Soft Whispers - Fred Weasley...

By uglydiaries

𝐃𝐎𝐍'𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐒𝐄𝐄 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐃𝐎 𝐓𝐎 𝐌𝐄? 𝐈 𝐂𝐀𝐍'𝐓 𝐄𝐀𝐓, 𝐒𝐋𝐄𝐄𝐏, 𝐎𝐑 𝐁𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐃𝐘 𝐓... More

Author's note
[ Chapter 1 ]
[ Chapter 2 ]
[ Chapter 3 ]
[ Chapter 4 ]
[ Chapter 5 ]
[ Chapter 6 ]
[ Chapter 7 ]
A/N
[ Chapter 8 ]
[ Chapter 9 ]
[ Chapter 10 ]
[ Chapter 11 ]
[ Chapter 12 ]
[ Chapter 13 ]
[ Chapter 14 ]
[ Chapter 15 ]
[ Chapter 16 ]
[ Chapter 17 ]
[ Chapter 18 ]
[ Chapter 19 ]
[ Chapter 20 ]
[ Chapter 21 ]
[ Chapter 22 ]
[ Chapter 23 ]
[ Chapter 24 ]
[ Chapter 25 ]
[ Chapter 26 ]
[Chapter 27 ]
[ Chapter 28 ]
[ Chapter 29 ]
[ Chapter 30 ]
[ Chapter 31 ]
[ Chapter 32 ]
[ Chapter 33 ]
[ Chapter 34 ]
[ Chapter 35 ]
[ Chapter 36 ]
[ Chapter 37 ]
[ Chapter 38 ]
[ Chapter 39 ]
[ Chapter 40 ]
[ Chapter 41 ]
[ Chapter 42 ]
[ Chapter 43 ]
[ Chapter 44 ]
[ Chapter 45 ]
[ Chapter 46 ]
[ Chapter 47 ]
[ Chapter 48 ]
[ Chapter 49 ]
[ Chapter 50 ]
[ Chapter 51 ]
[ Chapter 52 ]
[ Chapter 53]
[ Chapter 54 ]
Surprise <3
[ Chapter 55 ]
[ Chapter 56 ]
[Chapter 58]
[ Chapter 59 ]
[ Chapter 60 ]
[ Chapter 61 ]
Author Note <3
[ Chapter 62 ]
[ Chapter 63 ]
[ Chapter 64 ]
[ Chapter 65 ]
[ Chapter 66 ]

[ Chapter 57 ]

2K 48 64
By uglydiaries

A/N: Sorry it's been so long. I've been dealing with some personal stuff, but I am back. Also this chapter is 4,000 words. Enjoy :) 

The meeting ended quickly as Dumbledore handed out the new scheduled of patrolling. (Y/n) would be spending her time teamed up with Tonks, which she liked very much.

"I'm going to start dinner," Molly announced as she walked over to the sink and started preparing the food. 

"I wish I could stay, but I must leave. Until next time," Kingsley announced getting up from his chair and heading out the door. 

"Allow me to walk you out," Remus said with a smile as he joined his friend out towards the door. Everyone seemed to me moving fast as (y/n) sat back in her chair waiting for the rest of the Weasley's to arrive- along with Harry and Hermione. She looked up as a soft hand was placed on her knee. 

"Ever going to tell me what was talked about?"

"In your dreams, Weasley."

Fred looked her up and down before smirking at her. "Actually, you're in my dreams quite a lot."

"Oh, really?" She asked. "Which entails?"

"Trust me, you don't want to know," he said leaning in and kissing the nape of her neck. 

"Dinner's ready!" Molly announced, using her wand to bring the food out onto the table. (Y/n) leaned back, hoping her hair could cover her face as it stained bright pink. 

(Y/n) cleared her throat as George took a seat on her other side. "Hey are you okay?" He asked eyeing her suspiciously. 

"Yup, never better. Wow this food looks amazing," She said, digging in her plate- ignoring the weird stares she was receiving. 

