; 'If you'd done anything differently, we may not be standing here today'.
And truer words have never been spoken.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

245 17 4
She never wanted to hurt anyone. She just didn't know how to control it. She was like the moon - lonely and untouchable with shadows to guide her pa...
27.9K 767 19
Cass had been looking for her destiny outside of Corona for several months when she gets an invitation to Rapunzel and Eugene's wedding and decides t...
5.2K 124 8
As long as Varian can remember, he has had to do whatever people tell him to do. (Varian-centric Ella Enchanted AU of Varian and the 7 Kingdoms, writ...
2.1K 99 14
What if Varian killed both of Rapunzel's parents? What if he isn't what he used to be? Just like the spin off series like Vat7k, Varian goes on a adv...