What I Left Behind

Por dinaAbu

She loves him and he loves her. But that is as friends of course. Blake Gray and Ethan Bradley are the clos... Mais

Prologue
What I Left Behind- Chapter 1
What I Left Behind- Chapter 2
What I Left Behind- Chapter 4
What I Left Behind- Chapter 5
What I Left Behind- Chapter 6
What I Left Behind- Chapter 7
What I Left Behind- Chapter 8
What I Left Behind- Chapter 9
What I Left Behind- Chapter 10
What I Left Behind- Chapter 11
What I Left Behind- Chapter 12
What I Left Behind- Chapter 13
What I Left Behind- Chapter 14
What I Left Behind- Chapter 15
What I Left Behind- Chapter 16
What I Left Behind- Chapter 17
What I Left Behind- Chapter 18
What I Left Behind- Chapter 19
What I Left Behind- Chapter 20
What I Left Behind- Chapter 21
What I Left Behind- Chapter 22
What I Left Behind- Chapter 23
What I Left Behind- Chapter 24
What I Left Behind- Chapter 25
What I Left Behind- Chapter 26
What I Left Behind- Chapter 27
What I Left Behind- Chapter 28
What I Left Behind- Chapter 29
What I Left Behind- Chapter 30
What I Left Behind- Chapter 31
What I Left Behind- Chapter 32
What I Left Behind- Chapter 33
What I Left Behind- Chapter 34
What I Left Behind- Chapter 35
What I Left Behind- Chapter 36
What I Left Behind- Chapter 37
What I Left Behind- Chapter 38
What I Left Behind- Chapter 39
What I Left Behind- Chapter 40
What I Left Behind- Chapter 41
What I Left Behind- Chapter 42
What I Left Behind- Chapter 43
What I Left Behind- Chapter 44
What I Left Behind- Chapter 45
What I Left Behind- Chapter 46
What I Left Behind- Chapter 47
What I Left Behind- Chapter 48
What I Left Behind- Chapter 49
What I Left Behind- Chapter 50
What I Left Behind- Chapter 51
What I Left Behind- Chapter 52
What I Left Behind- Chapter 53
What I Left Behind- Chapter 54
What I Left Behind- Chapter 55
Epilogue/Playlist

What I Left Behind- Chapter 3

3K 69 19
Por dinaAbu

***************This chapter is told in Blake's point of view and Ethan's point of view.  It describes how Blake's morning was and Ethan's in their viewpoints

Chapter 3 

 Blake's POV

I woke up in the morning with a big headache. My head was pounding so hard. I tried blocking out the sunlight with my pillow. I growled at how bad my head hurt. I looked down to see me in pajamas. Ethan must have tucked me into bed last night. 

 I forced myself out of bed and walked toward my lounge. Since I decided to have the loft a few years ago, I had the whole top level of my house that included a small kitchen, one big bathroom, a walk in closet, and couches all around. My loft was very modern. I had a window that overlooked the city of Auburn, which is my favorite and the reason why I chose it over the guest house.

I loved my loft. It felt so safe. 

After brushing my teeth and fixing my hair, I went and grabbed my phone off the charger. I saw that I had a text from Ethan, 

You alive?

I laughed and responded, 

Yes, about to get breakfast, come over if you want (: 

He responded a minute later, 

Heading out the door now 

I went downstairs to the kitchen to the smell of my mother's amazing cooking. 

 "Morning. Have fun last night?" She asked sitting on the kitchen table sipping her coffee.

"Yeah, I had a blast, you should have been there," I replied jokingly and winked at my mom. My mom chuckled. 

"You look like crap, I'm guessing you had a little too much fun, huh?" She said raising one eyebrow. 

"Last party of the summer mom, you go hard or go home." I responded. "Look's like you came home sweetheart." She responded laughing. 

The doorbell rang and I skipped out of the kitchen towards the door. I opened it to see Ethan.

"Oh wow, you look like shit." He said.

 I laughed, "Come on, I'm hungry and the sun isn't helping my hangover at all." I said blocking the sunlight from my eyes. We headed to the kitchen.