It was times like this that she able to appreciate all the different people around her. She never took them for grated, and truly cared about them as if they were her own family. Her love for Aiden and Wren were uncanny. Even though they weren't blood they were her brothers, and she would do anything for them. 

Then their was George, who is and will always be her best friend. He had been by her side since the beginning, and not only had her back but always her best interest at heart. 

Ginny, Ron, Bill, Charlie, Molly, and Arthur had always made her feel welcomed. Even Percy at times. Never leaving her out, and always making her feel included. They were the family she never thought she could have. 

Sirius was her blood, and Remus was her Godfather, both creating an unbreakable bond that would help shape how she understood the meaning of love. Harry, was that same definition. She had always felt close to him. Always trying to help him when he had no one and felt alone. Maybe because she saw herself in him. A scared kid with no family to turn to. 

Lastly their was Fred who was the love of her life, and the person she could see herself spending every day with until she no longer could breathe. Though it had been a rough patch getting to where they were now she knew she would do it all over again if it meant they would be exactly where they were at.

"Nearly time for bed, I think," Mrs Weasley said with a yawn as she looked out towards the rest of the group. 

"Not just yet Molly," Sirius said pushing away his empty plate and turning towards Harry. "You know, I'm surprised at you. I thought the first thing you'd do when you got here would be to start asking questions about Voldemort."

(Y/n) could feel the atmosphere in the room change , where seconds before it had been sleepily relaxed- everyone seemed to be on alert now. 

"I did! I asked Ron and Hermione but they said they were not allowed in the Order, so-"

"And they're quite right ," Molly said her voice becoming more stern. "You're too young."

"Since when did someone have to be in the Order of the Phoenix to ask questions?" Sirius asked. "Harry's been trapped in that muggle house for months. He's got a right to know what's been happen-"

"Hang on!" George said interrupting Sirius mid word. 

"How come Harry gets his questions answered?" Fred asked angrily. (Y/n) interlocked their fingers in hopes to calm him down. 

"We've been trying to get stuff out of you for months, when (y/n) and Wren arrived outside all cut up and bloodied, and you haven't told us a single thing!"

"You're too young to be in the Order," Fred mocked as he sent a glare to his mother. "Harry's not even of age!"

"Fred," (y/n) whispered in a harsh tone. 

"It's not my fault you haven't been told what the Order is doing," Sirius said calmly. "That's your parents decision. Harry, on the other hand-"

"It's not down to you to decide what's good for Harry!" Mrs Weasley said sharply. (y/n) shrieked in her seat as she stared at the commotion. She had never seen Molly so enraged before. "You haven't forgotten what Dumbledore said I suppose?"

"Which bit?" Sirius asked politely, but the air was so tensed a knife could cut through it.

"The bit about not telling Harry more then he needs to know."

Everyone in the room turned to face Sirius to find out what he would say next. Ginny was kneeling amid a pile of abandoned butterbeer corks, watching the conversation with her mouth slightly opened. Lupin's eyes were fixated on Sirius. 

"I don't intend to tell him more then he needs to know Molly. But as he was the one to see Voldemort come back he has more right than most to-"

"He's not a member of the Order of the Pheonix! He's only fifteen and-"

"-and he's dealt with as much as most in the Order," said Sirius leaning forward. "And more then some."

"No one's denying what he's done!" Mrs. Weasley said, her voice rising to a fist of trembes on the arm of her chair. "But he's still-"

"He's not a child!" Sirius yelled, losing his calm demeanor. 

"He's not an adult either!" Mrs. Weasley said, the color rising to her cheeks. "He's not James!"

"Hold on," (y/n) said, feeling the need to stick up for Sirius. "That's not fair Molly."

"I'm perfectly aware who he is," Sirius said, glaring at the women.

"Arthur, Arthur back he up here," Mrs. Weasley said looking out towards her husband hoping for some kind of relief. 

However Arthur only shook his head as he looked over to his wife. "Dear, Dumbledore knows the position has changed. Molly, he accepts that Harry will have to be filled in to a certain extent."

