Life is Wife, Wife is Knife

By blinkdonna_00

JenLisa ⚠️⚠️⚠️ : Matured content, dark theme, mental illness, sexual abuse, violence, etc. ⚠️ PLAGIARISM IS A... More

1
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
Author's
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
XLI
XLII
XLIII
XLIV
XLV
XLVI
XLVII
XLVIII
XLIX
L
LI
LII
LIII
LIV
LV
LVI
LVII
LIX
LX
LXI
LXII
LXIII
Finale
EPILOGUE

LVIII

8.5K 320 138
By blinkdonna_00

LISA POV

Yesterday was— how would I put this, I really don't know. That bitch kissed me out of the blue and my entire afternoon was a total strange. I couldn't focus properly on the meeting cause all I could think was Jennie and her lips that touched mine which literally just a mere second but here I am, acting like a lovesick girl.

Oh goodness, this is seriously not me. Do I actually thinking about that stupid peck!

Ironically, I'm the one stressing about the peck when I'm not the one initiated it.

But when I gain my normal self back, I am so gonna talk to that witch and tell her to know her boundaries. We may have talked about things and her promises again of changing, but that doesn't mean she would do such bold act.

Honestly, the peck was strange. Like my skin couldn't recognize her anymore.

But I do still felt something

Oh god! I really need to move on.

At night, I dialed Mom's number to inform her I wouldn't be able to come home because I am loaded. I only left a simple text for Jennie to atleast inform Luke about my absence.

"Boss lady, Mr. Byung was already at the conference" Joy informed me

I rolled my eyes playfully while smiling "Boss lady my ass" then I nodded "Alright, let me just fix this"

"I got it boss, you go ahead"

"You sure?"

"Ye-" but Joy was cutted at the sudden ring of my phone. I motion her to hold for a second and she gave me a thumbs up

Lisa : Tzuyu? What's with the sudden call?

Tzuyu : L-Lisa.. *sob*  Lisa please come here as soon as possible. We don't know what to do.. *sob*  I-It's Mom...

My eyes gone wide as my heart beats doubled "I'm coming! Keep me updated"

Then I hung up the call, I look at Joy with worried eyes.

"Emergency?" she asked

I nodded, shaking "My M-Mom.."

"It must be important. Go Lisa, I'll manage everything here and the conference. I'll just keep you on track"

"I'm really sorry Joy. I know this isn't part of your job and I-"

"Hey now, yes this is not my exact job here but I am your friend Lisa. I'll help you in everything I can"

I immediately run and hug her "I am so thankful"

~

"Sana? Tzuyu?"

"Lisa!" they run and throw their body on me. I perceived they were crying for an hour looking at their fluffy eyes and red nose

"Lisa, help us. Mom doesn't want to go to hospital but she's getting worse" Tzuyu said still panicking

"Bring me to Mom"

"M-Mom told us don't ever call you.. uh, careful okay? I know she'll drop mean words"

I pursed my lips a little "I'm okay. Let's go"

Opening the same door I always opened when I'm having a problem before, I saw my mother lying on her old and uncomfortable bed. So weak, so unusually vulnerable.

I wanted to cry. I missed my Mom so much. I can't wait to hug her again but I'm afraid I'll just received a painful rejection. It's been how many years, she's getting old. But she still couldn't accept the fact that she raised a rebel one, choosing love over family. She still couldn't accept how I become.

"Mom.." the almost whisper voice I let out. Walking slowly towards her, and tears beginning to form

Still apprehension of the meeting after a decades, I held her hand with so much care. Treating her a real fragile. "I miss you Mom.." my voice cracked

"What are you d-doing here?" She uttered, crestfallen.

"Mom I-.."

"Get out. You chose your woman over your own mother, Lisa. There's no point of you coming here" she force her weak body to sit up but failed

I started to let out the brimming tears  "Please Mom..  You know I-I would never leave you, it wasn't easy for me but you throw me out leaving me no choice. Mom  *sob*  I love you and- *snif*  Mom... mom? mom!" Her breathing becoming unsteady and I can't help but get panicked "TZUYU! CALL THE DOCTOR! QUICK!"

