The Hero Of Bullets

Av DeathlessRonin

In a word of swords, shields, bows and spears, one a hero who fights with an unconventional weapon rises abov... Mer

Chapter 1: The Summoning
Chapter 2: A New World
Chapter 3: First Time Adventuring
Chapter 4: The Real Monster
Chapter 5: Adjusting To Reality
Chapter 6: Mine Your Own Buisness
Chapter 8: Eviction Notice
Chapter 9: Bellow Zero
Chapter 10: The First Wave
Chapter 11: Forced Celebrations

Chapter 7: Beast Of The Bog

3.8K 78 138
Av DeathlessRonin

Outside Letum Bog

No POV:

Y/N was going to help the town
Vita by clearing out a monster from the nearby Letum bog. From what the villagers described to Y/N, a creature that looked like it was made from the bog itself was releasing toxic gasses that was killing the nearby crop and wildlife. Of course there would be a reward given to Y/N when he finished this job. While the reward was good, Y/N wasn't going to let some monster mess with peoples lives. Apparently the village had sent a message to the king to help them but when they couldn't pay, he declined any aid.

That was another incentive for Y/N to complete this job, if the king wouldn't help them, then he would and he'd do it without getting paid. This wasn't a job from the guild, this was Y/N going out of his way to help people in need. He was doing what a hero was supposed to do. From what Y/N had heard, Ren, Itsuki and especially Motoyasu weren't exactly acting like a hero was supposed to.

Y/N POV:

The description the villagers gave me of this monster wasn't exactly clear, some said it looked like a man, some said it looked like it was made from the bog itself. Either way it was causing them problems and it needed to be dealt with quickly before it completely poisoned the lands. Right before me was the entrance to the bog, the first thing I noticed was the smell it. It hit me worse then that truck did that day, no wonder this bog's name meant death. With that, I held my breath and entered the Letum bog

Time Skip

Letum Bog

Walking through the bog, I was alert, every sound got my attention, I had no plans on being taken by surprise or caught off guard by something hiding. For now I had found a solid path to take through the bog, I knew that if I stepped off this path I could fall into a patch of quick sand or end up in the mud next to a predator of some sort. As I continued to walk and look for the creature, this place began to remind me of scenes from movies that I saw when I was young. Out of nowhere, a large rat like creature ran past my path and accidentally fell into the bog.

Right away, the rat jumped out and an awful smell hit me right in the nostrils. I pinched my nose and tried to get the smell to go away from me.

"Smell bad, really bad" I said as I got away from the smell

The deeper I got into the bog the more I stared to see how this bog would change. At one point, the methane coming up would get hot and flames would shoot up.

"Great, now there's fire here" I said

Eventually I found a place to sit down and take a quick brake from walking, I hadn't found the creature and I felt like I wouldn't be finding it one go. So I found a good spot near a large mass coming up out of the bog. Trees and other types of growth were coming off this rock like formation. I was glad to see that there was some form of life in this bog besides all the nasty stuff I had seen so far. I couldn't relax for long when the sound of bubbling in the water nearby caught my attention.

I got up from the stump I was sitting on and aimed my revolver at the water, waiting to see what would come out of it

"Letting you know now, I'm not one for surprises, just ask my sister, she'd tell you all about it" I said clicking the hammer back

Just then a large figure began to slowly rise up from the waters, it looked like a human mixed with plants, fungus and a  tree. It had pointed legs and multiple eyes, with what looked like a beard made of moss. In its hands was a maskshift staff of some sort made from the roots of a tree.

"So you must be the beast of the bog that I've heard so much about" I said to the creature

The creature aimed its staff at me and made a weird clicking sound like it was saying something to me

"Hate to tell you this but I didn't understand a single world you said to me

Just then the creature slammed its staff down onto the ground, at first nothing happened but then, massive vines erupted from the ground and started to attack me. While the vines attacked, the creature opened its mouth causing a purple cloud to slowly creep out. Everything the cloud touched died, they was the toxic cloud that was killing everything. The fungi growing on the back of the creature began shoot out these spores. A warning message popped up in front of me telling me something.

