Living Affair

By Missnellywrites

Book Two of the Living Vicariously series. It's two years later since Montana and Kacey have been married. Tw... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five
forty six
forty seven
forty eight
forty nine
fifty
II/01
II/02
II/03
II/04
II/05
II/06
II/07
II/08
II/09
II/10
II/12
II/13
II/14
II/15
II/16
II/17

II/11

2.7K 141 114
By Missnellywrites

     The sun was slowly starting go down as Kacey had just arrived back to her boutique. It was a sales day where everything was fifty percent off and she wanted to make sure everything was running smoothly. She was In a fine mood after going with Montana to drop off his DNA test in order for them to find out if Tatum was his son or not.

She definitely could admit going there the first time was not a good choice seeing as Charisma could've easily sabotaged the test. Before hand she had a session with her counselor, so far everything was running smoothly, and it was only their fifth session. What had her over the edge is the advice she gave her regarding her relationship with Montana which had her kind of rethinking everything.

After her meltdown the other day, she and Montana's relationship was going in the right path. It hadn't been any arguments or fights. They had came a very long way from when they first officially got together.

Kacey walked into her boutique, greeting the staff and customers who were there. There were plenty of customers and that made her very happy. She walked to the backroom where she saw Cassandra sitting down eating a salad.

"I see everything is going good this time around?" Kacey questioned, seeing as last time a fight broke out between two of the customers who fought over a sweater. It was definitely embarrassing to hear about two grown women fighting in front of their kids over something so invaluable.

"Yes it is." Cassandra agreed with a sigh followed behind. "We just have one problem." Kacey took a seat next to Cassandra as she waited for her to speak on the problem. She hoped it wasn't something too problematic cause that would ruin her day. "Sabrina and her sister quit today something about them moving to Colorado and now were kind of short on staff."

"They just quit without any heads up?" Kacey said out loud more to herself. "They knew they were leaving but ain't say nothing. That's the kind of shit that pisses me off."

"I know, I know, Its all cool though because I got my sister Dakota who is willing to work. It's the one I told you about that I ain't really have a bond with. She just moved back and could use some money to keep her on her feet."

Kacey chuckled. "Oh yeah I do remember you telling me that." Kacey thought back to the conversation they had about family. Cassandra definitely did mention her sister but never gave a name. "You said her name was Dakota?"

"Yeah, Dakota," Cassandra repeated. "I don't know if you remember but she was the one who came to pick up that package for me that one time, way before we became accustomed to each other."

Kacey thought back and she could definitely remember the girl and her memory started to get very clear on exactly who Dakota was. The same chick who answered Montana's cellphone, the same chick who she caught him talking too outside her job and the same chick who showed up unannounced to her home to leave a letter confessing her love to her husband. The name Dakota wasn't very common but Kacey had to make sure it was the person she was talking about before making her decision.

"May I see a picture of your sister?" Cassandra nodded, picking her phone up from the table and going into her photo album. Cassandra turned her phone to Kacey and she sighed once she seen the familiar face.

"I'm Dakota a friend of his."

Those words finally played in Kacey's head as she looked at the girl. Cassandra noticed the sigh and spoke up.

"Why the sigh?" Cassandra asked a little confused. "Everything alright?" She wasn't aware of the beef with Dakota and she knew Kacey's sigh was not a good sign.

"Nope, its not. I met your sister some time after she came for that package and it was right before she left because she came to give Montana a letter about some abortion she had when they were eighteen and how she was in love with him." It was no point on lying to Cassandra about her sister so she put everything on the table. Some things were actually starting not to add up and Kacey was beginning to become suspicious.

Cassandras face dropped as she put two together. "Wait, is Montana the best friend she had growing up...Buggie?"

Kacey chuckled in disbelief, "Yep, that's exactly the nickname Buggie. And now I'm starting to question this whole thing. You brought up your sister that one day but forgot to mention to me that her name was Dakota. The same chick who was occupying her time with Montana answering his phone like she's somebody important and this whole time we've been friends im supposed to now believe you didn't know that Montana basically knew her since he was a teenager. What? Were you apart of helping her sabotage my marriage to him?"

"No! Don't try to accuse me of some shit like that. I genuinely am your friend and genuinely had no idea about her and Montana. I told you that me and her were close but not that close. I remember I met Montana one time in the many years she dated him and she never introduced him as Montana, it was buggie so I had no idea. I know about the abortion and everything but I never knew Montana. I had nothing to with what you guys had going on. I'm not sure what she did to jeopardize your marriage with him but I am sorry." Everything was so new to Cassandra that she was hanging on a loop at this point.

Kacey shook her head and waved Cassandra off. She didn't mean to accuse her because she could tell Cassandra felt a way, "You don't need to apologize to me."

Watching Kacey in disbelief Cassandra rolled her eyes at the thought of her sister. She definitely had no idea about Montana and Dakota and kind of realized why all of a sudden Dakota rushed back to New York. Montana moved on and started a family with her friend while her sister was moving as if she were waiting on Montana so they could be together. Cassandra needed her sister to realize that she and Montana's fling been over since she left almost nine years ago.

