Midnight Arson (Platonic! Ran...

By Zymfoe

Ranboo is triggered into an enderwalk trance, leading to the death of his husband and the burning of his hous... More

Disclaimer
Chapter 1: The Creature
Chapter 2: The Crime
Chapter 2: The Crime (Part 1)
Chapter 2: The Crime (Part 2)
Chapter 3: The Book
Chapter 3: The Book (Part 2)
Chapter 4: The Prison
Chapter 4: The Prison (Part 2)
Chapter 4: The Prison (Part 3)
Chapter 5: The Dreamons
Chapter 5: The Dreamons (Part 2)
Chapter 6: Wilbur
Chapter 7: The City of Gambling (Part 2)
Chapter 7: The City of Gambling (Part 3)
Chapter 7: The City of Gambling (Part 4)
Chapter 8: The Set-Up
Chapter 8: The Set-Up (Part 2)
Chapter 8: The Set-Up (Part 3)
Chapter 9: The Caves
Chapter 9: The Caves (Part 2)
Chapter 10: Limbo
Chapter 11: The Train Tracks
Ch 11: The Train Tracks (Part 2)
Ch 11: The Train Tracks (Part 3)
Chapter 12: The Meeting
Chapter 12: The Meeting (Part 2)
Chapter 12: The Meeting (Part 3)
Chapter 13: The Egg
Chapter 13: The Egg (Part 2)
Chapter 13: The Egg (Part 3)
Chapter 14: The Monarch
Chapter 14: The Monarch (Part 2)
Chapter 14: The Monarch (Part 3)
Chapter 15: The Journey Home
Chapter 15: The Journey Home (Part 2)
Chapter 16: A Father's Wish
Chapter 16: A Father's Wish (Part 2)
Chapter 16: A Father's Wish (Part 3)
Chapter 17: The Warden
Chapter 17: The Warden (Part 2)
Chapter 17: The Warden (Part 3)
Chapter 18: The Bomb Plot
Chapter 18: The Bomb Plot (Part 2)
Chapter 19: The Family
Chapter 19: The Family (Part 2)
Chapter 19: The Family (Part 3)
Chapter 20: The Blood God
Chapter 21: The Betrayal
Chapter 22: The Nukes
Chapter 22: The Nukes (Part 2)
Chapter 23: The Climax
Chapter 24: The Battle
Chapter 24: The Battle (Part 2)
Chapter 25: The Strange Man
Chapter 26: A New Hope
Chapter 26: A New Hope (Part 2)
Chapter 27: The Hunt
Chapter 27: The Hunt (Part 2)
Chapter 28: Reconcile
Chapter 28: Reconcile (Part 2)
Chapter 29: The Exorcism
Chapter 29: The Exorcism (Part 2)
Chapter 29: The Exorcism (Part 3)
Chapter 30: Fundy
Chapter 30: Fundy (Part 2)
Chapter 31: The Truth
Chapter 31: The Truth (Part 2)
Chapter 32: The Reckoning
Chapter 32: The Reckoning (Part 2)
Chapter 33: The Guest of Honor
Chapter 33: The Guest of Honor (Part 2)
Chapter 34: Trust Me
Chapter 34: Trust Me (Part 2)
Chapter 35: The Finale
Chapter 35: The Finale (Part 2)
Chapter 36: The Aftermath
Chapter 36: The Aftermath (Part 2)

Chapter 7: The City of Gambling

115 48 58
By Zymfoe

The sun hung high in the sky by the time Ranboo made it over the hill and onto the Las Nevadas city bridge. After surviving death the prior evening, he and Fundy had decided to join forces and hunt down the escaped dreamons. The server was already on the verge of war without supernatural intervention. The last thing they all needed was a paranormal infestation- they already had The Egg to deal with.

Ranboo shuddered at the mere thought of facing another shadow beast. That night, he had seen death's face, a visage of true horror and despair. He wondered if Tubbo had met a similar being as he was welcomed into the arms of death...His heart felt heavy just thinking about it.

The sentient passed the stone archway, only to be met by Fundy at the bridge's toll booth. "Hey, Ranboo. Long time no see," the fox hybrid jested. "You look like you've seen a ghost."

Fundy threw his head back in a loud cackle; all Ranboo could do was sigh. "Yes, that's very funny," he said flatly. "Are you ready to hunt these shadow boys or not?"

Fundy tsked in disapproval. "Man, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. But fear not! For have a plan." The fox hybrid reached under his cobblestone desk to pull out two cartons of farm fresh eggs.

The enderman halfling stared down at the produce, puzzled. "Eggs? What do we need eggs for?"

"Why, that's basic dreamon hunting one-oh-one, my friend," Fundy said, leaning his elbow up on the desk. "We use the eggs to help cleanse the person of the dreamon. It's only temporary, until we can perform the ritual, really."

"The what?"

Fundy shook his head. "Don't worry. I already set up a pit to hold the dreamons. We're all set to go!" Ranboo's mind raced with so many questions, but he found it best not to ask them just yet. Better to let the expert lead now than to stifle his process.

The fox hybrid stepped out of the booth to reveal a dashing new outfit. He was dressed in a red t-shirt paired with gray jeans and black combat boots. A long, teal-colored trench coat with a trail of brass buttons up the front adorned his slim and fit figure. The matching teal cap was a nice touch to finish it off.

"Oh! And look at the back!" Fundy spun around to show off the embroidery on the back: a upside down smiley face hand-stitched in gold. Ranboo had a vague memory of seeing something like this in Tubbo's closet once, sometime before the fire...

"Ranboo!"

The enderman hybrid was abruptly brought out of his sorrowful trance by Fundy calling his name. "Yes?"

The fox hybrid was now holding a set of folded clothes similar to the ones he wore. "I said put these on."

The sentient narrowed his eyes in suspicion. "Why?"

"Because you're a dreamon hunter now, and it's the uniform!" Fundy reasoned. "It's made of anti-dreamon fabric, so wearing it will protect you. And I spent all night sewing this together, dammit! So try it on!"

Will Fundy and Ranboo find any dreamons haunting Las Nevadas?? Stay tuned to find out!

Vote to protect Fundy and Ranboo!!

And, as always, thank you for the love and support on all my stories. Y'all are fantastic, lovely humans. <333

[Image Credits] "Sewing machine f2958256.jpg" (Cropped Slightly) by Rama (https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Sewing_machine_f2958256.jpg)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

273 2 10
A DreamSMP Fanfiction with Ranboo our beloved as the main character. Ranboo started to hear the voice of a man said to be named Dream after his sixte...
491K 18.5K 65
⚠️TRIGGER WARNINGS⚠️ -eating disorder -self harm -suicidal thoughts -suicide ________________________ ☁️???????☁️ Tubbo meets a new friend named Ranb...
21.8K 920 55
Tommy had just recently moved homes. The one he left was one full of memories. Not good ones, but not necessarily bad ones, either. He didn't have mu...
1.2K 62 7
Tubbo was just an ordinary kid, living by himself in a kingdom full of close-minded people. He had big ideas and different opinions, but no one would...