"Warning Paralysis Spores Unleashed: Keep Distance"

"Like I didn't already know that" I said to myself as I dodged a vine

The creature was doing all that it could to keep me away from it and stopping me from attacking it. Some of the cloud touched my legs and immediately I felt an immediately pain. The burning sensation caused me to fall to a knee, I noticed some blood dripping from my nose. My Toxin Immunity was doing all that it could to keep me from being poisoned. Even still, I was being damaged by the toxic cloud the creature was producing.

"This needs to end now" I said firing multiple shots at the creature cutting down some vines in the process

The creature got hit but the bullet holes instantly fixed themselves like nothing had even happened. One of the paralysis spores landed next to me, immediately a mushroom grew out of the ground. That mushroom then began to spread its own paralysis spores creating more mushrooms and so on, repeating the process.

"This just keeps getting better and better" I said to myself

I kept doing what I was doing, avoiding attacks from vines while avoiding a gas cloud and toxic spores. Still when I could get a few hits on the creature, it would simply regenerate the damage I did. Something needed to give and I sure as hell wasn't going to, this thing needed to die now. Just then another window appeared in front of me.

"Perception Skill Leveled up: Skill Upgraded
New Passive Skill Acquired: Weak Point"

Immediately as the skill activated, I could see a glowing light coming from the chest of the creature. It wasn't a heart, it looked more like a core of some sort. That must of been the creature's weak spot, if I hit that then the creature wouldn't be able to regenerate.

"Got you now asshole" I said with a grin

The creature made another clicking sound and then it spun its staff around before slamming it down. Just then, a giant vine appeared behind the creature. It then aimed its staff at me and made a loud screaming noise which hurt my ears.

"Geesh, you could break a wine glass with that scream" I said

The large vine then came downwards trying to crush me with one go, now was the time I needed to act fast. I then charged forwards through the toxic cloud and the toxic spores. Before the creature could realize what was going on, I rammed my revolver into its chest and fired multiple rounds. In an instant the vine turned into grass as the creature died. The creature's body began to fall apart and turn into mulch. What was left was a fading dim core skewered by the blade on my revolver. I decided to take the core off and have my revolver absorb it but before I could do that I fell down.

I was still feeling the effects of the toxic cloud, my body was burning and I was losing health. On top of that more of those paralysis mushrooms began to grow on my body draining my health even more. Quickly I had my revolver absorb the core into it, from there something happened. The mushrooms fell off my body and died while the effects of the toxic cloud disappeared. With that over a menu popped up in front me of me informing me of what I earned.

"Bog Sage Core Absorbed
New Weapon Series Unlocked: Flora Revolver
New Passive Skills Acquired: Leech Life, Gas Immunity, Paralysis Immunity, Enhanced Regeneration".

Those new skills would definitely come in handy, Leech Life would allow me to drain the health of monsters and opponents. Gas Immunity made me immune to toxic gasses and such as Paralysis Immunity, made me no longer able to be paralyzed by spores, powders, electrical attacks and other ways of being paralyzed. Enhanced Regeneration, made it so I regenerated health and MP faster. The revolver, I decided to check that out and see what it looked like. With that I activated my new revolver and found was that the revolver was made out of vines and had fungi growing off of it. The barrel was also made of and old looking stone while the cylinder was metal and had moss growing on it.

I checked the description on it and found that it could fire thos paralysis spores while also firing thorn like missiles that could dig into people and drain them by connecting with my Leech Life skill. I could also cause vines to grow out of the ground and attack for me. There was a lot more plant based attacks I could do with this revolver but for now, I wanted to get out of here. Before I could do that, the ground began to move as the rock growth behind me began to shake. I readied my revolver for whatever was coming and to my surprise the rock growth began to move.

It stood up and revealed that it wasn't actually a rock growth but instead a shell of a large turtle like creature. It's shell wasn't just the rock but almost the entire bog itself.

