RWBY: The Vermillion Knight

By DerErzHerzog

"This is my story ... do you want to listen to my adventures in Remnant?" I don't own anything but plot. All... More

Forword
Prologue
Chapter 1: Beginning
Chapter 2: Beacon Academy - Arrival
Chapter 3: Beacon Academy - Initiation
Chapter 4: School and related Problems
Chapter 5: Friends?
Chapter 6: Field trip
Chapter 7: First Contact - Part 1
Chapter 8: First Contact - Part 2
Chapter 9: Just another day...
Chapter 11: Legion
Chapter 12: Legion of Domination (Part 1)
Chapter 13: Legion of Domination (Part 2)
Chapter 14: Domineer
Chapter 15: Beacon Academy - Brothers
Chapter 16: Everwinter without Mercy (Part 1)
Chapter 17: Everwinter without Mercy (Part 2)
Chapter 18: Everwinter without Mercy (Part 3)

Chapter 10: Town

350 8 9
By DerErzHerzog

YEAH! After two months it continues! :D 

Quick reminder: Some parts in the story happen outside of Eclipse's point of view so he will not know unless stated otherwise but this will be mentioned in various ways to bend into the story but it is clearly visible. This is only for a better understatement of the story.

A few weeks ago, Beacon Academy, Eclipse PoV

What happened in the headmaster's office yesterday? I can't remember what happened but I know that general Ironwood wants my sword and that he would give me a replacement, although I don't know what weapon could replace a superweapon according to my aunt's words. It doesn't matter, the voices in my head are right... I shouldn't trust them... but what should I do? My train of thought was then interrupted by Yang who was sitting next to me in Dr. Oobelck's class.

Yang: "What's up with you Eclipse? You are so... absent are you okay?", she whispered.

Is she worried about my wellbeing? Is my worrying that obvious? Anyway, she should rather look after Blake because she seems to be also a bit distressed lately.

"Yang, shouldn't you rather care for Blake? I appreciate that you care for me but I think Blake needs you more than I." I whispered back with a small smile.

Yang: "Well if you say so, but if you need someone, I'm your girl!", she replied with a bright smile.

But it seems like she was a bit too loud because Oobleck seemed to notice that and coughed to get our attention back. After half an hour, the lesson ended and so did the school day. Everyone was heading to the cafeteria to get something to eat, or the library because they needed to study. There were also a few students who went in the direction of the dormitory. I thought for a moment and since I'm hungry and still have something left for cooking, I also went to my dorm, but then I got these thoughts again, the thoughts of the general and headmaster or someone else trying to steal the Xuanyuan from me... So I decided to go to the locker rooms where every student stored their weapon and combat attire. At first, I slowly walked but then...

???: "What makes you sure that your sword is still there?"

???: "They could have unlocked your locker and simply take it away from you!"

Two voices called in my mind with the addition of a slight headache... Ozpin is the headmaster so he must have a way to open everything in this school, so I increased my walking speed and ran to the lockers. 

Arriving there, I entered the pin code and the locker opened itself and revealed my Xuanyuan Sword. I sighed in relief... But to think that the headmaster would steal it from me... am I getting paranoid? And is this even wrong after that approach of the Atlas general? I any case I'm taking my sword... oh and my armor.

With Ozpin and Ironwood, Headmaster's Office

Ozpin and Ironwood were both looking at a holographic screen on which they saw Eclispse holding his head as it would hurt him before he ran off in the direction of the lockers.

Ironwood: "What is this child doing?"

Ozpin: "I don't know but it seems like he's heading to the lockers."

The two headmasters continued to watch Eclipse running to the lockers. Both of them were curious, although Ozpin had a slight guess why Eclipse went to the lockers. And he was right when Eclipse took his sword.

Ironwood: "Is he taking his sword with him? Why?"

Ozpin: "Mhm, I guess it has something to do with your interrogation from yesterday. It can be that he doesn't trust us and thinks that we could simply take his weapon from him."

