My life outside the Mythical...

By BTSgirl-Artemisia

We all know about the demigod life of Persephone (Percy) Jackson. How she defeated Kronos, lost her memories... More

This is not Manhattan Anymore
Where the hell is Percy?
Greek Mythology. Percy's heritage
Independence Day Pt 1
Independence Day Pt 2
Hero suit!
Gala Headache
Gala Headache 2
Drop-Zone
A Day at the Beach
Infiltrator
Bereft
Would you...
About Your OCs
OCs Descriptions
School Day
Homfront
Relax
Tagged
Revelation
A Surprise Oneshot!
Prom problems
Tagged Again
Humanity
Failsafe
Disordered
Misplaced
Four Kisses
Coldhearted
Performance
Usual Suspects
Auld Acquaintance
One Shot: Contingency Plan
Happy New Year
Alienated
Beneath
Bloodlines
Depths
Before the Dawn
Cornered
Truths to be Told
True Colors
The Fix
The Runaways
War pt.1
War pt.2
Complications
The Hunt
Intervention
Intermission
Summit
Endgame
A Note
Princes All
Royal We
Eminent Threat
Private Security
Away Mission
Rescue Op

First Date

2.6K 92 56
By BTSgirl-Artemisia

Dick's POV

"Do me a favor, Grayson, and wipe that stupid grin off your face, please. It's starting to creep me out and somehow made me feel uncomfortably...single." Wally shivered. "That last part doesn't make sense."

Dick only grinned wider, his cheeks burned from the overstretching. "Sorry, West, but no can't do." He sighed, a dreamy look in his eyes.

Wally almost choked on his pineapple juice, he leaned forward, pressing his face to the screen, giving Dick a very clear look of his enlarged nose.

"Good lord, lean away Wally. I do not need to see that on a beautiful Saturday morning." Dick said, shielding his eyes from his phone.

Kid Flash leaned away, thinking hard. "Hm, something is off about you, Grayson," He decided, a hand on his chin. "You're glowing..."

Dick leaned back in his chair and dramatically smoothed his dark messy hair back. "Oh yeah, what gave it away?"

"You are way too cheery, even for a Saturday...Wait," Wally's eyes went wide. "Wait. Wait, wait, wait." He glanced at Dick slowly, eyes almost popping out of their sockets.

"No...."

"Yes..."

"Dude! Finally!" Wally shouted, springing up. "You finally did it?!"

Dick laughed. "Yep, the best and the scariest decision I've made in my life." A blush crept onto his handsome face as he recalled his love's soft lips on his.

"Took you guys long enough," Wally said, now smiling as wide as him. "How did it go? Did you guys ki-"

"Yep."

"Dude, let me finish! No need to get hast! Geez, you know, not all of us have a girlfriend."

Dick stopped smiling. Oh, gosh, he forgot. How can he be so stupid?

"What?" Wally asked, confused at the sudden change in his buddy's mood. "What's wrong?"

"I forgot to ask Percy to be my girlfriend!"

"..."

"Hahahahaha!" Dick's face got red.

"West!"

"Sorry, sorry," Wally wiped a tear from his eyes. "But seriously?! After kissing the girl and confess your heart out to her, you forgot that question out of everything?"

"I didn't mean to," Dick defended weakly. "And I'm going to ask her today, we only did just kiss last night."

Wally laughed some more. Dick groaned, then an idea came to mind, and a wicked grin can be seen on his lips.

"Even if I didn't ask her, we are technically together," He said. "And for the record, I still had a girl kiss me willingly, so HA! I believe I just found my girl before you do."

Wally looked ready to burst. "Hey, we didn't have a contest on this!" He argued. "For the record, I don't even have a love interest!"

"You're fault," Dick said, smirking. "Also, what about Artemis? The way you two argue on missions just...sparks something. Anyway, good luck. I have a girl to ask out, bye!"

"Hey, Grayson, wait! Don't you dare-" Dick shut off his phone with a click, cutting off the angry speedster. He chuckled. Serve him right for laughing at him.

A knock was heard from his door and a moment later a head poked in. Dick's face immediately lit up and a light blush crept to his face. "Hey, Princess."