"I get how you feel and if it were me I would feel a type of way, so if you don't want her here I understand."

Kacey could tell from the moment Cassandra brought up her sister how excited it would be for her to be closer to her sister. Kacey hated chicks who stepped out of bound towards married men but that's in the past and she bad no grudge against Dakota. She and Montana were in a secure space and nothing could break that.

She didn't know if she would regret her decision but if she did there was always a solution to that, and she would not hesitate to use it. "I might regret this later on but I can tell you wanna help your sister out and I don't mind helping those in need so you're welcome to hire her."

Cassandra turned her body in the chair so that she was facing Kacey. She gave her a big smile before she raised an eyebrow. "Yes I'm sure don't bother asking." She playfully rolled her eyes.

"Thank you and ill make sure she appreciates this as much as I do. When can she start?"

"As soon as possible seeing that we need workers immediately Just give her one of the twins schedule." Kacey said as she heard Cassandra mutter a perfect. She looked up to see Cassandra leaving out the room, bothering to pay her no mind she occupied her time on her iPhone before it was time to pick up her shipments.

Cassandra walked out the store and made her way to her car. She tapped on the window and the window rolled down. "Did you come out here to tell me exactly what I told you she would say. You could've texted me so-"

"You're hired." Cassandra folded her arms across her chest as Dakota tossed her hair over her shoulder in confusion. Dakota had been outside the whole time waiting since her sister insisted. She knew she was wasting her time but wanted to prove her point to her sister.

Dakota looks taken back at her statement. "I'm hired? Like I got a job there hired? Are you actually serious?"

Cassandra rolled her eyes. "Yes, I'm fucking serious and now I know why you were so promised that she wouldn't hire you. First you knew Buggie which is Montana was married and you met his wife only for you to give her a letter that was for Montana about your personal life like she wouldn't read it-"

"She read my letter!" Dakota raised her voice. Dakota took a deep breath seeing as that alone mad her upset. The letter was very personal and was written to Montana, not Montana and wife. She should've knew that Kacey was the type of insecure woman who would read a letter from a chick addressing her husband.

"That ain't the point. You knew her this whole time and you let me go in there and ask you for the job. That ain't cool and all the other bullshit you've did ain't cool. You think you get brownie points for that?"

"I never said I did and what are you even talking about. You're talking as if I slept with this man or did anything that would be considered cheating. I didn't even know he was married at the time. I also think everyone is missing the big picture here because when I first ran into him it was at a bowling alley and he spotted me."

"Cut the crap, D. You spotted him first but you waited for him to notice you because you knew he would confront you, right?"

Dakota chewed on her bottom lip not bothering to look at her sister. She knew she was right, but she wanted everyone to stop acting like she was the cause of why his marriage was broken. She just missed her friend.

"It doesn't even matter anymore. Kacey is over the whole thing and is willing to let you work here." Cassandra informed her and got ready to walk away before she remembered to say something. "It's been nine years and Montana has moved on, you should too. Don't try to wait for the right time. Just because you started with him don't mean you're gonna end with him. You're not eighteen anymore...if he wanted too he would've." Cassandra said giving her sister needing advice.

Before Dakota went inside to start her shift for the day she took a minute for herself. She didn't come to start any problems with Kacey, she knew it was definitely a dumb choice to work at Kaceys store of all places. Everything for her was in the past and it was time for her to start fresh.

As she gathered herself together she happened to look up and saw Montana walking into the store. Dakota muttered cuss words to herself as she took a deep breath. She was not expecting to see him and just wanted the day to be over.

Montana opened the store door and stopped to look around at the store. He hasn't been there for a long while and he forgot how properly organized and furnished it was, Kacey had did a phenomenal job as expected. He then spotted Kacey who walked out from the back room to the register. He held a bag in his hand as he walked over to his wife. 

Kacey was opening some new products that had been there for a few days and she needed to restock on all the sold out products. Kacey could feel somewhere staring at her and looked up and her face immediately dropped. "What are you doing here?" The first thing out of her mouth once he reached the counter. Montana chuckled not expecting that reaction as he placed the bag on the counter in front of him.

"I came to bring you lunch. Is that a problem?" He raised an eyebrow, looking at his wife who held a blank expression. "I thought you'd be happy to see me considering last night." He smirked.

She rolled her eyes, taking the white bag from him. "Thank you for the food and I am happy to see you. I just thought you would've called first."

Montana tilted his head to the side, pulling at his beard. "When do I ever call?" He asked looking at her suspiciously.

"Nevermind, just forget it." She said not trying to make the whole thing into something too serious. "Where's the kids?"

"They chilling, Kapri and yo sister with em. You good?"

"Montana, I'm great, okay." She laughed a little bit.

"Is you sure?" Montana had been looking more into Kacey and trying to make sure she was okay from their last heartfelt talk and he ain't know how to feel. The look in her eyes was telling him something different but he wasn't gonna do too much especially if she actually was okay.

"It's are you sure." She corrected him and she laughed when he sucked his teeth. "Yes I am sure."

"Well can I have a kiss, then?"

