Death and Co. // THE 100

By olympuscandor14

"He want's to be loved, I do not stir. The frost makes a flower, the dew makes a star. The dead ball." Atlas... More

DEATH AND CO
ACT ONE
wells' dad's a dick
we're back bitches
first to dye
whatever the hell we want
fear of missing out
unlikely allies
suicide mission
earth skills
the ark
Atlas the righteous
murphy's law
down in the forest
you're (not) alone
crash landing
welcome home

odds on

993 31 2
By olympuscandor14

[CHAPTER ONE]

[THE ONE WHERE THE BOY HITS AND RUNS]

Atlas Grey sat lazily in his seat at the rear of the Ark's poor excuse of a classroom. The fifteen year old lounged with his legs upon the table in front of him with a hand over his mouth as he sniggered with his friends. His long, blonde, unkept locks fell over his wide brown eyes - they were curious eyes, filled with wonder. He clothes did not fit him quite right, in fact every item he wore was not his. Stolen from neighbours or hand-me downs from his deceased father. The Grey family was never fortunate enough to own clothes that were new, vibrantly coloured or even properly put together, poorly sewn wholes dotted his attire, his socks could be seen poking out of the edge of his shoes, and his pants hung off his hips - having been two sizes too large. 

Atlas never knew his father, he died before he was born. Theodore Grey was his name, and according to Atlas he was the greatest man in the world. He grew rather sick, his mother told him it was some kind of flu, and they couldn't afford the proper medicine to help him. Atlas believes with his whole heart that his Theodore was still around, things would be much better. 

His mother, Slyvie Grey - was a different story entirely. She neglected Atlas from the moment he was born, in fact he's surprised many people by survivng this long. She hated Theodore, mostly because he gave her a child and left before he could help to raise it. Atlas was just a reminder of her husband - she could barely stand the sight of him.

It is cruel to say that Atlas felt a relief when his mother eventually passed away, but it was true. She was one less thing for Atlas to worry about, and although he despised her for leaving him like his father, she would not be missed. The home that he grew up in was quickly given to somebody else and he was sent to live in a small place along with all of the other orphaned children on the Ark. 

To the boys right sat his best friend, and partner in crime; John Murphy, an older boy who took an immediate liking to Atlas - enjoying his recklessness and hedonism. The duo met recently, after the younger boys mother passed, and had been practically inseparable every since, knowing that they understood one another and never having to say a thing... 

Then, to Atlas' left sat another boy - the same age and much more empathetic and friendly than his friends, Nathan Miller. His father was a guard, so it came naturally to take care of, and to look out for his friends. He was quite popular on the Ark, less threatening than John Murphy and less... complicated, than Atlas. Nate balanced them out, kept them in check- but of course he still knew how to have his fun.

The three did not know much about one another at all. In fact, outside of classes - Nate and Atlas barely even spoke. However the Grey and the Murphy boy were commonly spotted running around the empty halls of the Ark, they may not have been the best of influences on one another but they were family. 

Whilst their teachers back was turned, the trio joked away no to secretly - chuckling when some of the privileged kids shot them dirty looks for disrupting the class. Murphy and Atlas specifically, were on very thin ice with their fellow class mates who thought them to be no good social rejects."Hey. Can you quit it?" Wells Jaha snapped, from the very front of the room, besides a blonde girl who seemed equally as agitated. Wells was the son of Chancellor Jaha, and an absolute dick, just like daddy. His comment only fuelled the fire within the boys, who sarcastically apologised and raised their hands - feigning surrender. 

For a boy so young, Atlas was filled with a lot of rage. Every since he could remember, he had a quick temper and would take that out on others. He was a loose unit, some would say. Perhaps it was because he had never truely felt the love he was supposed to from his mother. He had known nothing but bitterness, and so that's was he became. 

Murphy leaned in closer, and motioned for his friends to do the same with a devilish smile upon his lips. "One weeks rations says neither of you throws a punch." The boy challenged quietly, his eyes darting between the younger boys. "No way! We'll be floated." Nate argued, brushing it off with a nervous laugh - however his features dropped when he saw the look on the Grey boy's face as he eye'd down Wells. "No. Atlas, don't even think about it." His features did not falter. Atlas didn't care for the rations if he was being completely honest, in fact the only reason he was really considering Murphy's offer was because it'd be undoubtedly fun. Who wouldn't want to punch the stuck up prince square in the jaw? "Two weeks rations." Atlas dragged his gaze from Wells and now looked at Murphy challengingly, reciprocating his friends devious smile. He ignored Nate placing a hand over his face and uttering 'oh my god' under his breath. 

"You've got yourself a deal." 

With a cocky raise of his eyebrows, Atlas stood from his chair - not before reciprocating the fist bump held out to him by Murphy. All this was to them was some silly game to get their blood pumping, Murphy knew Atlas couldn't refuse an excuse to act out. 

