❦𝗪𝗲 𝙎𝙝𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝗕𝗲 𝗙𝗿𝗲�...

Av ShmaptainShmerica82

❦(LᴏᴋɪxAsɢᴀʀᴅɪᴀɴ!Rᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ)❦ (Y/n) was abandoned at a young age, being forced to live on the streets, and s... Mer

❦꧁Things 2 Know꧂❦
❦Prologue❦
❦Chapter 1❦
❦Chapter 2❦
❦Chapter 3❦
❦Chapter 4❦
❦Chapter 5❦
❦Chapter 6❦
❦Chapter 7❦
❦Chapter 8❦
❦Chapter 9❦
❦Chapter 10❦
❦Chapter 11❦
❦Chapter 12❦
❦Chapter 13❦
❦Chapter 14❦
❦Chapter 15❦
❦Chapter 16❦
❦Chapter 17❦
❦Chapter 18❦
❦Chapter 19❦
❦Chapter 20❦
❦Chapter 21❦
❦Chapter 22❦
❦Chapter 23❦
❦Chapter 24❦⚠️
❦Chapter 25❦
❦Chapter 26❦
❦Chapter 27❦
❦Chapter 29❦
❦Chapter 30❦
❦Chapter 31❦
❦Chapter 32❦
❦Chapter 33❦
❦Epilogue❦
❦Afterword❦

❦Chapter 28❦

172 11 11
Av ShmaptainShmerica82

𒊹︎Your POV𒊹︎

My eyes fluttered open slowly, and I found myself laying in green sheets, my bed. I was relieved to find myself here, glad that the horrible pain that I experienced was just a bad dream. When I sat up, there was no pain physically.

However, deep within my chest, at the pits of my heart, there was a feeling of grief that struck me so deep, it made tears spring into my eyes. I wondered if this feeling belonged to Drakon, but when I felt around for him, he was nowhere to be found. I must have blocked him out.

I looked around the room, and was happy to see a plate of food rested on the bedside table. The door was cold, but I was starving. It felt like I hadn't eaten in years. After all, I did go to bed without dinner.

I jumped in fear when I heard a clang come from the doorway, and I was met with Natasha, standing awestruck in the doorway.

"What? What is it?" I asked, my voice gravelly with what I thought was sleep.

"Y-youre awake! YOU'RE AWAKE!" She exclaimed excitedly, rushing over to tackle me in a large bear hug.

"Yes..... I was just asleep for the night." I smiled in confusion, her making me worried.

"(Y/n)......" She trailed off, her face designing of all color. "You've been in a coma for three and a half years." Her voice was grave.

I laughed right in her face. I laughed so hard that I snorted. What a great actress she was!

"That's funny, you're funny! I've only been asleep for eight hours, nine tops." I shrugged, pulling away from her embrace.

Tears sprung out of her eyes, and she bolted out of the room. I jumped out of bed to chase after her, but stopped at the doorway. I wasn't in Loki and I's room. I didn't recognize the hallway around me at all. This didn't look like the palace one bit. It was dark, and the place reeked of copper and smoke. My nose crinkled at the smell, and my bare feet slapped on the ground as I walked down the hallway in the direction that the red head had gone.

The long hallway was completely barren, and all of the doors were locked. I know this Becuase I tried to open them. I started to panic, and my breathing started to become rapid. Soon, my anxiety crippled me to the floor, and I leaned up against the cool granite stone wall. I must be underground somewhere. It was drastically cool, and goosebumps formed over the thin nightgown that covered my form.

I heard thundering footsteps approach me, getting louder snd louder. In a split second, two tall forms skidded to a stop in front of me. I recognized them immediately, Thor and Loki. I stood up quickly, tackling Loki into a bone-crushing hug.

When he didn't react, I pulled back in confusion. His face had acquired a few more wrinkles, and he had the same grave expression that Natasha had. I pushed myself away from him, looking up at him with slight fear. I glanced over to where Thor stood. His hair was no longer shoulder length, and it had been roughly cut. Not to mention that he had a golden eye patch over his right eye.

"W-what'a going on? Where are we?" I asked, fear seeping into my voice.

"Loki, get her dressed, and then bring her up." Thor spoke sternly but softly.

"Brother.....are you sure that's a good idea...?" Loki questioned, his eyes holding worry.

"Yes. Now go." Thor ordered, snd loki grabbed my hand, pulling me back to the room that I had ran out of.

I let him drag me along, worry erupting in my chest.

"Loki, what's going on? How long was I out?" My lip quivered in fear, and Loki finally turned around to look at me.

"Come here, darling." He held out his arms, and I was quick to run into them, holding onto his thick armor tightly.

Tears fell from my eyes, from fear and confusion. I had no idea where I was, or how long I'd be out for. It seems as though I'd been asleep for far longer than a nights sleep. Loki had me sit down on the bed, and he left to grab clothes for me in a standing armoire. He brought over a metal plate that covered my front and back, gauntlets, and shin guards, along with a white jacket of sorts to cover everything(1).

He dressed me carefully, and when he finally had my clothing settled, he pulled me out of the room. I didn't say a word as we walked down the long, dark, and abandoned hallways. We climbed up several flights of stairs, each level getting a little warmer. When the heat became stuffy, and we reached a trapdoor with a ladder, Loki grabbed me by the arms before we moved.