"Personally," Lupin said- finally taking his eyes away from Sirius. "I think it's better that Harry gets the facts- not all of them Molly, but the general picture- from us, rather than a garbled version from someone else."

"Well," Mrs. Weasley said looking around. "I can see I'm going to be overruled. I'll just say this: Dumbledore must have had his reasons for not wanting Harry to know too much, and speaking as someone who has his best interest at heart-"

"He's not your son," Sirius whispered quietly. 

"He's as good as," Molly said standing up from her chair. "Who else has he got?"

"He's got me!"

"Yes," Molly said, her lips curling. "The thing is, it's been rather difficult for you to look after him while you've been locked up in Azkaban hasn't it?"

"Molly," (Y/n) said shaking her head towards the argument that was about to start. "You're not the only person at this table who cares about Harry. We all do- Sirius sit down!"

(Y/n) watched Mrs. Weasley nodded her head as Sirius sank slowly back down.

"I think Harry ought to be allowed a say in this," Lupin said looking around at everyone. "He's old enough to decide for himself."

"I want to know what's been going on," Harry said, avoiding Mrs. Wealsey's glare. 

"Very well," Mrs. Weasley said, her voice crackling. "Ginny- Ron- Hermione-Fred- George- I want you out of this kitchen now."

Before (y/n) could even blink an uproar filled the kitchen. 

"We're of age!" Fred and George said at the same time. 

"If Harry's allowed, why can't I?" Ron shouted. 

"Mum, I want to!" Ginny wailed. 

"No!" Mrs Weasley shouted. "I absolutely forbid-"

"Molly, you can't stop Fred and George," Mr. Weasley said warily. "They're of age."

"They're still in school-"

"But their legal adults now," Mr. Weasley said in the same tired voice he had been using throughout the whole night. 

" I- oh alright then, Fred and George can stay, but Ron-"

"Harry tell me everything anyways," Ron said looking between Harry and his Mum. "Won't you?"

"Course I will."

"Fine," shouted Mrs. Weasley completely giving up. "Fine! Ginny you go up to bed."

(Y/n) felt bad as she watched Ginny get up from her chair loudly- stomping all the way up the stairs. She knew by the time they all went back to the room that she would hound them all with questions. 

"Okay, Harry.... what do you want to know?"

(Y/n) sat on the edge of her seat as she wondered what he would ask or what the Order would really tell him. 

"Where's Voldemort? What's he doing? I've been trying to watch the Muggle news but I couldn't find anything out of the ordinary."

"Their hasn't been much out of the ordinary. A few deaths have occurred recently but it seems as if they're lying down on the low," Sirius said. "And we do know a lot, more then he thinks we know."

"How come he's stopped killing people until now?" Harry asked. 

"It's because he doesn't want to draw too much attention to him," (Y/n) said which caused Fred to look directly at her. It was weird to finally be able to talk about the stuff she could only confined Wren in. Now she was sitting at a table with all her friends explaining what's been going on. "It would be dangerous for him. His comeback didn't come quite off the way he wanted it to, you see, he messed up."

"Or rather you messed it up for him," Wren said with a smile. 

"How?"

"You weren't suppose to survive!" Sirius said. "Nobody apart from his Death Eaters was supposed to know he'd come back. But you survived to bear witness."

"And the very last person he wanted alerted about his return the moment he got back was Dumbledore," Lupin said. "And you make sure Dumbledore knew at once."

"How has that helped?" Harry asked. 

"Are you kidding?" Aiden said incredulously. "Dumbledore was the only one Voldemort is scared of."

"Thanks to you, Dumbledore was able to recall the Order of the Phoenix about an hour after Voldemort return," Sirius said. 

"So what's the Order been doing?" Harry asked looking around the room. 

"Working hard as we can to make sure Voldemort can't carry out his plan," (y/n) said 

"How do you know what his plans are?"