"Morning Ethan. You kids eat, I'm heading to the grocery store." My mom said before leaving the kitchen. I put myself a plate and sat down on the table. I looked up at Ethan as he sat down with no food in front of him. 

"And why aren't you eating?" I asked. This boy wasn't going to watch me eat and him not have any, what is he thinking? 

"I told you I'm going to IHOP around 12 with the team, but I'm not leaving here until you eat." He replied. I frowned, I hated how he went out with them, they cut the amount of time I had with him. Stupid boys. 

I ate a few pieces of bacon, eggs, and toast before I couldn't fit any more into my system. After I was finished eating, I turned to see Ethan with a small grin on his face, "What's going on with you?" I asked.

"Watching you eat is amusing," he said. Wow that's random, what a strange best friend I have. 

"Yeah? Watching you stare at me is amusing too. Actually quite freaky." I joked. 

He laughed, "What are you doing today?" He asked.

I thought about the day I had ahead of me. I wasn't doing much other than going for a run and working out, but he knew that so why did he ask?

"Umm err... running and working out as usual, why do you ask?" I asked.

"You're mom said your grandparents are coming to town tonight and you all were having a dinner, so I was just wondering." Ethan said looking a bit hurt.

My mouth dropped in surprise. I completely forgot about my grandparents coming to town! Most importantly, I forgot to ask Ethan to come to dinner! My grandparents loved him and he loved them. Why did he feel the need to be invited though? He never needs an invite to anything. 

"Oh shit. I forgot to ask, do you want to come tonight? I meant to ask you last week, it just honestly slipped my mind. You never need an invite to these things. You know that right?" I asked with wide eyes feeling so stupid for forgetting to ask him earlier.

"Of course I do, I just wanted to make sure it was okay with you." He said looking a relieved.

"Of course it is. Be here no later than eight. That gives you two hours after tryouts to get ready." I said happily. 

He nodded in agreement, "I should get going, the guys are probably waiting on me," he said getting up from his seat. 

I nodded, "Say hi to Drew and wish Wesley good luck for me," I said giggling. "You know you're one weird girl Blake Gray, why am I friends with you again?" He asked raising one eyebrow playfully.

"Correction Lover Boy, why are you best friends with me?" I asked poking him in the ribs. 

He laughed and slung his arm over my shoulder and walked us over to the door. "Well best friend, take it easy today on your run. Don't go overboard you freak," he said before opening the door.

"Said the running back. Now go before the boys come over here and kick my ass for making you late for your stupid rituals," I said sticking my tongue out.

"Those boys know better than to touch you so no worries there," he replied before kissing my cheek and walking over to his house next door. 

"No later than eight Ethan, I'm serious!" I shouted at him before I closed my door. 

****************************************************

I ran about two miles around the neighborhood until I looked at the clock. It was around four so I decided to go back to the house to finish my workout. Once home, I headed to the basement that had a small gym in the back corner. I did my usual routine and finished in two hours. It was about six thirty when I finished. I went up to my loft and took a shower and got ready. 

I decided to wear a pair of skinny jeans with a coral blouse that had a small cut from the back exposing a little of my bare skin. I put on a pair of sandals that completed the outfit. I put a little eyeliner on but nothing dramatic. I didn't like wearing a lot of make up, eyeliner was the only exception making my hazel eyes stand out a little more. 

I texted Ethan around seven to make sure he was getting ready.

I looked outside my window in my loft and noticed his car parked outside, 

I'm running late, the guy's held me behind to do some lifting, Sorry. 

I laughed. If he wanted to lie he should have parked his car inside the garage. I texted him back, 

Oh that's too bad, I'll just go over your house and congratulate Lauren on getting a new black Range Rover. Did you know she bought a new car? 

I laughed as I pressed send, he replied within seconds, 

You caught me. Stupid car, lol. I'm getting ready I'll be over in 15 

After reading his message I decided to head downstairs, I knew my grandparents would be here by now.