Percy smiled and walked in. "Hey, heard you laughing," She plopped down on his bed like that's the most casual thing to do. "Were you mocking Wally again?"

Dick chuckled. "What gave it away?" He asked, climbing onto the bed as well and lying just across from her.

"Oh, I don't know, your laugh of triumph," Percy said sarcastically. Her eyes looked up and meet his and once again, Dick felt himself slowly drowning in its beautiful colors.

"You know me too well," His voice lowered a little and he leaned in, so he was looking down at Percy's beautiful face and bringing her closer and placed a kiss on her lips, tasting the sweetness again. He could get used to this.

"What did you and Wally talked about?" She asked once they separated.

"Oh, nothing out of the ordinary," Dick said brushing it off. "But he did remind me something."

"Hm?"

Dick tugged away a strand of loose hair from Percy's face. "I know we confessed just last night and I didn't have the chance to ask you the important question."

"What is it?"

"Will you be mine?"

Percy's cheeks became red and her eyes widened, then a mischievous smirk found its way to her lips. "Hmm, let me think..." She was clearly having fun teasing him.

Dick's face grew dark.

"No hesitation allowed. It's a yes." He insisted and slammed his lips down on hers, surprising the girl. Dick felt Percy smiling into the kiss and he instantly relaxed.

"You know I would never say no to that..." Percy said once he let go of her again. "I've been looking forward to that since forever."

"So what are we now?"

"Partners in more than just crime?"

"Crime-fighting."

"Same thing."

Dick laughed and jumped off the bed. He walked over to where Percy was laying and offered her a hand to pull her up. "As much as I love to spend the day with you just laying on the bed and doing nothing, we still had a job to do."

"Should we tell the Team?" Percy asked when they got to the Batcave and changed into their suit.

"About us?" Dick asked, adjusting his mask. "Nah, they will figure it out on their own."

Percy looked troubled as she pulled up her hood and hid her braided hair beneath it. "Speaking of which...does Bruce know...?"

Dick smiled, putting down his utility belt and walking over to the daughter of Poseidon. He gently turned her around so she's facing him. "He does." He said simply.

"What?"

"Yeah, he had a chat with me last night just after you were asleep, I think. I'll spare you the detail, but the conclusion is that he knew we did come to this eventually, he just ask us to try not to make a big deal about this in the public."

Percy blinked then smiled, she relaxed ever so slightly under his touch. "Didn't know he found out about it so soon and be so calm about this."

"Hey, he's Batman," Dick said with a shrug. "Plus the guy was rarely fazed by anything." He placed a kiss on the girl's forehead.

"Now let's go, can't keep the others waiting."

"Why are we even going so early in the day? You know for a fact that we will be the first to arrive no matter what."

"Punctual is key."

...

Percy's POV

"What is going on here?" Percy asked out loud as she and Robin watched the Team all huddling together over the kitchen counter.

Megan perked out when she saw them. "Robin, Tidal-Wing, so good to see you guys."

"What are you guys doing?" Robin asked, walking over to peek at what the team was doing.

"We are planning for Wally's Birthday!" Megan answered cheerfully. She seemed to be the only one at the table who had on a happy face, Artemis looked bored out of her mind, Kaldur and Conner had on a stoic face as usual, and Zatanna, who was also present, looked distracted.

"Wally's birthday?" Percy echoed.

"Shoot, I forgot." Dick hit himself on the head. "I was so focused on-on other things..."

"Like?" Artemis asked.

"D-doesn't matter..." Dick's cheeks grew hot and Percy purposely looked away.

"So do we all agree?" Megan asked.

"Agree about what?" Percy wondered.

"To have the party here at the Cave," Megan explained. "The entire team will be here and we could ask the Justice League to come too!"

"As if the Flash would miss out on his own protege's birthday," Dick said, crossing his arms.

Percy focused hard on the notepad on the table. "So who's gonna bring the cake? We need at least three. Speedsters eat a lot."

"Especially Wally," Artemis snickered.

"I and Zatanna got that covered," Megan said happily. "Conner and Kaldur got the decorations covered."

Dick looked at Percy and smiled. "Well, then I guess we will do the hacking."

Zatanna finally looked up, "Hacking?" She asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Yeah," Percy said nonchalantly. "How else do you think the leagues are going to get their invitation?"

