Midnight Arson (Platonic! Ran...

By Zymfoe

Ranboo is triggered into an enderwalk trance, leading to the death of his husband and the burning of his hous... More

Disclaimer
Chapter 1: The Creature
Chapter 2: The Crime
Chapter 2: The Crime (Part 1)
Chapter 2: The Crime (Part 2)
Chapter 3: The Book
Chapter 3: The Book (Part 2)
Chapter 4: The Prison
Chapter 4: The Prison (Part 2)
Chapter 4: The Prison (Part 3)
Chapter 5: The Dreamons
Chapter 5: The Dreamons (Part 2)
Chapter 6: Wilbur
Chapter 7: The City of Gambling
Chapter 7: The City of Gambling (Part 2)
Chapter 7: The City of Gambling (Part 3)
Chapter 8: The Set-Up
Chapter 8: The Set-Up (Part 2)
Chapter 8: The Set-Up (Part 3)
Chapter 9: The Caves
Chapter 9: The Caves (Part 2)
Chapter 10: Limbo
Chapter 11: The Train Tracks
Ch 11: The Train Tracks (Part 2)
Ch 11: The Train Tracks (Part 3)
Chapter 12: The Meeting
Chapter 12: The Meeting (Part 2)
Chapter 12: The Meeting (Part 3)
Chapter 13: The Egg
Chapter 13: The Egg (Part 2)
Chapter 13: The Egg (Part 3)
Chapter 14: The Monarch
Chapter 14: The Monarch (Part 2)
Chapter 14: The Monarch (Part 3)
Chapter 15: The Journey Home
Chapter 15: The Journey Home (Part 2)
Chapter 16: A Father's Wish
Chapter 16: A Father's Wish (Part 2)
Chapter 16: A Father's Wish (Part 3)
Chapter 17: The Warden
Chapter 17: The Warden (Part 2)
Chapter 17: The Warden (Part 3)
Chapter 18: The Bomb Plot
Chapter 18: The Bomb Plot (Part 2)
Chapter 19: The Family
Chapter 19: The Family (Part 2)
Chapter 19: The Family (Part 3)
Chapter 20: The Blood God
Chapter 21: The Betrayal
Chapter 22: The Nukes
Chapter 22: The Nukes (Part 2)
Chapter 23: The Climax
Chapter 24: The Battle
Chapter 24: The Battle (Part 2)
Chapter 25: The Strange Man
Chapter 26: A New Hope
Chapter 26: A New Hope (Part 2)
Chapter 27: The Hunt
Chapter 27: The Hunt (Part 2)
Chapter 28: Reconcile
Chapter 28: Reconcile (Part 2)
Chapter 29: The Exorcism
Chapter 29: The Exorcism (Part 2)
Chapter 29: The Exorcism (Part 3)
Chapter 30: Fundy
Chapter 30: Fundy (Part 2)
Chapter 31: The Truth
Chapter 31: The Truth (Part 2)
Chapter 32: The Reckoning
Chapter 32: The Reckoning (Part 2)
Chapter 33: The Guest of Honor
Chapter 33: The Guest of Honor (Part 2)
Chapter 34: Trust Me
Chapter 34: Trust Me (Part 2)
Chapter 35: The Finale
Chapter 35: The Finale (Part 2)
Chapter 36: The Aftermath
Chapter 36: The Aftermath (Part 2)

Chapter 7: The City of Gambling (Part 4)

92 37 33
By Zymfoe

The fox hybrid averted his eyes. "I- Uhm-"

"And how are these dreamons any concern to Snowchester?" the mayor pressed, his icy glare sliding over to Ranboo. "If these dreamons are in Las Nevadas, then that's my problem, not yours."

"We- uhm- made an alliance last night," the enderman halfling stammered. "This is a server-wide threat, which makes it everyone's problem."

A frustrated Quackity pursed his lips into a tight, straight line. "Any alliance with Las Nevadas goes through me, not my citizens. I did not authorize any deals with Snowchester, therefore you have no business being on my land."

