Harry Potter and the Bucket L...

By Darkpetal16

Being reincarnated as Harry Potter's fraternal twin sister really puts a new meaning behind "death is but the... More

Pre-School 1
Pre-School 2
Pre-School 3
Pre-School 4
Pre-School 5
Year 1 - 1
Year 1 - 2
Year 1 - 3
Year 1 - 4
Year 1 - 5
Year 1 - 6
Year 1 - 7
Year 1 - 8
Year 2 - 1
Year 2 - 2
Year 2 - 3
Year 2 - 4
Year 2 - 5
Year 2 - 6
Year 2 - 7
Year 2 - 8
Year 3 - 1
Year 3 - 2
Year 3 - 3
Year 3 - 4
Year 3 - 5
Year 4 - 1
Year 4 - 2
Year 4 - 3
Year 4 - 4
Year 4 - 5
Year 4 - 6 (The Yule Ball)
Year 4 - 7
Year 4 - 8
Year 4 - 9
Year 4 - 10
Year 5 - 1
Year 5 - 2
Year 5 - 3
Year 5 - 4
Year 5 - 5
Year 5 - 6
Year 5 - 7 (Wand Monogamy)
Year 5 - 8
Year 5 - 9
Year 5 - 10 (Rosier Raid)
Year 5 - 11
Year 5 - 12
Year 5 - 13
Year 5 - 14
Year 5 - 15
Year 5 - 16
Year 5 - 17
Year 6 - 1
Year 6 - 2
Year 6 - 3
Year 6 - 4
Year 6 - 5
Year 6 - 6
Year 6 - 7 (Tom's Interlude)
Year 6 - 8
Year 6 - 9
Epilogue - Year 7
Epilogue - Graduation
NewGame+ 1
NewGame+ 2

The Bucket List / Q&A

5.3K 267 144
By Darkpetal16

Questions I forgot to answer / couldn't figure out how to comfortably fit in.

Reincarnation isn't special, everyone dies and is reborn. Rosie was simply someone who remembered.

If Rosie remembered all of her past lives, her Patronus & Animagus would have been a phoenix.

The Dementors did not bother her because Rosie's old soul craves the peace of death. Dementors in this story are personifications of death, they feed on the bonds/attachments/links souls have to their lives to encourage them to pass on peacefully. A soul eaten by a dementor is utterly purified--a genuine reset button--so when they reincarnate, they will be reborn as a completely blank slate.

Dumbledore purposefully invited Rosie to a solo Alchemy class so he could study her and hopefully learn more about her connection with Tom.

I kept swapping between Lunar's Orchard and Lunar's Orchid for the entire story and no one called me out. I could not--and still cannot--decide which name I liked best so I kept swapping like the indecisive lil bitch I am. :) Thanks for not calling me out. Now re-readers can stumble over it. You will never not notice it now.

To piss off Harry without getting caught: Tom held up two fingers in the v shape and slowly licked in between.

(≖‿‿≖)ノ⌒●~*

QUESTIONS ASKED

● Will there be a sequel?

No. I'm dipping out the HP fandom to finish my HxH story and drown in Mystic Messenger. Any future HP stories will be with a different iteration of Lilly.

● Did Harry & Rosie do the memory swap before the time travel?

Yes. Rosie also included memories of their parents.

● Would you say they (Tom and Rosie) have song?

Tom - I Hear a Symphony by Cody Fry (shoutout to emo0trash0panda for the recommendation).

Rosie - Foolish by Meghan Trainor

● For Booboo: What happened to the rest of the dementors after they decided to abandon their post to help Voldemort kill people?

Booboo: ...

Rosie: I gotchu honey. Booboo was the only dementor killing the Death Eaters. The rest of them had to be rounded up by Aurors and sent back to Azkaban. A few escaped though.

● For Sirius: Who struck down Bellatrix? What did you do in the fighting?

Sirius: My priority was the safety of my kids. I found Harry, but I couldn't Rosie so I went out looking for her. It was a bit of a blur. Moony and I took out a lot of Death Eaters. I don't know who killed Bellatrix, but I know it was a pretty gruesome death. She was torn limb from limb.