"Not here." She said as she looked around the store.  Every since their breakup plastered over social media she didn't want people back in their business thinking they were together. What they didn't know wouldn't kill them and it made it easier for her...them. She didn't want any public display of affection because anyone could be watching.

"What you mean not here? Since when I can't give you a kiss?"

"Since when are you so pressed over a kiss?"

The look on his face told Kacey he was serious and not in the mood for her shenanigans.

She sighed, "Since I don't want any of these people in our business, Montana. You're not gonna die if I don't give you a kiss, I promise." She looked towards one of the clothing racks and seen Cassandra there standing with a woman she assumed was the Dakota.

Montana sucked his teeth more annoyed at the fact she kept worrying about people and social media. Who the fuck cared if they were together or not. He hated when she payed too much attention to what other people had to say, he ain't know what was going on with her all of a sudden.

"What fucking business you got?"

"Like we haven't been the topic on social media for the past couple months now..."

"Oh my bad, was I supposed to know that shit or something? You be on social media and feed into that bullshit too much." He said, making Kacey roll her eyes. He also went on a rant about the same shit and she was tired of hearing it. "I'm a grown ass man what I look like keeping up with the false narrative and stories people paint on us?"

"You're being overly dramatic over a kiss, Montana. Chill out."

"Oh aight." He nodded his head, thinking about something. "But, it was okay then when you begged me to fuck you in Mastro's, huh?"

Kacey took her eyes off Cassandra and Dakota, scoffing as she shook her head side to side. "Why are you tryna compare that to me not wanting our business out there?"

"Oh so because people ain't see you physically getting fucked, yo business wasn't out there?" He answered her question with a question.

"Jesus why are you trying to start an arguement with me right now." She felt now he was purposely trying to piss her off at work since the comment he made was unnecessary.

"I ain't trying to start no argument with you. I'm just tryna figure out why you acting like this. But it's all good though, champ. Enjoy your lunch."

Kacey didn't bother to stop him. She took a deep breath and turned around to unpack the rest of the boxes. She was so uneasy when she saw him because she knew Dakota would be walking in, she didn't know when but she knew she was coming in. The day Dakota is hired Montana suddenly wanted to bring her lunch. It was a surprise to her since it was a rare thing he did. She didn't want them to meet again but knew eventually it would happen.

Kacey unpacked each box one by one as she organized the clothes in the correct piles. The only thing on her mind was finishing that so she could head home and finish up more important meetings she had concerning other boutique locations.

She had one in New York and Miami and was trying for two more locations and even another salon down in the city of Atlanta. She was trying to get that successfully done for herself and especially her kids.

"Um, Kacey?"

She stood up and turned around and tried her hardest not to roll her eyes to the sky. Being her professional self she stood up straight and plastered a smile. "Dakota, right?" Kacey asked, already knowing the answer to her question as Dakota nodded. "Can I help you with something?"

She spoke softly, "Not really I just wanted to properly introduce myself to you but I saw you were already engaged in your own conversation. I wanted to also ask but I didn't want to disrespect you or anything? Is everything alright with you guys...you seemed upset."

Kacey squinted her eyes at her and sternly said, "You're an employee and should stay in that position. What me and my husband speak about is none of your business and I mean none of it, alright. If you wanna introduce yourself properly that wasn't the right way to start it and you knew that. It's okay though I'll let you start again." Kacey smiles, folding her arms across her chest.

Dakota stared at Kacey for a few seconds wondering why she was trying to put up a front but they were in her place of business and she had to be professional. Dakota was in a place where she didn't need any drama in her life. She slipped up and asked Kacey about Montana because he seemed upset on his way out but of course she didn't say anything to him.

"You're absolutely right and I'm sorry." Dakota apologized. "I'm Dakota Wilson and I wanted to thank you for hiring me."

"You're welcome but don't thank me, thank Cassandra. If it weren't for her, I wouldn't have done it." Kacey remarked. She wasn't trying to be petty, she wanted Dakota to know that Cassandra did her the favor. Kacey looked down at the pile behind her and turned back to Dakota. "To start you off for today you can stock these clothes on the correct racks of clothing. Your coworker Leanna over there,"Kacey pointed to an average height Asian girl she hired a few months ago. "Will get you started."

Dakota nodded her head and turned around to walk away from Kacey.

*****

Kapri used his key to open the door to Montana and Kaceys house as Kori stood behind him holding Kaija with Major right next to her eating his chocolate ice cream. They had just got back from cold stone since Major had been fussing over it for the past hour. Kori loved kids and talked Kapri into taking them since he wasn't stunting Majors tantrums.

Kori walked with the kids to the kitchen so they could eat the ice cream there so their wouldn't have been any spills. Of course those rules didn't apply to Major since he disobeyed them and went to his room.

"She is too cute, babe."

Kori gushed over Kaija as she sat down on one of the stools in the kitchen with the baby in her lap. She loved kids and since she got to the house she couldn't put her niece down. She could definitely see the resemblance between Kacey and Kaija. She did have some of Montana's features but she for sure looked like her mother.

"You say that now till she start crying." Kapri said as he walked into the kitchen, eating some of his ice cream.