"You have saved this place from that monster, I thank you for your service kind hero" the turtle spoke almost knocking me off my feat as it spoke

"Thank you, I am glad that I could help out" I replied

"You have done a very good thing, this place will now return back to its healthy, lush self" the turtle said

It was then that I noticed the bog come to life, plants and trees returned to normal and I could even hear animals

"That thing was sent to poison the this land and attempt to kill me and drain all my powers" the turtle said

"Do you know who did it?" I asked

"With my vast knowledge, I have an idea of who did it but for now they have their own problems to worry about" the turtle answered

"Well, I'm glad you are okay and that this place is returning to normal but I need to get going" I said

"Wait, before you go young hero, tell me your name so I may add it to memory" the turtle said to me

"My name is Y/N L/N" I said, introducing myself to the turtle

"I see that you are also one of the five legendary heroes as well, my name Gnosis, I am the keeper of all knowledge in existence and I am the guardian of the earth and everything that grows from it" the turtle said introducing itself to me

"Well it was an honor meeting your Gnosis" I said

"I can say the same hero Y/N, before you leave I have something I wish to give you" Gnosis said

"Thank you Gnosis" I said thanking him

"I will give you Y/N three gifts, these gifts will help you on your journey throughout this world" Gnosis said

"Wait, you know about my journey? Wait, keeper of all knowledge, almost forgot" I said to myself

"You are an interesting hero to say the least those other four, I don't know about" Gnosis said

"You've been keeping an eye on all of us?" I asked

"It is part of my duties and from what I've seen, there has been an error when it came to summoning you heroes" Gnosis answered

"What do you mean by that?" I asked curiously

"I cannot say, you will learn in the future but for now, I will say this, be weary of the other four heroes, one is arrogant and overconfident with his abilities, as are two others but they believe this world to be only fantasy and ignore the repercussions of their actions, the last hero, he is consumed by hate and anger, if he continues down that path he will suffer even more and find himself with a curse" Gnosis answered

I knew who the first three were, Motoyasu was the arrogant and overconfident one. Ren and Itsuki were also overconfident but they seemed to think that because this world was similar to a video game it actually was. Lastly, Naofumi was the one with the anger and hatred, I could see it the day he was accused of raping that bitch Myne. I also could see a lingering evil energy when me met again back in the mine. I didn't know what the curse thing that Gnosis was talking about but it definitely didn't sound good.

"I know you are friends and allies with the hero of the shield, I would do all that I can to make sure he does not go down that dark path" Gnosis said

"Don't worry, I won't let anything like that happen to Naofumi, I promise I won't" I replied

"That is good to hear, now step forwards and recieve your gift" Gnosis said

With that I stepped forwards in front of the giant turtle, waiting for him to give me the gift he wanted to give me

"The first gift I give you is my blessing, consider this my protection, you earning my favor" Gnosis said

With that Gnosis put the tip of his beak on my head and suddenly I was engulfed with a green light. The green light felt weird as I began to feel something happening to me. Once the green light faded away, Gnosis removed his beak and a message popped up in front of me.

"Gnosis Blessing Acquired: All Stats And Skills Enhanced
Future Skills Will Also Be Enhanced
New Passive Skills Acquired: Corruption Protection, Earth Connection, Purification, Great Sage"

"Those new skills of yours will be of great help to you when the time comes" Gnosis said

Corruption Protection did as the name suggested, I could not be corrupted by evil energies or evil beings. Earth Connection allowed me to feel everything around me, every vibration, I could sense everything on or in the earth itself. Purification meant that I could purify anything, cure any disease, remove any poison or status effect. I could even make my own holy water if I wanted to. Great Sage gave me a wisdom of the land and everything around me. I knew how to craft potions, remedies and just about anything that had plants, animal parts and much more in it.

"Thank you Gnosis, thank you for your blessing" I said

"You've more then earned it young Y/N, now comes my second gift to you, knowledge, I give you my knowledge" Gnosis said

Instantly I was glowing once more a bright light surrounded me, when it vanished, a message popped up in front of me

"You Have Recieved The Knowledge Of Gnosis: You Know Have Knowledge Of Everything That Has Ever Happened, You Also Know Every Language In Existence And Much More
New Passive Skill Acquired: Precognition"

Precognition was basically a prediction skill, I could see where or how a person or an enemy was going to attack before they did. I could also quickly see how things would happen for a brief moment. The thing was, I would have to react on my own, the skill didn't control my body and make it do the action.

"Lastly I give you this" Gnosis said

Out of nowhere and ring fell into my hand, it had a lion crest on it and was made of pure silver

"Have your weapon absorb that ring and you will start a quest to gain a truly incredible power" Gnosis told me

"I will do that Gnosis, thank you once more" I said

"No, thank you and now I must rest and keep watch over all that is and will be" Gnosis replied as he began to slowly sink back down into the bog

With Gnosis asleep and my job here done, I felt that it was time I left and went back to Vita and inform the people their problems were over. I'd also find a quiet place to have my revolver absorb the ring that Gnosis gave me.