Ironwood: "Oh come on, Ozpin! Don't say that you don't want to know what this weapon is! Maybe it's the key to get rid of the Grimm and 'her'!"

Ozpin: "It is indeed true that I'm also interested in his weapon, but you could have at least have asked him in a less commanding and threatening way."

Ironwood: "And what do you think should we do next?"

Ozpin: "As for now, we will wait and do nothing that might cause trouble with him, that could end badly for us."

Ironwood: "For us? Are you scared of that child?"

Ozpin: "James, please. I may not be frightened by him, but unlike you, I have felt that there was something wrong with him yesterday, and this didn't felt good. Maybe it could be a good idea to call his aunt. She gave him the sword so she might know something that we don't know."

Back to Eclipse, Eclipse room

I finally reached my dorm... I was panting because of the run but also from carrying the Xuanyuan... this thing isn't easy to carry around... Something easier to carry would be nice...

I sat on my bed and closed my eyes for a moment before I realized that the object in my hands disappeared yet there was still some weight on my hands and arms. I opened my eyes again and saw that my sword was gone, but looking at my hands I suddenly had two armored gloves with a similar color scheme as the Xuanyuan Sword. I was confused, where went my Xuanyuan Sword, why do I have now those gloves? It still feels like the Xuanyuan but how?

As I was admiring my gloves, my scroll ringed. It's auntie Hime :D 

Hime: "Hi, Eclipse! How are you?"

"I'm good auntie Hime, I hope your boss didn't punish you too hard the last time..."

Hime: "Nah, it's alright, but I must tell you something about the Xuanyuan!"

"I also wanted to ask you something about it but please go first."

Hime: "The sword is made of a very rare and special material called Soulium. This material has several advantages over common materials. One of them is its changing capability."

"Changing capability? Like from sword to gauntlets?"

Hime: "Yes, but how-"

"I thought about the weight of the sword and then it turned into some golden gauntlets."

After my interruption, she paused for a moment.

Hime: "I must say, you are quite compatible with Soulium... One of my friends and students is a fist fighter and a damn good one but she is currently not here but if you want I could ask for a few things to teach you."

"That would be cool, but do these gloves have a name too? Or are they simply called Xuanyuan fists? And what are they in the first place?"

Auntie Hime stayed silent for a good minute before she began to speak again in a serious voice.

Hime: "Okay, I will tell you about this weapon. You already know that the Xuanyuan Sword is one of 1000 identical weapons but due to the unique property of Soulium, the weapons are capable of changing forms. The fists you now have the name 'Grips of Tai Xuan'. Maybe you can also create the third known form, who knows? Anyway, the Xuanyuan is a so-called 'Divine Key' to be more exact the 10th Divine Key, or Key of Domination, this is one of several superweapons of humanity."

"I see... and you have given one of these artifacts to me... then I guess it would be better if I keep them as far away from Ironwood and Ozpin and any other prying individuum..."

Hime: "That would be better. Divine Keys are nothing that any person could use... Anyway, I have to go back to work. It was nice chatting with you, Eclipse."

"Wait, I want to ask you something."

Hime: "What is it?"

"I still hear these weird voices in my head. Sometimes they are annoying and things like 'Crush those insects' and then sometimes they are helping me and warn me... Am I getting crazy? Aunt Himeko do I have to worry about my mental health?"

Again she stood silent. After a while, she began to speak again in a calming voice.

Hime: "No, you don't have to worry about it, just stay calm and be happy. Maybe you also get some visitors soon."

She said to me in her emphatic voice that calmed me down.

"Okay, thank you auntie Hime. Then I don't want to keep you from work, goodbye!"

Hime: "Goodbye!"

We ended the call and I was still sitting on the bed looking at my 'new' weapon that I must keep away from the headmaster and Ironwood... but also about the other things she told me... Divine Keys... Key of Domination... this is pretty much, but it seems like I have to make the best out of this situation! 

