New Life (Slow Updates)

Av DawnOfOtter

"TONY! Is my cloak on you again!" Strange yelled from the hall. Tony did a double check on his shoulders. "NO... Mer

Soulmates
Tattoos
Prologue......
Chapter 1, Hectic
Chapter 2, Stress
Chapter 3, Confrontation
Chapter 5, Identitys
Chapter 6, Something Normal
Chapter 7, Somewhat Normal? (not)
Chapter 8, Well..... that happened
Chapter 9, Surprise
Chapter 10, Nerves
Chapter 11, Oop
Chapter 12, Complete
Chapter 13, Help
Chapter 14, Girls Day
Chapter 15, Powers
Chapter 16, Skip
Chapter 17, Vents
Chapter 18, Vacation
Chapter 19, Beach
Chapter 20, Explanation
Chapter 21, LOKI
Chapter 22, Gone
Chapter 23, First Word(s)
Chapter 24, Inbetween

Chapter 4, Lost and Found

8.5K 255 9
Av DawnOfOtter

I could've been born with a normal family. Parents that loved me, daily activities, basically the average life. But no. I never had a father, my mom died almost three weeks ago and I have twin baby sisters to take care of.

And here Flash was, threatening me and them. Although I was panicked and scared, I had to control my emotions.

"What, are you stupid as well as a slut? I. said. stand. up."

I slowly stood, wary of what he was going to do next.

"What do I need to do to make you leave me alone."

He smirked, "Give me the internship and certificate, then say you cheated."

I nod. I had suspected as much. "Fine. I'm going to go to my bag to get the internship and certificate papers, but I can't say that I cheated."

With slow movements I went to the bag and grabbed the papers, handing them to him. He glared at me.

"If you won't say that you cheated, then we'll have to even it out a different way."

Then he tried to punch me. Keyword 'tried'. It was very sloppy and I was dodging it before it had even started. But then I saw a flash of movement out of the corner of my eye.

"We have the bastard babies, don't move."

I froze and my mind did to. One half was saying, protect them, protect them, protect them. The other half was saying, you can't show your powers, you'll be a freak then sent to a lab.

Thankfully the decision was made for me, when a doorway opened up from thin air, and something that looked like the military came out.

The stories.

Bedtime stories.

The ones that mom told me every night.

She had said they were real but I hadn't believed her. Now I did.

*Flashback (when she was 6)*

We were in the 3rd apartment in two years. It was small and only had three rooms. The kitchen, the bathroom, and the bedroom. But that was all we needed. We had each other.

"We have a new story tonight! It's a true one, and one day it might be helpful for you so listen carefully."

"Okay mommy!" I snuggled into her side on the small bed.

"One time, there was this government. They knew, well, thought, that they could control everything. Whenever someone messed up, they would come through a doorway looking like the military."

"They sound like bad guys mommy. Did the superheroes defeat them?"

"They were the bad guys sweetheart. But let me tell the story. After they came through the doorway they'd zap the person that messed up with a stick and take him away."

"Didn't his family miss him?"

"No, because the bad guys would put a small jar of liquid down and press a button. Everything would be erased and the mistake would be fixed. No one would ever know that it had happened in the first place."

"So did the good guys realize what the bad guys were doing?" I questioned, my little six year old brain racing.

"I was one of the good guys who saw what they were doing. Only one other person knows but he may have forgotten. I escaped the bad guys and am going to teach you how to fight them."

"I'm gonna beat them up, like pow! PoW! pOw!"

"You're going to do a great job." My mom said laughing. "But remember, sometimes you have to outthink them."

*End of Flashback*

The lady in front pressed a button on her stick and everyone froze. Everyone except for me and my sisters. So I took my chance.

Within thirty seconds I had grabbed two of the sticks and tapped two of the people. They disintegrated.

"I was warned about you. But I didn't realize that these staffs had a disintegrate button." I said. "Who are you though?"

"Stand down we are the-"

But then I saw one of them trying to set up a vile. It was the liquid that mom had warned me about.

"I wouldn't do that if I was you." I warned, then started fighting my way through them. There were only seven of them but by the time I got to the last one it was too late.

I watched him press the button as I disintegrated him. Then I waited for the inevitable. But, as I watched it consume any unnatural items and erase all trace, nothing happened to me or the twins. When the light reached us it just went around us, not touching us anywhere.

I stood there in shock, watching as the world came back to life around me. In fact, I was so stunned that I didn't even notice Flash until he punched me in the jaw.

Pain shot through and I glared at him.

"I'm done with you. Take the internship, take the certificate, but leave me and the twins alone."

While he still stood there in surprise I took the girls from his cronies arms and went to clean up my lunch area. When I turned around and stood I noticed he was gone.

I couldn't go back to class so I gave a note to the principal saying that the twins were being too fussy. He gave me a pass and I left.

When I arrived home I found one of the worst things ever. A note.

A note, saying that I had been evicted. I had until 6pm to get my stuff out. By the looks of it my mom had never paid the rent besides the down payment and some small portions here and there. Since I hadn't known that I thought there was still another week till I had to pay rent.

Right then and there I wanted to just sit down and cry. Instead I took care of all the twins needs, strapped them to myself so they could fall asleep, and started gathering the most important things.