"I know it's like three months until the baby comes but do you think you're prepared?" Kori asked as she fed some of her ice cream to the baby. She knew it was only a few months left until Alyssa gave birth to their son.

"Yeah." Kapri shrugged his shoulders as he leaned against the fridge. "It ain't like I'm new to this baby shit. I'm just ready for my son to finally get here."

Kori nodded her head feeling her heart flutter. It was adorable to see how happy he was about the baby and she could tell he was definitely anxious for the baby to arrive.

"Have you guys picked out a name yet?"

"Nah we ain't really-well I ain't really been thinking right now but Alyssa made a few suggestions , why?" He walked over to her and took a seat on the stool next to her. "You got some in mind for us?" He smirked, placing his ice cream on the counter.

"No." She answered, looking at him weirdly. Why would she have any names in mind?

"Aight then, the way you was sounding was as if you had a few choices for us." He chuckled. "You been real chatty about this baby an shit for the past month..."

"Would you not want me to be? I just wanna know updates about the baby."

"Aight, my love, if you say so." He shrugged her off not in the mood to argue since that's where it seemed the conversation was heading.

Kori could feel her heart flutter at the sudden name call. She turned her body to face him and he looked up at her. She held the baby in one hand and used her other to grab his face pecking them. "I love when you call me that." She said in between peck's.

"Yeah? Well maybe I should start calling you it more to get other things outta' you too."

"Well if you say it at the right time maybe it'll work." She winked at him before looking down at the baby to see that she was asleep. That explained the quietness coming from her. Kori excused herself as she went to put the baby down to sleep upstairs. She checked on major after to make sure he wasn't doing anything that would get him in trouble.

"So..." Kori said, sneaking up behind Kapri wrapping her arms around his neck to kiss it. "I've been meaning to ask you if Alyssa was thinking about moving from upstate to somewhere closer down here?" She asked with her arms still around his neck, waiting for a response.

"I'm not sure, yet." He sent a quick text message to his mother before he focused back on Kori. "Why?" He knew that was the plan for Alyssa to move back down when the baby was born before, but he wasn't sure about what Alyssa was going to do.

"I wanted to know because if she was...I wanted to take her apartment or house hunting. I saw a few places downtown that were for rent and wanted to help her out. So I wanted you to ask her for me." Kapri took her arms from around his neck and turned his chair around to look at her. "What!" She was confused on why he was looking at her funny.

"Is that really why you wanted to know or was there a catch?"

Kori furrowed her eyebrows, "Babe, what are you talking about? What catch?" He was beginning to throw her off and she was genuinely confused.

"You text me the other day about how we barely get to see each other now cause I been busy and now you wanna know when Alyssa moving back down here."

"Okay and what do the two have to do with each other? Are you tryna imply that I'm saying this because upstate is further from here and that's taking up all your time and you're always too tired to see me?" She squinted her eyes looking at him.

"I ain't say all that you did, so I guess I got the answer to my question."

"Kapri that really upsets me when you try to paint the narrative that I'm jealous of you and her's relationship. Like I know you like to joke about it but, you're not joking right now and it pisses me off." Kori folded her arms across her chest, speaking her mind. She always kept her thoughts to herself when it came to him but this was a moment she needed to set the record straight. "She's the mother of your child and I wanted to actually do something with her because I don't want her to feel like there is any beef when I just want us to be cordial."

"So yall ain't cordial right now?"

"You know what I mean, Kapri. I know she doesn't like me for whatever reason but I'm going to be around the baby and I just don't want any bad blood between us." Kori didn't want Alyssa to think she was jealous of her because she was carrying his child and he spent a lot of time with her and her daughter.

She knew Alyssa was there before her and he grew up with her, so she was like family. She had time to think over the past week and came to mind that she was acting jealous over him having dinner with Alyssa instead of spending time with her. Kori was insecure in the past due to her failing relationships and she wanted to better herself. She knew she was in a better place and that Kapri definitely wasn't like any of the guys she ever dated.

"She told you she ain't like you or you just assuming this." Kapri inquired with his fist under his chin as if he was thinking.

Kori gently pushed his shoulder, "Alright, be an asshole all you want." She rolled her eyes, wrapping her arms around herself.

"You know im just fuckin' with you, baby."Kapri said, chuckling. He placed his hands on her waist, pulling her closer to him. "I'll ask her bout it cause I know you can talk yo ass off and a nigga don't wanna be hearing your mouth bout this all day."

Kori cheesed as she dropped her hands. "Great. I love that response."

"Speaking of love..." He said, making Kori's ears perk like a dog. They had been together for almost seven months and neither of them had said the three letter word to each other. It was definitely expected of them not too since their relationship was just getting started, but you know love never had a time limit. There were times that Kori felt she did love Kapri but she would never say it. She didn't want to make him uncomfortable since she was the first girl he had been with since his ex girlfriend died. "I got something I wanna give you. Wait right here." He got up from the chair, exiting the kitchen.

Kori stood there with her heart pounding out of her chest. She didn't know what he was gonna give her, it could be anything. Kori could hear the front door closing as she folded her arms across her stomach.