"Mom? Mom hold on please *sob*  No.. no no no Mom you can't leave us! Hang on Mom, please I beg you" I'm crying hysterically, my heart sinking too much

"Mom.. Mom please... *sob*  you haven't even meet your grandson, please fight for us.. I'm begging you.."

"I-.. I want to.. to meet my g-grandson.." she whispered gripping my hand. I nod eagerly

"Yes.. yes Mom. Just please *sob* you have to be.. to be strong okay? For him. You can't leave us Mom!"

A few moments, the doctor finally arrived rushing towards us with someone to help him perhaps.

"Please step aside"

If I have to use all my money for her I wouldn't think twice. My Mom is so much important to me.

We are all crying, watching our mother reviving. It was so painful seeing her in that very debilitating situation. It was like I am the one feeling her suffering.

"Ms. Manoban" doc called looking at me. I stand up immediately and sat beside my mom who is now sleeping. Thank God.

"Ms. Manoban, I have write all the necessary medicine. I also gave her a temporary oxygen but I'm afraid she won't last long. Therefore, I advise you to bring her to a professional and high recommended hospital. We don't have much in our facilities and tell you directly, we can't help your mother"

We are all went silence and sobbing was heard in every corner. I feel like I'm dying, this is too much.

"God.." I hold Mom's hand tightly still careful not to hurt her

I payed the doctor and gave money to my younger sister and asked her to buy everything that Mom's needed. I assign Tzuyu to be the responsible for Mom while I'm withdrawing large amount of money for her medical expenses and needs.

I look at the clock and it reads 8:50 in the evening. Joy keeps on giving me updates about the conference and Jennie's Mom messaged me if I'm coming home tonight cause Luke won't stop from crying, he's asking me to go home.

Lisa : Hello Tzuyu?

Tzuyu : I am beside Mom, Lisa. Don't worry, I'll keep an eye on her

Lisa : Ask Sana to replace you for the meantime if you want to sleep. I'm coming back tomorrow, my son needs me

Tzuyu : Take care. Thank you for everything Lisa

Lisa : She's still my mother, Tzuyu. Our mother. I won't ever hold a grudge towards her

Tzuyu : Thank you. If Mom just see how responsible you are. I love you, Lisa. See you tomorrow

Lisa : Love you too, Sis. See you. Tell Mom and Sana my goodnight

I slump inside my car, exhausted. My stomach was growling nonstop and my body screaming for a moment of rest.

I get even more stressed remembering the incidents earlier. I dialed the same doctor to ask about all the expenses for Mom's operation and I almost fainted hearing the amount

The money I will be spending for Mom would affect the money for the court about Luke's custody, for the divorcing and Luke's savings for his future. It'll even affecting my own savings.

If I asked Jungkook for money, I will just feel so ashame. I know he's my bestfriend but this is my personal problem. I'm just praying to survive to all of this and save more money again after Mom's recovery.

I reached Luke's room almost 11 in the evening. I saw him peacefully sleeping while hugging the picture frame of me and him. I smile at the sight and bent down to kiss his forehead.

I went downstairs to cook something but I saw Jennie, mug on her hand while staring in the air. As I've said, she has developed this newly found habit of staring at nothing that seems always in a deep thought

Noticing my presence, she look at me straight in the eyes. I am so drained to even think about what's on her mind and just straight to heat something if there's any

"Where have you been?" she asked quietly

I rolled my eyes while my back facing her. I didn't acknowledge her question and keeps on finding something that is easier to cook

"You're not on your workplace"

I groaned "Stop paying someone to follow me!"

"Why can't you just answer my question?"

I face her, huffing "Jennie not now! I'm tired!"

"I'm not picking a fight. I'm just... worried" she said

All I want is to be alone for now, is it that hard to give? I'm not interfering her in her personal life why can't she just do the same?

She was about to talk but I motion her to stop and shut her mouth then I answer Tzuyu's call. This nervousness again, what's happening to Mom?

"Is everything okay?" I asked. Jennie was just standing feet away, probably listening.

Tzuyu : I don't know.. Mom keeps on waking up and she's having a hard time to breathe

Lisa : Lower her blanket, put another electric fan. I'll ask someone to fix her room's air conditioner tomorrow. Then give her water immediately if she woken up, call me quick if something happen to her, okay?

