Forever Mine ( Season 2)

By AdizaDiaries

The incident that changed everything. That one mistake, and their happiness vanished. Will they ever be toget... More

Forever Mine ( Season 2)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter - 16
AN
Chapter - 17
Chapter 18

Chapter 10

772 129 30
By AdizaDiaries

Flashback

Neil and Avni went to meet the cardiologist who flown from London to India, specially on neil's request, as neil don't want to delay his son's treatment.

They went to hospital along with ivan, where ivan was being examined and went through various machines and tests.

After 3 hour , When all the tests were done and reports came, Neil and Avni entered  Doctor Richard's cabin , with lots of hope in their eyes and prayers in their hearts.

Neil : Firstly, Thank you so much Dr Richard, that you specially came India on such a short notice. I will always be grateful to you.

Dr Richard : Its okah Neil, You are such a superstar and everyone in London loves you so much, So how can i deny your request. And specially, its a case of your son, he is such a small bany suffering from so much, and as a child's specialist i can't risk any baby's life, because of delay. So thats perfectly fine.

Neil nodded with a slight smile. While the nervousness was clearly visible on his face. Avni who was holding ivan in her hands looked at him for a second, and then she just held neil's hands, before the doctor announce the treatment and the severeness of the case.

Dr Richard spoke after, carefully examining his reports Look Neil, i have always been honest with my patients. So, i won't hide anything from you guys.

Neil breathed and tightened his grip on avni's hands - Doctor  tell us everything, however serious it is, we.....we are ready ! he said and held avni's hand giving her assurance that he is there, no matter what.

Avni's heart was racing fast, she don't want to listen anything but good for her son.

Dr richard : As your local doctor has already told you that Ivan is suffering from VSD, i.e. he has a hole in his heart.

Maybe it was there since his birth only, but it was too small that no one noticed, plus there were no complications earlier.

And usually these holes tends to get closed as the kid grows.

But, (he turned her gaze to avni)
As per your pregnancy history mrs khanna, your elder daughter also has a immune deficiency , if i am not wrong...?

Avni turned her gaze towards neil and then to the doctor and she nodded.

Dr Richard : I went through your both the pregnancy reports, and its the same deficiency that your son also carries.
And because of that complication, this case is....more serious !
Instead of getting closed, his hole might become bigger and bigger by each passing day......! he exclaimed honestly.

Avni was almost at the verge of crying, but she controlled and listened patiently.

Doctor continued - Honestly speaking, i have handled such cases in the past also, and i wont lie....that this is serious.

Neil and Avni both were shaken from inside.

Doctor - But don't lose hopes, there are solutions.
Technology is so advanced these days that anything is possible.

Neil - What's....what's the solutions ?
he asked agitated

Doctor - There are two solutions Neil.
One is medication, we will inject the medicines in his system which will slowly and gradually closes his hole with time. But , every week twice, he has to be in the hospital. I repeat every week.
But this is not the permanent solution. If the hole gets closed with medications then very good, otherwise.....the chances of his survival is very less.

Their hearts broke into thousands of peaces listening this.

Neil - The sec...second option ?
he asked impatiently

Doctor  took a long pause and then spoke -'Open heart surgery'

Floor slipped away their feets, neil left avni's hand and they both were in the shock.

They will rip away my small baby's heart ? My child has to suffer so much ?
What has he done to take so much pain ?

All these thoughts were scaring them to the core.

Doctor continued - Usually it takes few minutes of surgery, but in your son's case, it will take may be an hour also.

Avni : Doctor, he is...he is just an year old. How...how can he....
avni could even speak as the tears make their way out her eyes, making her heart heavy.

Doctor : Trust me mrs khanna, I have operated on a day old child also. He is still 1 and a half year old.

Avni : B....but still....is is there any other option....?

Doctor - No, there are only these two ways. And even after the surgery chances are 50:50. Depend upon his immunity system. As you know, his immune is not very strong.

Right now i suggest go for medication for few days, which will stable his condition.
But i told you, medication is not the permanent solution. And if his hole gets bigger despite medicines, then we can't even operate on him.