Kapri appeared back in the kitchen with a box in his hand. Kori couldn't help but grin as she looked at him in front of her. She stood straight, staring into his brown orbs. "What is it?" She asked curious to what he was covering up in his large hands.

He opened his hands revealing a red box. Kori stood there wondering what it was. She knew it definitely wasn't an engagement ring...maybe some diamond earrings.

Kapri held the box out and Kori took it, she wasted no time opening the box that she read off as Cartier. She looked at the diamond ring in the box and smiled. It was a promise ring.

Kapri chuckled, showing off his beautiful smile peeking from his lips. "You already kno' I got mad love for you and how much I care bout you. I got this for you to let you know I appreciate you and that I am devoted to our relationship." He made eye contact with her meaning every word.

Kori was feeling butterflies. She walked up to him, wrapping her arms around his torso before kissing him. He kissed her back, placing both his hands at the side of her face. Kori pecked his lips a few times before she pulled back.

"I love it. Nobody has ever given me a promise ring before. Thank you."

Kapri nodded his head and Kori took the ring out the box, placing it on her ring finger. "I gotta go tell Kacey about this."

Kapri chuckled as Kori ran out the kitchen. His smile faded as he took a seat at the island getting lost in his thoughts again.

****

"I can't eat the peanut butter, I'll throw it up." Alyssa said to her grandmother who asked if she wanted a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. She was busy wiping down the dining room table since she didn't want to sit around the house all day. Mia had just fell asleep, so she couldn't wake her up even though that was the person who kept her entertained.

Once she finished with the dining table she sighed taking a seat. She rubbed over her growing belly as she could feel the baby kicking. She couldn't wait for her son to be born. She had been looking online for apartments in the city but she hadn't came across anything of her liking. When the baby arrived she was gonna get her shit together and finish her classes online so that she was able to get her degree in marketing.

Her phone rung and instead of asking her grandmother to get it she stood up, walking over to the kitchen counter, grabbing it. She looked at the caller ID and accepted the call. "Hello my sons father." She answered the phone jokingly receiving a chuckle out of herself.

"This is actually, Kori..."

"Kori?" Alyssa repeated as she squinted her eyes. "Why are you calling me from Kapri's phone?" Alyssa said and Joyce looked over at her with curious eyes.

"Why is she calling you?" Joyce whispered to her granddaughter being nosy as Alyssa waved her off.

Kori cleared her throat before she spoke. "I wanted to talk to you about something."

"What could you possibly want to speak to me about?" Alyssa questioned. She hoped it wasn't her questioning anything about Kapri.

"Um, well I did hear from him that you were looking for places down here you know after the baby and I was wondering if I could take you apartment shopping...?" There's a long pause as Alyssa took in what Kori had just said. Why did she want to take her apartment shopping and who told Kapri to tell his girlfriend any of her business that didn't include her.

"Why would you wanna do that? We don't know each other from a hole in the wall."

"Exactly! So why not get to by doing something that's beneficial to you."

Alyssa didn't know if she comfortable with that idea at all. She figured Kori was only doing this so she would know where they stood and honestly Alyssa thought they didn't even need to be cool like that. She had no problem with Kori being around her son figuring she was Kapri's girlfriend for now. The only thing that threw Alyssa off was the whole baby shower thing.

"Hello." Kori said not sure if the call disconnected or not. Silence took over the phone and she took it from her ear to look at it before placing it back to her ear.

"I'm here."

"So, what do you say?"

"To be very honest with you...I wouldn't be comfortable with that." Those words made Kori's heart drop to her ass. "I know that you're tryna be nice for whatever reason but you don't have to do all this to make Kapri happy or whoever you're tryna make happy-"

"That's not what this case is." Kori cut her off not meaning too. "This is coming out of the kindness of my heart. I have a friend who owns an apartment complex and there's about two apartments for rent at the moment. I'm just trying to help."

"With all due respect I don't need your help and like I was trying to say before I have absolutely no issue with you. I'm allowing you to be around my son and that's enough for me. We're cordial but as far as being friends or whatever you wanna call it, I don't think so."

"Okay, Alyssa. If that's how you feel."

"Yeah it is how I feel."

Kori chuckled on the other end wanting to say something she had been wanting to get off her chest. Fuck it. "It sounds as if you have some sort of animosity towards me, like I stole a boyfriend of your's in high school or mouthed off bad about you to someone. If you have something that you wanna get off your chest please say it."

"Maybe it sounds that way because one minute you're mad at Kapri for having dinner with me and then you're upset about a baby shower that isn't even about you because of how you'll look to everyone and now you wanna take me shopping when it sounded like you have some sort of animosity towards me?" Of course she didn't know for sure if Kori was mad about dinner since Kapri didn't tell her or she didn't ask but right after he mentioned it and took her off speaker he was in a rush to leave. That let off strike one on Kori.

"What?" Kori chuckled. "I definitely have no animosity towards you. You think if I did I would be calling you from his phone to hang out?" Kori questioned slightly annoyed. "I would never have anything against you because I don't even know you. And the whole dinner thing I was never mad at you, the whole thing was on Kapri. I felt at the time it was very inappropriate but I guess I misunderstood the situation and I dropped it a long time ago."

