Chasing The Keeper

By thyroids

This is an overall very light hearted fanfic with an enemies to lovers plot. VERY MUCH SLOWBURN!!! Enjoy your... More

Prologue
Introduction
Quidditch
Practice
Oh No
Fucking Flint
A Sour Date
Christmas
The Slimy Slytherin
Deathbed
End of the Year
Tall, Dark, and Handsome
A Correspondence
First Day of Sixth Year
Lockhart
Amortentia
Winner Takes The Date
Lori's Big Idea
Hogsmeade Date
Rumours and Planning
Duelling Club
I❤️Vinny
Mistletoe
Gift Exchange
Anything From The Trolley Dears?
Harsh Practice and Panic
Slytherin Defeat
Lovepotion Frenzy
Valentine's Day
Cancelled Match
Happy Ending to a Disastrous Year
Intern Assistant
Cold Ride
A Beater With Elegance
Drunk Confessions
Halloween
Dementors
Adrenaline Pumping
Ends and New Beginnings
A Very Merry Christmas Morning
Preparations
Slytherin and Our Narrow Escape
The Quidditch Final
Too Many Snapes
Coming To A Close
Epilogue

Nose in The Books

1K 34 14
By thyroids

Not going to quidditch practices felt quite weird. Practices were replaced by hours spent in the library trying to memorize textbooks front to back. As June approached, the days became cloudless and sultry, and all anybody felt like doing was strolling onto the grounds and flopping down on the grass with several pints of iced pumpkin juice, perhaps playing a casual game of Gobstones or watching the giant squid propel itself dreamily across the surface of the lake.

But we couldn't.

Exams were nearly upon us, and instead of lazing around outside, students were forced to remain inside the castle, trying to bully their brains into concentrating while enticing wafts of summer air drifted in through the windows.

Oliver was still elated about his cup, and despite his best efforts not to rub it in too much he still did. Not that it mattered to me. Seeing his face light up when talking about his victory made it worth it.

I looked over my exam schedule and sighed.

Monday;

Breakfast

Transfigurations N.E.W.T -- 9 o' clock

Lunch

Astronomy N.E.W.T -- 1 o' clock

Potions N.E.W.T -- 4 o' clock

Astronomy N.E.W.T -- 9 o' clock

"Holy shit, four in a day?" June's eyes widened so much they looked to be the size of dinner plates, "I only have two!"

"Zat eez because you onlee qualify for two," Liane remarked not taking her eyes off her transfigurations book.

"Ouch," June clutched her heart and fell back in her chair.

"She's not wrong," Sarah booped June on the nose playfully, "Everyone else is taking four N.E.W.T's."

"Oh well," June shrugged, "Just means I'll have to only fail two exams instead of four."

"Can't argue with that logic," Lori snorted.

"You should really take your studies more seriously." Sarah crossed her arms,  "What if writing doesn't work out for you?"

"What are you planning to be when you're out of Hogwarts?" June asked Sarah nonchalantly.

"A healer."

"So then you would have enough for the both of us." June closed her eyes and put her feet on the small coffee table in the Ravenclaw common room.

"Alright guys, so what's the plan for Monday?" Lori whispered.

"We've got the potions all ready," I said, "How would we administer it?"

"One drop would have someone turn into Snape for only one minute or so." Sarah said, "Pumpkin juice would dilute the polyjuice and render it ineffective. I say we put a drop on the spoons."

"Zat eez a good plan," Liane agreed, "Let's ingest it ourselves as well."

"That's brilliant," June exclaimed and went back to whispering after Liane shot her a dirty look, "That way they wouldn't suspect us."

"We better not get caught," Sarah said sternly.

"Ah rest easy sweetheart," yawned June, "If anything happens I'll take all the blame."

"But," Sarah began to protest.

"I'm not going to pass Hogwarts anyway, what is it to me if I get expelled or not."

June looked bored with the conversation already, and Sarah shot her a stern look.

"June this isn't something to joke about." She pursed her lips.

"Oh come on, you know it's true." June groaned.

Sarah continued to stare at her blankly.

"You can't be mad at me if I do this."

June got on her knees and mustered up puppy dog eyes that could compare to that of an actual dog begging for something. This tactic obviously worked because Sarah began to chuckle.

"You're hopeless, June."

"Hopelessly in love with you is more like it." June grinned cheekily as Sarah rolled her eyes.

Liane, Lori, and I giggled.

"On a lighter note," I changed the subject, "What are your plans for the celestial ball?"

"Zat eez right!" Liane clapped her hands together, "I'm going dress shopping zis weekend."

