The Hijabi & The Jock

By Camel_Diem

She is at the top of her class. He is at the bottom. She is a good girl, who can be bad sometimes. He is a... More

The Hijabi & The Jock
Chapter One: Already Fell For Him...Literally
Chapter Two: The Girl With Green Eyes
Chapter Three: The Angel Who Saved Me
Chapter Four: He Called Me Kitten
Chapter Five: Ms.Goody-Goody Has Detention
Chapter Six: To Tutor, Or Not To Tutor
Chapter Seven: I'm Sorry Jesse
Chapter Eight: It Wasn't About A Parking Space
Chapter Nine: First Tutor Session
Chapter Eleven: Haunted House
Chapter Twelve: The Fast & The Furious Door
Chapter Thirteen: I Just Can't
Chapter Fourteen: Confession
Chapter Fifteen: Shhh
Chapter Sixteen: Leave The Judging To God
Chapter 17: Mama's New Crush
Chapter 18: Allah and God are the Same Thing
Chapter 19: Lucky To Have Him
Chapter 20: It Isn't A One-Sided Love

Chapter Ten: Girl Power

17.4K 798 233
By Camel_Diem

HEY GUYS!!!

♡RAMADAN KAREEM!♡ How's your fasting going?

WOW! look at that! I updated really fast! ;-)

Please Comment and ☆ ←Vote

□□□

Maryam's POV

When, I got home late from staying after school at the library. I found my mom in the kitchen making food. "Hey, Mama."

"Hey, habibti." she kissed my cheek and went back to cooking. I sat down at the counter and watched her cut up some chicken.

"What are you cooking?" I asked, as I deeply inhaled the delicious aroma.

"Karim is sick in bed. He didn't got to school. So, he asked me to make Mandi." she explained and added the diced chicken into the pot.

"Mmh, yummy! I can't wait!" I gushed and went over to the fridge. When told my mom 'I can't wait', I literally meant it. For some reason, I was really hungry. So, I grabbed some Hummus and Peeta Bread for a snack.

"Take some up to Karim too." my mom said, when she noticed, "The food won't be ready for a while, I don't want him to get too hungry." she finished. I nodded and grabbed more.

When I opened his door, I found him on the ground playing with his toys. "Hey, Reemi! I got some Hummus for you, go wash your hands." I said, as I placed it on his little coloring table. Then, I got up and took my food to my room.

When I came back to his room, Karim was already digging in. "Can I go watch TV?" he asked.

"No, Mama wants you to stay in here and rest." I declined, and rubbed his head.

He got down on his knees and hugged my legs. "Pwease, Momo!" he begged and pouted his lips.

I tried to fight it, but I couldn't resist the sad puppy look. "Fine!" I surrendered and went to go retrieve my laptop. I got on Netflix and went on the kid's side for him. "You watch for an hour, then take a nap!" I ordered and left to his room.

Finally, after a long day of school I could rest. Jesse and I didn't have any tutoring to do, since he has practice. So, I had the rest of the day to myself.

Like always, I was in the mood for some Netflix. Since, Karim had my laptop, I decided to use my PS3 instead. Well, it was Deen's first, but he gave it to me when he got the PS4. Anyways, I got comfortable in my bed, with my food by my side and scrolled around for something to watch.

I took awhile, but I finally decided to watch Aladdin. I wasn't really in the mood for an action or comedy movie, besides it's one of my favorite movies.
□□□

Aladdin: "Genie, I wish for your freedom."

Genie: "One bona fide prince pedigree coming up. I... What?"

Aladdin: "Genie, you're free!"

My phone suddenly started ringing. I looked down and saw that it was Katie. I ignored it, because this was my favorite part.

Aladdin: "I'm going to miss you Genie."

Genie: "No matter what anybody says, you'll always be a prince to me!"

When Genie said that, I completely lost it. That scene always gets me every time! Tears started to stream down my face. Then, my phone started ringing again.

"Hello." I mumbled and sniffed.

"Hey, Maryam-" Katie started, "Wait, are you crying?"

I wiped my eyes and sat up. "Uh, no." I sniffed again, "I was cutting some onions. So, what's up?" I quickly said, in order to change the subject.

"Oh, Coach said we'll be scrimmaging against the guys today, so you should definitely stop by and play." she squealed so loud, that I had to hold the phone away from my ear.

"I don't know." I skeptically said.

"Come on! Stop being a buzz-kill. I can see Jesse practicing from where I'm standing, so that's means your not busy with tutoring." she argued.

"But, I am busy!" I pleaded.

"Maryam Abdul, don't you dare lie to me! I know you're just sitting in your room watching Netflix in the dark." she barked, with a hint of a smile in her voice, "I want your butt on the field in 20 minutes."

Katie knows me so well, it's scary!

"Okay, Mom!" I teased and hung up to change.

I got up and dug in my closet for my soccer gear. After, two minutes of digging, I finally found it. "Hello, old friend. " I whispered and picked it up. Next, I put on my navy blue Adidas long sleeve jacket and black warm-up pants. Along with that, I added my black athletic hijab, that doesn't slip from my head as I ran around.