So you both have to decide soon. Whether you guys want to go for medication only, or the surgery.

Doctor told them everything being very transparent. Now the decision lies with neil and avni. However they were not in a position to think anything.
They just head home with heavy hearts and teary eyes.
They make look normal outside but from inside they were all broken and shattered. How can they see their child dying each day....?

....

At home

Avni and neil head to their room. Avni sat on the bed and was making Ivan sleep in her lap. She was constantly looking at him and smiling, softly caressing his hairs and adoring his beautiful face.

Neil sat next to her , and he also adored his son. How peacefully he is sleeping in his mothers lap. Neil bends and placed a kiss on his forehead, and smiled.

......

Days passed by

They didn't talked about the decision which they have to take, as they just want to forget everything.
They kept themselves busy so that they don't have to think about that as they don't want to decide anything....when in both the options they can see their child going away from them.

Whenever Neil tries to speak about that topic to Avni, everytime Avni changes the topic as she don't want to put herself in dilemma.

Neil - Avni, avni listen....mujhe tumse kuch baat karni hai....

Avni - Neil abhi nahi....abhi mujhe bohot kaam hai....Aarya ka school homework karana hai, ivan ko khana khilana hain, usko medicines deni hai...

Neil - Avni, we need to talk....we can't ignore it....and we can't delay it.

Avni was not looking in his eyes, when neil came closer , held her from her shoulders and made her look in his eyes.

The moment they look into each others eyes, their eyes got wet. Avni started crying and neil immediately took her into a hug. Avni clutched his shirt tightly and hid her face in his shirt.

Avni (crying) : Neil, i cant see him going....i cant see him in pain....i....i can't decide neil.....i can't.

Neil held her closer and kissed her hairs from the back.

Neil : We won't let him go avni. Main hoon na.....main sab thik kar dunga...But we need to be strong and we need to face it avni.

he broke the hug and and cupped her face. he wiped her tears from his thumb, kissed her forehead and spoke....

Neil - Aaj raat ko..we will not run from the truth, we will face it and talk. Because we have to decide avni, its about our son's life, we cant delay it. Okay...?

Avni nodded.

.......

At night

Neil entered the room , and saw avni lying on the bed, while aarya and ivan were sleeping beside her. Avni was looking at her kids and just adoring their innocence. She covered them with the quilt, kissed them and looked away when she saw neil entering the room.

Avni - Neil tum aa gye....kaafi der kar di aaj.... she stood up and move towards him.

Neil - Han vo bss kuch kaam tha....avni bache aaj yaha ?

Avni : Han vo, Aarya zidd kar rahi thi ki use aaj humare sath sona hain....or tumhara wait krte karte vo so gayi....Ivan bhi bss abhi abhi soya hain....
Tum change kar lo main tumhara khana lga deti hun...

She was about to moveout when neil held her hand and said...

Neil - Avni tumhe yaad hai na...maine kya kaha tha...aaj hume baat karni hain....he said looking in her eyes.

Avni - Neil, aaj rehne dete hai na...bache so rahe hain....or bohot raat ho gayi hai...

Neil knew she is again making excuses to avoid the conversation.

Neil - Nahi avni....baat to hum aaj hi krenge....chalo mere saath....

He held her hand , and moved out of the room. They both moved up to the terrace.

They stood in front of each other and looked in each others eyes.

Neil - Bolo avni....toh kya decide kiya hai tumne. Ivan ke treatment ke liye...hume koi na koi decision lena hi hoga.....neil said looking in her eyes.

avni spoke after a long pause....

Avni : K..kaise decide kru main neil....jabki dono ki options me mujhe...mujhe mera beta dur jata dikhayi de rha hain...
kaise dur jaane du use...tumhi btao...kaise dur jane du use....

9 mahine main use apne andar rkha.....uske aana ka pal pal intezar kiya.....or aaj....aaj tum chahte ho ki main use dur jane dun.....mujhme himmat nahi hai neil.....nahi hai himmat.....ye sochke bhi mujhe darr lagta hain.....she said and started crying and losing her control

Neil came forward and held her...Avni...Avni sambhalo khudko...