"I'm going with Miss Head girl." June wrapped an arm around Sarah.

"Well, that makes the three of us dateless." Lori snickered, "How does becoming a throuple for the night sound?"

"Perfect!" Exclaimed Liane.

Truth is, I desperately wanted Oliver to ask me. I knew it wasn't possible. He couldn't possibly harbour any feelings for me. I didn't even know how it was possible I could like that annoying and arrogant bastard.

"Y/n, you ok?" Lori asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Wait, don't tell me someone already asked you?" June smirked.

"No no," I smiled sadly, "Unfortunately not."

"You WANT someone to ask you?" Sarah raised her eyebrows.

"More or less." I blushed.

"Y/n 'as a crush?" Liane covered her mouth, which was now comically shaped like an 'o'.

"It's Oliver," I whispered.

"Oliver as in that nerdy guy from Hufflepuff?" June raised her eyebrows. "Are your standards really that low?"

"No, I'm talking about Wood."

The friend group went silent as they all looked at me.

"You're telling me I listened to you complain for nearly a decade about this boy, and now you like him?!" June exclaimed, "No bloody way."

I bashfully looked away.

"If you like him, ask him to the Celestial ball yourself," Sarah said thoughtfully, "I mean it's fairly obvious he's head over heels for you."

"No, he's not." I shook my head, "I've known him for so long and he's definitely not interested."

A funny notion, Oliver being interested in me. He couldn't be. He's like me, too preoccupied with quidditch to really bother himself with anything such as love. Maybe a fling here or there, but never something serious. Just like me.

"Stone" We turned at the sound of Flitwick's voice, "Frank, you too, you need to come with me."

Sarah and I looked at each other nervously.

"You're not in trouble," Flitwick assured us, "It's about the ball."

~~~~

I found myself sitting in a room with all the prefects and head girls in their 7th year, and all the other quidditch captains. The room wasn't too large, and nicely furnished. All of us were seated on antique-looking couches, and a great big chandelier hung off the ceiling. In the center was a coffee table, and at its head sat McGonnagal, and behind her stood the other head of house professors.

"Hogwarts prides itself upon tradition," McGonnagal cleared her throat, "And this ball is no exception. You are all leaders of this school, and the other students look up to you all a great deal. This is an honour not many students get to claim. For the last few centuries, we like to reward the honest work of people like you,"

Oliver and I exchanged glances and looked at Marcus Flint.

"We do this by shining the spotlight on you via first dance," She carried on, "All of you must find a date to the ball to perform the first dance of the night. I know some of you were planning to simply go with friends, but please find yourselves, someone, to take with you at least for the dance."

~~~~

"Aye Stone," Oliver caught up to me as I exited the room with Sarah, "You don't have a date to the ball, yeah?"

"What's it to you," I rolled my eyes.

"Neither do I," Oliver continued, undeterred.

"No surprise there," I snickered, and Oliver slapped his hands to his heart.

Sarah walked ahead of us.

"How about we go together then," Oliver grinned.

"And what if I say no?" I crossed my arms

"You won't," Oliver said matter of factly, "Unless of course you still want Flint-kins to take you."

"And what if I do?"

"But you don't," Oliver grinned harder.

"You're right, I don't, and I'm not too keen on you either," I paused, "However, with only a week until the ball I don't really have another choice, do I?"

"If you're worried about me being clumsy, I'm actually as elegant as a feather!" Oliver exclaimed and begain jumping up and down immitating some twisted form of ballet.

On one of his jumps, i hastily manifested my wand and whispered "Levicorpus."

Oliver took a little time registering the fact that he was suspended in mid air, and when he did he began flailing his arms wildly. This resulted in him falling flat on his face, despite me trying to gently lower him. To my luck, he landed right in front of McGogagall's feet.

"Excellent display of knowledge learned in class," She supressed a smile, "Five points from Ravenclaw."

She walked away, Oliver still on all fours sticking out his tongue at me after she turned her back to us.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 34.7K 78
"Jeez Caddell, do you always wear that much perfume?" Oliver asked, smirking. I turned around to glare at him. "Was it not your brilliant idea to avo...
44.9K 1.5K 44
The yearly Hogwarts Quidditch trophy is a legacy handed from Quidditch Captain to Quidditch Captain. Only the best teams achieve winning this price...
359K 7.5K 23
This is my first story!! This is based in your 6th year at Hogwarts where you and Draco are dating. But we all know the 6th year wasn't the best year...
6.2K 106 25
this story is an Oliver Wood x reader fan fiction. English is not my first language so if there are any mistakes in de story please comment so I can...