● For Rosie: If the universe you inhabited was not bound by fate or destiny, and any number of things you did could completely derail the "plot", how would this have changed your planning?

Rosie: If Plot did not exist, Lily and James probably would have taken me seriously and brought Dumbledore to me. I would have done my best to convince him of the betrayal. So... to start off with, James and Lily wouldn't have died. I would have still tried to form Lunar's Orchid, but I probably would have been successful the first time I tried to kill Umbridge without the Plot protecting her. Mmm... Probably no escape from Azkaban, so I don't think I would have met Booboo which would have sucked. Maybe not even a TriWizard tournament? I guess the end results would have been a pretty tame school year and given me ample time to prepare for Voldemort. Less stress... but maybe also less fun.

● For Draco: What are your thoughts on Muggles and Muggle-borns?

Draco: Neutral. I don't think about them often. I was raised to first hate them, and then re-educated otherwise. Neutral is the best I can manage right now.

● For Dumbledore: How would you compare the "canon" timeline where Rosie didn't exist vs the one where she did? With the information you now have, would you change anything if you went back to when she first came to Hogwarts?

Dumbledore: A comparison... The "canon," as you say, appears rather bleak. There are similarities, but the overall tone feels darker. If I were blessed by my knowledge now, I think the only difference I would have made would be to seek better counseling for Rosie regarding Lily's death. Survivor's guilt is a powerful thing, and it is a shame she could not overcome it.

● For Umbridge: What's the afterlife like?

In terms of this story where reincarnation is the norm, Umbridge is paying repentance in her next life. So... difficult? :)

● After the first, would Rosie and Tom continue to explore new worlds and universes?

Rosie: That's the plan.

● For Tom & Rosie: If the situation wasn't like this and you both could stay in the future, and if you ever got pregnant, p could you record when you would tell Sirius and Harry? Probably would be the best blackmail!

The question is kind of answered in the next couple of chapters. ^^

● For Sirius: Who did Tom remind you of or why did he look familiar to you

Sirius: Tom motherFUCKING RIDDLE APPARENTLY.

● For Rosie & Tom: How awkward was the morning after the first snog? Or was it just peaceful silence?

Tom: I assume you mean morning after we slept together. Snogging is only kissing.

Rosie: I didn't feel awkward. Did you?

Tom: Not really. More sore than anything. I did not anticipate how much of a work out it would be for my core.

Rosie: Yeah. The after part was fine.

Tom: Emphasis on after.

Rosie: Hehe...

Tom: She was very shy, I had to be very careful not to startle her.

Rosie: You make it sound like I was a frightened kitten or something.

Tom: ... The comparison is remarkably similar. Certainly squeaked a lot.

Rosie: Butthead.

(≖‿‿≖)ノ⌒●~*

THE BUCKET LIST (ORIGINAL)

Save Sirius. (C)

Destroy the locket (recruit Kreacher). (C)

Learn to fly. (C)

Find the cloak of invisibility. (C)

Become a badass thief and make shit tons of money. (C)

Learn martial arts. (C)

Recruit Fenris. (C)

Learn occlumency (likely books at Black House Kreacher can get. Can't think of a reason why they wouldn't have them). (C)

Master werewolf biology for future worgen army. (C)

Build werewolf army (possible conversion into worgens in honor of WoW? Praise be to Gilneas.) (C)

Get a familiar. (C)

Successfully bullshit my way out of getting in trouble at Hogwarts with Professor Snape despite it being SUPER obvious I should be in trouble. (C)

Get THE Hogwarts Letter! (C)

Shop at THE Diagon Alley! (C)

GET A WAND! (C)

Get sorted into Slytherin. (C)

Taunt Slytherin. (C)

Cause Chaos in Slytherin. (C)

Wait for Slytherin to snap (we have bet Kreacher that they will crucio us, and Kreacher says they will be smart enough to come up with something else). (C)

Dominate them through sheer power and intimidation. (C)

Become Slytherin Queen (fuck your lord shit, queen is better you murdering arsehole). (C)

Buy the Slytherin house brooms first year as the "carrot" in the "carrot and stick"

Prevent Dumbledore from getting cursed by the ring. (C)

Keep Sirius alive into year six. (C)

Be pranked by the Weasley twins at least once. That's practically a rite of passage. (C)

Play tennis with the whomping willow. (C)

Kill Voldewhore. (C) Kind of??

