A Side Character's Mission ↠...

By inuoyekoichi

On Han Seungeun's birthday, he received his previous' life memories and a mission; create a system for the pr... More

Before You Read
Chapter 1: A Side Character's Mission
Chapter 2: First Dungeon
Chapter 3: Welcome, Player
Chapter 4: The Fight
Chapter 5: Stop Sulking
Chapter 6: C-rank Dungeon
Chapter 7: The Awakened Boss
Chapter 8: Emergency Quest
Chapter 9: Hospital Visit
Chapter 10: Worry
Chapter 11: Pawns
Chapter 12: Progress
Chapter 13: An Unexpected Incident
Chapter 14: Safety First
Chapter 15: Job Quest
Chapter 16: Swordmanship Training
Chapter 17: Misunderstanding
Chapter 18: Enigma
Chapter 19: Red Gate
Chapter 20: Stranded
Chapter 21: the Dead of Winter
Chapter 22: Ice Elves
Chapter 23: Baruka
Chapter 24: Disaster
Chapter 25: Breaking Point
Chapter 26: Unfairness
Chapter 27: Changes
Chapter 28: Re-evaluation
Chapter 29: Torturous
Chapter 30: High Orcs
Chapter 31: Behind the Scene
Chapter 32: Kargalgan
Chapter 34: Shadow (2)
Chapter 34.1: Bad End
Chapter 35: The New S-rank Hunters
Chapter 36: The Plan
Chapter 37: Pretender
Chapter 38: Pretender (2)
Chapter 39: Pretender (3)
Chapter 40: Before the Raid
Chapter 41: Jeju Island 1
Chapter 42: Jeju Island 2
Chapter 43: Jeju Island 3
Chapter 44: The Queen's Last Roar
Chapter 45: An Unseen Threat
Chapter 46: The Ant King 1
Chapter 47: The Ant King 2
Chapter 48: Final Confrontation 1
Chapter 49: Final Confrontation 2
Chapter 50: Final Confrontation 3
Chapter 51: Final Confrontation 4
Chapter 52: Final Confrontation 5
Chapter 53: Farewell (End)
Final Words

Chapter 33: Shadow

1.3K 104 4
By inuoyekoichi

"Hunters from the monitoring division are here."

"Why are the inspectors here?"

"Something must've happened."

Woo Jin-Chul stepped out of the car and stared at the blue gate in front of him. The miners and other workers were looking at him and his subordinates curiously.

'Why did that man decide to work here as a miner? And not only for one day, but for two days. Sung Jin-Woo will soon be a renowned S-ranker. It'd be great if he was more self-aware about his actions since they may be monitored.' Jin-Chul thought.

"Ah, what caused the inspectors from the association to visit a place like this?" The mining team's leader asked.

"We heard that Sung Jin-Woo was working for the mining team here. Where is he right now?"

"That young man? Is there some sort of a problem...?"

"I knew it! He probably would've killed someone if he didn't become a hunter! When that bastard stared at me and grinned, I thought his eyes would devour me! Phew, it made my body shudder. I can still remember the feeling." A buff miner remarked. Yesterday, he was glared by Jin-Woo because he insulted Jin-Woo's rank.

"So where is Sung Jin-Woo at the moment?"

"He's... currently inside the gate. The porter didn't come to work today. There wasn't anyone to replace him, so Mr. Sung volunteered for the job. What's with everyone today?" The mining team's leader answered.

'Working as a porter after mining? What a strange fellow.' Jin-Chul thought.

"Miss Cha Hae-In was also looking for him earlier and followed him through the gate."

"Hunter Cha Hae-In as well?"

"Did he kill someone or something? He certainly looked like someone who would." The buff miner asked.

Jin-Chul pushed the sunglasses on the bridge of his nose. "You'll find out on the news tomorrow."

"See, what did I tell you guys? He's suspicious."

"He didn't seem like that kind of person..."

"Yeah, he was such a hard worker."

Jin-Chul left the miners to their thoughts and assumption as he and his four other subordinates entered the gate. As he stepped his foot into the blue gate, he was stunned.

'What?! This atrocious energy!'

"My God... I can't believe it. For a moment... I thought my body was going to rip into pieces."

"Chief... did you feel that as well? That was..."

Jin-Chul looked at the device used to measure the magical energy emitted out of the gate.

"This is?? One of the most dangerous even among the A-rank gates! The previous measurement was wrong!"

'If the attack force was formed based on the association's previous measurement, they could be in big trouble. There shouldn't be an issue with two S-rank hunters in there, but...'

"We'll go inside immediately."

Further inside the gate, Cha Hae-In stared at the corpses of High Orcs littered on the ground.

"Son Ki-Hoon's team was able to defeat this many High Orcs? How did they manage to win against this number?"

Magical energy suddenly passed through her. Her expression turned serious as she threw her cap down and tied her hair into a ponytail.

'No! If this energy is coming from the boss, no one from Son Ki-Hoon's team would be able to survive.'

.....

The floor around Jin-Woo turned black as shadows of bears, knights, and magicians formed in the air. But the number of shadow monsters he could summon wasn't as much as the High Orcs in the grand hall.