Thankfully I had left all my books at school, so I didn't have to deal with those. As it was I packed the two suitcases and one backpack full of items. Both of the suitcases were full of things for the twins and a few miscellaneous items.

The backpack I stuffed full of things of the bare necessities for me and some food.

That's when I remembered. 

The box.

Mom said that she had left a box under her bed. With efficiency I unstrapped the twins and put them on the rug. It took me a couple minutes to find the box because it was not only under the bed, it was also under the floorboards.

When I pulled it out it was only the size of a shoebox. I was tempted to open it but then I remembered my current situation. With that I pushed my curiosity to the back of my mind and went to put everything by the door.

Using some ties I strapped the box to one of the suitcases and the backpack to the other. Switching my attention to the babies, I made sure that they were both bundled up well, then methodically wrapped them in a sling on my chest.

Grabbing the handles of my suitcases, I went out the door. Once I left the building, I had no idea where to go. I hadn't made any sort of connections in New York, and I didn't have a phone so I couldn't contact anyone. 

Technically I could walk up to a stranger and ask to use their phone but I'm naturally wary of anyone that lives in this area. It isn't the best place in NYC, to put it mildly.

That's when a random thought came into my head. Soulmates.

It was so bizarre that I shook my head. My soulmates were the friggen Avengers, there's absolutely no way that they'd want someone like me. Heck, I'd probably even be a threat to them.

But they were my best option besides a homeless shelter. Also, it was getting dark. So I headed off to the upper side of New York City.

*Avengers POV*

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN OUR SOULMATES GONE!" Tony yelled.

"When I got there, most of the personal items were cleaned out and there was an eviction notice on the door." Peter said in almost all one rushed breath. He had really wanted to meet her especially since she went to his school. Peter felt bad that he hadn't found her earlier.

"Tony calm down. We won't find her if you're riled up. We also probably shouldn't mob her if we do find her, she hasn't had the best day." Steve consoled.

The Avengers had been feeling random strong waves of emotion through their bond with her. It had mostly been deep sadness but there was one time where it went from anger to fear. They had almost all geared up to find her but then the feeling disappeared.

Now that Peter had returned with the news that she wasn't there, they didn't know where to find her.

"TONY! Is my cloak on you again!" Strange yelled from the hall.

Tony did a double check on his shoulders. "NO! But we have bigger problems!"

Strange walked in, "Do you have a boner again?"

"WHAT THE FUCK. NO!" Tony yelled. "Apparently we lost our soulmate."

"Can't you just ask FRIDAY to search for facial recognition?" Strange reasoned.

"He already told FRIDAY to do that, she hasn't come up with anything yet." Nat explained.

"Was she not at home?" Stephen questioned.

"She got evicted." Bucky said shortly.

"Wait, my cloak-"

"Now is not the time to worry about your apparel Strange." Tony said angrily.

"No. Listen. My cloak isn't with me. It isn't with you and it isn't with any of the others here. Hence, where is it. Because I think I know." Everyone's eyes widened as they realize what Strange had just said. Well, everyone except Peter.

"Um, so where is it?" Peter asked.

"With our soulmate." Clint said in his ear, right behind him.

Peter jumped, turning at the same moment and almost landing on his ass. "Jesus Clint! Don't scare me like that!"

Everyone laughed at the small scene, but turned back to serious. 

"If that's the case, how do you find your cape?" Steve asked.

Stephen shrugged. "It's never been lost before and if it does disappear it always comes back within a day or so. But since we believe its with our soulmate, who knows when it'll come back."

Various groans were heard around the room as they now knew there was no definite answer.

"How about this. If FRIDAY doesn't find her in the next two hours we'll go looking for her. It'll be dark soon and I don't like the thought of her being outside when it comes." Steve said.

Little did they know.

*Eclipse's POV*

It was cold. My thin sweater didn't really help much with that. It had taken me so long to get to this side of town and it was almost pitch black. Even though I was cold I knew the twins were fine because I had constantly been checking them.

As I walked up to the tower I resisted the urge to flee. I don't normally feel like this, which is what confused me. Another thing that threw me off was that Dr. Strange's cloak was with me.

It wasn't on my shoulders, but it had neatly folded itself up over my luggage. Hardening my resolve I head up to the doors. They let me through, which surprises me because it's already eight.

The cloak then floats upwards and becons to me. Can a cloak even do that? Or am I just crazy? I follow it anyways. It goes through a scanner and I step in. It doesn't do anything so I continue forward.

I continue following the cloak as it leads me to an elevator. None of the employees say anything, but some of them stare. The cloak presses the elevator button and I stand there to wait for it.

There's a solid 'ding' and the doors slide open.

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

113K 3K 26
A paralysed girl...smaller than teenagers her age...but a mind stronger than most adults...with a not so good family life and difficulties to face ea...
46.3K 1.5K 26
18+ Warning. Mature scenes and Language. Sneak Peek- "You okay, baby girl?" He asked lowly. I closed my eyes, taking a deep breath. I nodded slowly...
90.3K 2.9K 31
This is a Peter Parker x Bucky Barnes fanfic 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐓𝐖𝐎 𝐎𝐅🥀 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒 ------------------------------------ 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐃: 𝟏𝟐.𝟎𝟗.𝟏𝟗 ...
21.7K 903 86
Ana Barton, was the most purest souls Thor had ever encountered. She was strong willed, smart, brave and compassionate. Though he had only known her...