And so, I trained the transformation from the Grips of Tai Xuan to the Xuanyuan Sword and back for the rest of the day. I will test them out tomorrow although it could be weird if I now have a second weapon with me but... I'm not obliged to answer, yes that's it! 

With Ozpin, Headmaster's Office

Ozpin was sitting in his chair looking at some documents regarding the school when the door of the elevator opened and Zure stepped into the wide room.

Ozpin: "Ah, Zure, you have come."

Zure: "Yup Oz, so why did ya call me?"

Ozpin: "It's about your brother-"

Zure: "My brother?! What's with him? Is he in trouble does he need help?" Zure interrupted him.

Ozpin: "Please calm down, Zure, I only know that he behaves somehow not as I have it my memory."

Zure: "What do you mean, Oz?"

Ozpin: "For example, he called Glynda and Ironwood 'insects' when he tried to take his sword from him."

Zure: "Well, it sure is weird since I never heard my brother saying things like that but on the other hand I can understand a bit after all in the way you are telling me this was general ironwood the aggressor."

Ozpin: "Yes, and that's the reason why I called you. I want you to observe your brother and report anything that seems off. And attention to detail is important. When he threatened the general his eyes shortly began to glow, only as an example."

Zure: "Okay, I understand if it helps my brother then I will observe him for ya."

Ozpin: "Oh, and here. Please use it when you observe. With this earpiece, we can stay in contact."

Back to Eclipse, the next day

I'm now on my way to the arena, combat class... I could see it as a chance to test out the Grips of Tai Xuan... Before you ask, yes I know some things about fighting with my fists. I also wasn't alone, team RWBY and JNPR are with me, talking happily to each other while I was still thinking about what my dear auntie told me... Divine Key and that that only a few people are capable of using these weapons to their fullest... does that mean I'm something special? And is my Selmblance not a Semblance but related to these things? I always wondered about that because it never felt like a Semblance, and I don't even have much Aura...

Yang: "Eclipse? Hey! Eclipse!"

The shouts of Yang brought me back to reality.

"Y-Yeah what is it?" 

Yang: "We asked you if you would like to play some games with us after school?"

"S-Sure."

Ruby: "Yay! Now we have another player!" She cheered like the little girl she is.

Zure: "Hey, what's up?" 

Oh no... Why is he already here?

Yang: "On the way to fighting class of course!"

Yang had a joyful grin on her face. The rest of team RWBY also had some smiles while JNPR had except for Nora, neutral expressions. But seriously why is he already here? After my calculations, he should come at least 10 minutes too late only to make a dramatic entrance...

"Why are you already here? I thought you would come late like always?" I asked him.

Zure: "Well, the headmaster wanted me to show some more initiative." He said rubbing the back of his head.

The headmaster? Well looks like Ozpin is doing his job and finally does something against his laziness. We then continued our way to the arena. Every student sat on their seat while Ms. Goodwitch talks about the upcoming Vytal Festival Tournament... I wonder if I could participate because I don't have a team but if not then it's okay too. Ms. Goodwitch then said something about team fights and a small simulation of how the tournament is structured. And so she chose a few students who fought against each other. It wasn't that interesting so I looked around at what the others are doing. I could see some students playing with their scrolls while others had silent conversations, Ruby looked at the ongoing fight and Zure was scratching his ear before going to Ms. Goodwitch. Eventually, the fights ended and Ms. Goodwitch walked forward in the middle and looked at the clock before proceeding to announce something.

Goodwitch: "We still have time for one last fight but Mr. Vermilion asked for a fight against his brother, Mr. Eclipse Vermilion do you accept?"

Huh? Why so sudden? I mean he already did it one time so it isn't that suspicious but at least I can use this as an opportunity to test out the Grips of Tai Xuan.

"Yes, I accept."