"Dumbledore's got a shrewd idea," Lupin said. "And Dumbledore's shrews ideas normally turn out to be accurate."

"So what does Dumbledore reckon he's planning?"

"Well, firstly, he wants to build his army again. In the old days he had a huge number at his command; witches and wizards he bullied or bewitched into following him, his faithful Death Eaters, a great variety of dark creatures," Sirius said. "You heard him planning to recruit the giants; well they'll be just one group he's after. He certainly not going to try and take on the Ministry of Magic with a dozen Death Eaters."  

"So you're trying to stop him getting more followers?"

 "We're doing our best," said Lupin.

 "How?"

 "Well, the main thing is to try and convince as many people as possible that You-Know-Who really has returned, to put them on their guard," said Bill. "It's proving tricky, though." 

"Why?"

 "Because of the Ministry's attitude," said Tonks. "You saw Cornelius Fudge after You-Know-Who came back, Harry. Well, he hasn't shifted his position at all. He's absolutely refusing to believe it's happened." 

"But why?" said Harry desperately. "Why's he being so stupid? If Dumbledore —" 

"Ah, well, you've put your finger on the problem," said Mr. Weasley with a wry smile.

 "Dumbledore." 

"Fudge is frightened of him, you see," said Tonks sadly

."Frightened of Dumbledore?" said Harry incredulously.

 "Frightened of what he's up to," said Mr. Weasley. "You see, Fudge thinks Dumbledore's plotting to overthrow him. He thinks Dumbledore wants to be Minister of Magic." 

"But Dumbledore doesn't want —" 

"Of course he doesn't," said Mr. Weasley. "He's never wanted the Minister's job, even though a lot of people wanted him to take it when Millicent Bagnold retired. Fudge came to power instead, but he's never quite forgotten how much support Dumbledore had, even though Dumbledore never applied for the job." 

"Deep down, Fudge knows Dumbledore's much cleverer than he is, a much more powerful wizard, and in the early days of his Ministry he was forever asking Dumbledore for help and advice," said Lupin. "But it seems that he's become fond of power now, and much more confident. He loves being Minister of Magic, and he's managed to convince himself that he's the clever one and Dumbledore's simply stirring up trouble for the sake of it."

 "How can he think that?" Harry said angrily, throwing his hands up in the air. "How can he think Dumbledore would just make it all up — that I'd make it all up?" 

"Because accepting that Voldemort's back would mean trouble the Ministry hasn't had to cope with for nearly fourteen years," Sirius said bitterly. "Fudge just can't bring himself to face it. It's so much more comfortable to convince himself Dumbledore's lying to destabilize him." 

 "But you're telling people, aren't you?" said Harry, looking around. "You're letting people know he's back?"

"Tonks and Arthur would lose their jobs at the Ministry if they started shooting their mouths off," (y/n) said, "and it's very important for us to have spies inside the Ministry, because you can bet Voldemort will have them." 

"We've managed to convince a couple of people, though," said Mr.Weasley. "Tonks here, for one — she's too young to have been in the Order of the Phoenix last time, and having Aurors on our side is a huge advantage — Kingsley been a real asset too. He's in charge of the hunt for Sirius, so he's been feeding the Ministry information that Sirius is in Tibet." 

"But if none of you are putting the news out that Voldemort's back —" Harry began.

 "Who said none of us was putting the news out?" said Sirius. "Why'd you think Dumbledore's in such trouble?" 

"What d'you mean?" Harry asked.

 "They're trying to discredit him," said Lupin. "Didn't you see the Daily Prophet last week? They reported that he'd been voted out of the Chairmanship of the International Confederation of Wizards because he's getting old and losing his grip, but it's not true, he was voted out by Ministry wizards after he made a speech announcing Voldemort's return."

"What's he after apart from followers?" Harry asked swiftly. (Y/n) watched Sirius and Lupin exchange the most fleeting of looks before Sirius said, "stuff he can only get by stealth." 

Harry stared off confused continued to look puzzled before Sirius finally  said, "Like a weapon. Something he didn't have last time."

