dusk.

נכתב על ידי romancevoid

𝐃𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐊 𝐇𝐀𝐋𝐄. shadowy, dim, dark. dark. after the events that took place, they seem to deal with the d... עוד

𝐃𝐔𝐒𝐊
𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐈 - ᴀꜰᴛᴇʀᴍᴀᴛʜ
one | STARGAZING
two | FLASHBACKS
three | ALONE TIME
four | SCARRED SKIN
five | PROTECTIVENESS
six | TEQUILA FIGHTS
seven | JACKSON'S NEWS
nine | INSIDE HER MIND
ten | EMOTIONAL STEPS
eleven | A STORMY DAY

eight | DEATON'S KNOWLEDGE

616 21 1
נכתב על ידי romancevoid

DUSK.
act one, chapter eight | deaton's knowledge
SUMMARY; haven seeks advice from deaton

"...is there something that can be done for Derek to see our son the way I did?"

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

THE NEXT MORNING DEREK HAD WOKEN UP BEFORE HAVEN. Glancing at the time he saw it was five in the morning, meaning he woke up earlier than he desired. Especially since he was dreading today. He knew Haven started her job at the animal clinic with Deaton which meant less time he'd get to spend with her. He had become to accustomed to having her around him nearly everyday and for hours on end. Now that she was staring her job and getting ready to begin the new school year, he was gonna be left on his own for majority of the days.

The only thing he could really do was spend his time searching for Boyd and Erica and any traces of them. It was another hopeless case as he could already tell every time he'll search, he won't find anything. There hasn't been any traces or any sign of the two teens for that matter. And it continued to make Derek feel guilty.

Deep down he knew for himself he wasn't cut out to be an Alpha. He couldn't help the anger and disappointment he had for himself. He wasn't fully grounded and didn't a steady mindset like Scott. He hated to admit he often felt jealous of Scott which he masked with annoyance every time Scott had the rational plan with saving Jackson. Sometimes it often reminded him of his mom. How she always has the rational solutions instead of jumping into plans blind.

It also didn't help he was completely clouded with keeping Haven safe. Yeah, he knew she was fully capable of taking care of herself. It just made him and his wolf calm and grounded every time he took care of her. Just like he had always been meant to. She was always his main priority and that'll never change.

Now he didn't care about being an Alpha anymore. He didn't care about the power it held for him. All he cares about is making sure sure she's safe and okay. His focus was forever going to be put on her. There's no way he's gonna make any of the same mistakes again.

He looked down at Haven who unconsciously whimpered in her sleep, instinctively moving over to where he was. She buried herself into his chest, her scrunched face then morphing into a calm and relaxed expression. He couldn't help the small chuckle rumble from his chest. He kissed her forehead and reached down to pull the covers further over them for warmth as it was getting colder in the loft at nighttime.

This girl laying in his arms was the miracle he had been waiting for. There were no words to describe the love he felt for her. He loves her with entire being, and would continue to love her for the rest of life. She was meant for him. And he couldn't be more thankful for the miracle given to him. Even pushing through the roughest patch in their relationship, it was now time to continue strengthening their bond. It was time they both let go and allow the healing process to run its course.

Derek hadn't realized he fell asleep until he woke up a few hours later and the sun was shining through the glass panes in the loft. He looked down at a still sleeping Haven who was curled into the side of his chest. He glanced at the clock which read nine thirty so he had the horrible task of waking her up so she had time to get ready for her first day of work.

As much as he didn't want her to go, he knew she needed this. It would help with her healing process to get her mind off of everything that's happened. He just hated the minutes they weren't together. He often flirted with the idea of just completely leaving Beacon Hills behind and moving away from the town he believes is cursed. However he couldn't. It wasn't just his home but Haven's as well.

After taking another moment to admire her peaceful form, he pushed her hair from her face gently. His movements made her stir slightly, her face scrunching together a bit. "Haven, it's take to wake up darling."

She groaned in protest, turning away from him and pulling the covers to her chin. She heard Derek sigh but gave no mind to it as she was ready to fall asleep again. She was almost asleep until Derek shook her gently making her turn to face him.

"I'm awake I'm awake!" She told him, letting out a yawn and rubbing her eyes. She curled back into Derek's warm chest, throwing an arm around his torso. "Just five more minutes?"

He chuckled, planting a kiss on her temple. "We can stay in bed for another five minutes but not sleeping. You gotta get ready for work at the animal clinic."

She huffed. "You're supposed to tell me to wait until tomorrow to start."

"As much as I would love for you to start tomorrow, I know you need this job. Especially to get your mind off everything." He told her, running her back up and down soothingly. "Unless you wanna take up my offer?"

"No. I can't. That's too much to ask of you." She shook her head, craning her head to look up at him.

"You know it's not too much from me. Taking care of you is my main priority, you know that." He said, pushing her hair behind her ear and caressing the side of her head as well.