"Trying to pick a fight with my warriors with only that many soldiers." Kargalgan mocked as he leaned his cheek on his hand, his shoulder propped on the throne's armrest.

"If you look down on us too much... it'll be disastrous." Jin-Woo smiled.

[Skill: 'Domain of the Monarch' activated.]

[Shadow soldiers fighting above the caster's shadow will have their stats increased by 50%.]

'A new job-specific skill that I acquired after reaching level 70 while climbing the Demon Castle. My shadow soldiers are much stronger now than they were back then.' Jin-Woo narrowed his eyes.

"What just happened?"

"I can't believe it!"

"Even at my best, I can only summon two creatures..."

"How can such ominous energy come from a human..."

The mages uttered in surprise.

"What are you all doing? Destroy him already!" Kargalgan snapped angrily.

As per his command, the High Orcs began attacking Jin-Woo and his shadow soldiers.

[Iron has used 'skill: taunting cry'.]

[The enemy's stats was too high. The taunt has failed.]

Iron grumbled in annoyance as he swung his large axe, hitting few High Orcs simultaneously in one swing. Igris struck with his sword, slicing the High Orcs into two as he moved fast. Jin-Woo also defeated the enemies that came into his way without getting a single scratch on him.

"That...!"

"Yeah, just like our vice master..."

"Why did he hide his abilities and decide to work as a porter..."

The other hunters could only watch the fight from a distance as Jin-Woo and his shadow soldiers fought for them.

'Except for Igris, Iron and Tank, the rest of my shadows are around the level of B-rank hunters. They've already been destroyed a few times just from trying to kill one High Orc.' Jin-Woo thought. 'Since they outnumber us by at least three times, I must lower their numbers as much as possible.'

"Hymn of the fire dragon."

A loud explosion came from behind him. Jin-Woo looked at his behind abruptly.

"What?! My shadow soldiers...!"

While they were busy fighting, Kargalgan had summoned a dragon's head above him.

"Why are you acting so arrogant with useless puppets like those."

"You are the one acting arrogant. As long as I have mana, they will keep regenerating."

"Even if they can regenerate, you will be consuming your mana. Your mana will run out before you can finish off my warriors."

"You'll be dead before that." Jin-Woo leapt from the floor with two daggers in his hand, aiming for Kargalgan sitting on the throne.

"Hymn of protection."

Jin-Woo's clashed against a blue barrier protecting the boss dungeon.

"It's useless. The longer you spend wasting your time on me, the faster you'll lose your soldiers."

"I wonder." Jin-Woo hopped down and skidded on the floor. "I have a few strong guys on my side. You shouldn't be worrying about me running out of mana."

"Then I'll destroy all of you at once. Hymn of blazing fire."

More explosions occurred in the grand hall, attacking both the High Orcs and Jin-Woo's shadow soldiers.

"Inventory." Jin-Woo pulled out a blue potion from the system. "Potions are available here, so I can keep replenishing my mana. Since I don't want to fill my stomach with potions, I'll finish you off quickly. It'll be an interesting spectacle."

Jin-Woo drank the potion and then dropped the empty bottle on the floor.

'I will now show you the unwavering domain of necromancer.'

"Arise."

Shadows came out of the dead High Orcs, becoming into Jin-Woo's soldiers.

"What the...! Turning my warriors into the undead...!"

"There are still a lot of you left, but they will all soon turn into my shadows. And when I'm done..." Jin-Woo pointed at Kargalgan as he smirked. "You will too."

Kargalgan felt agitated. "Can it be......

Is he the...!

Mo...

Monarch?"

-

Author note:

Y'all... I'm so sorry for disappearing suddenly. I just lost interest in wattpad and reading fanfictions. But I'm still interested in a very good yandere plot though so you can recommend it here(lol) and I've been reading quick transmigration book on novelupdates. Um, I guess my taste change. Tbh, I never plan to discontinue this book because I've already thought about the ending. I just forgot the word 'on hold' and used 'discontinued' instead on the title. I'll change it later. Seeing that people still read my book also motivates me to continue writing because there are still people who wants to see the ending(maybe). 

But the updates will be maybe slow because I have school. And I don't think I will write 2000+ words in a single chapter anymore. So yeah. Have a good day everyone!

~ Koi

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.9K 873 8
A Sung Jin-woo x OC Three-shot! Everyone wondered why the Renowned strongest S-Rank Hunter Sung Jin-woo had started to visit the South City of Seoul...
2.1K 131 17
My name was Y/N L/N. When people still called me with that name, I was a reader. Why the past, are you asking? I'm not dead. Probably. But since I wo...
1.5K 71 6
❝𝘼𝙣𝙙 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙨𝙞𝙣𝙘𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙣, 𝙢𝙮 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙘𝙧𝙖𝙫𝙚𝙙 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨.❞ ________________________ ⋆'°⋆♪⇥✎⤵ ...
12.7K 550 28
He had an evil grin on his face, "It's only just the beginning. We will meet again and this time you will be mine." His deep and dark voice sends shi...