I looked at Zure who had a satisfied smile on his face. I then walked to the changing rooms although and undressed my uniform. I only had to undress my uniform because I already dressed in my combat outfit in my dorm and thanks to the handy size of the Grips it was easy to transport them without someone noticing it. I must say, already wearing the combat attire makes it really fast. I then put on the Grips of Tai Xuan and entered the arena where Zure was waiting. When I entered the arena, a few of my classmates looked at me confused and some of them began to whisper, probably because of my new weapon.

Zure: "Hey. that was fast! And what are those gloves? Never seen that before."

"Believe it or not but these 'gloves' are my sword."

He looked confused at me but then shrugged it off.

Zure: "Okay, then let's start!"

Goodwitch: "The fight between the Vermilion brothers begins in... 3... 2... 1... Begin!"

With Ozpin, Headmaster's office

Inside the office of Beacon's headmaster, Ozpin and Ironwood were both looking on a holographic screen at the ongoing fight. 

Ironwood: "Where's his sword? I thought he only has this golden sword and not those fists?"

Ozpin: "Well, he said the fists are his sword and I don't think that he means this metaphorically..."

Ironwood: "So you believe that he somehow turned his sword into this pair of gauntlets? That should be impossible!"

Ozpin: "Yes, it should but I have the feeling that he isn't lying..."

Ironwood: "Didn't you said that you wanted to call his aunt?"

Ozpin: "I tried it but she wasn't there and only the answering machine replied but I will try it later again."

Back to Eclipse

We stood across from each other before I closed the distance to him. He lunged out for a strike with his ax. Just as always, always starting with a strike from the right. Shortly before I was at him I quickly slowed down so he would miss his attack. I then started with a combo of three fast jabs at his hip before going back into a defensive position. 

Zure: "Rhg!"

He grunted looks like I did some damage, and a quick glance on the Aurameter in the arena proved this. Looking at the places where I have hit him, I could see some very fine and tiny embers. Looks like the Grips of Tai Xuan do mainly fire - perfect!

To skip the useless fight I will just sum everything up: we fought for a few minutes before I made a mistake because I'm not that used to fistfights and lost but hey, at least I now know more things about my weapon.

Goodwitch: "The fight has ended. Mr. Zure Vermilion is the winner. Class, you are dismissed."

I then wanted to go back to the changing room and to dress in my uniform back but Zure called out for me but because I don't want to talk with him I pretended to not hear him. Afterward, I made my way to the library. Inside the library, team RWBY as well as JNPR  and Sun and Neptune already waited for me with the game Remnant: the game set up.

Yang: "Hey Eclipse! Come here I have seat for you!"

Yang was the first one to greet me before the rest did it as well. I sat next to Yang who then slowly closed the distance to me. isn't her cold? I mean I learned to control it a bit but it's still very cold around me. Anyway, we started to play but then the expected questions came...

Ruby: "Hey Eclipse, why did you fought with some gauntlets against Zure? I thought you are a sword fighter?"

Weiss: "And what did you mean with 'these 'gloves' are my sword.'?"

"I meant what I have said, the 'gloves' are literally my sword."

Weiss: "That's hard to believe."

I then reached into my bag where I stored the weapon before showing it to them. Of course, Ruby turned into her weapon dork mode and gawked at the Grips of Tai Xuan.

Ruby: "WHOAH! THEYLOOKSOCOOLOMGOMG!"

The others looked at them as well and they all had an expression of surprise or excitement.

Pyrrha: "They sure look like fine weapons."

Blake: "Why do you have your weapon with you instead of the locker?"

I then stood up and put the upper part of Beacon's uniform off to let them see that I still wear my combat outfit which of course surprised them.

"I had a talk with the headmaster and general Ironwood, and to make it short, I have the feeling that the general wants to steal my sword..."

This shocked them, well everyone would be shocked if someone accuses the leader of the greatest military force on Remnant without any kind of explanation.