Time Skip

Campsite

By the time that I had returned to Vita and had given them the news, it had gotten late. Luckily, I had found a place to set up camp for the night, there I would absorb the ring. Before I did that, I had taken off my gloves and found that I had a symbol on my left hand. It looked like a turtle but I couldn't exactly tell what it was.

It must have appeared there when Gnosis gave me his blessing, either way I didn't think I'd freely show people it. Now onto the ring, I took it out of my pocket and began to have my revolver absorb it. When I did, something strange began to happen, my revolver began to glow gold. After that something else happened, my gloves changed, there where these six wierd hole like things on each glove. One the ring was fully absorb the lion symbol appeared on one of the holes in my gloves. Just then a message popped up in front of me getting my attention.

"Holy Knights Series Aquired 1/12: Tristan's Binding Chain
New Passive Skills Acquired: Battle Cry, Seal Maker, Seal Breaker, Binding Trap, Chain Attack, Chain Link"

Apparently this Holy Knights series was something else, those skills were ridiculous. Battle Cry would increase my own attack and defense while also increasing the attack and defense of anyone in my party. It also would prevent foes from fleeing and draw them in. Another cool thing it could do was if an opponent or monster was weaker then me, it could damage them and make them concede instantly. Seal Maker and Seal Breaker allowed me to create all types of magical seals and break any magical seal. Binding Trap allowed me to bind enemies with a magical chain, I could manipulate the chain however I wanted.

Lastly was Chain Attack and Chain Link, Chain Attack allowed me to chain multiple attack to either one target or multiple making them share damage. The more targets that were linked the more damage was done to all of them. Chain Link allowed me to to link status effects to multiple targets, if one target was poisoned so would the others. This also meant that I could cure and heal multiple people at a time. Then there was the revolver itself, the thing had a special attack called Chain Shot. Chain Shot caused a chain to be fired that could pull enemies in close or pull in anything else I wanted.

It also allowed me an enhanced mobility while also allowing me to slow down enemies. I decided to see what this revolver looked like, so I activated it and had my current revolver change. The revolver itself was silver, it had crosses wrapped into the handle and had spikes on the butt of the handle. It even had the same lion symbol engraved on the barrel(replace diamond with lion symbol).

"This looks elegant but also extremely powerful, I know I will definitely be using this in the waves" I said to myself

Speaking of the waves, I only had a few more days before it actually began, the timer I saw was quickly ticking down to 0 fast. Until that happened, I would be working even harder to get stronger and stronger. I would acquire more skills and new revolvers, this wave was the first of many until I could go home. I knew Tia was waiting for me and I wasn't going to keep her waiting for long. _________________________________________

A/N: There is another chapter for you readers, I hope you all enjoyed and liked seeing Y/N face a new challenge. So Y/N got two new revolver and a lot of new skills, he also got the blessing of being who's basically a God. Let me know what you think of the revolvers and the skills. Oh yeah, the Holy Knights series is Y/N's own unique legendary series. Can you guess what it is based off and what are the other 11 revolvers going to be like. By the way, you'll see the second legendary series later on in the story, can't say exactly when, so you'll have to wait.

Remember, three more chapters till chapter 10 and the first wave, for now, thank you for reading and for your support, I hope to see you all later

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

Betrayal Av Lila

Fanfiction

497 21 16
The Rising of the Shield Hero- Naofumi x Reader Reincarnating into a world very different from hers, Y/N has been thrust into the spotlight. Her and...
56.5K 1.4K 18
Naofumi is an Otaku who is the only thing keeping a homicidal Parasite "Parasite?!" from killing the earth with a steady diet of Chocolate, phenethyl...
6.2K 158 16
Toshiro Kujou, an young American, is summoned into another world to save it from monsters and stuff. He already disliked the king and the Bow and Spe...
212K 4.1K 34
(I DO NOT OWN THE RISING OF THE SHIELD HERO!) Lives Were Saved! Thanks To Y/N L/N, A Young Boy At The Age Of 17. He Had Done His Best To Save People...