***********************************************************

Ethan's POV 

I was at IHOP with the football team and I honestly did not want to be here. Thank god it was the last day of tryouts. The team was already picked out, today was just for people who missed a tryout and wanted to come out and try out. It was basically a practice but it was school mandatory for tryouts to be 6 days long.   

"Eat big today boys, today is gonna be a pain in the ass. Coach is keeping us an extra hour for conditioning." Drew stated.

"Shit man, that fat ass should run with us instead of eating Krispy Kreme doughnuts all day long." Jack said. Jack was the punter, which had its advantages. During practices whenever we'd run, he wouldn't have to but during conditioning, he wasn't excused.   

"Whoa there super star, don't get all pissy cause you actually have to run more than a lap today," Drew said.  

We all laughed, Jack was actually one of the laziest people I know and also the second sluttiest man whore on the team, behind Drew.  We all ordered our food and started talking about football. I texted Wesley to see where he was but he didn't respond. Maybe he overslept from the party last night. Whatever, I wasn't stressing.   

About 5 minutes later I saw Wesley walk in, I waved my hand over for him to come. He came and sat down with us.

 I turned to the team, "Hey guys this is Wesley Drake, he's trying out today and probably gonna make the team, he switched from Madison High."  I said.

"This pretty boy has skills? He look's like all he does is stare at himself in a mirror." I heard Matt, one of our wide receivers say. All the boys were laughing, even Wesley.  

"We'll see if my long hours at looking at myself in the mirror pays off on the field today." Wesley responded with a smirk on his face. All the guys chuckled.  

"You ready for today pretty boy?" I asked.  

 "Yeah man, the only thing I'll need help with is concentrating. I mean at Madison, the cheerleaders would practice in the auxiliary gym, not on the field. This is going to be a big distraction." He said smirking.  

 I chuckled. What a player. "You'll get used to it. Oh, Blake says good luck by the way." I said.   

 He chuckled and grinned and turned to order his food.  

After we all ate, we headed to the school. We all got dressed in our football gear and headed to the field. Wesley was good. He played wide receiver, Matt's spot. He was definitely better than Matt that was for sure. You could tell everyone was quite surprised. They all had their mouths hung open whenever Drew called a play. Matt was getting furious. If Wesley kept this up, he was for sure going to start and Matt would be second string. Holy shit! Matt is going to be pissed when that happens!  

 After 3 long hours, "tryouts" were finally over. Today had been hell. The hot weather was making me so dehydrated. When I went to the locker room, I saw Wesley walking towards me.

 "Hey man, good job today. You're fast as hell. How the hell do you run that quick?" He asked me. I laughed. This was a typical question everyone asked me.

 "Years and years of training." I replied.

 "Good job on making the team, not many do when they switch schools." I said.

 "Yeah I know, thanks Ethan." He said rubbing his hands through his hair nervously.

 Something was up with him, "Something going on with you?" I asked.  

 "Uh err... actually yeah. I was wondering, are you and Blake like together?" He asked 

I laughed. Typical new guy. They all asked if Blake and I were together. Shit, even the guys on the team still ask if we're together. I guess it was the way we act but that's how our relationship is and I loved it. 

 "It depends, why you asking?" I said getting serious.

"Depends on what? I was just wondering." Wesley responded.

"It depends on the circumstances. You're not interested are you?" I asked firmly.

"Actually, yeah I am. That's why I asked you if you two were dating or something. I don't wanna take the girl of the famous Ethan Bradley and start off on a bad foot." 

I got stiff. Why was I getting jealous? Blake wouldn't go for Wesley. He wasn't her type. I always got protective when guys would talk about Blake, especially when guys told me they wanted to talk to her. 

"No we're not together but Blake doesn't go for guys like you, so I wouldn't bother trying." I stated grabbing my clothes out of my locker, slamming it hard in the process. 

 "So you two aren't together?" He asked smiling.

 "No but like I said, don't bother. You wouldn't want for me to kick your ass would you?" I said getting a little annoyed with him.

He met Blake once and already he was interested in her. For one reason only, to screw her and toss her out like a pair of old socks. Blake had so much heartbreak in the past and Wesley had jackass written all over his face. He just wanted a good fuck and I wasn't about to get him the opportunity to do that to my best friend. 