Begin courting vampires through alias. (C)

Spend summer preparing for baby Riddle. (C)

See if basilisk will become a Good Boy™ or Dead Boy™ (C)

Steal diary from Ginny ASAP. (C)

Test if occlumency offers resistance to Voldewhore possession. (C)

Also genuinely curious what the hell that feels like???

Get one of those pygmy puffs. (C)

Make Slytherins do good deeds at least once a week, or face punishment. (C)

Note: Training for how to pretend to be nice on a convincing level, and how to properly manipulate. Fucking embarrassing how over the top evil they are.

Is Lockhart a genius at politics? I need to know how tf someone so seemingly stupid is able to manipulate the press. Might be good to befriend him to prepare for upcoming political climate. (C)

Learn warding. (C)

Learn how to destroy wards. (C)

Learn how to get past wards. (C)

Who is pro Death Eater in Slytherin? Find out, make a list, and get a layout of their homes. Noted: Scrapped when confirmed I could successfully manipulate the Slytherins.

Spend summer stealing from Death Eater families. (C)

What am I actually afraid of? (C)

Invent a spell! (C)

INVENT A HUNDRED SPELLS. Note: Incomplete before time jump. Gonna take a couple more decades. Math is hard. :(

Learn patronus (I bet Kreacher mine is a fox, Kreacher bet snake, and Sirius bet unicorn). (C)

What do dementors ACTUALLY feel like? I need to know. (C)

Can they learn how to do spirit fingers? (C)

Keep Remus's furry little secret an actual secret. (C)

Get a really pretty dress for the Yule Ball. (C)

Enter the TriWizard tournament if it becomes available. If we enter it publicly and loudly enough they might not target Harry and Harry can be spared the trauma. (C)

Have a hot date to the Yule Ball. (C)

Learn about ritual magic. (C)

Kick butt in the TriWzard tournament. (C)

Win the TriWizard tournament. (C)

Become an animagus! (C)

Replace most if not all the Dark seats of the Ministry with Light seats. (C)

If Umbridge hurts Harry, kill her. (C)

Go on a real date. (C)

Share a New Year's kiss. (C)

Try that whole losing the virginity thing. (C)

What does our love potion smell like? (C)

Rob Gringotts. (C)

RESCUE DRAGON IN GRINGOTTS. (C)

Establish equality laws, and creature protection laws. Note: Did not personally complete prior to time travel, but I have faith in my friends and family. They will finish what I started. (C)

If Slughorn comes to Hogwarts, get into his fancy pancy club. (C)

Steal the Half-Prince book & give it back to Snape. (C)

Steal from Noble Death Eaters. (C)

Do a family heist. (C)

Find out what magic actually is. (C)

Take a class taught by Professor Dumbledore. (C)

Make a super dramatic escape that involves looking away from explosions. Bonus points if escaping with a hottie. (C)

Be happy with your life. Have no regrets. (C)

(≖‿‿≖)ノ⌒●~*

Next up is pure bonus content that I had spontaneously written alongside the story. It'll be formatted much more differently than what you're probably used to, but I hope you can still enjoy it nonetheless. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 259 38
★It's not too late to by happy again ★ ᴄʜᴀʀʟɪᴇ ᴡɪʟʟᴏᴡ is dead- murdered by a former accomplice. The movement she left behind, however, is very much a...
93.7K 2K 77
What if Harry Potter has a twin sister ? what if others realize that she is no different form others . A tale of an ordinary witch with heroic family...
236K 5.4K 30
BOOK ONE. Olivia Potter didn't know the Wizarding world existed until her fourth year. She didn't know that she had a twin brother. She was left alon...
148 25 15
Childhood is a curious period of time where we discover and learn many things, we've been already through Harry Potter's childhood to adulthood and h...