"Mama, I'm going to practice." I called out, as I walked down the stairs. "I'll be taking your car."

She was at the table, feeding Karim some soup. "Okay, on your way home put in some gas." she reminded me.

"Okay, shukran Mama." I kissed her cheek,"Bye!" I yelled, ruffling Karim's head and I hurried out to her Cherry Red Toyota Camary. On the way out, I grabbed some water as well.

□□□

By the time I got to the schools field, everyone was already hitting the field for the scrimmage. I got out and ran over to my coach.

I was actually pretty excited to play. The boy's and the girl's team here at my school share one coach. So, sometimes we scrimmage against each other for fun.

I know, I know! - "You shouldn't be playing with boys, Maryam!"

But, I don't see what's wrong! I'm fully cover in loose clothing and I have no bad intentions. A lot of the girls at the Masjid give me crap about it and I always ignore it. Allah SWT knows my intentions are well. Besides, no guy has ever touched me on the field. I'm always careful. Also, I'm way took quick for the guys to bump into me anyways, haha!

"Maryam, It's so good to see you showed up!" Coach Beth smiled and gave me side hug, once I arrived, "We've missed you on the field!"

"It's good to be back here and I've missed you guys too!" I hugged her back tightly. Coach Beth, was like a second mother to me. Even though we sort of didn't see eye-to-eye the last time we spoke. But, I haven't given up yet on convincing her to let me just show up to soccer when I can. After I tell her i'm tutoring someone, she just has to accept it!

She released me and grabbed a red penny from her bag. "You still got your moves?" she teased.

I laughed. "I never lost it!" I confidently remarked and ran on the field. Everyone on my team greeted me. Those who were close gave me hugs, and those who were far just yelled their hellos.

"Come on! Is this a reunion or a soccer game here?" Danny loudly said. He was the Co-Captain of the guys soccer team, along with Jesse. The guys were growing impatient, as they waited for us to finish our greetings.

"Dude, chill." Mark calmly said.

Danny just rolled his eyes and started the game and passed the ball to Jesse. Before he did, I made eye contact with Jesse and we exchanged smiles.Luckily, my plan to distract Jesse went well and I intercepted the pass. I got control of the ball and I was off.

"Jesse, wake man!" Danny yelled, frustrated already.

I easily dribbled through two boys and crossed the ball to Katie, who ran up ahead. She received the ball and all she had to do was pass Mark, to make a goal.

"Come on, babe!" Katie teased. She faked a left, the sped right and took a shot. The ball beautiful sailed in and she scored. We high-fived each other and jogged back to our side of the field, to reset.

□□□

The score was 4-4 and we had less than a minute left. Katie just got fouled, so it was a free-kick for our team. Katie and I discussed our game plan. "Are we going to do our thing?" she whispered.

"Of course!" I smiled wickedly. She returned the evil smile and fist bumped me. Katie and I both stood back, but I went even further and I pretend to tie my shoe, as she got ready to kick.

Coach blew the whistle.

Katie ran and went right over the ball. Tricking the boys into think she was kicking. Then, I immediately stood up and charged towards the ball, kicking it towards the goal. It beautifully bended in, completely out of the goalkeeper's reach. Coach blew the whistle again, indicating the end of the game. The girls and I cheered and they started a dog pile on me.

Once everyone got off, Katie helped me up! "The Danger Duo still got it!" she cheered and hung her arm around my neck.

"Like I said before to coach, we never lost it!" I corrected and put my arm on her shoulder, as we walk over to the benches. Coach was already talking to everybody. "Alright, that was a great scrimmage! I can see a lot of you guys improving." she said and looked around, "I know were going to take the Championship trophies home this year! Am I right?" she yelled.

"Yeah!" we all responded.

"Abdul and Matthews, nice teamwork out there." Coach complimented, Katie and I. Then, Coach turned to me."You keep up the good work and I can see you surpassing your brother, Deen.

"Thank you." I shyly said and blushed.

Someone spoke up in the group of guys. "That's Deen's sister!" I turned to see it was Jesse. Suddenly, random outbursts from other guys started.

-"Wow! "

-"I didn't know his sister play soccer!"

-"She's really good!"

-"I sure don't want to mess with her!"

-"She's kinda hot, for a headscarf girl!"

"Enough!" Coach Beth's voice boomed. "Now, head home and see you at Thursday's practice." she dismissed us.

Everyone stood up to leave, while I stayed behind to talk to coach. As the guys were passing by, they all stared at me. Most were still mumbling to each other about me. However, I heard one boy whistle at me. I immediately felt very vulnerable.

"Knock it off, Danny." someone warned.

"Jeez, I was just playing around." Danny scoffed.

I peaked up to see Jesse shoving Danny for whistling at me. Ours eyes met and I smiled in appreciation for defending me. Jesse nodded his head and continued walking off with the last of the guys.

I quickly got up and walked up to Coach Beth, as she was cleaning up the gear. "Are you here to continue our last conversation?" she said, without even looking up.

"Uh, yeah."

Coach sat down on the bench, and patted her hand beside. "Well, have a seat."