She closed her eyes as she leaned into his touch. "I know, Derek, I just need to be able to take care of myself and do things without relying on you too much."

"There's nothing wrong with relying on me." He frowned at her.

"I didn't say that. But what if you're not there when I need you?" She questioned.

"I'm always gonna be here, Haven. I'm never going anywhere."

•••

Haven walked into the animal clinic feeling very nervous. It felt a bit weird being apart from Derek, their bond trying to pull her back to him. However she really wanted to work at the animal clinic with Scott and Deaton. She wanted to make a living for herself and not rely on Derek and his offer. Though she knew it wasn't much in his eyes, she didn't want to be the girl who relied on her boyfriend for everything.

"Haven, glad to see you doing well. How're you feeling?" Deaton asked her as she entered the examination room he was in.

"I'm feeling okay. Still trying to get back into the routine of things." She told him, stepping up to the table where he was examining a young puppy.

"And how's Derek?" He watched her tense slightly at the question, his eyebrows furrowing at her reaction.

"He's uh okay. Was a little hesitant about me starting work." She answered half truthfully. "It's also weird being away from him as well."

"That's the bond working. It's normal to feel empty and a little bit weird being away from him. Especially since the trauma the two of you endured, you guys rely on each other for that comfort and security feeling." He explained to her while continued to tend to the puppy on the table.

"Will I ever feel okay without him?" She asked.

He paused what he was doing, glancing at her for a moment. "Truthfully speaking, it most likely won't. It may get better at times but you'll still have that strong urge to never be away from him. Just like he doesn't want you away from him."

She frowned, "How come months ago I never felt that way? I mean of course I always felt a strong connection but never to the point it physically bothered me to be away from me." It was true. Before she could handle being away from him even though he was a constant thought in her mind. Now all of a sudden she craved to be with him all the time. It didn't make too much sense.

"That's because you weren't fully aware of being bonded to him. The mind and universe is tricky like that. Once you were aware of being bonded to him, the universe thought you were ready for it all." He answered, smiling gently when she reached out to pet the small animal to keep him more calm and relaxed while he finished his work.

"Well the universe was wrong." She mumbled, focusing on the now sleeping puppy.

Hours had gone by and Haven was getting ready to end her first shift at the clinic. The later it got the more messages Derek sent her. She ignored the first few as they weren't much important and didn't want to make a bad impression on Deaton as it was her first day on the job. But now that it was night time, Derek couldn't help but feel the need to make sure she was safe and okay.

"Hey Deaton, before Derek picks up me, I actually have a question you might be able to answer." She said as he entered the room she was in. "When I was in the hospital and in surgery, I had this dream like I was in limbo or something. I got to see my mom that I lost years ago and I got to meet most of Derek's family." She started as Deaton gave her his full attention.

"Is this where you met yours and Derek's son?" He asked gently.

She nodded, swallowing thickly. "Y–yes. I know this bond works in crazy ways but is there something that can be done for Derek to see our son the way I did?"

"Actually, Haven, there is..."

__________

i could've kept going but decided to leave you all at this point hehe. also IM SORRY FOR LEAVING YOU ALL FOR ALMOST TWO MONTHS! i promise i didn't forget this story. i just couldn't find inspiration or remember where i was going with this.

i ended up changing the beginning so many times to help the flow of this chapter. i hope you all enjoyed it! we'll see an emotional and cute moment with derek in the next chapter!

we also have some drama coming up to be prepared! be sure to comment what you think is coming and vote for the next chapter!

Xx

word count; 1781

NEXT CHAPTER; inside her mind

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

67K 2K 48
"𝐵𝓊𝓉 𝓃𝑜𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃' 𝒾𝓈 𝒷𝑒𝓉𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝓈𝑜𝓂𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒𝓈 𝒪𝓃𝒸𝑒 𝓌𝑒'𝓋𝑒 𝒷𝑜𝓉𝒽 𝓈𝒶𝒾𝒹 𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝑔𝑜𝑜𝒹𝒷𝓎𝑒𝓈 𝐿𝑒𝓉'𝓈 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝓁𝑒𝓉 𝒾�...
57.5K 1.6K 34
𝐃𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐊 𝐇𝐀𝐋𝐄. at first they were each other's light in a dark world. now having each other they're entering a bright new beginning. but even t...
26.5K 1.3K 40
"𝓑𝓮𝓽 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓝𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻 𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷 𝓶𝓮𝓽 𝓶𝓮 𝓘 𝓭𝓸𝓷'𝓽 𝓫𝓵𝓪𝓶𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓑𝓻𝓸𝓴𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻𝔂 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓽𝓫𝓮𝓪𝓽" 𝘤�...
1M 25.3K 35
"I love you, Derek Hale." The moment Derek met Emilia, he knew. He knew he would love her forever. Protect her no matter what. He would be at her sid...