"(Y/n), I love you. I've loved you for every moment you were asleep, and I've done everything I could to not fall apart while you were gone. But up there..." He paused to look up towards the trapdoor, his jaw clenching. "Up there, nothing matters. Stay close to me, Thor is waiting for us. Move quickly, and stay alert." He spoke to me, and he climbed the ladder first, opening the somewhat heavy looking trapdoor.

When the door was opened, I was met with blistering heat, and the smell of burning flesh. I covered my nose once I reached the surface, Loki shutting the trapdoor behind me. When I looked up, I was met with a devastating sight, one that would scar me for the rest of my life.

The palace was burned to the ground, only marble pillars and charred woodwork remained standing. My jaw clenched as Loki led me through the ashes, me being careful to avoid small flames, and charred corpses that littered the ground here and there, almost making me wretch.

Loki finally led me to a little alcove inside of a blackened building, and that's where Thor waited for us. I was about to open my mouth to ask a million questions, when my body lurched and my stomach flipped. I turned away from the two men as I hurled up the food I had previously eaten, panting as I tried to catch my breath. When I turned around, Loki was quick to comfort me, holding me tightly, and then Thor started to speak.

"That day that Loki found you passed out in the bedroom floor, Drakon died, the peace keeper of all of the dragons in the nine realms. When he passed, chaos broke out. The dragons rebelled against the leaders of their realms, many dragons killing anything that was in their path, including each other. Everyone was caught in the crossfire." Thor paused, and I saw him gulp, and his chest moved shakily.

"The dragons from four of the nine realms teamed together(2), setting a goal to take down Asgard, the place that had kept them chained and under control for so long....and that's exactly what they did." Loki picked up for Thor, and my breathing became ragged.

"Where's Odin and Frigga? What about Faline? Is she safe?" I started to be worried sick again, and I became dizzy, holding onto Loki for dear life.

Both men looked down at me with sympathy, and my face dropped. I shook my head violently, not wanting to accept the words that they had told me. They couldn't be dead! Who would rule? What about my sister? I bursted into tears, my knees giving out as they landed on the ash-covered floor. Loki kneeled down beside me, trying to comfort me, but I pushed him away roughly.

"No....this can't be. She's brave! She can handle herself!" I screamed in agony, Loki quickly slapping his hand over my mouth, both of the men's wide eyes darting around the area.

"Take her back down. It's not safe for her to be so vulnerable up here. I will follow close behind." Thor ordered, and Loki practically drug me back down the trapdoor, and he rushed me back to the room.

I screamed and cried for quite some time. The only thing I could think about was how much I'd lost, and how much I'd missed. I'd lost someone who was like a mother to me, my sister, and my partner, who was woven into me like a straw basket since birth. I'd also lost a great King, one that established peace over the nine realms fairly.

After a while, I'd become numb. I managed to speak lowly, my voice having no emotion, my eyes being the same.

"What have I done." My lip curled up in disgust towards myself.

Loki looked at me in confusion, but I didn't meet his eyes.

"This is all my fault. I killed Drakon, and now our families are gone." A fresh new wave of tears came.

"What are you talking about? None of this is your fault, love." Loki comforted me, coming to sit on the bedside, where I was leaned against the headboard.

"You don't know that, you don't know anything. That day, I was so angry at him. I wanted him out of my head.....so I pushed him out. And that killed him." My face was set with realization.

"I'm the reason Asgard is in ruins. I'm a monster. Loki, I did this!" I yelled, and he flinched.

"No no no no....I can't be here." I got up from the bed quickly, only to have Loki snatch me up by my middle, lifting me off of the floor.

I screamed and kicked for him to let me go, but he held tight. When he finally set me down, once I'd calmed down, I shot up and tried to make a run for it, only to fall face first, something restraining my left leg. A heavy chain was attached to my left ankle, only long enough for me to brush my fingertips on the doorknob if I really stretched.

I looked back at Loki in horror, and his face held remorse, and guilt.

"I'm sorry, my love. But you can never leave this place. This is the only safe place left in Asgard." He spoke gravely, my eyes widening in horror.

FOOTNOTES:

(1) What Loki picks out for you:

(2) Asgard's dragons didn't attack, nor did Muspelheim's, and Midgard doesn't have dragons, along with Helheim(in this story). Vanaheim didn't sent their dragons to attack, keep reading to see why :)

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

211K 8.8K 27
[ LOKI x READER ] [ thor: ragnarok ] C O M P L E T E D ◇ ◇ ◇ When the god of mischief shows up uninvited to your home and asks you to check on his fa...
71.3K 1.5K 19
ABUSE, VIOLENCE, TORTURE, GORE, SA(R too), DV tbh Honestly, I don't recommend this book to people, but people like it and think I should keep it. So...
1M 46.8K 118
Loki, of Asgard, wants revenge. Revenge on those who have hurt him in the past. He is surprised when that revenge comes in the form of a girl. And a...
228K 8.9K 100
As a half breed Jotun runt, Anya has always been an outcast and treated as if she were beneath everyone else simply for being born. Unwanted in her o...