The Unlikely Hero!

By Logan-Kenway

My 1st MCU Story! Enjoy! More

Cast
Bio
Prologue
Chapter - 1 (Thor)
Chapter - 2
Chapter - 3 (Avengers Assemble)
Chapter - 4
Chapter - 5
Chapter - 6
Chapter - 7
Chapter - 8
Update
Chapter - 9
Chapter - 10
Chapter - 11
Chapter 12 (Iron Man 3)
Chapter - 13 (Carnage)
Update #2
Chapter - 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter - 17
Chapter - 18 (Captain America - Winter Soldier)
Chapter - 19
Chapter - 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter - 23 (Avengers - Age of Ultron)
Chapter - 24
Updated Bio
Chapter 25 (Captain America - Civil War)
Update #3 (New Story)
Update #4
Chapter 27
Chapter 28 (Infinity War)
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31 (Endgame)
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Final Chapter!
Sequel?

Chapter 26

3.3K 101 29
By Logan-Kenway

(This is going to be a bit different from the movie scene, I hope you don't mind and enjoy none the less)

=============================

(Y/N) is laying in the Avengers HQ medical bay with Rebecca by his side as Wanda is sat in her room watching the news about what happened in Lagos, Steve hears her Tv and makes his way to her room and leans on the door frame, Steve turned off the Tv as Wanda was listening to all the bad stuff they are saying about her.

Wanda: It's my fault.

Steve: That's not true.

Wanda: Go see (Y/N)... he's laying there unconscious because of me.

Steve: I should've clocked that bomb vest long before you both got involved.

Steve said as he made his way towards Wanda who is sitting on her bed.

Steve: Rumlow said 'Bucky'... and all of a sudden I was a 16-year-old kid again, in Brooklyn.

Steve then sat next to Wanda on the bed as they both shifted the blame form each other.

Steve: And people died. (Y/N) nearly died trying to fix my mistake... It's on me.

Wanda: It's on both of us.

Steve: This job... We try to save as many people as we can. Sometimes that doesn't mean everybody. But if we can't find a way to live with that...then next time... maybe nobody gets saved.

The two then sat in silence for a few seconds as they both pondered Steve's words, but the silence was broken when Vision came through the wall... literally.

Wanda: Vis. We talked about this.

Vision: Yes, but the door was open so I assumed that...

Vision was about to argue his point but he then seemed to realise that it was a stupid point and just went on to the reason he was there in the first place.

Vision: Captain Rogers wished to know when Mr. Stark was arriving.

Steve nodded along with Visions words as he physically agreed with what Vision was saying.

Steve: Thank you. We'll be right down.

Vision: I'll use the door.

Vision then went to walk out the door but he stopped when he remembered another thing.

Vision: Oh, and apparently, he's brought a guest.

Steve: You know who it is?

Vision: The Secretary of State.

Vision then left as Steve looked at Wanda who wasn't looking to happy about the fact he's here, but they both went to the conference room regardless to see why he is here...

=========================

Secretary Ross: (Sighs) Five years ago... I had a heart attack... and dropped right in the middle of my backswing.

He tells the Avengers sat around the conference table, minus (Y/N), Thor and Hulk... Tony sat in a chair nearby.

Secretary Ross: Turned out it was the best round of my life... because after 13 hours of surgery and a triple bypass... I found something 40 years in the army had never taught me. Perspective.

The Avengers listened to his story, some more then others as Rebecca and Wanda were actually more concerned about (Y/N) who's laying on a medical bed as he talks about golf, Nat was also concerned about him but she was listening to every word the Secretary of State said.

Secretary Ross: The world owes the Avengers an unpayable debt. You have fought for us... protected us, risked your lives... but while a great many people see you as heroes... there are some... who would prefer the word 'vigilantes'.

Nat: What word would you use, Mr Secretary?

Nat said being the first Avenger to speak up in this meeting, but Rebecca couldn't help but notice her calm tone... Rebecca was curious as to how Nat could be so calm when the man she loves is potentially dying on a hospital bed right beneath them.

Secretary Ross: How about 'dangerous'? What would you call a group of US-based, enhanced individuals... who routinely ignore sovereign borders... and inflict their will wherever they choose...

Steve looks at everyone around the table confused by the Secretary's words as he continues.

Secretary Ross: ...and who, frankly, seem unconcerned about what they leave behind?