"Hey! Wells." Atlas shouted, confidently making his way over to wear the boy sat and catching the attention of everyone in the room in the process. He towered over him as the tanned boy remained in his seat. Atlas Grey's face stone cold -barely even processing what exactly he was doing... securing a death sentence. "Get up." The blonde girl sat next to the chancellors son, grabbed the boys arm telling him simply to ignore Atlas, but Well's had a large ego - enough to stand up to the challenge. "What do you want?" Wells questioned, rolling his eyes as he slowly stood from his chair, meeting Atlas' gaze, squirming slightly from the unpredictability he currently faced. When Well's looked into Atlas' eyes, he certainly did not see a reasonable boy looking to talk. "Me and Murphy have a bet." Atlas glanced over his shoulder briefly, seeing his friends watching closely, the one in question covering his smile in his hand. "Right, and what's-"

The unsuspecting boy had no time to finish his question. Atlas had lunged forward, striking a punch to the centre of Wells' nose. A loud crack could be heard throughout the classroom, and was enough to make the blonde jump out of her own seat and aid to Wells who now lay on the floor, clutching his bloody nose in his hand. Atlas couldn't withold the sadistic laugh that escaped his lips as he watch the pair on the ground. However, reality soon set in as he tore his gaze from Wells to look at his teacher, stood at the front of the classroom staring him down. For a moment, they both stood - trying to anticipate the others next move. 

A cheshire cat smile appeared on the boys face, as if to threaten the older man in front of him, and egg him on. Funnily enough, he looked like an excited kid who had just told his mother some good news. 

Within a flash, Atlas had rushed out of the classroom, knocking some chairs to the floor in the process to slow down his pursuer. He could hear some gasps and cheers from his classmates as he messily sprinted from the room. His feet hit the hard floor beneath him heavily as he twisted around many corners and turns - he didn't know where he was running, in fact he had no plan at all. But one thing was for sure in Atlas' mind, in that moment, he felt so very alive. His childish grin remained on his face as he pushed past several unknowing bystanders, willing them to clear a path for him - shouting 'move!' whenever he saw a new figure. 

Unfortunately for the Grey boy, alas, this was the ark - and there would be no escape. It didn't bother him much, he wasn't stupid. He knew he'd get caught, but those short moments of bliss were ever so worth it. 

"Keep up old man!" He challenged, looking back for a moment - still seeing his teacher hot on his heels. One last cackle escaped the delinquent, before his body slammed into a larger figure - sending him straight to the cold metal floor. He groaned slightly, he body immediately begining to ache from the impact.

"What's going on here?" 

Ah Marcus Kane, a not - so - popular councilman whom Atlas and most others despised. He was power hungry and greedy, it is possible that Atlas could not have run into anybody worse. 

The boys was ripped off of the floor harshly, and although he tried to struggle against the strong grip a guard had already had on him, Atlas was not escaping, he was finished. His arms were quickly detained in cuffs behind his back, his squirming and protesting proving useless. 

"Kid assaulted the chancellors son. Tried to take off, probably would have gotten away with it too if you hadn't have shown up, councilman." His teacher had finally caught up, explaining the situation to Kane as if he were about to pass out from all of the physical exertion. Through a pained and sarcastic smile, Atlas finally raised his gaze to meet Marcus Kane's. "And I'd gladly do it again." His words were dark, the smirk dancing on hip lips proved he indeed had no remorse for his action. Kane kept his composure stone cold. "Atlas Grey." He noted. "Why am I not surprised to find you responsible for all of this ruckus." 

"Aw. You remember me?" The boy pouted sarcastically, his breathing coming out rugged from his tiredness and amusement. This certainly wasn't his first run in with Kane, he did hate the guy after all.

"I remember your father... He would have been so disappointed."  

Those words were enough to make Atlas' complete demeanour change. By now, most of the kids from his class had caught up to, and a crowd had formed to watch the interaction. Even if the entire ark was there watching, Atlas wouldn't have cared, nobody talks about his father, especially not like that. He clenched his jaw, sneering at the man in front of him - he tried with all of his strength to jerk forward to attack him but it was no use. The best he could do was spit directly in the mans face, letting his anger take the wheel. 

"You asshole! Go float yourself!"

A string of curses continued, as Kane nodded discretely at the guards and Atlas was dragged away - to where he would spend the remainder of his short life in the sky box. He did not regret punching Wells, nor did he regret spitting in Marcus Kane's face. That's just who Atlas Grey was; an impulsive, frustrated kid who'd do anything for some kind of kick. For the record, that was one of the best days of his life. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.4K 424 20
you were sent down to earth as part of the 100, with no explanation but to find mount weather, a place of sanctuary. with only a measly class of eart...
82K 2.5K 37
She wasn't even supposed to be on the dropship going down to Earth. As the youngest zero-g mechanic on the ark (as well as an engineer but she wouldn...
145K 2.9K 40
"It's you - he said still hugging her - I always knew that - he puts his hands on her face, looks right into her deep blue eyes full of tears, and sm...
25.1K 335 47
As soon as you and the rest of the 100 landed on earth everything was nothing as what it seems. Y/n has a secret that no one knows but what will you...