"When he was powerful before?"

"Yes."

"Like what kind of weapon?" said Harry. "Something worse than the Avada Kedavra — ?"

"That's enough."Mrs. Weasley spoke from the shadows beside the door. "I want you in bed, now. All of you," she added- looking around at Fred, George, Ron, and Hermione.

"You can't boss us —" Fred began.

"Watch me," snarled Mrs. Weasley. She was trembling slightly as she looked at Sirius. "You've given Harry plenty of information. Anymore and you might just as well induct him into the Order straight away."

"Why not?" said Harry quickly. "I'll join, I want to join, I want to fight —"

"No." Lupin said. "The Order is comprised only of overage wizards. Wizards who have left school," he added, as Fred and George opened their mouths. "There are dangers involved of which you can have no idea, any of you . . . I think Molly's right, Sirius. We've said enough."

Sirius half-shrugged but did not argue. Mrs. Weasley beckoned imperiously to her sons and Hermione. One by one they stood up and Harry, recognizing defeat, followed suit. 

"I'll see you tonight," (Y/n) whispered as Fred got up from the table. He nodded at her, gently squeezing her hand before joining the rest of the group up the stairs. 

"Well I think that went well," Wren said looking at the group in front of him. 

Mrs Weasley glared at him before standing up for the table the fourth time that night. "I think it's been a long enough night. I'm heading to bed."

"I think we all should head to bed," Lupin said rising from his seat. (y/n) nodded stretching up as she made her way up the stairs. 

"I feel like we're about to be bombarded by loads of questions from Ginny," Wren laughed as they climbed up the stairs to their rooms. 

"You might, but she won't be," Fred said coming out of the shadows. "Follow me," he said gripping her hand and pulling her further up the stairs. 

"Freddie, where are you taking me?" (y/n) laughed as he gripped her hand tighter. 

"It's a surprise. I found this room the other day, and I thought it would be perfect."

"Perfect for what?"

"You'll see," he said opening up the door and stepping aside so she could take the whole view in. 

Chandelier lights dangled from the ceiling as a blanket laid down in the middle. Pillows surround all around making it their very own cute makeshift bed. Two glasses of butterbeer an a bowl on popcorn laid on the side. 

"I found this television thing up here, and thought we could watch one of those muggle movies?" Fred said sheepish as he looked her over. "Do you like it?"

(y/n) turned gripping his hand in hers and pulling him towards her as she got on her tiptoes and smashed their lips together. Fred immediately reacted, moving his hand up her spine and bringing her in closer to him. 

Their lips melted like fine wine, and she could feel all her senses get lost in his touch. The butterflies never leaving her stomach as he lowered his lips to the nape of her neck. 

"I'll take that as a yes?" He whispered leaving small kisses on her neck, down to her collarbone. 

"What do you think?" She asked bringing her lips to meet his as she tugged on his bottom lip with her teeth until he allowed her tongue to slip inside. 

"You taste like honey. Merlin, I'm so intoxicated by you," he said pulling away slightly and gripping her waist. "Come on, we don't want to miss the movie."

(Y/n) let out a small groan as she complied and laid next to him. She leaned up giving him a small peck on the cheek before snuggling up in his arms. Fred was home, and she felt nothing but safety curled up next to him. 

"I found this movie called The Lost Boys, hopefully it's good."

"Why are they lost?" (Y//n) asked as the movie started to play. 

"Why would I know?" Fred laughed as he rested his head on hers. 

***

"You guys are going to be in big trouble if you don't wake up now."

(Y/n) groaned as a bright light filled her eyes. She tried moving to the side but realized that she was stuck. 

"Fred, move over." 

(Y/n) opened her eyes to see George smiling down at her. "Mum doing her rounds. You might want to get up before she doesn't find you in your rooms. Also, put some clothes on you animals," George said with a laugh as he walked out and closed the door. 

(Y/n) pulled the blanket up closer to her chest as she searched around for her clothes. "Come on Fred, you heard George we need to get up now."