Weiss: "How can you say something!? And so special is you sword surely not-"

Before she could finish her sentence, I thought of turning the Grips of Tai Xuan back into the Xuanyuan Sword and it happened. 

RWBY/JNPR/SN: "WHAT THE-!?!?!"

Weiss: "How is that possible not even Atlas has this grade of technology!" 

"Well, my auntie said something about a foreign material that has various abilities and this changing one is one of them..."

Ruby: "LETMETRYTOO!"

"I'm sorry Ruby but my aunt also told me that you need certain requirements to use weapons of this series at full power. I don't want to sound rude, but in your hands, it would only be a mediocre weapon."

Ruby: "Awwwwww... But why fists and do they have a name!?!?!"

"My aunt said the name of the gauntlets are 'Grips of Tai Xuan' and fists, well I only thought about something that takes less space, and then this happened."

The others only said "Wow!!!". And then came Jaune.

Jaune: "But does it weigh the same!?" 

"HA NO!"

(Actually, I don't know if that's canon and in one of the manga's where the 11th Divine Key shrank there is no comment if it still weighs 150 kg)

Jaune: "Okay that's cool."

Yang: "I must say you fought pretty well~."

"Uhm, thank you? I learned some things together with my brother when he was still a student..."

Yang: "That's cool~."

Okay what's up with Yang and why is she getting closer? Anyway we then started to play a few rounds and I must, some of them are really bad especially Weiss... Attacking your own forces... and she calls other people stupid... 

Eventually, it got dark and we all decided to go back to our dorm rooms. Because I still wanted to get a book I said to the others that they don't have to wait for me. I searched and searched for a good book until I found one and left the library after the head of the library yelled at me to leave, but on the way, I saw the game board that belongs to Ruby, she must have forgotten it in the library. I guess I will take it with me, her dorm is on the way. 

After roughly five minutes I reached the dorm section of Beacon Academy. Then suddenly a door opened and a red blur rushed out of it and collided with me but at least I now know that it was Ruby.

Ruby: "Oh, sorry Eclipse I didn't saw you..."

"It's okay Ruby. I guess this I yours?"

I said and showed her her game board.

Ruby: "MYGAMEBOARD! Thank you!" She said with stars in her eyes.

"No problem. Good night, Ruby."

Ruby: "Good night!" 

And just as fast as she came, she disappeared. How much energy can someone have to be this active all the time? I don't know but I surely know that I'm not that hyperactive and that's why I'm going to bed now. If it wasn't for three people who need to annoy me...

???: "Good evening."

A female voice said behind me. I turned around and saw a girl with dark hair and amber eyes like myself. She is accompanied by a girl with light green hair and red eyes and a boy with gray hair and gray eyes. They all are dressed in a black uniform with the usual differences in the male and female uniforms. The black uniforms... they are from Haven Academy, the Huntsmen school of Mistral.

"Good evening," I replied.

"I've never seen your before, I guess you come from Haven?"

Black-haired girl: "Correct."

"Then I must tell you that your dormitory is this way. Follow the floor and then turn left. Right down the road, can't miss it."

Black-haired girl: "Thank's but since we areN#t from here, we hoped for someone to guide us there and maybe tell us a few things."

???: "DON'T TRUST THEM!!!"

A guide? Does she know how late it is? And even the voices in my head tell me to not trust them.

"Maybe you haven't noticed it, but it's getting dark and I wanted to go to my dorm. Now."

Gray-haired boy: "Oh, but you seem like someone who likes to chat!"

He then approached me and tried to touch my shoulder.

Gray-haired boy: "AHHHH!"

He screamed as soon as he touched me. My cold body directly went through his aura and caused a freezer burn on his skin.

Gray-haired boy: "Dude! What was that!?"

"Sorry, but I don't like it when someone touches me. And before you want to further discuss, this is my semblance, a passive ability that is always active. I don't have much control over it."