Rebecca smiled after he said that, not because the reason you might think, but because she knows that (Y/N) wouldn't sit here and listen to this guy say this stuff about them... in his words 'You don't play the game, don't make the rules', luckily no one saw her smile as the meeting continued, but at this point, the Secretary stepped out of the way of a Tv and a video popped up.

Secretary Ross: New York.

A video come up showing snippets of the events of New York, at this point Rebecca had enough.

Rebecca: With respect Mr Secretary... the Avengers wouldn't have had to be their in that moment if the US government didn't try to make a weapon out of every power sauce in the universe...

Secretary Ross: What are you saying Mrs...?

Rebecca: (L/N)... and what I'm saying, is if the US government wasn't so destined to start a war then why didn't you just lock away the Tesseract instead of trying to use it's power?

Steve looked at Rebecca telling her to stop, and Rebecca did but not willingly as she knew it wasn't helping there case much, but she'll be dammed and so will (Y/N) if they get told what to do.

Secretary Ross: Washington, D.C.

A video then played of snippets of what happened there as well, but he's only showing the bad things that happened and once again, if the US government didn't sanction those helicarrier's then there wouldn't have been a problem in Washington... or New York... Rebecca just sat back and bit her tongue as they were being blamed for all of this even tho they were just cleaning up after the United States...

Secretary Ross: Sokovia.

Once again a video that only shows the bad things comes up on screen, Tony internally cringes at this one as he remembers the vision he had that involved (Y/N) Standing above everybody's dead body's.

Secretary Ross: Lagos.

And the most recent one was a video of Secretary Ross: diving on Rumlow to protect everyone from the blast, but it didn't work as the blast caught a large part of a nearby building, but obviously it only showed the destruction, not the fact that (Y/N) tried his best to save all of the nosey people standing around that should have ran instead of waiting to see a fight...

It then shows a shot of (Y/N)'s unconscious or potentially dead body and Rebecca and Wanda look away at this as Nat just closes her eyes, Steve notices their discomfort.

Steve: Okay. That's enough.

The video turns off as Secretary Ross continues to push all of the blame onto the Avengers.

Secretary Ross: For the past four years, you've operated with unlimited power... and no supervision. That's an arrangement the governments of the world can no longer tolerate. But I think we have a solution.

Secretary Ross turns to his body guard and takes a folder out of his hand and throws it in to the middle of the table, Wanda is the first to take it.

Secretary Ross: The Sokovia Accords. Approved by 117 countries...

Wanda slides the folder over to Rhodes who's sitting opposite her as Ross walks around the table.

Secretary Ross: It states that the Avengers shall no longer be a private organisation. Instead... they'll operate under the supervision of a United Nations panel... only when and if that panel deems it necessary.

Rebecca stood up and left the room, but not before saying.

Rebecca: I've had enough of this bullshit.

Steve and Sam shared a look.

Sam: She's been spending to much time with (Y/N)...

Steve nodded and said his peace.

Steve: The Avengers were formed to make the world a safer place. I feel we've done that.

Secretary Ross: Tell me, Captain, do you know where Thor and Banner are right now? If I misplaced a couple of 30 megaton nukes... you can bet there'd be consequences. 

Secretary Ross started to walk back towards the front of the table as he continued to make his point.

Secretary Ross: Compromise. Reassurance. That's how the world works. Believe me, this is the middle ground.

Rhodes: So, there are contingencies.

Secretary Ross: Three days from now, the UN meets in Vienna... to ratify the Accords.

Steve turns to look at Tony as the two share a breath stare down.

Secretary Ross: Talk it over.

Secretary Ross and his guard start to make their way towards the exit, but Nat has another question.

Nat: And if we come to a decision you don't like?

Secretary Ross turs to look at the Avengers sat around the table.

Secretary Ross: Then you retire.

============================

The Avengers have now moved the conversation form the conference table to a more comfortable area, but this didn't stop Rhodes and Sam from arguing as Steve read the Accords.

Rhodes: Secretary Ross has a Congressional Medal of Honour... which is one more than you have.

Tony is laying down as he is tired of all the bickering already as he has his eyes closed in frustration.

Sam: So let's say we agree to this thing. How long is it gonna be before they LoJack us like a bunch of common criminals?