Ranboo shared a quick look with Fundy, silently asking what they should do. The fear in the other's eyes told him all he needed to know. "Okay, I guess I'm leaving," the sentient surrendered.

But before either of the two hybrids could leave, Quackity said something that made Ranboo's blood run cold. "You know, all this talk about alliances and politics got me thinking- if this is official business of Snowchester, then where's Tubbo?" the man drawled. "I haven't seen him in a while. How's he been?"

Ranboo flinched. Fundy was the only outsider that knew the truth of Tubbo's death. If the other nations caught on that the young president had died, there would no doubt be chaos. "He's sick," he replied, keeping a cool, outward appearance. "Hasn't been feeling too well."

"Really?" Quackity hummed, his eyebrow raised in suspicion. "I just saw him a few days ago and he was fine." The leader shrugged in indifference, slipping his hands into his pockets. "Oh, well. Tell him I said to get well soon." And, with an air of utter disinterest, the mayor walked off, leaving the two hybrids both confused and concerned.

Fundy sighed, relief flooding his tense body. "Phew! That was close" he breathed. "I thought he was gonna start a war or something!"

The enderman hybrid gulped. "Yeah...That wouldn't be good..."

The fox halfling let out a nervous laugh. "Yeah, no. It wouldn't. I mean, I don't think Quackity would actually start a war with Snowchester, but you never know these days, right?"

Ranboo shook his head. War was such a common occurrence on the server, it was almost like an expected part of life. The ongoing threat of violence would, however, most likely complicate his plans to revive Tubbo. The message in his book, Dream's sarcastic confession, the sudden appearance of dreamons- Ranboo could only hope that somehow, everything was connected in this intricate web of clues.

But as Fundy escorted the sentient across the border, there was one detail in particular that plagued Ranboo's mind: Tubbo had met Quackity in secret just days before his death. Was Quackity involved in this mystery as well? The creature added the question to his ever-growing list of worries as he planned his next move.

How is Quackity involved in all this?? Is HE the one behind the Beloved's house fire??

A special guest appears in Chapter 8! Vote to send him good vibes!! :DD (He'll need them...)

And, as always, thank you for the reads and the support on this story!! Your generosity is greatly appreciated. <333

[Image Credits] "Glare" (Cropped Slightly) by D Jabi (https://www.flickr.com/photos/77457694@N00/299044583/)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.3K 765 56
[๐™–.] ๐™‡๐™ž๐™ ๐™š ๐™–๐™ฃ ๐™ž๐™™๐™ฎ๐™ก๐™ก; ๐™š๐™ญ๐™ฉ๐™ง๐™š๐™ข๐™š๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™๐™–๐™ฅ๐™ฅ๐™ฎ, ๐™ฅ๐™š๐™–๐™˜๐™š๐™›๐™ช๐™ก, ๐™ค๐™ง ๐™ฅ๐™ž๐™˜๐™ฉ๐™ช๐™ง๐™š๐™จ๐™ฆ๐™ช๐™š ยซ_____________________________ยป |โ€ข๐™„๐™‰ ๏ฟฝ...
2.7K 31 16
โ•ญโ”ˆโ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ เณ„เพ€เฟ หŠหŽ- โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค โ MULTIPLE ONESHOTS INCLUDING HEADCANONS FOR THE DREAM SMP. I HOPE YOU ENJOY!!!โž หš เผ˜โ™ก โ‹†๏ฝกหš ๊•ฅ โ†ณหณโธ™;; โ I DO NOT OWN ANYTHING IN TH...
3.4K 135 14
A young blonde boy wakes up in the middle of the forest. He can't remember how he got there or much about himself either. His name is blank from his...
28.1K 1.7K 39
FUCK WILBUR SOOT. #SupportShelbySquad - - - Everything is going a-okay for Tubbo after moving on from L'Manberg to Snowchester. He's built a nation...