The black-haired girl then looked with an inspecting eye at me before she decided to leave.

Black-haired girl: "We understand that you want to be left alone, thank you nonetheless. Maybe we'll see you around."

The three then left me and I waited for a moment and then went to my room. Inside my dorm, I undressed my uniform, combat attire and dressed in my sleeping clothes.

???: "DON'T TRUST THEM!"

???: "THIS VERMIN WILL BACKSTAB YOU! DON'T TRUST THEM!"

???: "CRUSH THESE INSECTS!"

So my voices are the same opinion... I shouldn't trust them. I then laid in my bed and began to drift into the world of dreams.

And so the next day came. At first, I thought this will be just another regular school day. Nothing special happened during classes aside from usual small disputes about the Faunus and their rights and Port's stories. Luckily this day ended fast. I sat next to Jaune who quickly stood up and went to Weiss... oh no he will ask her out... aaaaaand he got rejected. What a surprise. Don't get me wrong, Jaune is a good friend but sometimes he really can be an idiot. I packed my stuff and went to the library to give back a book that I have borrowed a few days ago. Sure I was in the library yesterday, but even I can forget something... 

After I returned the book to the library and went back to my dorm but on my way I met Sun and Neptune.

Sun: "Heeey, look there's our fridge :D"

"Fridge?"

Neptune: "Because you're always cool :D"

"Haha... how are you?" I asked them.

Sun: "Everything is O-Kay!" He said it in a very good mood.

Sun: "We just wanted to go end help team RWBY."

"Team RWBY? I guess it isn't for studying if they call you two."

Sun&Neptune: "Hey!"

"Jokes aside, did they plan anything?"

Sun: "Uhm we don't know but they were preparing like they expect to fight and since we don't want to let our friends alone, we wanted to join them! Wanna come with us?"

RWBY planning something? Mhm, that would explain why RWBY was so eager to get her board back but did she really wanted to use the game board for her plan? Anyway, I should go with them. Who knows what could happen...

"Okay, I will go to my room and take my stuff."

Sun: "NICE!!! :D See you there buddy!"

Neptune: "With you on our side, nothing can stop us :D"

The two chaotics then left but instead of going directly to team RWBY's dorm, they followed the corridor? Well, I should prepare myself. Inside my room, I dressed in my combat clothes and equipped the Grips of Tai Xuan, and went to RWBY's room. Outside of their room, I could hear Sun's voice talking about the ultimate reinforcement. I then knocked on the door and opened it.

Sun: "And there he is!"

"Hi."

Ruby: "Eclipse? You're coming with us!?" 

"Those two told me that you are up to something and I would like to accompany you."

Weiss: "At least one competent person."

Ruby: "Okay, then with Eclipse onboard... how about that, Neptune you go with Yang since she doesn't have a partner yet, Sun goes with Blake. Then you come with me and Weiss."

Ruby said in her usual good mood. And so we left the Academy without getting too much attention.

Walking through the city, Ruby, Weiss, and I went to the CCT, the Cross Continental Transmit System, a giant tower that regulates communication in the world of Remnant. There are four towers like the one in Vale in each Kingdom, they all are provided by Atlas. On our way, we got then stopped when Ruby's scroll fell out of her pocket. I was about to pick it up for her but someone was faster when another girl with orange hair and a pink ribbon in gray and black clothes showed up.

Ruby: "Penny?!" She exclaimed, seems like she knows her.

"You know her, Ruby?" I asked because I never have seen her.

Ruby: "Oh, yeah, we ran into her when you were chasing Sun. Eclipse, that's Penny!"

Penny: "Sa-lu-tations!" She greeted saluting, oh she must be from Atlas.

"Hello. Ruby, how about you go with your friend while I and Weiss will continue with our task?"

Ruby: "Are you sure you can do it without me?"

Weiss: "Of course you dolt!"

"I guess we can do it without you."