Avni - Tum...tum jante ho neil, Ivan jab sota hain to vo....vo mere kapde ko, apni mutthi me tightly band kr leta hain...he.....he clutches a peace of my cloth in his wrist tightly, so that...so that i don't move away from him......
Taaki main hmesha uske paas rhu...or vo aaram se so sake....
He feels....he feels safe around me. He thinks ki uski mumma hai toh use kuch nahi hoga....he feels secure.

Lekin use..use nahi pata ki uski mumma use hamesha secure nahi rakh sakti...use har dukh, har takleed se nahi bacha payegi uski mumma......
and i....i feel so helpless neil.....i feel so helpless.
Isiliye i can't decide. I can't let my baby go away in any situation.

Neil held her hands , looked in her eyes and said.....See i know its difficult for us to decide, but situation samjho avni....agar hum jyada delay karenge....to hum ivan ko kho denge...because tum janti ho ivan ka immunity sytem strong nahi hain. He also has immune deficiency like aarya....or aise me...i...i dont think ki medicinces will work for him...

Ultimately his hole will get bigger and tab humare paas koi option nahi hoga......So i think....I THINK WE SHOULD GO WITH THE SURGERY....!
as soon as he spoke this, avni left his hands and looked shockingly in his eyes...

Avni - WHAT....?

Neil - Avni, zara socho....if this goes successful then....

Avni - Or agar unsuccessful hua toh....she asked back to which neil went silent.
Bolo neil, agar surgery unsuccessful hui toh....toh kya jaane doge apne bete ko.....itni aasani se jaane doge....?

Neil  - Avni....

Avni - No....we will go with medications only, and i know mera...mera beta thik ho jayega...she said while didnt looked in neil's eyes

Neil (snapped back at her) - Avni are you out of your mind....ye time emotional hone ka nahi hain...Tumne suna nahi tha doctor ne kya kaha tha.....Ki medication permanent soluton nahi hain...its just a temporary stablesness. Or agar aise me, aage chalke if his hole gets bigger then they CANT EVEN OPERATE ON HIM.... he gets a little louder sensing the seriousness of the situation.

Avni - Haan to kya chahte ho tum....ki apni aakho ke saamne apne bete ko lita du death bed pe....NEIL HE IS JUST 1 YEAR OLD....why dont you get this.....HE CANT HANDLE OPEN HEART SURGERY.
She also gets out of control and they start fighting...

Neil - And if medication didnt worked .....? Tab kya krogi tum....? Bolo......dekh paogi apne bete ko pal pal tadapke hue.... USE HAR DIN MARTE HUE DEKH PAOGI....

Avni - Neiiiillllllll.......(her eyes started shedding tears) Bolne se pehle soch toh lo kya bol rahe ho....she shed tears of sorrow and become weak in her knees.

Her heart got heavy and she started crying, while breaking down completely.

Neil tried to hold her but she stopped him and placed her hand in front of him

Avni looked up in his eyes and spoke emotionally - Tumne kaha tha, ki main kuch nahi hone dunga apne bete ko....Kahaa tha na....?
To kya tum mujhe guarantee dete ho ki surgery ke baad mere bete ko kuch nahi hoga......?

Neil listened and went numb.....he dont know what to reply.
He looked helplessly in her eyes, while his own eyes started shedding tears.

Avni - Bolo neil de sakte ho guarantee...
Agar Haan...then i am okay with surgery...or agar Nahi de sakte guarantee.....then dont expect me to agree on this.
she said feircely, looked in his eyes for a second, and then immediately ran down to her room.

Flashback ends

.............

Hey guys !

Hope you liked the chapter

Please do share your reviews !

And Thanks for your patience❤

Love
Adiza diaries

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.6K 5K 22
Two best friends. Will they confess or fall apart. Read to find more. COMPLETED ON 14TH AUGUST 2019
25.3K 3.4K 96
What happens when a cute ,bubbly , innocent , confused girl falls in love with two handsome boys ?
92.9K 8.9K 40
What happens when you accidentally married A person whom you hate... Will hate turns to love. ❀😘