"What about the baby shower?"

"I was going through a lot of different emotions but that's over now and I'm not bothered by the baby shower. To you I'm obviously a nobody so even if I said anything about the shower you wouldn't of cared anyway and did your own thing. I already talked to Kapri about that and that's all that matters." Kori didn't even know why she was explaining herself to Alyssa as if she needed to know her personal issues. She didn't even know why Alyssa was bringing up old stuff when Kori herself was past all that. She didn't even know why Kapri would tell her about the baby shower conversation when it was just between them two.

"You should've never said anything about the baby shower in the first place because it has nothing to do with you and if you have a problem with it don't come."

The topic about the baby shower left another bad taste off in her mouth about Kori. Why would there not be a baby shower when it's Kapri's first baby? She could sense the insecurities coming of Kori because her and Kapri were having a moment together to celebrate the life they were bringing into the world.

"I literally just said I am not bothered by it and it was definitely a foolish thing to question seeing it is Kapri's first child."

"You know it's whatever, Kori. I'm done with this conversation."

"Alright, have a nice day. I hope everything's good with the baby."

"Everything is great with him. Thanks, Goodbye." Alyssa hung up the phone. She looked up to see her grandmother staring her down with her arms out. "You're so nosy, grams." Alyssa chuckled.

"I started listening once I heard you say why the girl was answering Kapri's phone. You were very uptight. I mean I could hear why, but it seems the girl is very apologetic. It's nice she wants to hang with you. You don't think so."

"No, I don't. I let her help get me a place just so she can throw it back in my face. No, thank you. I'll keep looking online or I'll get Montana to pull some strings for me." Alyssa said, shrugging her shoulders. She thought back to the conversation with Kori and felt how she was being nice to Kori. She had no reason to be rude but she was gonna keep it real with the girl. "You really think I was being uptight?"

"Just a tad bit, honey. But, you're pregnant and going through a lot of different emotions so I don't blame you."

"I'm not going through any emotions." She objected. "I said what I said and I meant it. For some reason she is trying to put on this act as if she is this nice person and I don't get it. I'm surprised Kapri even went for a girl like her. She is definitely the complete opposite from Tweety."

"Who's Tweety? And I hope that ain't her real name."

"No, grandma. Tweety is Tiara, I'm talking bout Tiara."

"Who is Tiara?" Joyce asked again, still confused.

"Kacey's best friend, the one who passed away."

"Oh, okay." Joyce said now remembering the name. She didn't know too much about her since she wasn't a relative. She did hear about her passing from Montana and it was such a tragedy to hear about. "So, were, Tweety and Kapri in a relationship when she passed?"

"No, I believe they had been broken up." Alyssa said, not for sure knowing the answer to the question. Alyssa had been around Tweety a few times since she was often around Kacey. "Anyway," Alyssa said dismissing the topic. "I just don't like how she's trying to play this nice chick. It's annoying."

"Or maybe she's actually nice. Everyone is not so uptight like you, Alyssa." Joyce said trying to remind her granddaughter that their were nice people in the world. Alyssa was definitely uptight, she even gave Kacey a hard time when they first met.

Alyssa rolled her eyes, "I'm not uptight. I just know that people aren't genuine."

"Well she doesn't have to be genuine to you. She's actually trying to be your friend. Give her a break."

****

Once Kacey went on for her lunch break she tracked Montana down and found him linked to the only place she knew he would've been, the studio. She knew he was probably still upset with her but she could careless. She called him outside to her and offered him something she knew he wouldn't turn down...sex. It wasn't like Kacey to ever have sex in a public place let alone a car but her horn level was on a thousand.

Kacey had rose her dress up as she settled on top of Montana, slowly rotating her hips. She pressed her lips against Montana's as he placed his large hands on her waist. She pulled away from the kiss before she bounced up and down feeling the ecstasy take over.

Montana watched Kacey's beautiful face as she managed to ride him. She threw her head back as she held onto his broad shoulders for support. She laid her head on his chest as he squeezed her asscheeks and began slowly stroking her.

"Yes.." Kacey's voice vibrates in his ear as she matched his rhythm. She could feel the sweat trickling down her forehead as she continued to ride him.

Kacey whimpered letting him know she was close to her peak as she continued pounding in and out her her. Kacey bit down on her lip from screaming out his name because she didn't want people outside to hear them. His dick was like crack and she couldn't get enough of it.

Montana sucked on Kacey's neck as she came for the second time that day. Montana shortly after released himself inside of her. Kacey laid there with her head buried in the crook of his neck as she tried to catch her breath.

"I gotta get back in there."

Kacey kissed his neck wrapping her arm around it. "Already." She said as if she wasn't on a time schedule herself.

"They waiting for me, I told them five minutes and it's been half an hour."

Kacey picked her head up from his shoulder, looking at him. "What they gone do beat you if you wasn't back in five minutes?" She chuckled not receiving one out of him.