Weiss and I then went to the CCT tower while Ruby walked away with her friend. The two of us then entered the gigantic building and went directly to the elevator to get up to the upper floors where you can call your family, friends, etc. Inside the elevator, Weiss practiced to properly smile, is she that nervous?

"You shouldn't force it," I said.

Weiss: "You don't know my father..."

"That's true, but still. A forced smile is the same as not smiling. I tried it often enough until I realized this."

Weiss: "Do you like your parents?"

"No. I don't like them and I don't like my brother. I always got compared to him and that over and over again."

Weiss: "Must have been hard?"

"Yes, it felt like they never accepted me in the family. Sometimes I question myself why they even have adopted me in the first place."

Weiss: "You're adopted?"

"Yes, did I never told you that? Anyway... I wish I could live with my auntie and go to the school where she's teaching."

Weiss: "You don't like Beacon Academy?"

"It's okay, thanks to you and the others, but I still would like to see my aunt again..."

Weiss: "Then why aren't you going to attend her school?"

"It's a Girls School and as you already know, I'm a boy. But my aunt said she wants to talk with her boss about it."

Weiss: "I see... we are here, let's get this over with..."

We then left the elevator and went to a free PC so Weiss can make her call at the Schnee Dust Company. I stood a few feet away from her and waited for her to finish the call. After a while, she stood up from her seat and went to me. I asked her if she has everything which she replied with 'yes' before we both entered the elevator again. While the elevator moved downward I shortly closed my eyes before I felt something on my arm. It was Weiss who was leaning on my left side. It was weird but I don't mind it.

"Was the talk with your father that frustrating?"

Weiss: "Huh, no it wasn't my father, I'm just happy that we made it." She said in a much softer voice and I think I saw a small smile on her face.

Arriving at the bottom floor of the CCT tower and leaving it, we realized that it's already getting dark outside. I wanted to say that it's time to go back to Beacon but then Weiss scroll ringed. I then heard Blake's and Sun's voices but it heard like they were in panic.

Blake: "Everyone! If you can hear me, we need back..."

Sun: "HELP!!!"

We looked at each other before sighing and me making a not polite facepalm. Weiss seems to know where they are so I followed her and indeed we could see Blake and Sun getting chased by one of these new Atlas mechs. Standing on a bridge I got a nice idea.

"Weiss, can you get me an opening to attack him?"

Weiss: "Sure!" 

She then jumped down from the bridge while I searched for a better place to attack him from above. But my plan effectively failed because I thought Weiss would make an ice wall to stop the mech and not freezing the ground so it would slip and fall from the street into the yard of the harbor.

"Great now I have to climb down all the way again..."

While climbing and jumping down the streets and buildings of Vale I could get a few glances at team RWBY fighting the huge Atlas mech that is controlled by Roman Torchwick, one of Remnant's most wanted criminals. How did I know that? His voice, he talked to RWBY during the fight. Eventually, I reached a good place above them to make a nice and clean Dark Souls-plunging attack.

"Hey!" I called out getting the attention of RWBY and Torchwick. 

"IT'S OVER ROMAN! I HAVE THE HIGH GROUND!"

Torchwick: "YOU UNDERESTIMATE MY POWER!"

I then jumped down from my position, fast enough to land on the head of the Atlas mech without getting hit by one of its many weapons. I then did something that I have never done before... I concentrated my whole power and turned the whole Atlas mech into a giant ice block. I then called 3 ethereal swords with the help of the Grips of Tai Xuan and destroyed every dangerous part of the giant robot. The only untouched place was the cockpit. 

Torchwick then left the mech and began to run away and tried to chase after him but the drawback of my semblance caused me to stick onto the ice that I used to destroy the mech but luckily team RWBY was still the-

Never mind, they let him go away because that ice cream girl appeared again helping Torchwick to escape. The four girls then walked back to me since I was still sticking inside the ice. Of course Ruby gets full dork seeing what I have done.