"Leave this to us," Robin said confidently. "We could get this done in no time."

Miss M clapped happily. "Then it's settled."

...

"Guess there's no training today..." Percy said as they reappeared inside the Batcave.

"And it's not yet time for patrol," Dick added. "So we basically had the afternoon free."

"We could start with invitations," Percy suggested, sitting down on the training mat in the Batcave. "But the party is not until a few days later."

Dick took off his mask and throw himself down on the spot next to her, his blue eyes fixed on her. "Seems that for the first time in a long time, we are finally free."

Percy laughed. "Yep, suggestions?"

Dick propped himself up, a smirk on his face. "One," He said simply.

"What is it?"

"Come closer and I'll tell you."

Percy leaned forward, eager to hear what Dick had in mind and the Boy Wonder took the opportunity to cup his hand on the girl's cheek and kissed her deeply.

Percy's eyes widened but nonetheless circled her arms around the boy's neck. Dick moved his hand from her face to the back of her head, bringing her closer.

After a few moments, Dick unwillingly let go of Percy so she could have a moment to breathe.

Percy immediately gasped for air. "You could have warned me," She complained. "I've never been so grateful for the opportunity to breath."

Dick only smiled. "Don't tell me you didn't enjoy it?"

Percy gave him a weird look. "I know your ego is big, but by the gods, what happened to you?"

"Nothing," The Boy Wonder said. "They say love can change a person dramatically, I guess it just came true for me."

"Stop that, you're giving me goose-bumps..." Dick's laughter rang out in the echoing cave.

"Get ready," He said finally. "We are leaving in two."

Percy looked at him confused. "We are? Where to?"

"You'll see."

...

Dick's POV

He had no idea where to take Percy.

As the limo drove down the busy streets of Gotham, Dick's mind was spinning faster than the Flash could run. He could take Percy to the movies but he doubts she had the patience to sit through the whole thing without her ADHD acting up, that happened once or twice when the movie they are watching bored her out.

His eyes scanned the scene outside the window and suddenly landed on something far out in the distance.

"Alfred, can you please drop us off at the carnival?"

"Of course, Master Richard," Came the butler's voice from the front. "Shall I wait for you and Miss Persephone?"

"No need, Alfred," Dick answered. "We'll find a way home, via Zeta-tube or other transportation."

He looked over to his side, expecting to see Percy's excited face, but only found the girl staring out her side of the window, her face a mask of sadness. That instantly worried him, Percy seemed deep in thought, her posture was way too still for an ADHD girl, the white strand of hair seemed more attention-drawing than ever.

"Princess? Are you alright?" No reaction from the girl. Dick scotched closer to her, to the point where her battle instinct should have kicked in when a person is within your comfort zone, but still, Percy sat as still as a statue.

"Percy! What's wrong?" This time Dick placed a hand on her shoulder, which made the girl jump.

"Oh, sorry...I was distracted," Percy said quickly, her eyes darting everywhere. "What's up?"

The Boy Wonder furrowed his eyebrow. "I-Never mind. What's gotten in you lately? You've been more absentminded than usual and...the entire emotion you're giving off is...concerning." He sighed. "Look, I know for a fact that it has something to do with Camp. And I know-" He held out a hand to stop Percy before she could speak so he could get to his point.

"I know, you can not by any means tell me what is going on. I get that," Percy hung her head guiltily, Dick reached out his hand and tilt up the girl's chin to make her look at him. "But you know that whatever it is that you are going through, I will always be here for you."

Percy gave a weak smile. "Thank you," She glanced out the window again and furrowed her eyebrows. "Di, where are we?"

"Young Master Richard, Miss Persephone, we have arrived." Announced the butler.

Dick winked at the girl next to him then turned his attention back to Alfred. "Thanks, Alfred!"

"My pleasure, Master Richard."

Dick opened the limo door and pulled the still confused Percy out of the car with him and dragged her along as the dark fancy car speed away again.

"A carnival?" Percy asked, looking up at the sigh as the blue-eyed boy continues to drag her along, first getting two tickets at the booth.

"Yep." Came the boy's answer as he thanked the lady at the booth.

"Are you going to explain or..."