Rhodes: 117 countries want to sign this. 117, Sam, and your just like, 'No, that's cool. We got it'.

Sam: How long are you going to play both sides?

(Y/N): Will you all shut up... jeez they can hear you two arguing in Mexico...

Everyone looks to see (Y/N) standing by the entrance, he looks like he didn't just get blown up... wow Venom's good... anyway, Rebecca is standing behind him as Wanda has a faint blush as (Y/N) is shirtless, he then looks at Steve to see him reading the Accords.

(Y/N): So it's true...

He then walks over to Steve as Steve gives him the Accords, Rebecca follows him but she stays near the door as (Y/N) stands in the centre, no one says a word as (Y/N) starts to look through the Accords, he then handed it back to Steve and asks...

(Y/N): What if we don't sign it?

Steve: We retire.

(Y/N) then seems to be thinking about this as he puts the Accords back on the table, he then looks to Tony and asks.

(Y/N): You signing?

Tony nods.

(Y/N): Why?

Tony: People died in those fights... kids...

(Y/N): Oh for fuck sake... you let your conscience get the best of you... people die every day pops... and if you don't remember a lot of them by the weapons you built... you say kids... well kids get killed outside their own front doors every single day... schools get shot up every single day and no one seems to care about that... but us going across the world to stop a terrorist from killing millions and a few hundred die is unacceptable to you.

Everyone in the room was listening to his words, he had a good point which didn't help the group come to a decision, Steve then stood up about to say his piece, but then (Y/N) pulled him into a hug and whispered.

(Y/N): You need me... you know how to find me...

Steve nodded as the others didn't seem to hear him say anything, (Y/N) then let go of the hug and walk back towards Rebecca.

Nat: Where are you going?

(Y/N) turned around to see them all looking at them.

(Y/N): We're retiring.

He then turns around again but stops as she asks something else.

Nat: So your leaving again?

(Y/N) faced the Avengers once again.

(Y/N): I would welcome you to join us Nat, but I already know the answer and so do you, you know what you going to choose... and you know what they'll do to me and Rebecca right?

Some of them shook their heads no, but Steve, Vision and Rhodes nodded.

(Y/N): They'll put us on the first plane to Area 51... they'll run tests on us and probably kills us in the process, so it's either that or we go into hidden while the US government throws their toys out the crib...

Rhodes: It's not just the US government tho.

(Y/N): It is when your not blind enough to realise that all of this is because of them anyway... except Sokovia... that was Pop's and Banner...

Tony looks at him in shock.

(Y/N): Don't look at me like that... you two are the ones who tried to build a shield around the world that completely back fired.

Tony: It didn't back fire, we just programmed it to save the world not the human race... so when it found out that the humans are the biggest threat to the world then Ultron tried to destroy the human race.

(Y/N): You have just helped me prove my point right there.

Everyone listened to the words (Y/N) was saying as he looked to Rebecca.

(Y/N): Let's go.

Rebecca nodded and left the room, (Y/N) gave them a sad smile and turned to leave but stopped for a second when Nat said.

Nat: You leave again, I won't be here when you come back.

(Y/N) stopped as this kinda hurt, but he knew it was over the second he read that file, so with out looking at any of them he said.

(Y/N): You sign that file... WE... ain't coming back.

(Y/N) then left to follow Rebecca as they had a back up plan encase this sort of thing happened, so they grabbed their stuff and left all of their electronics behind so they couldn't be track and left to go someplace safe for themselves and maybe even others...

=========================

(To Be Continued)

(Sorry this is shorter then normal chapters but I changed a lot from the scene in the movie and it will change more if I continue this chapter, so think of this as a tester, if you all enjoy it then please do let me know.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7M 83.4K 39
❝Do you feel like a young god?❞ [across the marvel cinematic universe] [thor - age of ultron] [book one of ?] [CURRENTLY EDITING]
14.2K 190 68
marvel cast and character one-shots! ☆ no smut ☆ not taking requests ☆ there are indeed memes in here please be kind!! my writing has improved since...
691K 17.3K 55
Spider-man oneshots! They will include the Avengers, Spideypool, Stony, Winterfalcon, Ironstrange and maybe some other ships! There will be a couple...
77.5K 1.5K 21
A bunch of random Avengers/Marvel oneshots, based on photos I found on Pinterest and ideas from friends, or my own ideas. Mostly fluff, some angst, N...