Ruby: "THAT WAS SO COOL!"

Weiss: "As reckless as your action was, it actually worked."

Blake: "Weiss' right, but it's a shame that he got away..."

Yang: "Anyway, I think Eclipse made it pretty clear that he should be careful if he ever wants to mess with us again!"

Yang was still all fired up, but I might need that fire.

"Mind helping me out?" I asked them and thanks to Weiss she could melt the ice with a bit of fire dust she had with her. 

But there was still a problem... I can't move properly and Weiss' fire dust was only enough for her to get me out of the ice... but Yang was kind enough to bring me back to Beacon on her motorcycle and then to help me walking a bit faster. The others already went to their dorms when Yang stopped in the yard in front of the statue that decorates the Beacon yard. I wonder what she wants?

Yang: "Eclipse?"

"Yes, Yang?"

Yang: "I... would like to ask you something..."

"Why are you so nervous? Is something wrong? Are you sick or-"

Yang: "Please go out with me!"

Huh? What does she mean?

"Uhm, what are you talking about?"

Yang: "Huh!?"

"Please explain what you mean."

Yang: "You don't know!? I'm asking you to be my boyfriend and you say you don't know what I mean!?" She said getting angry.

Boyfriend? Oh, I see that what my brother was to many girls he met...

"Oh, now I understand it, why not saying that you want me to be your boyfriend directly? I was never part of a relationship of this kind."

My explanation seemed to calm her down.

Yang: "You never had a girl before?"

"Nope."

Yang: "Then I will be your first and best!" She exclaimed now with a bright smile.

"But please don't expect anything, I don't know anything about love and all this stuff."

We then returned to our respective dorms. making myself ready for bed, I thought about what Yang told me.  Does she really want me as her boyfriend? Does she feel like this for me? I'm not sure but I don't feel the same, maybe it's only because I never had a girl at my side. I then went to the bathroom to get the ice and rime out of my hair. It's always the same when I use Cold Heart... 

Taking a last look in the mirror I was satisfied with the result, but there was something weird... the skin on my right shoulder and a bit of my throat are white with some pink glowing stripes... I touched it but it felt completely normal... Must be my imagination. Off to bed!

I then walked to my bed and began to drift into the wonderful world of dreams...

Inside a storage hall in Vale Harbour, guarded by Atlas Military

Inside the storage hall, a huge load of SDC Dust was secured by an army of Atlas soldiers and the new 'Atlesian Knight-200', a humanoid kind of robot that shall replace humans on the battlefield. One of these Knights walked around, patrolling the area when something moved in his field of view. The robot follows the movement and found a weird black and golden construct with a golden sphere surrounded by three arms with strings attached to each arm. Before the Knight could do anything, the construct attached its strings onto the Knight and disappeared. The visor of the robot then began to glow light green and moved back to its colleagues. 

Atlas Soldier 1: "Hey, what's up with that unit over there?"

Atlas Soldier 2: "Dunno man, but the way he moves... like a puppet, but where are the strings?"

At this moment the Atlesian Knight suddenly began to attack the soldiers and other AK-units...

TO BE CONTINUED

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A longer chapter after the return. I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

tell me your thoughts and have a nice day!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.2K 334 25
You were at home the next thing you know you have a portal to remnant. I don't own rwby it belongs to rooster teeth.
11.5K 267 26
From the moment you were born you were on your own. You had powers which scared everyone around you and you couldn't control them. But one day, your...
60.7K 904 47
I DO NOT OWN RWBY ROOSTER TEETH OWNS RWBY THERE ARE SOME FEW SPOILERS IF YOU HAVENT WATCHED RWBY YET So this is just a fanfic for the readers who wa...
18.9K 544 26
Just read the damn thing.. (I don't not own ANYTHING here, RWBY, JJK, or any other pictures and stuff I say isn't owned.)