I listened and sat down beside her. "You see, I now have a better excuse for showing up to the games and practices whenever I can." I started.

"Oh, really?" Coach replied, with a raised of a brow.

I nodded. "Not only do I need to study, but I'm tutoring a fellow classmate as well."

"Tutoring who?"

"Jesse." I replied confidently.

Coach gave me an odd look. "Our Jesse, Jesse Owens!" she exclaimed.

"Yes, I'm tutoring him in Calculus. We have a lot of work to do. That's why, I need to miss a few games and practices."

Coach was quiet for a moment. Probably thinking about what to say. Finally, she spoke. "Okay, you can miss a few games and practices. In fact, take all the tine you need." she offered.

"Why's that?" I wondered, concerned.

"It's Jesse, I've seen his grades and their not too hot. It will be ashamed to see such a talent young boy get his life ruined, by just some grade. Besides, I know see that you're doing this for a good reason that meets my expectations. I give you permission." she finished and patted my back.

I shot up from my seat. "Oh, thank you so much!" I squealed.

She help up her index finger. "But, only on one condition." she added. My face immediately fell.

Ugh, I knew there had to be some sort of catch.

"You have to be at the finals."

The smiled grew back on my face. "Of course! Thank you again, Coach!" I cheered, hugging her tightly, "I better get going, bye!"

"Bye, Mary! "Coach replied, as I hurried off to my car.

I threw my gear in the back and started the car. Before I backed out, I just left my hands on the steering wheel, as I allowed the happiness to sink in.

The passenger door opened out of nowhere and Jesse sat down. "Ya'Allah! Jesse you scared me!" I screeched and threw an empty water bottle at him.

"Sorry, you don't have to insult me!" he scoffed. I gave him a confused look and he just shrugged. Thoughts raced through my head.

He thinks Ya'Allah is a insult..Actually,when did I even insult him?

"Forget it." he waved off, "How come you didn't tell me Deen was your brother?"

"Um, isn't it obvious? We have the same last name." I pointed out.

"I mean, anyone can have that last name. Beside, we always called him by his nickname."

"Which was?" I wondered.

"Trick." he answered, "Your brother had the best moves and he completely humiliates people on the field!" he laughed, as he was probably remembering an old memory. While I listened to Jesse, I can hear the admiration in his voice. I could tell that he really looked up to my brother. They must of been close.

"So, why are you still here?" I asked

"I can say the same for you."

"I asked first!" I argued.

He rolled his eyes. "I just wanted to talk to you about Deen. Now, why are you still here?"

"I was talking to coach, about letting me still be on the team, because I'm busy tutoring you."

He started tossing the empty bottle that I threw at him in his hand. "What she say?"

"She said, yes!" I smiled.

He stopped tossing the bottle. "Thanks great!" he exclaimed.

After that, I was kind of quiet between us. We both had nothing more to say. "Um, thanks for shutting Danny up for me." I began.

"No problem." he casually shrugged.

I looked down and fiddled with my fingers."You know, I really hate being the center of attention." I admitted.

"Oh." he nodded, "You deserved it though, you're an amazing soccer player."

It was dark, so he couldn't noticed my blushing."Thanks, you're really good too."

"I know." he bragged. I threw him a look of utter disgust.

"I'm kidding!" he laughed, "Oh, you should of seen your face!"

I sighed with a little chuckle afterwards. "Get out and throw the water bottle away, while your at it!"

"Okay, you don't have to get all bossy!" he sneered and picked it up from the floor."Goodnight."

"Night." I replied.

He stepped out, but stopped. "Last touch!" he yelled and threw the bottle back at me, hitting me in the head. Then, ran away to his car.

"Wow, very mature!" I called out the window, but he was probably too far away to hear. I chuckled, as I bent down to pick up the water bottle. I placed it on the passenger seat, then drove off to get some gas on my way home.

□□□

Hope you guys enjoys that update. It was probably one of the quickest! Don't be surprised if there will be another one really soon!

YOU GUYS EXCITED????

♡♡♡

COME ON GUYS!!! WE'RE SO CLOSE TO 200K READS!!! ^_^

PLEASE SHARE THIS STORY WITH WHO EVER YOU COULD XD

DON'T WORRY, ONCE WE HIT 200K I'LL BE UPDATING "HIJABI 007"

#Roadto200k :-p

-thank you ♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.6K 619 38
Previously known as: I'll never forgive you Maryam Junaid, a pious, confident young Muslimah who lost her parents in a fire at the age of ten. As the...
176K 16.4K 73
Highest Ranking..../22-03-2020/ #2 in Nigeria #1 in Maryam #1 in Kareem #5 in Wattpad banters #16 in Muslimah #25 in Spiritual #41 in Watty #84 in Mi...
2.6M 134K 49
[reached #1 in Spiritual] 11/17/15- 8/18/16 Amira Abdul is a bright,well educated girl filled with joy and much potential. Is a practicing Muslim a...
2.2M 138K 52
"You fall in love with the most unexpected person at the most unexpected times." ▪▪ He stroke my arm with his hand and carefully followed his own act...