"Come on." He tapped her butt as she sucked her teeth, moving over to the drivers seat. She pulled her dress down before looking at her hair in her car mirror.

"Can you take Major over to Ryan's for me and I'll pick him up after school tomorrow?"

"You letting him spend a night there on a school day?" He questioned, wiping himself down before stuffing his penis back in his briefs.

"Yeah, it's Ryan's birthday and I promised Major I'd let him spend the night." She watched Montana frown his face. She didn't know why he was making such a big deal. "I don't even understand why you still come to the studio when you have one at the house. Your sessions won't stop just because you have to drive a totally of an hour to the house and there and then after I just put it on you and you gonna try to tell me no. Tuh." She knew she could've asked Kori to do it but she had just put the baby to sleep and waking her would be chaotic.

"You gonna pick him up after school."

Kacey nodded, "Yes I will."

"Aight, after that I got something to do so I might be home alil' later."

"Later? As in five o'clock in the morning later or midnight later?"

"I don't have a time..."

"We're gonna be kid free until tomorrow afternoon and you wanna take up half that time to do something?" She squinted her eyes. Major was going with Ryan and Kori was gonna take the baby to Athenas since she had been wanting to see her for a while. It would of been just them two home which was very rare in their household.

"I got some business to handle." He said and Kacey stared at him blankly, waiting to hear the business that he had to take care of. She and him had a lot of free time and she wanted to fuck from the bedroom to the kitchen but he was ruining her fun. "When you leaving out the house I don't question you where you going so I ain't finna tell you what business I gotta tend to." He chuckled, fixing the Rolex watch on his wrist.

"...That's because I leave at seven o'clock in the morning for work. What else would I be doing?"

"You really gonna make a big deal out of this?"

"No, I'm not, actually." She said. "But when you wanna have sex with me I won't be in the mood so make sure you have those hands energized."

"You not gonna be in the mood?" He smirked. "You always in the mood, girl. Always in the mood for someone who don't want no more kids."

"And don't!" She turned her body to face him. "I'm on the shot now so I can have all the sex I want."

"Why don't you go do something productive? Go check on yo moms and make sure she straight." He threw out a suggestion as if she didn't speak to her mother whenever she could.

"My mom is straight and besides she's watching Kaija until tomorrow. She had been wanting to see her... I also wanted to talk about something but I'm not sure when it's the right time to bring it up."

He turned his head to look at her. "You already been wasting all my time. What you got to tell me?"

"We had this conversation months ago and you weren't down for it but I think it's a good idea and I really want to do it—"

"Kacey get to the point."

"What I'm saying is I want to move out of here."

"Alright, you saying that as if you can't. Look up some houses online." He said acting oblivious to what she was talking about.

"Montana, I'm serious." She pushed his shoulder, rolling her eyes. "I let the conversation go that one time and it's been a year. I want to get out of New York. I've always wanted to leave. I want a new scenery and I never planned on staying until I met you." She explained as she looked at the expression on her husband's face. "People get wealthy and move out of their hometown, not stay."

"Aight, where you wanna go?"

"I'm not sure, maybe Miami or New Jersey?"

"You wanna leave and you don't know where you wanna go?"

"I literally just said Miami or New Jersey." She snapped her neck at him.

"What about yo moms? The only family you got." He commented.

"What about my mom?" Kacey scrunched her face up. "She could move too or she can stay here. You act like I need my mothers permission to leave." At one point Kacey didn't care where her mom was, she just wanted to get away. "I'm my own person and she's her own. I think we should start fresh."

"What if that ain't what I wanna do?"

"Oh my gosh!" Kacey exclaimed, rolling her eyes. Montana never wanted to agree with her on anything. She wasn't trying to argue with him at the moment or at all but this was something that she wanted to do and wanted him to be on board. "You don't ever want to do anything I want to do. There's nothing here for you. There's nothing here for us."

Montana leaned over and kissed Kacey's forehead and said, "If you wanna move Kacey go ahead, aight. I'm not trynna argue with you."

"I'm not trying to argue with you either, I'm just tryna come to an agreement but you want to dismiss the conversation." She told him fighting the urge to mutter like always. She didn't see what they were doing as arguing. They were simply having a normal conversation.

Montana sighed and leaned back in his seat, tossing his head back. Kacey recognized his sigh and knew he was irritated with her. Montana grew up in Harlem and even though their were good and bad days, New York was all he knew, he wasn't ready to get up and move.

Kacey watched as he closed his eyes and they sat in silence for a few seconds. Kacey smirked and leaned over kissing his jaw. She grabbed his face and kissed down his jaw to his neck. Her noise filled with his cologne scent that she loved as she moved her hand down his shirt to his pants. "Please." She smirked sucking on his neck.

"Stop." Montana said as Kacey continued to move her hand into his pants, continuing to suck on his neck. "Yo, I said stop." He grabbed her hand, making her pull her head back looking at him. Montana turned his head making eye contact with Kacey and said, "I hate when you do that shit. Sex ain't gone make me change my mind. That shit ain't cute."

