Settle Down // Irwin

By irwin-hfk

For crying out loud, Settle down! You know I can't be found with you ~~~ book 1 of The 1975 series More

Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
Epilogue.
Music and Sequel

35

1.7K 42 1
By irwin-hfk

Jade waits outside Ashton's door. She felt a little but sick even though just minutes before she left her house to come here she felt perfectly fine. She knew why though. It was Ashton's dad. She was feeling sick and nervous because there was the chance Ashton's dad was in.

Jade wanted to say something to someone, to anyone really. She had plenty of people she could talk to. There was her parents, Calum, his parents if she was really desperate, Ashton's mom maybe, Michael and Luke. She was most likely to go to Michael and Luke because she knows they know but she would probably have to talk to them alone, and that idea scared her. She didn't want to be alone with Luke, she could manage Michael, but Luke was a no go.

But it was for Ashton, so why not? Was she really that afraid of a teenage boy? He couldn't do anything to her and once he realized what she wanted to talk to him about surely he would be reasonable. Surely he would be sensible and act like a grown up. Ashton was his best friend and Jade would bet any money that he was worried about Ashton. Just like she is.

Just then the door opens. Jade sucks in a breath and is worried that it is Ashton's dad. What was she meant to say? Was she supposed to act like she didn't see a thing? That's what Ashton wanted. What if Ashton's dad was angry? Of course he was angry. He would probably be livid. Would he hurt Jade? No, Ashton would never let him. Jade tells herself this to settle that thought, but then she thinks about what might happen to Ashton if he does that. Her thoughts become unsettled again as those 'what ifs' start running through her brain.

"Hi." Jade is snapped out of her thoughts when it is actually Harry who answers the door.

"Oh," Jade feels herself relax. "Hi Harry."

Harry looks at me. Then he smiles. "Hi Jade."

"How are you?" I ask to be polite.

"I'm good." Harry replies happily. For some reason Jade is looking for any trace of a lie but she can't find any. His reply seems genuine. "Are you looking for Ashton?" Harry asks me.

"Yeah, is he in?" Jade says.

"Yeah, I'll just get him." Harry leaves me standing at the open door whilst he goes to get Ashton.

It only takes a few seconds because pretty soon Ashton appears at the door in Harry's place, smiley as ever.

"Hey." he says and pecks my lips. I didn't think he was going to do that so I'm a little surprised but still kiss back.

"Hi." I giggle.

"Are you coming in?" Ashton asks.

"Oh, um..." Jade trails off, looking past Ashton and into the hall of his house.

"It's just me, Harry and Lauren in the house." Ashton tells Jade. He smiles as he says it but Jade can tell he is telling me so that she knows his dad isn't home and she's not afraid to come in.

"Oh, sure." Jade replies and follows Ashton into the house.

Jade wasn't just hear for a random visit though. She actually had something to tell him, and she was going to make sure she had fun with this.

"Ashton," Jade pretends to put on a worried tone and sad expression once they reach the living room. "I have something to tell you."

"What's wrong?" Ashton shows instant concern, just like Jade thought. He grabs her hands and intertwines their fingers, pulling her closer to him.

"I..." Jade sighs. "I managed to get your result for your make up test today." At those words instantly Ashton's eyes widen.

"Oh," Ashton has probably already guessed the result by my tone of voice. "And?"

"Ash..." Jade pauses for dramatic effect. "You got a B." She sighs.

"Wait what?" Ashton's head jerks back slightly in surprise.

"Ashton," Jade begins to let herself smile. "You got a B." She says again but with a huge smile plastered across her face and Ashton lets out a sigh of relief.

"Don't fucking do that to me!" He yells before pulling Jade into a huge hug. Her wraps his arms around her shoulders and hug her tightly.

"Sorry." Jade did feel the tiniest bit bad but he was just so proud of Ashton. She was so proud of how far he has come and how much he actually worked.

"I'm going to college." Jade hears Ashton whisper to himself. She doesn't think he meant to say it out loud so Jade didn't respond. She was just so happy for him.