 "I'm serious Drake, don't even get me started. Blake's off limits." I said looking at him hard.

 "Whoa dude chill, I'm only wondering. Thanks for answering though, clear's up a lot of things. See you tomorrow." He said smirking and turning away to change. 

 I was really annoyed with him. I didn't like how he acted just now. Who the hell does he think he is? 

 After thirty minutes of showering and getting ready, I drove home to get dressed. I put on a pair of khaki pants and a white polo and sprayed some cologne. I went to my mom's garden outside and pulled out about a dozen flowers. I was in such a bad mood from Wesley but I had to shrug it off. Blake could see right through me so I had to ignore what happened.

 I walked up to her door and rang the bell. She opened the door looking as beautiful as ever. She was wearing skinny jeans with a light pinkish orange shirt that made her skin glow. God she was flawless. She smiled her million-dollar smile making me forget everything and everyone. Damn, if only she knew how I feel about her. 

***********************************************************

 Blake's POV

"Oh my have you grown since July! Stop growing you're making your grandma feel old," my grandmother said. 

 I laughed. My grandma was a clown sometimes. "You old? Never!" I responded trying to make her feel better, she hated being called old.

"Your grandmother is in denial sweetheart, it's okay for you to tell her the truth once in a while," my grandpa stated. 

My grandma poked him in the ribs at his comment and they both chuckled. Even at age sixty they were in love as ever. 

"Dinner's almost ready, Blake have you spoke to Ethan?" My mother asked.

"Yeah he should be here any second. He came back from tryouts so he wanted to get a good shower before he came," I replied.

"Oh Ethan! How is he, still sexy as ever?" My grandmother asked.

"Gross grandma, you know you're acting like a pedophile right?!" I said laughing and fake gagging. 

"Oh honey, when you know a boy is as handsome as he is, you don't just ignore it!" She said firmly.

"Okay mother I think that's enough," my mom said laughing. 

The doorbell rang and I left the living room to open it. 

Ethan was there patiently waiting, wearing jeans and a fitted white shirt looking as beautiful as ever. He was carrying my favorite red roses that his mom grew in her backyard. God my best friend was so sweet!

"Well these are pretty, who's the lucky girl?" I asked playfully. 

"Grandma Carry," he said with a smirk on his face.

"Well of course they're for you Lover Girl." He said handing me the roses. I took the roses from him and smelled them. I smiled and hugged him, leading us in the house towards the living room. 

Once we entered the living room, my grandma beamed and so did my grandfather. They loved Ethan. My grandma grabbed him for a quick hug, "Ethan! How are you, handsome?" Grandma asked.

 "I'm great grandma Carry, how are you? And you grandpa Tim?" Ethan asked being as sweet as ever.

"Much better now!" She stated. We all chuckled making Ethan have a confused expression on his face.

"I'm well son, you look as fit as ever boy, at this pace, you'll be as big as those wrestlers on WWE by next year!" My grandpa said.

Ethan laughed, "Football has been pretty intense this past year. Coach has been on our backs about going to the gym and getting us into good shape for the scouts." Ethan said.

"James Madison University is still the game plan for you huh son?" My grandpa asked.

Ethan had received a scholarship to JMU for football. He wasn't ready to give up the sport of football but he didn't want to have a career in it either. He wanted to become a business lawyer and with a football scholarship, he had the best of both worlds. For the past year, he debated on UVA and JMU but finally stuck to one. All he needed was to complete this last season of football at Auburn and he was all set and ready to go for college. I was so proud of him. He deserved it more than anything. 

 Charlie and I were also planning on going to JMU for college. Drew was planning on leaving to UVA for a full ride football scholarship. Thankfully, the colleges were only about an hour apart so we would all be somewhat close.

"Yes sir that's the game plan," Ethan said firmly.

"The food's ready, let's go on in and eat, I'm starving," my mom said leading us to the dining table.

We all sat down at the table and started eating. My grandpa and Ethan made easy conversation about sports and school. 

 After dinner, I wanted some fresh air so I excused Ethan from the living room and headed towards the cabana outside.