Kacey pulled her hand out of his pants stunned by his words, It actually did hurt her feelings. Here she was trying to seduce her husband with sex into agreeing to move to another state other than New York. She was annoyed with the way he wasn't trying to agree to it and now she was embarrassed that he was talking to her as if all she did was give her body away to him in order for him to do something for her.

"Mhm." She leaned back in the chair, folding her arms across her breast. "Well I guess you can get back to your session." She said.

"I'll check with you later." He said as he got out of the car. He knew he had hurt her feelings but it was too late to take back what he said.

"Whatever." She waited until she heard the
car door close before she pulled off.

*****

Kacey sat in the living room on the couch as she stared blankly at the television screen. The classic movie Paid In Full played loudly as she sat there. She was too busy lost in her thoughts to even watch the movie.

"Oooh I love this part." Cassandra said as she came back to the living room with a bowl of popcorn in her hands. It was the part with Keisha and Ace out on a date. After she and Kacey closed up the boutique she suggested they have a movie night together since she knew Kacey would be home by herself and she didn't have nothing to do herself. She had been busy with her personal life that they hadn't hung out as much. She noticed since they got home that Kacey was zoned out.

"Kacey." Cassandra nudged her shoulder as she snapped out of her thoughts. She looked at Cassandra to see her offering some of the popcorn. Kacey declined, turning her head back to the movie. "Kacey stop stressing yourself out." Cassandra said, already knowing why she was so quiet. On their way to the house Kacey vented to her about the conversation with Montana. Ever since she had been acting like her dog died.

"I just don't get it." Kacey shook her head. "Every time I ask this man for something he never wants to do it. But when he wants me to do something for him, I gotta stop all my shit for him. It's so fucking sad to the point I think I gotta try to convince him with sex!"

Cassandra turned her body in the couch to face Kacey. It was obvious she still needed to vent and of course Cassandra was going to listen like any good friend.

"I'm trying to reason with him but he thinks everything is an argument. I just want him to hear what I'm saying and think about it. He told me last year that he didn't want to move and I let the whole thing go for him. Now I'm ready to move. The thing is we can have a place down here and in Miami or Jersey. It's a win win situation. I just know he isn't gonna change his mind. This man said if I wanted to go to go ahead like what the fuck is that. This is not how I imagined marriage. This shit ain't easy."

"Don't say it like that." Cassandra caressed Kacey's arm. The way she said it was like she felt defeated with the relationship. "I'm sure y'all will come to an agreement. At first I was against it but you said you'll be back and forth with New York and where ever else. You know that man loves you, he'll do anything to make you happy."

Kacey chuckled, "Did he tell you that? Because I don't feel happy at all right now. And you know what if he wants to not go then he can stay right down here."

"Just talk to him just don't do what I think you are. I heard you speaking out loud to yourself the other day."

"I'm not, alright."

Cassandra nodded, taking her word on it. Looking down she popped a popcorn in her mouth. She realized it was a little cold and got up to warm it up. While she did that Kacey watched some of her Instagram friends stories. She didn't usually watch stories but she got tired of scrolling.

She sat up when one story ended and went over to another person's story when she noticed Montana holding a mic in his hand as he wrapped into the phone. She looked up at the username realizing it was a girl's user that read off Angeliquereneee. She clicked on the girls page not remembering the face and realized she followed the girl because she liked the bikini's she made.

She clicked off the page and went back to looking at the girls story. So this is the business he had to handle. She thought to herself. She didn't even know he had any kind of hosting. She would've went if he would've told her but it was obvious he didn't want her there.

After she watched the girls story she closed her phone and turned her attention back to the television.

Later that night Kacey decided to spend the night at Cassandra's. She had to drop her back home and since she knew she would be home by herself she didn't want to be alone so she crashed at Cassandra's. They could've crashed at her house but Cassandra had somewhere to be early in the morning.

That night Montana arrived home around six in the morning. He had got drunk at his hosting and slept over at Kapri's and made him drop him home in the morning. He was aggravated since he had been texting Kacey but she hadn't been responding, he finally figured either she overslept or she just didn't want to talk to him.

Walking inside the house he didn't bother calling out for Kacey since he didn't see her car outside. Montana got himself together and took a shower before getting out to moisture his body. He only wore sweatpants and a pair of white long socks with no shirt.

He walked out the bathroom with a towel over his head as he dried his wet hair. Over the past months it had been grow healthier.

Montana squinted his eye when he noticed something small on their bed. He walked over to the bed and picked up the object.

Kacey's ring.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

272K 14.2K 42
πš‚πšŽπššπšžπšŽπš• πšπš˜πš› "𝙰𝙢𝙰𝙸𝙽." - Follow Zavon and Jaelyn on their engaged life journey as they most likely settle for fame. **Please read "AGAIN"...
1.1K 32 19
How did I get myself into this mess? How did I fall so deeply for my professor? Book one: The Teacher's Affair Book two: Family, Love, and Happines...
15.4K 679 51
A year after Jordan and Giselle get married, events that took place during a couple's trip to New Orleans threaten the dynamic of this once close gr...
57.8K 2.4K 50
Alone book 2. More so focused on Joy rather than Amir and kalanie. Just a heads up but enjoy β™₯️