"You did it, Ash." She pulls back and cups his face with her hands as his move down to her waist.

"Thanks to you." Ashton speaks softly. "I dot think I can thank you enough."

"Honestly, I enjoyed it." Jade says and Ashton grins.

"Me too." He then brings his head down and ghosts his lips over Jade's before bringing them together. Jade moves her hands to his shoulders and keeps them there and she can feel Ashton slowly rocking back and forth, totally caught up in the kiss. Jade was losing sense of reality too. It scared how Ashton was able to do that. Pull her away from the world and into another, calmer one. It felt nice but terrifying all at the same time.

"Uhm..." Ashton and Jade separated quickly and turned their heads to the door. "Do you two do anything else?" Lauren crossed her arms over her chest and raised an eyebrow.

"Lauren," Ashton sighed and Jade awkwardly shuffled back from him. "We do actually."

"Sure." Lauren rolls her eyes and walks past them both into the kitchen.

"She's got a big math test coming up and she needs an A," Ashton tells Jade quietly. "She's been feeling pretty stressed."

"Does she like math?" Jade asks. Maybe she could help out with Lauren since her and Ashton don't necessarily have to do it anymore.

"Not at all." Ashton chuckles. "And I know she isn't the best. So I was wondering..." Ashton trails off and stares at Jade hoping she'll catch on.

"Oh, yeah!" Jade says enthusiastically. "Definitely!"

"Great." Ashton says. "I've been meaning to mention it to you for a while now."

Just then Lauren comes back through with an apple. "I'm going back up."

"How is the studying going?" Ashton asks, sitting down on the couch with Jade still holding hands.

Lauren shrugs. "Not great."

"You know Lauren," Ashton begins. "Jade tutored me in math and is just got a B in a test I had to get into college for."

"Okay?" Lauren seems confused as to why Ashton is saying this so Jade takes over.

"So I can tutor you, or just take you through homework if you needed help on it?" Jade suggests, smiling at Lauren.

Lauren's eyes move between Ashton and Jade. "Really Ash?"

"What did I do?" Ashton asks innocently.

"I've been seeing a tutor since the start of the year." Lauren says to Ashton.

"Wait what?" Ashton replies squinting his eyes at his younger sister.

"Yeah, dad got me one." Lauren says back.

"Oh." Ashton is obviously confused and Jade was just feeling really awkward. "Right, um, okay." Ashton says slowly.

"Well my offer is always there." Jade smiles at Lauren.

"I know." Lauren says simply, takes a bite of her apple and leaves.

"That could've went better." Jade says, turning to look at Ashton.

"Probably." Ashton shrugs holding his arms open for Jade to snuggle into his chest.

"You know," Jade says as Ashton strokes her hair. "Now that you've past your test we don't need to do the tutoring anymore."

"Oh," Ashton definitely says with disappointment. "I thought we could. You know, just in case there is a crisis and I need to use calculus to solve it."

"If you want to keep going we can." Jade shrugs.

"I want to." Ashton kisses Jade's head.

She knows why he wants to keep going with the tutoring. It's the same reason she wants to keep going. They had an excuse to see each other and be a couple. Even though Luke and Michael don't know about Ashton getting tutored, they had an excuse if they ever got caught together. It made Calum more understanding as well. Jade didn't want to stop either. But there was still that thing saying in the back of her mid eventually it'll need to stop.

Jade just worries that pretty soon everything will need to stop.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

lukey By Sophie

Fanfiction

460 14 16
where two people fall for eachother, even if they are 18 years apart {book one of the fangirl series}
211K 8.8K 46
It all started with a song... -First Book in Girls Hate Series- 5 Seconds of Summer Fan Fiction © 2016 Katie (maiumxidiots) All Rights Reserved ® [Co...
788K 7.5K 107
book 2 of the 5sos preferences
31.2K 725 42
"I don't want to be here."I yelled "Why."Calum said "Because my life is even my fucked up because of you.'I yelled "Calm down babe."Calum said "I HA...