Once we were outside, I laid on one of the lounge chairs pulling the other next to it making one huge bed.

 I pointed at Ethan, "Come lay with me." I said tiredly.

He quickly climbed in next to me, wrapping his arms around my back pulling me close to him. I rested my head on his chest hearing the sound of his heartbeat. His body seemed all-tense which wasn't like Ethan.

 "Something up?" I asked. 

"No nothing." He said. 

I knew he was lying. Whenever he was tense, something was wrong. 

I turned to see his face, staring into his big brown eyes, "Since when did we start keeping secrets from each other?" I asked stroking his beautiful face.

God my best friend was handsome. Why had I been realizing this a lot lately? I always knew Ethan was beautiful and hot, but these feelings were different. What the hell Blake! I mentally smacked myself.

 "What's up with you and that Wesley kid anyways?" He asked. 

I looked at him surprised. Nothing was going on between us. Why was he asking?

 "Nothing, why?" I asked curiously.

 "It doesn't seem like nothing." He stated getting a little sassy.

I was starting to get mad. He didn't believe me. Whatever this is stupid. I never fought with Ethan and I wasn't just about to over Wesley. Nothing was going on between us, not that I was aware of anyways. 

 I sat up making him face me and placed my hands over his still sitting on the chairs.

 "I promise you nothing is going on between us. What's going on with you? Has he said anything?" I asked.

 He thought for a few seconds before speaking, "Yeah, after tryouts today, he asked about you. Wondered if we were together or anything." He said with his voice husky. 

 Wesley asked about me? Why? 

 "That's weird, I talked to him once. What did you say?" I asked. 

 "That he wasn't to come near you, you don't need someone like him. You know how these guys are like." He said gently squeezing my hands. 

 I do know how these guys are like. I had experienced them in my past. One boy I dated last year was just like Wesley. He cheated on me leaving me heartbroken. I never let anyone in after that. I didn't love him but I liked him a lot. I've never been in love. The only love I've ever had for anyone was with my friends and family. Ethan knows everything about me though. Why didn't he assume that Wesley was someone who I did not want anything to deal with? 

 "Even if he looked like a sexy super model, I wouldn't go for him. I do know how guys like him are." I said trying to ignore the thoughts of my past.

 It was like he could read my mind, "I'm sorry for bringing it up, you asked me what was wrong and I don't lie to you ever. I'm sorry Blake." He said putting his head down.

 I brought this conversation up so why was he saying sorry? I put my hand under his chin and lifted his head. I hugged him. 

"I'm not mad, thank you for caring though. Means a lot." I said dragging us back in the house.

"Always." He said just before we got back into the house.

The rest of the night flew by. My grandparents and I said our goodbyes leaving just mom, Ethan, and I in the living room.

"I'm gonna go, first practice tomorrow. Goodnight Rachel." Ethan stated getting up from the couch.

"Goodnight Ethan, good luck at practice tomorrow." My mom called out.

 I walked Ethan to the door, "Have fun tomorrow, I'll see you Monday." I said.

  He smiled, "Thanks, goodnight." He said giving me a quick hug.

 "Night." I said watching him walk off next door.  

 I closed the door and headed upstairs to my room. It was around twelve and I was exhausted. I changed into my pajamas and headed to bed. I closed my eyes and easily fell into a deep sleep.

  ***I wont be posting another chapter until either wednesday or thursday due to midterms, sorry! Hope you liked this chapter!!

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

4.2M 81.6K 28
Sophie's parents have shipped her off to a boarding school in Spain that can provide a better education for her. Now, after two years, her grades hav...
2.1M 83.1K 68
how far would you go . . . for someone you love? ♔ Levi steps forward, placing himself between me and Jack. Like he's protecting me from him. But I d...
332 8 51
Ethan and Braylee were best friends since second grade. They stuck together through thick and thin through their childhood years, up until Ethan chan...
1.4K 149 28
Meet skylar, a fun, outgoing, beautiful young girl who spent most of her days with her best friend Tyler. Meet Tyler a handsome, intelligent, young...