"But I'm so comfy here next to you," he whined wrapping his arm around her bare chest. 

She shook his arm off throwing on her clothes from the night before and slipping out the door. She tried to be as quiet as possible as she made her way back into her room, opening up the door and going inside. 

"So where were you last night?"

(Y/n) put her hand over her heart as she slammed her back against the door. "What the hell Aiden?"

"Same clothes from last night, that's new." Aiden said looking her up and down. He moved off her bed and stuck his hand out handing her a single envelope. 

"My Hogwarts letter?" She asked confused, feeling the weight of it in her hand. "Why is it heavy?"

Aiden gave her a small smile. "Why don't you tell me? Now first can we discuss if you used protection or not?"

"Aiden!" (y/n) yelled, failing to hide the pink on her cheek. "I am not talking about this with you. Can we get back to the letter?"

"Okay, okay," he said putting his hands up in surrender as (y/n) turned her attention back to the letter in her hand. She pried it up slowly looking to see what the contents entailed. 

"Oh my."

"Well what is it?"

(Y/n) looked up holding the two badges in her hand. "I made Team Captain and Head Girl."

"What?" Aiden asked stepping forward and holding the golden shiny badges in his hand. "This is amazing! We got to tell everyone!"

"Wait-" (y/n) said trying to stop him but failed miserably as he pulled her into a big hug and then raced downstairs to show each badge off. 

She just shook her head as she went to her closet and changed her clothing. It was already bad enough that both George and Aiden knew what she did last night. She didn't need the whole house finding out as well. 

After finding a comfy outfit she made her way downstairs to be bombarded with hugs. "I'm so proud of you," Fred said wrapping his arms around her. 

"Just make sure to go easy on us at practice," George laughed as he patted her head. 

"You know I was prefect when I went to school but it was James who was Head Boy," Remus said with a smile. "Congratulations."

"Yeah kiddo, I know you're going to do great." Sirius said as he brought her into a side hug. 

"Thanks, I'm still trying to process it all myself," (y/n) said with a smile. 

"I can't wait to see what schedule's you've made for all of us patrolling. This is going to be so much fun." Hermione said. "I mean I will be a little nervous at first but I think we'll be fine, right Ron?"

"Ron?" (y/n) asked turning to face the boy who had been quiet the whole time. 

"Uhh, yeah I got prefect this year," he said holding up his badge.

"Wow, congratulations." (y/n) said pulling the tall lengthy boy into a hug. "I better not catch you abusing your power. Especially with the Slytherins."

"I won't," he whispered backing away to stand by Harry who had a look of defeat on his face. "Are you nervous, Harry?" He asked trying to get some of he attention off of him. (y/n) figured he felt bad that he had gotten the role of prefect over Harry.

"What's going on?" (Y/n) asked as she took a seat next to Wren. 

"My trial is today," Harry said. "To see if I'll be expelled from Hogwarts or not."

"Their no way you will be. You did nothing wrong." (y/n) said hoping to calm whatever nerves he might be feeling. 

"Let's just hope so."

"Well let's not mope around," Molly said coming inside. With a swish of her wand food appeared in front of all of them. "Let's eat."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

112K 3.1K 119
"𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐢𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐬𝐩𝐥𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬. 𝐖𝐞'𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐡 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐚�...
18.1K 506 112
(FRED WEASLEY LOVE STORY) (Y/n) Black, a beautiful girl and has a lot of secrets from her past, will she be able to over come the challenges with bei...
110K 2K 108
________________________________________ *CURRENTLY RE-WRITING* finished by- 25/05/24 (hopefully) current re-write word count- 145,249 It's always...
96.9K 2.3K 36
[FINISHED ~ april 2th 2021] WARNING: currently editing! (Chapters 1 & 2 done) "𝗪𝗼𝘄, 𝘀𝗵𝗲 𝗶𝘀... 𝗯𝗲𝗮𝘂𝘁𝗶𝗳𝘂𝗹." ...