Tzuyu : Okay, Lisa. Thank you. I just.. we really don't know what to do

Lisa : It's okay. Are you sleepy?

Jennie turn her head to me, eyeing me hard. I rolled my eyes and cover the speaker "Jennie I'm talking to my sister, stop your stupid jealousy and  stop murdering the chair" I sais cause she's literally gripping on the poor chair

Tzuyu : ...Lisa? You still there?

Lisa : Y-Yeah, sorry. You're saying?

Tzuyu : I said I'll sleep for a while. Sana insisted to watch Mom while doing her homework. Goodnight, I love you

Lisa : Okay. Goodnight Tzuyu, and don't tolerate Sana doing her homework at night. Bye

"Was your Mom perhaps.. sick?" Jennie ask gently

I raised my eyebrow "As far as I remember, you hate each other. Now stop being plastic, you don't really care about her"

She sighed "Maybe yes, but I don't want to see you worrying like that. You seem, so stress"

"Yes. So so stress Jennie and don't make it worst. Just shut up, thank you"

She clenched her jaw. I just didn't mind her and put my foods inside the oven.

"I'm getting mad at you always shutting me out" she informed me. There's nothing firm on the tone, it was like she just wanted to make me realized that she's not liking how I talked to her. Typical.

But not mad Jennie for god sake! I already have a lot in the table!

"I'm not shutting you out. I just needed an alone time to think" I said facing her again

She nodded "Is there anything I could help?" she offer

I shake my head "No. I can handle everything"

"Then how about your Mom? She's sick, am I right?" I remain my mouth shut "Lalisa you do know I will know your distress one way or another.  I don't like you going home late at night"

Now you know how it feels when you're coming home late at night and mostly didn't at all

I couldn't control myself anymore, maybe because I am too stressed to even deal at just everything as I scoffed at her "I have my own house. Don't forget that I'm just here because of my son. Let's face the reality, we're not okay. We do not know if we will ever be okay! Don't act like there's nothing going on!" I spat

"That's why I'm fixing our relationship, Lalisa. Can't you see?"

And why the fuck am I feeling like I wanted to cry right now?!

When she get nothing, she spoke "Please Lalisa. Let me help you, was it because of your mother?"

The oven tone up, I turned my back just as my tears falls down. I get my food out of the oven and prepare it for myself. I bit my lips not wanting to make any sobbed, or any sound that could make Jennie realized I was crying

"Lali-"

"No! Don't touch me!" I back away and shove her hand away from my shoulder. Her eyes widened seeing me crying

"Lalisa.."

"You want to know? Fine!" I wipe my tears harshly "Yes! My mother is sick! Fighting for her life! And I don't know if my help would last!.. I-I.. I don't know if she'll survive! I'm trying to fool myself that she'll survive no matter what..! I just met her after how many years and life was just too nice to fucked me up again" I sobbed

She remain silent. Just letting me to let out all the pain and anger towards her

"I want her alive.. she haven't even met Luke. I want her alive... Jennie I.. I want her alive...I have so many things to show her, I know she'll be proud of me.. I w-want her alive Jennie.." I completely breakdown infront her

"She.. she needs to survive. I'm not ready.. *sob*  I want her alive Jennie... please... "

Jennie take me in her arms, bringing me in her most comforting hug "Sshh..  it's okay, cry it out I'm here" she whisper stroking my hair as I hug her neck like my life depend on it

"I'll help you don't worry.."

My eyelids becoming heavy. Her soothing words was enough to bring me in my most peaceful world. I keep producing hiccups and her hand patting my back occasionally was too good to forget this body ache and heavy feelings.

"Promise me she'll survive Jennie.." I sobbed letting my eyelids blinding my eyesight

"I promise, doll"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.8K 1.7K 27
A little AU where Lucifer and Alastor secretly loves eachother and doesn't tell anyone about it, and also Alastor has a secret identity no one else k...
53.1M 377K 65
Stay connected to all things Wattpad by adding this story to your library. We will be posting announcements, updates, and much more!
148K 7.9K 82
Being flat broke is hard. To overcome these hardships sometimes take extreme measures, such as choosing to become a manager for the worst team in Blu...
295K 18K 40
You live in a different time zone Think I know what this is It's just the time's wrong