Dick's eyes hed a brilliant light when they found Percy's moving sea-green. "Well, it's a date."

The daughter of Poseidon blinked. "Say what?"

"A date," Dick repeated. "It's been a while since the two of us get to have an entire afternoon all to ourselves so I thought coming to the carnival would be a great idea and..." He laced his fingers with Percy's and held them up to his lips. "We are official now, so this will be our first date."

Percy gazed at their intertwined fingers and blushed red. "...you could have warned me..." She mumbled, looking down at her ripped jeans and Batman t-shirt.

Dick laughed when he realized what Percy was thinking, he dragged her a little closer to him and placed his arms around her shoulders. "Never thought I'll see the day when the Percy Jackson cared about what she wears, bless my humble soul!"

Percy jabbed her elbow into Dick's side, making the boy wince. "Not a chance, buddy."

Dick laughed and Percy couldn't help but smiled a little. They walked through the entrance and were immediately drawn to the many entertainments the carnival offers. Small game booths lined the side of the roads and in the distance rollercoasters and ferrous wheels lined the skyline. Cheerful music can be heard from somewhere to the right and Dick guessed that there's some sort of dance-off there.

Percy's eyes were as wide as the tires of the Bat-mobile, Dick nudged her a little. "Come on, Princess. Less staring more playing."

With that, the demigoddess took off without another word, dragging the boy with her as they maneuver through the crowd at an impossible rate.

...

Percy's POV

"This has been a fun day." Percy sighed, leaning back in her seat as the ferrous wheel took them higher and higher into the air.

"Yeah," Dick said. "We did a lot this afternoon."

"I destroyed you in Water Gun," Percy said with a smirk while looking up at the sky.

"And I annihilated you in the shooting range." Dick fired back and Percy punched him in the arm.

"And we won a bunch of prizes that may last us a lifetime," Percy said.

"If you hadn't given all of them out to the kids who were watching us, then yeah sure."

"No, I saved some," Percy said and began digging through her pocket. "Check it out!" She held up two identical braided plaque bracelets for him to see.

"Oh, I remember those," Dick said, taking one from Percy and held it up in front of his face. "You won them at the dodgeball court."

"Yep, and it's our favorite color," Percy added. "Blue."

"Hang on," Dick said, looking closer at it. "What does it say?" He squinted at the titanium plaque of the bracelet.

Percy glanced at Dick from the side and smiled. "Love never dies," She quoted softly.

Dick smiled and looked at her, his eyes shining. "Well, can't argue with that. It's also fitting for us."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah."

He leaned in at the same time Percy did and they shared a kiss as the ferrous wheel reached the top and the setting sun shined upon their faces.

"So, mind if I keep this?" Dick said once they separated.

"Not at all," Percy said, she took the bracelet out of the boy's hand and personally placed it on his wrist. "And as I quote Wally, it's a souvenir."

"Hm, more like a witness," Dick said, taking Percy's bracelet out of her hand and placed it around her wrist.

The sun was disappearing over the distant building when they finally got off the ferrous wheel, hand in hand.

"Do you like it? Our first date?" Dick asked her.

Percy leaned her head on his shoulder and sighed. "I loved it." She said quietly.

"I loved it too." Came Dick's voice.

"Thank you."

"Anytime, Partner."

Hey Readers! Sorry I haven't been posting. I'm currently in Summer camp and it's very busy here (I swear I'm not at Camp Half-Blood!). I tried my best to do a bit of writing every night and keep up the update so yeah...Hope you enjoy this chapter and I'll see you in the next. Bye~

Stay Safe Everyone~

I Purple You~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

661K 18.1K 57
Like a fish out of water, Persephone "Percy" Jackson has lost everything. Everything from her friends, her soulmate, her mother, her family, all beca...
98.7K 1.7K 12
Before she was Percy Jackson she was Persephone Todd younger sister to Jason Todd bu what happens when Jason tries to steal from the batmobile but en...
219K 6.6K 21
Persephone Jackson, after winning two enormous wars, got left behind broken and alone. Betrayed by her most loved ones, the scars ran deeper than eve...
260K 8.1K 61
(before I begin this is my first story, and second all the art is mine created purely for this story) Persephone Jackson, or better known as Percy ha...